• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
First off Victini has a large fanbase, what does it mean? It means that Victini most likely has a fanbase in Japan, maybe not as large as say Zoroark or Genosect but it definetly is growing.
Arcanine is the second most popular pokemon after Pikachu, according to a survey. Do you think he has a real chance to appear? Just because someone is popular does not mean that he has chances to appear. (obviously influences the popularity, but is not decisive)

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
No doubt there are things being done without our knowledge. they may now be doing a new game Fire Emblem, a new Golden Sun, a sixth-generation Pokemon, Metroid and the New Legend Of Zelda, Mario, Kirby, maybe even Ice Climber. No doubt the future will surprise us!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
and Mew didn't?
Because Mewtwo had way more popularity as a Pokemon villain around Melee's development.

Mew had a movie, Celebi had a movie, Jirachi had a movie, Manaphy had a movie, and none are playable.
Like I said, during Beael's development Lucario had the latest movie at the time Sakurai and team were in development, he looked at the latest.

Ok seriously people look at all the 'extra' pokemon up until now, all of them have been rare pokeball pokemon, what makes Victini stand out over the rest? he has popularity? didn't the other ones had popularity too? he has a movie coming up? so did the other ones as well.
That's because Lucario was the latest one who had his movie at the time, besides he had more popularity at the time of development regardless if Mew was popular or not.

If anything Mew had the best chance since he can have ANY attack does making a far more interesting moveset. Cmon guys it's been 3 games and in all of them the extra pokemon have been nothing but pokeball pokemon, why would victini be the exception.
I wasn't saying that he didn't have potential, or any chances for that matter, I believe Mew would have gotten into Melee if it wasn't for Mewtwo hurting his chances by a great demeanor, and Victini being the latest next to Zoroark gives him priority to at least be considered.

By no means am I implying that Victini will absolutely get in, I was pointing out that with his latest movie, he would at least be considered.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Like I said he's likely.
SSB Fan says Isaac has a better chance but I say it's Matthew since he's in the most recent game, Isaac can stay as an AT while Matthew becomes playable. Not to mention they both look similar so we might as well add the newest protagonist
I actually heard that both the FE games where Ike is the main protagonist as well as the Golden Sun where Matthew was the main character did terrible in sales. The new Golden Sun did especially bad when you look at it's predessesors. And Victini to me, stands out much more than Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi because for starters, he has limbs that are horribly under developed. He isn't in the same boat as Mew and the rest of the spritey characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Lucario didn't actually have the latest movie when Brawl started development. Manaphy's movie came out in '06. That's pretty amazing. The situation is exactly the same this time.

It's funny that both Lucario and Zoroark both were the first Pokemon of their generation to get their own movie. They have so many similarities it's uncanny, lol.

OmegaXXII

Arcanine is the second most popular pokemon after Pikachu, according to a survey. Do you think he has a real chance to appear? Just because someone is popular does not mean that he has chances to appear. (obviously influences the popularity, but is not decisive)
I believe he indeed is a popular Pokemon but you have to consider when he was most popular, sure he was popular during the Melee era, but I believe meowth who was indeed Pikachu's antagonist in the anime not to mention popularity is what would have killed Arcanine's chances to even be considered, he wasn't even a part of an item to much dissapointment.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, during Beael's development Lucario had the latest movie at the time Sakurai and team were in development, he looked at the latest.
Would Sakurai really just check what's on now and decide "Yeah that character looks ok, he gets in"?

OmegaXXII

Makes my teeth white

@Omega: Yo, are you still having trouble finding it?

EDIT- Gotta have the epic chin beard.
Is this the link? :awesome: anyway it's no problem if someone has opinionated ideas, i just want to state out what's realistic lol...

Would Sakurai really just check what's on now and decide "Yeah that character looks ok, he gets in"?
Not exactly, but seeing that Lucario had popularity at the time, I don't see why he wouldn't at least consider that Pokemon, popularity and exposure definitely counts, at least when it comes to pokemon

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
According to top 100 Pokemon survey IGN did, Smash already has the 2 most poplular Pokemon as characters, Mewtwo and Charizard. Other Smash Pokemon characters (even Pikachu) aren't even in the top 30, and characters that many on here are asking for like Meowth, Victini aren't even on the list.

But according to it, Lucario is still quite poplular 32, Zoroark is 68, so we may not see Lucario be replaced just yet, and Mewtwo may make a return, since they're both still poplular.

Link: http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not exactly, but seeing that Lucario had popularity at the time, I don't see why he wouldn't at least consider that Pokemon, popularity and exposure definitely counts, at least when it comes to pokemon
Not to mention Lucario is one of the few non-legendary Pokemon to actually have some sort of background/story to them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Unlike MK they'll probably ban Megaman without a second thought LOL
..Which wouldn't be good at all for Megaman mainers, but the fact that newbies would want to spam him due to him being cool would definetly ruin it.

Tier wars strike back again. That sure made me chuckle.

I don't know Zoroark as a character, but would he utilize a bunch of Dark attacks? Psychic? Fighting moves?
Zoroark is a pure Dark-type, but it does have access to other kinds of moves, such as Extrasensory, Flamethrower, and Counter.

Anyway I did post a special moveset for it several posts back. The moves include Dark Pulse, Faint Attack, Agility, and Foul Play. Night Daze was the Final Smash.

OmegaXXII

LOL goodness no, though your in for a wake up call. Simply click on your signature (or mine) and it'll take you there.
You've updated since fatmanonice gave us the green light right?
Yes, I have to update it, thanks for letting me know, Im gonna go ahead and check it out. =D

edit: what was that vid about? O_O

Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said:
Zoroark is a pure Dark-type, but it does have access to other kinds of moves, such as Extrasensory, Flamethrower, and Counter.

Anyway I did post a special moveset for it several posts back. The moves include Dark Pulse, Faint Attack, Agility, and Foul Play. Night Daze was the Final Smash.
Interesting, mind putting it up one more time? I'll have to keep it for archives.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I actually heard that both the FE games where Ike is the main protagonist as well as the Golden Sun where Matthew was the main character did terrible in sales. The new Golden Sun did especially bad when you look at it's predessesors. And Victini to me, stands out much more than Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi because for starters, he has limbs that are horribly under developed. He isn't in the same boat as Mew and the rest of the spritey characters.
I heard that regardless of the sales Ike was really popular in japan, and being the protagonist in the first 2 Fire emblems that reached other continents helped his inclusion no doubt.

