• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
black shadow

as much as i would like to see samurai goroh, i think that if black shadow is in the game he could be a clone of cpt. falcon (like a melee ganondorf) and then give ganondorf a unique moveset (with sword)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
WHAT? You cant be serious, Samurai Goroh would DEFINITELY have an original moveset, whereas Black Shadow, would definitely be a clone....

Spire

III
BRoomer
Everyone is so keen on the Black Shadow adopting Ganondorf's moveset. Bandwagoning? Perhaps. I personally would not want Black Shadow to be rendered useless, seeing as how no one wants Ganondorf to continue using the moveset that he has because of how bad it tends to be. I would prefer Black Shadow to get an entirely new moveset, perhaps similar in weight to Ganondorf, and while it seems logical to give another F-Zero rep a Falcon-esque moveset rather than to a Zelda character, Black Shadow should definitely play differently than Ganondorf, with perhaps a "charging" attack, seeing as how he drives the "Black Bull", and other attacks using both his arms, legs, AND head.

I'm not trying to persuade anyone here, but do none of you realize that Goroh too, is a villain? Yeah, not so "evil" as Black Shadow, but nevertheless, he hates the hell out of Falcon. He's also one of the original four also, unlike Black Shadow who has only in recent times gained popularity status due to his role in the Story mode of GX. Just some information for you guys.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I guess the black shadow. we need moar villains plox!

please do Wario Ware Series next. I'm so putting my vote for 9-volt.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think that F-Zero doesn't need any more new reps. But if I had to choose one, I'd choose Black Shadow because he isn't a sword user. Takamaru would be a better candidate for a katana user than Samurai Goroh because Takamaru is an actual samurai, and comes from a retro game.

Black Shadow would be ok I guess, he looks different with those horns and I guess you could give him an entirely different moveset (non Ganondorfs). You should have put the F-Zero character Jody Summers there I bet that would have gotten quite a bit of votes ;)

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think that F-Zero doesn't need any more new reps
...Are you f**king kidding? F-Zero has gone three years without a second representative. Every other series has at least two, except for a few classics. It deserves a new rep more than anyone else. Except maybe metroid, I don't consider a second samus a new character. I consider it a new moveset.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Black Shadow. He deserves it more than Goroh.

The next poll should be Zelda. Tingle vs Tetra vs Midna
I can't let you do that Star Fox.

Also, due to the fact that this thread has been moved to these boards, the number of votes have been crawling in, so I'm going to leave it open til.... 6:00 PM tonight rather than changing it at the usual 12:00 PM. Stick around for the next contest; many may hurl!

EDIT: A little late, but it has been updated. Animal Crosser vs. Tom Nook vs. K.K. Slider. A bit controversial, but pick the one that you think would make the best fighter, despite they placid nature of Animal Crossing.

majora_787

Smash Hero
K.K. Slider probably has the smallest chance. Animal Crosser and Nook could have similar movesets easily, but I thing Animal Crosser will make it in first.

Especially if he has 12 outfits like wario. 12 male, 12 female. I'm tryin to be fair here :laugh:

K.K. Slider: 1
Animal Crosser: 2
Tom Nook: 0

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Aw man, tough choice. I saw a REALLY good moveset for Tom Nook about an hour ago.

I'll find it.

Also, Tom Nook could use the various approns he used as his stores changed as alt costumes, as well as some other colors.

K.K., I dont really know what moves he could havem, but if someone has a good moveset, please show me, as I think K.K. is awesome.

Animal Crosser though I was never too keen on, but I could accept him as well.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I really don't see much "fighing" from animal crossing.

However, K. K. Slider is pretty cool, and there are very few musical movesets (D.K. and Jiggs have their attack, but still...). Its actually a really tough choice, because the best character (tom Nook) isn't the coolest, and I've seen absolutely no violence in the game. K.K. it is.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Not too hard. Nook is more of an Assist Trophy than anything, maybe make items fall from the sky...

KK is definitely a set up for a legend, but it'd be TOO hard to come up with a GOOD moveset.

Crosser is my pick. He's got an axe, slingshot, bug net, fishing rod, and a whole wardrobe.

Crosser FTW

majora_787

Smash Hero
K.K. Slider - 3
Animal Crosser - 8
Tom Nook - 2

I don't think Totakeke has that good of a possible moveset, imo...
Toom Nook and Crosser are the only real candidates. Nook has better costumes, but it's kinda like chosing between Mario and Toad. Both well know, one's the main character and the other runs a shop.

majora_787

Smash Hero
...Is there really a point in saying something here if your just going to say "none of them"?

Spire

III
BRoomer
K.K. Slider - 3
Animal Crosser - 6
Tom Nook - 0

I don't think Totakeke has that good of a possible moveset, imo...
Toom Nook and Crosser are the only real candidates. Nook has better costumes, but it's kinda like chosing between Mario and Toad. Both well know, one's the main character and the other runs a shop.
On the contrary, I actually see a lot of potential in Totakeke, using his guitar as his primary weapon. His Final Smash would of course be just like when you get him to play a song on Animal Crossing - the whole screen goes black, except for a light shining down upon him. All players (and their name tags) are rendered invisible and take constant damage (like the Ice Climber's Final Smash).

Also, to people like ShadowYoshi, please vote regardless of whether or not you find potential in any of the candidates. I hope you realize that you are gaining no post counts by posting on this board, so trying to sound like a smartass just to bump your post count isn't going to help you.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If you say so. But I would prefer an AC character have variety in his moveset, not just a guitar. Tom Nook and an Animal Crosser are the only characters who can use all of the items in the game to make an amusing moveset without making a ness of themselves.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Tom Nook.