Maybe the newest golden sun didn't so all that well but I still see Matthew, being the latest protagonist of the series, as the likely candidate for the series, since the latest game brought back Golden Sun, similarities between Isaac and Matthew phisically and that way Isaac (now older) can stay as an AT

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@OmegaXVII: Here you go...

Some details regarding the Zoroark special moveset that I've mentioned.

Dark Pulse: Zoroark fires a dark aura blast, damaging those in its path. Hold the special button to charge it up; release to fire; if fully charged, the attack will be released automatically.

Faint Attack: Zoroark disappears and makes illusions of itself to throw off the opponent. It then attacks for real.

Agility: This is used as a recovery move. Zoroark does up to two warps of Agility. The move doesn't damage opponents.

Foul Play: Zoroark stands its ground, waiting for its target to attack it directly. When hit, Zoroark will disappear and then reappear with a counterattack. The amount of damage that this move does is 1.2x the damage that Zoroark would've received, and its knockback also depends of the evaded attack's power.

Night Daze: Zoroark's Final Smash. It'll unleash a powerful blast of dark energy, damaging anyone in its path. The attack's range is large, but it is more effective if the targets are real close to Zoroark. If used at close range, the attack has KO potential, but not from a distance.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Isaacbeard got in, I bet the first texture hack he receives will be an Abe Lincoln texture. Top hat vertex hack will have to come a bit later.

...Incidentally, what if collectible items were in the 3DS version? That'd fit with the customization aspect. Top hat... big bow... I dunno, lol.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Some good news for Final Fantasy (post 7) fans:

This is a new 3DS game.

We can easily see Cloud and Lightning in the picture.

This means they have passed one requirement to join Smash series: They appear in a Nintendo console.

Cloud for Smash 4? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

This is a new 3DS game.

This means they have passed one requirement to join Smash series: They appear in a Nintendo console.

What is this!! A new game with Cloud for Nintendo? Does anybody know if this is legitimate? Oh .......

D

Deleted member

@ssbowns: I think we will eventually get to the point where we can add very little or no more slots to the series without totally unbalancing the game. I think the limit will top out somewhere between SSB5 and SSB7 and after that, remains level for the rest of the series. That's why I think it's better for the series to take a long break after SSB4, it would give Nintendo time to have lots of new series made and start fresh without the game starting to become repetitive. Not just in character rosters/stages/music, but the game play as well. I would say that we'll reach the limit around 65 character slots at best.
Because Toad is a generic character, it wouldn't be as different as adding Waddle Dee for a Kirby rep, both characters are generic characters that ALREADY appear in brawl as part of another character's moveset, yes you can say what you want about Yoshi being generic but he was added from the get go to a game that Sakurai thought wasn't even gonna get imported, so back them character inclusion wasn't a big deal.

I strongly believe Paper Mario won't be added because he'll take away what makes G&W so special, the one trait that makes G&W stand out from the other cast. And think about it, Paper Mario has been around since the 64, I think that is Sakurai where to add him he would have done so by now.

Yes, Geno has been around since the SNES, but it was only until the latest game that Sakurai realized he a VERY liked character, since he appeared in the top 5 most wanted characters in his poll. Much so that he even got Sakurai attention and started asking about the character, I believe that he wasn't added cause they didn't have time to talk with S.E. about his inclusion, and think about it, Nintendo has let S.E. make 2 crappy sports games with FF characters in them, I'm positive S.E. won't put up a fight in order to give Geno's rights, not to mention that he can be added to the Mario universe and not get his own symbol, thus not considered 3rd party. I am aware that there are many hurdles to jump to get Geno, but the fact that Sakurai said he likes obscure characters also helps his chances.

Then again I don't see Mario getting 2 more reps, so Bowser Jr. is still the likeliest.
- And what makes adding generic characters in SSB64 so different from now? Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are all generic characters, yet they are playable in at least one Smash game. There are no rules that said that you must be a generic character to be playable in SSB4. If it was, Yoshi would never be playable and neither would any Pokemon characters get in.

- What would Paper Mario take away from Mr. Game & Watch in terms of uniqueness? The fact that he would almost certainly be 2D? And beside, I think this is Paper Mario's best shot yet, with Paper Mario 3DS coming up. Dr. Mario was added in for a fifth slot in Melee, but due to being a clone, he was removed (Since he was planned to be playable in some way or form, they probably had no time to get a character in in place of Dr. Mario). Now that they don't have Dr. Mario to worry about, a fifth rep is pretty much a given and will certainly be considered. Now the question is, who will get that fifth spot? Bowser Jr. is the most likely, but Paper Mario and Toad are more popular in Japan, so I would not be surprise if Sakurai were to listen to Japanese demands and put in Paper Mario if they consider Toad to have no move set potentials (Which I disagree with, although I'm neutral on Toad).

- You forgot a few things which severely hurts Geno's chances in SSB4:

1. He is a very minor character in the Mario series. Geno has only appeared in one game as a playable character and only one unnoticeable cameo later on in 2003. Compare that to Bowser Jr.'s, Paper Mario's, Toad's, and others history. Nintendo first priority will not to get a very minor character in their biggest franchise and I doubt they'll consider Geno this time around.

2. He has lost a ton of support. After the miserable failure that was the Geno's alliance, the support diminished greatly. Geno will never gain the support he once had in the Brawl days again because people recognize that his chances are simply not good. Even if Geno was among the Top Five most requested characters in SSBB, that won't be the case with SSB4.

3. What makes you think Square Enix won't put up a fight? Square Enix has much more important characters they will probably suggest then a minor character who's only major role was in a game fifteen years ago. Fans demands are not high anymore, so Nintendo can't really listen to popularity either.

4. Geno is 100% irrelevant. Before you pull the "Retro" argument, remember that he did appear in a cameo in 2003. This makes him irrelevant, not retro, therefore, hurting his chances. He has made zero appearances in any game since. Square and Nintendo has had plenty of opportunities to get Geno in games and they didn't. It shows that neither companies care about Geno much and I doubt Sakurai will go through the trouble of getting an irrelevant character in SSB4.

Long story short, Geno had his best shot in Brawl and he didn't get in. As such, he will probably not be in SSB4, irregardless of whenever or not he would have the Mario symbol or not. Whereas this is the best chances Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad has of getting in a Super Smash Bros. game.
Being 'one-shot' characters shouldn't hurt their chances, want proof? Sheik, Lucas, Ness, these 3 characters are 'one-shot' characters and they're still in right? Fact is that Midna has a huge fanbase, to the point of Aonuma being asked and considering her return in a future game. Just because they appeared in one game doesn't automatically count them out, especially if the character is from a huge series like Zelda. I only mentioned Zant cause he's the next likeliest choice after Midna, BUT it could be that Ghirahim gets a huge fanbase or something and gets added over both characters because he's more recent.

I'm positive Tingle won't be added, he has had two shots in getting in playable, but instead he was added as a worthless AT in brawl, in the lines of goldeen, and like I've said, I believe AT characters are for those characters that are popular but that they don't have enough popularity or can't bring enough to the table to warrant a slot in the roster.

Besides, do you really want to see ANOTHER Zelda/Sheik or Tingle rather than a more unique character like Midna?
Sheik and Ness are not one-shot characters. Sheik appeared in the 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the N64 version considered to be one of the best games of all-time. That game was very significant to gaming history and was revolutionary for it's time. Ness had a GBA version in 2003 of Earthbound. It was Japan-exclusive, but it still counts. The only true example is Lucas and even so, Mother 3 was relevant enough at the time to get Lucas in.

When SSB4 arrives, Midna and Zant will be irrelevant as I doubt they'll be making an appearance in future Zelda games. Besides, not many people care about their inclusion in SSB4, myself included. Ghirahim has a small shot because of being the main villain of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords, but I really doubt he'll get huge fan demands for his inclusion in SSB4. Not a single potential Zelda character has high demands, making the chances of a fifth slot low.
I'm sorry but there's no way Dixie has more popularity than Midna, there's just no way.
Maybe K. Rool, but like I said in my blog, the fact is that it seems like Nintendo is starting to apart themselves from Rare's creations as much as possible, considering they went trough the trouble in brand new enemies, generic and boss alike, for the new game, when they could have just bring back the old ones and save a lot of trouble.

They only started recently to alienate K. Rool and the kremlins since the new DKCR game came out, like I said, they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just adding kremlins, but they didn't, so I figured because of that they don't want to have to rely on Rare's creations for DK enemies (or reps). I could be thinking about this way too much but that's how I see it, but if that's not the case then K. Rool will likely be the next rep then.

The DK series may be popular but I don't think it's worthy of 3 slots, sure neither is Star Fox but only Sakurai can figure out what Sakurai is thinking. Whether I'm right or wrong about the 3 slots thing, I still believe Dixie will be the likeliest character, but if I'm wrong about the K. Rool thing then K. Rool has a better shot, but I don't see it happening.

Also K. Rool didn't appear in Jungle Beat either, see my point?
- Dixie Kong has been with the series since 1995, appearing as Diddy's partner in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest and as the main character in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. She has since been in quite a few spin-off games and has also appeared in Mario Super Sluggers, which came out after Brawl. She is more relevant then Midna is now.

I doubt they have started to alienate King K. Rool yet. He did appear in Mario Superstar Baseball, so he has not been completely forgotten. Also, we shouldn't rule out a future appearance for King K. Rool in DK games. The lack of Kremlings and King K. Rool caused a huge back lash within the DK fan base and I don't think the developer of a possible DKCR2 title won't take adding those two into considerations. I would be very surprised if we never saw King K. Rool in another title again as a result of the back lash of him not appearing. One game is not enough to say that he will be forgotten anytime soon. Also, Diddy Kong did not appear in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Diddy is playable in Brawl, no I don't see your point.

Personally, I think DK is due for a third playable character in some way or of form as King K. Rool is very highly requested with few oppositions to his inclusion. Popularity isn't everything, as relevance and importance plays a part as well, but it should not be ignored.
Da ****? And DK's hasn't?

Anyway let me put it clear, the warioware series has 6 games total, and has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide, whether you believe it or not the series is a success, and getting a 2nd rep isn't all that impossible. And again Sakurai said he likes the obscure, and not only is 9-volt obscure, but he can bring a LOT more to the table than Mona or Ashley, mainly his love for Nintendo can make an incredibly fun moveset, using the zapper, powerglove, and so on.

DK getting a 3rd rep? unlikely, Wario getting a 2nd rep? more likely.
The DK series is popular and succesful but there's not much the characters from that series can bring to the table, yet 9-volt from Wario has nearly an unlimited ammount of stuff he can use because he's a nintendo fanboy, him pulling out weapons from other characters to fight isn't impossible.
Good luck with getting 9-Volt in. The problem with 9-Volt is that he has next to no demands to be a playable character. I also find demands for a Wario rep for legitimate reasons to be very low. People want Captain Syrup because she would be a female villain and people want Mona and Ashley because they are females. I absolutely fail to see why Wario is more likely to get a second rep then DK get a third rep. Personally, I am against all Wario characters inclusion with the sole exception of Wario.

And yes, King K. Rool can bring a lot to the table. He has his Blunderbuss, his helicopter, his crown, and his Rump Waves. He has a lot of potential to be a very unique Smash addition.
yet DK has enough variety for 3 reps? da **** man
If Dark Samus was playable, he would be a clone of Samus in some way or form. Ridley is the only one likely to be unique that has a chance, actually he's the only one with a good chance of being playable at all.
Maybe it's not enough to form a pattern, but I'm positive we'll get 2 more retro characters, and Mach Rider got his look updated in melee, and considering there aren't that many retro characters to choose from, MR is a likely bet, and lack of moveset? I can make a moveset on the fly for MR but it would take me days to make one for K. Rool.

Being a retro character opens a lot of possibilities for a moveset, Sakurai can make anything work, look at pit and ROB's moveset, they turned out amazingly, because Sakurai isn't restricted to what the character has done in previous games (since he only rode a motorcycle) he can add a chain, a gun, powerful moves ala falcon punch and so on.

And that really didn't stop captain falcon from being hindered at a possible moveset was he?
The only one one with a decent chance of getting in is Takamaru and I don't think we can notice pattern until it has happened three games in a row. Mach Rider, along with Urban Champion and Sukapon was rejected in Melee and as such, will probably never be playable in a Smash game. With the possibility of us getting as low as nine newcomers even without universal rosters, I'm sure one thing they'll cut out is a retro WTF character and keep the spots for much more deserving reps.
mew = 1st gen
celebi = 2nd gen
Jirachi = 3rd gen
Manaphy = 4th gen
victini = 5th gen

What do they all have in common? they're legendaries that have never gotten a playable role in smash, and I don't see what makes victini so special that will make him playable while mew, a character that can learn EVERY attack in the history of every only gets pokeball treatment.
Every one of those have become nothing but a pokeball pokemon, believing Victini will get a special treatment over the rest is just fooling yourself.

MAYBE Lucario will return, but because Zoroark is so similar to Lucario it's a possibility, and one that has been agreed on by many, that Zoroark will replace Lucario. Sure maybe both will stay but I personally don't see it likely.

Saying Genesect isn't relevant enough for SSB4 is dumb, he hasn't been acknowledge yet and if my friend Oasis is to believe, it won't be years until he is officially, maybe around the time Smash 4 is released? And again Genesect is like the mewtwo of this generation so it's likely it'll happen, likelier than victini that, if the past 3 games have shown anything, is that he'll be a pokeball pokemon.
Mewtwo was a legendary and he was playable in Melee. I don't think being a legendary means anything. Let me tell you why Victini has a chance:

July 16, 2005, Lucario got his own movie and on October, 2005, Sakurai started development in Brawl. Lucario is playable in Brawl. Victini's movie comes up on July 16, 2011 and on October, 2011, SSB4's development starts. Zoroark's movie was on 2010, far before SSB4 starts development. Notice the correlation between Lucario's and Victini's movies. They both had movies three months before Brawl's development. Furthermore, the demands for Victini's inclusion is growing. Less and less people want Zoroark and more and more people are supporting Victini's inclusion. By the time SSB4 starts development, Victini will have a noticeable fanbase supporting his inclusion for SSB4 and Victini will be more relevant then Zoroark. Considering that Genesect's movie won't be for a long while if it happens, I can see them taking a more relevant and likely more highly demanded Pokemon in the future and that Pokemon is Victini.

You should also note that he is Pokemon: Black & White's favorite Pokemon and considering that Game Freak plays a role in Super Smash Bros. I can see the director's biasness contributing to Victini's appearance as a playable Pokemon. He also has a good build for fighting whereas Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy did not. Furthermore, also note that all except one Pokemon in Brawl were in a movie or in the anime before Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl because that game was released after Brawl started development. This time is different. Pokemon: Black & White were released over a year before SSB4 starts development. We cannot assume that the same pattern will apply to SSB4 this time around for Pokemon characters. I'm not saying Victini will get in, but I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

Another thing to note, while I have my doubts about Lucario being in SSB4, characters getting the boot has only happened once. One game is not enough to assume that Lucario will likely face the axe in SSB4 as we have no pattern to follow.

Since Genesect hasn't been revealed, I doubt we'll be seeing him. He will be relevant, but he will not have enough time to gain the support that Zoroark has and what Victini will have in the future. Also, Mewtwo was revealed along with the other 149 first-gen Pokemon characters. Mewtwo was relevant from the moment Pokemon started, Genesect is not.
I think we'll get Black Shadow cause he's more obscure (something Sakurai likes) and can bring more to the table than another swordsman, you say that B.S. could turn out a clone, and if so what's to say Goroh won't be a clone of Takamaru, or the other way around? Having two samurais is stretching, and you can only do so much for a swordsmen moveset before they all look the same. Black Shadow can bring more to the table, is Falcon's eternal enemy, and we need more villains to begin with.

I understand Goroh is popular an everything, but he's already an AT, and like I've said before, those that are AT are characters that either need that extra popularity boost or can't bring enough to the table for a spot on the roster.
Most of the support I have seen for Black Shadow is that he can get Ganondorf's move set while Ganondorf gets an unique one. Very few people truly want Black Shadow because he thinks he deserves it. I am not against his inclusion, but I don't think that if Black Shadow gets into the game that his move set potentials will be recognized.

Also, Samurai Goroh could potentially be unique as unlike Black Shadow, they wouldn't just be able to give him Ganondorf's move set, people actually want him in because they think he can fight. Also, a Katana is a different type of blade then a sword. Also, I don't see why being an Assist Trophy hurts a character's chances at all, I actually think it helps the characters chances as it gives Sakurai the opportunity to look at characters with move set potentials and upgrade them to playable status.
Yet Star Fox has 3 reps in brawl while DK has two, funny how that works
I'm sorry WHAT? You're saying like Krystal isn't important to the SF series, which she was in adventures and command and somewhat in Assault, how is Dixie imporant to the series? she was just a partner character with no real background, personality or anything. K. Rool was important to the series but I already gave my reasons why I think he won't be in.

Like I said I don't see it likely that'll SF will get 4 reps, but if it does it'll be Krystal for sure.
Krystal has not made a game appearance since 2005 whereas Dixie and King K. Rool made an appearance in Mario Superstars Baseball in Summer, 2008. Both are more memorable and more relevant to Nintendo then Krystal. I never said Krystal wasn't important, just that she is very irrelevant to Nintendo now.

Like I said in my blog, I know squat about FE, BUT I believe like many others that BK will be playable, he's the only villain to appear twice in the series and being playable to boot, plus he's Ike's enemy, that makes his chances even higher. Micaiah was the main character in the latest game, hence why I think that gives her a better chance over Caeda, who I've never heard in my life, if you wanna explain why Caeda has a better chance go ahead, but I doubt it'll beat Black Knight's chances.
Black Knight has relevancy issues and so does Micaich as they have not appeared in a game since February, 2007. Caeda is relevant, having recently appeared in 2010's remake of Fire Emblem: Monshō no Nazo. If we get a third Fire Emblem character, Caeda is one of the most likely. Neither Black Knight nor Micaich have high demands for their inclusion whereas support for Caeda is growing.
Yes Isaac appeared in all 3 games, but he's older in the latest one, he passed the torch to his son per say. So if they're gonna add one or the other, it'll be the protagonist of the latest game, besides but characters look identical, what's the big deal?

Saki will probably not be added, and even if S&P gets a rep, it'll probably be the characters from the latest game, said game that was available outside of Japan (so was the original but only by wii shop) tho S&P didn't do so well so I really doubt we'll get a rep for them.

Starfy didn't do so well here in America and it did less in Japan, I don't think he'll be playable because, like I said, he got AT status (I've already explained this 3 times, look it up above).

I agree Little Mac is a shoe in thanks to the latest game, but I still think Matthew will be added and idk about the next one, I'm still leaning towards Ray 01, cause of a more unique moveset but it could be Starfy, idk.
- Isaac has appeared in all three games, making his relevant to the series and he hasn't just been forgotten. Furthermore, he has high fan demand. Combine that with importance to the series (He is the most important character in the Golden Sun series) and Isaac stands the best chance of any rep to be playable in SSB4. Matthew is important in the latest installment and is relevant, but not as important as Isaac was in the entire series (He didn't even appear in the first two games), not to mention low fan demand. Adding in Matthew would be a slap in the face for Golden Sun fans who wanted Isaac so badly (I'm fine with Matthew inclusion, although I think Isaac is a much better choice).

- Refer to my Assist Trophy argument above. Also, Saki has received considerable demand for his inclusion in SSB4 whereas Isa Jo has seen virtually zero. Relevancy keeps Saki from being a shoe-in, but I would say that since Saki looks the closest to a playable character in terms of model and move set potential he shows, I would say that he is the second-most likely character to be upgraded to Assist Trophy status.

- The Legendary Starfy most certainly did not sell poorly. It got half a million in America and 200,000 in Japan. Considering that the market is much smaller in Japan, I would say that would be acceptable sales. Also, refer to my Assist Trophy argument above.
Slime is a generic character, I don't care if he has his own spin off games, he's still a generic character. It won't happen, if Square is gonna add one of their characters it'll be from FF or Sora from KH, when these 2 series have been far more successful in and outside of Japan, while DQ is mostly a japan game.

Because Megaman has never appeared in crossover games? ok lol

Megaman is the likeliest 3rd party, but I still think Travis has a good chance JUST because of his creator, like I said: Suda is friends with Kojima, whose friends with Sakurai, chances are it'll happen, I think it's likely, and I'll cross my fingers, but if it doesn't happen it'll because Nintendo said no, not because Suda didn't try that's for sure, and that alone makes me respect the dude for his fantastic games and for his ballsyness.
- Disagree that being a generic character means anything. And beside, whenever you'll admit it or not, Slime is our best shot as a Square Enix rep. Cloud is hated by many Final Fantasy fans and has only made two cameo appearances on Nintendo consoles, Sora is a creation from Square Enix and Disney, which results in messy licensing issues if they went for him, and other Final Fantasy characters have either no chance at all (Tidus) or extremely little (Any Final Fantasy main protagonists) chances of appearing, with the exceptions of Moogle and Chocobo, but it's still very small for those two. As such, I think it's either Slime or zero Square Enix involvement in SSB4.

- What I meant to say that Mega Man never appeared in a cross-over game with Nintendo before. The fact that Slime has on three occasions helps his chances.

- Travis Touchdown only has Suda 51 involvement and some requests for his inclusion behind him. He is, in comparison to major franchises, very obscure and not a franchise that many gamer knows. Determinations alone is not going to get Travis Touchdown in SSB4.
Sonic Poke said:
What do you think of matthew?
I'm neutral on him. He would do the same thing that Isaac does, and because I'm not picky on Golden Sun characters, I would be indifferent if Matthew was in instead of Isaac, but because of fan demand, it is best that they try to put in Isaac instead.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
If anything I'd like to see Megaman and Quote from Cave story make it into smash 4. They both have appeared on nintendo consoles before and both of there games are very retro (Cave story being a game built to be like the old retro games). Megamans atm the most wanted in the next smash bros and was the 2nd most wanted and i doubt they will remove sonic and snake as that would only end up making them deal with angry hate mail and probably drop the overall sales appeal, adding megaman would make Smash bros the definite way to find out which gaming classic is better.. Also Quotes only appeared within nintendo consoles aside from the original PC and Cave story is getting remake for the 3DS. So if anything the most likely 3rd party characters are Quote and Megaman. Overall i'm just hyped up alot for this especially with the whole connectivity to the WiiU.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

This is a new 3DS game.

Lol this game is kind of joke...that shows how much Square-Enix look down on Nintendo as a kiddie platform makers....once Square became Square-Enix that was the kind of look they had for Nintendo...****ing *******s...

D

Deleted member

kid craft 25/sonic master said:
If anything I'd like to see Megaman and Quote from Cave story make it into smash 4. They both have appeared on nintendo consoles before and both of there games are very retro (Cave story being a game built to be like the old retro games). Megamans atm the most wanted in the next smash bros and was the 2nd most wanted and i doubt they will remove sonic and snake as that would only end up making them deal with angry hate mail and probably drop the overall sales appeal, adding megaman would make Smash bros the definite way to find out which gaming classic is better.. Also Quotes only appeared within nintendo consoles aside from the original PC and Cave story is getting remake for the 3DS. So if anything the most likely 3rd party characters are Quote and Megaman. Overall i'm just hyped up alot for this especially with the whole connectivity to the WiiU.
I agree that Mega Man's chances are great, but the chances of us getting Quote is is next to zero. Many people here may not even know what he is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Every third party character is unlikely until were given substansial evidence that nintendo has interest in adding them to SSB4. For all we know, third parties may not return at all. That's all still up in the air. Sakurai actually thinks that adding a Capcom character would pose a lot of difficulties.

I personally, want to either see new third parties, or none at all. Just having Sonic and Snake move on, alone would be weird to me. They can leave and I would be very happy. I love me some third party characters, but if they were a one time deal I'm equally as happy as if two new ones were confirmed to be in SSB4.

OmegaXXII

I think it's safe to say that we'll at least be getting Sonic since he's had alot to so with Nintendo only even after Brawl was realeased, I can't say much about Snake, that's up to both Sakurai and Kojima to decide, he'll I would be happy with just Sonic and Megaman getting in, though that would be a bit much from Sakurai if indeed he doesn't want to deal with 3rd party's.

Even if it's true, Cloud is still unlikely to appear as a Square rep., heck for all I know we might get Slime considering he has close ties with Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I understand where you're coming from and if given the option to guarantee Ridley's, King K. Rool's, and Ray's inclusion, I would have no problem trading Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man for those three, but I can't really say that those three I've mentioned have exactly poor chances of getting in. People absolutely love third-party character and it would make no economical sense to remove them, especially since given the good relationship Nintendo has with Sega, Konami, Capcom, etc. If anything, I think we'll see four third-party characters, thought I think we'll end up with three.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I'm gonna say this right now, I won't be answering another one of these, I got stuff to do as it is

And what makes adding generic characters in SSB64 so different from now? Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur are all generic characters, yet they are playable in at least one Smash game. There are no rules that said that you must be a generic character to be playable in SSB4. If it was, Yoshi would never be playable and neither would any Pokemon characters get in.

Please not that all of those characters you mentioned are Pokemon.
Pokemon is pretty much the exception cause it's impossible to rep pokemon without breaking the 'no generic characters' "rule".
You can add Pokemon trainers but in the end they use pokemon to fight so like I said it's impossible. But notice how no other series has generic characters, there are no goombas, no hammer bros, no moblins, no metroids, just all star characters, and a character like Toad won't get in, why? because he's a generic character, the only other generic character in smash besides pokemon is Yoshi, but he was included in the very first game, a game Nintendo wasn't even gonna bring to America in the first place, a game where the inclusion of characters weren't important.

Tho it also helps that Yoshi got his own game.
'BUT SO DID SLIME! SO HE CAN BE ADDED'
you're telling me of ALL the characters square can add to represent the company in such an all star roster game like Smash bros, they're gonna pick a limbless generic character? get real, Cloud has a better shot thanks to the new game they just revealed.

- What would Paper Mario take away from Mr. Game & Watch in terms of uniqueness? The fact that he would almost certainly be 2D? And beside, I think this is Paper Mario's best shot yet, with Paper Mario 3DS coming up. Dr. Mario was added in for a fifth slot in Melee, but due to being a clone, he was removed (Since he was planned to be playable in some way or form, they probably had no time to get a character in in place of Dr. Mario). Now that they don't have Dr. Mario to worry about, a fifth rep is pretty much a given and will certainly be considered. Now the question is, who will get that fifth spot? Bowser Jr. is the most likely, but Paper Mario and Toad are more popular in Japan, so I would not be surprise if Sakurai were to listen to Japanese demands and put in Paper Mario if they consider Toad to have no move set potentials (Which I disagree with, although I'm neutral on Toad).
So? Super Paper Mario came out in 2007, development since god knows when and STILL not got into Brawl, why is this paper mario oh so special that makes paper mario now worthy to be in smash bros when super paper mario was well received by everyone? please enlighten me.
And yes the 2d part is what I meant.
Bowser Jr. still has the best chance, if Mario is getting 6 reps when the next one will probably be Geno, I'm calling it right now.

- You forgot a few things which severely hurts Geno's chances in SSB4:

1. He is a very minor character in the Mario series. Geno has only appeared in one game as a playable character and only one unnoticeable cameo later on in 2003. Compare that to Bowser Jr.'s, Paper Mario's, Toad's, and others history. Nintendo first priority will not to get a very minor character in their biggest franchise and I doubt they'll consider Geno this time around.

2. He has lost a ton of support. After the miserable failure that was the Geno's alliance, the support diminished greatly. Geno will never gain the support he once had in the Brawl days again because people recognize that his chances are simply not good. Even if Geno was among the Top Five most requested characters in SSBB, that won't be the case with SSB4.

3. What makes you think Square Enix won't put up a fight? Square Enix has much more important characters they will probably suggest then a minor character who's only major role was in a game fifteen years ago. Fans demands are not high anymore, so Nintendo can't really listen to popularity either.

4. Geno is 100% irrelevant. Before you pull the "Retro" argument, remember that he did appear in a cameo in 2003. This makes him irrelevant, not retro, therefore, hurting his chances. He has made zero appearances in any game since. Square and Nintendo has had plenty of opportunities to get Geno in games and they didn't. It shows that neither companies care about Geno much and I doubt Sakurai will go through the trouble of getting an irrelevant character in SSB4.

Long story short, Geno had his best shot in Brawl and he didn't get in. As such, he will probably not be in SSB4, irregardless of whenever or not he would have the Mario symbol or not. Whereas this is the best chances Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Toad has of getting in a Super Smash Bros. game.Sheik and Ness are not one-shot characters. Sheik appeared in the 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the N64 version considered to be one of the best games of all-time. That game was very significant to gaming history and was revolutionary for it's time. Ness had a GBA version in 2003 of Earthbound. It was Japan-exclusive, but it still counts. The only true example is Lucas and even so, Mother 3 was relevant enough at the time to get Lucas in.
1.- What part of Sakurai saying he likes obscure characters didn't you understand?
also what:
Nintendo first priority will not to get a very minor character in their biggest franchise and I doubt they'll consider Geno this time around.
BUT LET'S ADD TOAD GUYS!!
The thing is Geno was a main character in SM RPG, has a cult following to the point where he reached the Top 5 in Sakurai's poll, and Sakurai showed interest in him.

2.- Until there's another poll we can't be certain, if anything I see the support only growing.

3.- Uhh maybe Because Nintendo LET THEM MAKE 2 MARIO GAMES? why would they put up a fight when Nintendo gave them the keys to it's most iconic franchise THREE TIMES?

4.- Cause I used the retro argument before? please link me to taht cause I've NEVER used the retro argument for Geno, and even if I did, ROB got a cameo in Warioware smooth moves, OH HEY HE GOT IN AS A RETRO CHARACTER, nice argument dude.

The reason I believe he didn't get added is because Brawl was already well into development, and the time to get the rights and such for Geno would have taken too long, and I'm guessing they didn't want to risk more delays because if they would have made his character and his moveset without getting the rights yet, and eventually not getting them would have just been a waste of time and resources, Sakurai has a lot of time to get Geno before he begins development for the game, so his chances are greater now than in brawl's.

also REALLY?
Sheik and Ness are not one-shot characters. Sheik appeared in the 3DS remake of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the N64 version considered to be one of the best games of all-time. That game was very significant to gaming history and was revolutionary for it's time.
YEAH because I'm POSITIVE they were thinking of making a 3DS Ocarina remake in 06 and gave Sakurai the heads up to add her right? Be real dude, she was a one shot character, and being in a REMAKE, not in a NEW GAME doesn't change that, she only appeared once, has only appeared once, and she's still in smash, you're 'one-shot' argument is invalid.

Remakes don't count, if so then so do ports right? HEY MIDNA WAS IN THE GAMECUBE VERSION AND WII VERSION OF TWILIGHT PRINCESS OMG SHE'S NOT A ONE SHOT CHARACTER. Your logic MAKES NO SENSE.

When SSB4 arrives, Midna and Zant will be irrelevant as I doubt they'll be making an appearance in future Zelda games. Besides, not many people care about their inclusion in SSB4, myself included. Ghirahim has a small shot because of being the main villain of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords, but I really doubt he'll get huge fan demands for his inclusion in SSB4. Not a single potential Zelda character has high demands, making the chances of a fifth slot low.- Dixie Kong has been with the series since 1995, appearing as Diddy's partner in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest and as the main character in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. She has since been in quite a few spin-off games and has also appeared in Mario Super Sluggers, which came out after Brawl. She is more relevant then Midna is now.
Because Sheik was still relevant when brawl came out even tho Wind waker and Twilight Princess was out hence why she stayed? yeah ok sure

Not many people? You clearly haven't been around forums.
And yet Midna has a bigger following, had a bigger role and is a more well developed character than Dixie has been in her 15+ years of existence, props to her.

Your 'relevance' logic makes no sense, Shiek makes no relevance right now, Neither did Ness since EB3 was out, and Lucas has no relevance to America since EB3 never came out here to begin with. By your logic Pokemon Trainer from brawl shouldn't have any relevance since how many pokemon games came out after the 1st gen AND THERE HE IS!.

I doubt they have started to alienate King K. Rool yet. He did appear in Mario Superstar Baseball, so he has not been completely forgotten. Also, we shouldn't rule out a future appearance for King K. Rool in DK games. The lack of Kremlings and King K. Rool caused a huge back lash within the DK fan base and I don't think the developer of a possible DKCR2 title won't take adding those two into considerations. I would be very surprised if we never saw King K. Rool in another title again as a result of the back lash of him not appearing. One game is not enough to say that he will be forgotten anytime soon. Also, Diddy Kong did not appear in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Diddy is playable in Brawl, no I don't see your point.
Oh, he was in a sports game, yeah he's REAL RELEVANT.
Look every time someone would ask retro about the kremlins they never gave a clear answer why they didn't use them, so that helps my theory that nintendo doesn't want to rely on Rare created characters for DK.
Nintendo still isn't releasing Xenoblade and the other nintendo titles even after the MEDIA ATTENTION BACKLASH, I doubt they'll consider Kremlins for the DKCR sequel (if it happens) because of how incredibly well the game was received even when the kremlins where nowhere to be seen.

-Facepalm- WHAT I MEAN is that Nintendo doesn't seem to want to rely on Rare's creations for DK's roster or for future games, hence why the Kremlins didn't appear in Jungle beat nor Country returns, actual IMPORTANT games in the DK series, you shouldn't consider sports games as canon.

Personally, I think DK is due for a third playable character in some way or of form as King K. Rool is very highly requested with few oppositions to his inclusion. Popularity isn't everything, as relevance and importance plays a part as well, but it should not be ignored.Good luck with getting 9-Volt in. The problem with 9-Volt is that he has next to no demands to be a playable character. I also find demands for a Wario rep for legitimate reasons to be very low. People want Captain Syrup because she would be a female villain and people want Mona and Ashley because they are females. I absolutely fail to see why Wario is more likely to get a second rep then DK get a third rep. Personally, I am against all Wario characters inclusion with the sole exception of Wario.
Popularity isn't everything right?
Super Smash Bros Fan said:
King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are at least important to their series and somewhat relevant (They are also more popular choices for newcomers)
stop shooting yourself in the foot.
Well don't let your personal bias affect your 'realistic' roster, that's what I'm not doing, I'm looking at the facts and making deductions, you're just going 'Oh GOD I dont want a wario rep over a dk rep so it wont happen im sure!'.

And yes, King K. Rool can bring a lot to the table. He has his Blunderbuss, his helicopter, his crown, and his Rump Waves. He has a lot of potential to be a very unique Smash addition.
Awesome... 4 moves... that's a lot.
A unique smash addition? mainly cause his moveset will look lazy and boring in comparison maybe.

If Dark Samus was playable, he would be a clone of Samus in some way or form.
THIS
THIS IS THE REASON I WON'T BOTHER ANSWERING YOU AGAIN
You clearly know NOTHING and you're just saying bias reasons as you go along, if you'd know ANYTHING of Dark Samus you'd know VERY well how very different these two characters are.

Ridley is the only one likely to be unique that has a chance, actually he's the only one with a good chance of being playable at all.
Metroid deserves more than 2 reps (I don't really consider Zamus a rep tbh)

The only one one with a decent chance of getting in is Takamaru and I don't think we can notice pattern until it has happened three games in a row. Mach Rider, along with Urban Champion and Sukapon was rejected in Melee and as such, will probably never be playable in a Smash game.
True their chances don't look as good as Takamarus but I don't see any other potential retro characters besides them, and I'm beyond positive we'll get 2 retros.

Let me tell you why Victini has a chance:

J-
Stop right there, you don't need to, why? because he's gonna be a pokeball pokemon?
Why?
Mew = Pokeball pokemon = Smash Bros. - Melee - Brawl
Celebi = Pokeball Pokemon = Melee - Brawl
Jirachi = Pokeball pokemon = Brawl
Manaphy = pokeball pokemon = Brawl

What's my point? that Victini, being the new extra pokemon he will likely be a pokeball pokemon? still don't buy it? but you just said:

Takamaru and I don't think we can notice pattern until it has happened three/ games in a row.

COUNT THEM.
That's 3 games in a row where the extra pokemon becomes a pokeball pokemon, if you STILL disagree then you'll previous argument will be invalid and thus there wouldn't be any reason for me to keep answering you because you KEEP contradicting yourself.

GGs, cp?

Most of the support I have seen for Black Shadow is that he can get Ganondorf's move set while Ganondorf gets an unique one. Very few people truly want Black Shadow because he thinks he deserves it. I am not against his inclusion, but I don't think that if Black Shadow gets into the game that his move set potentials will be recognized.
Because Rob and Falcon had a great moveset potential?
If anything when Sakurai has liberty with the moveset they turn out much much better than those with previous game to base their moveset of.

Krystal has not made a game appearance since 2005 whereas Dixie and King K. Rool made an appearance in Mario Superstars Baseball in Summer, 2008. Both are more memorable and more relevant to Nintendo then Krystal. I never said Krystal wasn't important, just that she is very irrelevant to Nintendo now.
Oh yeah, they appeared in A SPORTS GAME!! That's WAY more relevant than appearing in a CANON game!!

By YOUR logic Mach Rider has a good chance appearing, why? Because his bike was obtainable in Mario Kart Wii!

NOW DO YOU SEE HOW THAT LOGIC IS BEYOND STUPID?

Black Knight has relevancy issues and so does Micaich as they have not appeared in a game since February, 2007. Caeda is relevant, having recently appeared in 2010's remak-
REMAKES DON'T COUNT, SHEIK APPEARING IN A REMAKE OF AN 1996 GAME DOESN'T MAKE HER RELEVANT, AND IT'S THE SAME FOR CAEDA

- Refer to my Assist Trophy argument above. Also, Saki has received considerable demand for his inclusion in SSB4 whereas Isa Jo has seen virtually zero. Relevancy keeps Saki from being a shoe-in, but I would say that since Saki looks the closest to a playable character in terms of model and move set potential he shows, I would say that he is the second-most likely character to be upgraded to Assist Trophy status.
stop.contradicting.yourself.

Black Knight isnt relevant cause he wasnt in the latest game (tho a remake) even tho he has popularity
yes saki is relevant because she has popularity but wasnt in the latest game?

just shut up, please, my head hurts

Disagree that being a generic character means anything. And beside, whenever you'll admit it or not, Slime is our best shot as a Square Enix rep. Cloud is hated by many Final Fantasy fans and has only made two cameo appearances on Nintendo consoles, Sora is a creation from Square Enix and Disney, which results in messy licensing issues if they went for him, and other Final Fantasy characters have either no chance at all (Tidus) or extremely little (Any Final Fantasy main protagonists) chances of appearing, with the exceptions of Moogle and Chocobo, but it's still very small for those two. As such, I think it's either Slime or zero Square Enix involvement in SSB4.
Cloud hated by FF fans?
da ****?
Square enix guy: 'Ok we need to think of a character that's popular in the entire world to be added in Smash bros!'
S.E. guy 2: 'OH how about the slime from Dragon quest?!'
S.E. guy: 'GIVE THAT MAN A PROMOTION!'

not gonna happen

- What I meant to say that Mega Man never appeared in a cross-over game with Nintendo before. The fact that Slime has on three occasions helps his chances.
So? so has the black mage, white mage, and so on, being the mascot of a series that is only really liked in Japan while being a generic enemy character ISN'T HELPING HIS CHANCES. And so what if Megaman hasn't been in a crossover game with Nintendo, neither has Snake and hey he's in.

- Travis Touchdown only has Suda 51 involvement and some requests for his inclusion behind him. He is, in comparison to major franchises, very obscure and not a franchise that every gamer knows. Determinations alone is not going to get Travis Touchdown in SSB4.
Yes he's obscure, yes he isn't as popular as other 3rd parties, but his creator is the ballsiest around, and he's got Kojima, Sakurai's friend, to back him up.

Hell maybe Sakurai and Suda are friends, if so then it's a done deal

not answering this again, just a head up

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not saying that people don't like third parties, but that isn't even realivant. What you need to understand is that we don't know if 3rd parties are garunteed to return, it could have been a one time deal. Lastly, it doesn't matter how much people love third party fans if it's just not in Nintendo's cards. We can cry for Megaman all day, but it won't mean a thing if he isn't even an option. I think we just need to take a step back and look at the possability that Sakurai may not want to do the third party thing again. In soul Caliber, no third party characters ever return. It's a one shot deal. I don't think Kratos will return in MK10. Just remember they are guests.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HURM, you've got a point there. Guest characters returning IS rather unheard of...

I'm sure whether or not Snake or Sonic are returning will be some of the first details released.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Every third party character is unlikely until were given substansial evidence that nintendo has interest in adding them to SSB4. For all we know, third parties may not return at all. That's all still up in the air. Sakurai actually thinks that adding a Capcom character would pose a lot of difficulties.

I personally, want to either see new third parties, or none at all. Just having Sonic and Snake move on, alone would be weird to me. They can leave and I would be very happy. I love me some third party characters, but if they were a one time deal I'm equally as happy as if two new ones were confirmed to be in SSB4.
This^^^^

so true....

D

Deleted member

@Stryks: Since you don't want to carry on, I'll leave it as this:

Nothing that you said has changed my thoughts about the likelihood of a character getting in. Likewise, nothing that I said has changed your thoughts of thinking as well in regards to characters getting in. That is fine, and I respect your opinion. The only thing we can do now is agree to disagree on the situation of the characters since I see neither of us getting anywhere with this. Also, apology with upsetting you, I had no intentions of doing that.
Oasis_S said:
I'm sure whether or not Snake or Sonic are returning will be some of the first details released.
I hope this is the case. We should not be left in the dark until SSB4's Japanese release and then figure out that we get no third-party characters. Imagine the outrage that would occur if that happened. At least if it was confirmed first-hand that no third-party characters would be in SSB4 that we would be able to set our expectations accordingly and would