1. An Animal Crosser looks dull.
2. Tom Nook has access to all the items in the game. He is a shrewd merchant who can throw leaves which turn into furniture at random times during their horizontal movement and fall with a crash. Plus a fishing pole to reel people in.

Nothing against Slider, I can see him having a good musical moveset and be more interesting than another small body, big headed human (to join Ness and Lucas). But Tom Nook can represent more facets of the game than Slider.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
Also, to people like ShadowYoshi, please vote regardless of whether or not you find potential in any of the candidates. I hope you realize that you are gaining no post counts by posting on this board, so trying to sound like a smartass just to bump your post count isn't going to help you.
im not trying to bump my post count up, i recently just got back on these boards cus i found this thread interesting and i could care less how many post i have

i said none of them because i think that there should not be an animal crossing character

i'm not trying to be a smart ***

but since everyone's *****ing i'll go with animal crosser if that makes you happier

Amide

Smash Lord
Tom Nook. Crosser's cool, but come on. You need to have an actual character.

Uncle_Donkey

Smash Rookie
I've never played Animal Crossing, but K.K. Slider seems to me like the most popular character in that game.

His Final Smash starts a Guitar Hero-esque fret board scrolling down. Play the notes correctly to boost the power of the attack. Yes, the ultimate awesome.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
God dammit.

Animal Crossing. No. Are you even thinking?

Animal Crossing doesn't even feature fighting. Every character in Brawl (with the exclusion of R.O.B. who also makes me angry) has fought in there game or an anime. Maybe if there's a problem with a forest growing over smash land, then we'll need the animal crosser to chop it down.

Neb

Smash Lord
It might not be the best candidate for a new brawl, but it would be interesting. Animal Crossing has had a series of games on Nintendo consoles and handhelds, I don't see the big problem, if theres an AC stage, why not have a representative?

Sure they don't really fight in their games, but they do set pitfalls, they whack their neighbors with nets, rip people off, etc, lol.
/stupidstatement

Animal Crosser grab animation and recovery= Tether Fishing rod

majora_787

Smash Hero
K.K. Slider - 3
Animal Crosser - 8
Tom Nook - 3

Capt falcon master, you really should give a reason. Or at least use punctuation, if you don't want to look like a tard.

SkylerOcon. Ice Climber and Game+Watch don't really feature fighting, they feature hitting a couple things with a hammer. ALSO, smash was not based off anime, or we'd see inuyasha or naruto or fma on the ****ed roster. So Captain Falcon didn't fight either.

Going by your logic, we should remove:
Dr. Mario. He dropped pills, that's it.
Capt. Falcon. He raced.
Game+Watch. Judgement was the closest he got to fighting, and that's hardly anything to be able to give him a moveset.
Ice Climbers, they hit things with hammers too. Okay, uhhh...not much to work with there.

Not really sure why you god ****ed purifists have to come on the internet and whine about R.O.B, leave him the hell out of it. That is all.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
ROB was the gaming savior, his apearence was overdue if you ask me.
Anyways, I vote for Nook, I'm sure his shroudy connections can manage a moveset for him...

majora_787

Smash Hero
ROB was the gaming savior, his apearence was overdue if you ask me.
Anyways, I vote for Nook, I'm sure his shroudy connections can manage a moveset for him...
I know what you mean. I would've been happy to see R.O.B. in the F12, like instead of Jiggs, but at least he's in a SSB at all.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
i would like a smasher to be someone who shows at least some fighting moves during their game(s). AC does not, there isn't even a boxing minigame.

capt. falcon is a bounty hunter he does fight, we know that.

ice climbers have giant mallets and wack around polar bears and other arcitc creatures.

dr. mario uses his pills to destroy things, plus he's a clone of mario.

G&W......well i have no explanation for him.

the point is the other fighters you named have fought or destroyed things in their games. At no point in AC do you destroy things or fight someone.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon fights yes. But he never fights in his games. He's a pilot of a racing craft.

In AC, you chop down trees and hit people with your net, sometimes also with your axe if your good enough. You can also bury pitfalls to trap them in the ground.

Spire

III
BRoomer
God dammit.

Animal Crossing. No. Are you even thinking?

Animal Crossing doesn't even feature fighting. Every character in Brawl (with the exclusion of R.O.B. who also makes me angry) has fought in there game or an anime. Maybe if there's a problem with a forest growing over smash land, then we'll need the animal crosser to chop it down.
You have to criticize everything don't you... I chose candidates that have been desired by people before - and have been in concession over time. These aren't my favorites, nor am I posting only characters that I personally would want in. There are those that I have posted and will post that I am not too fond of, but I know that some [many] are. I choose candidates to be fair to everyone.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You have to criticize everything don't you... I chose candidates that have been desired by people before - and have been in concession over time. These aren't my favorites, nor am I posting only characters that I personally would want in. There are those that I have posted and will post that I am not too fond of, but I know that some [many] are. I choose candidates to be fair to everyone.
Yes. I do criticize everything.

But, when making threads like these, wouldn't it be easier to choose characters that actually fight?

And before anybody says 'Captain Falcon' I have to remind you of something.

1) He fights in his anime
2) Included with the original F-Zero game there was a manga that featured a story of Captain Falcon doing bounty hunting stuff. So yeah. He fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom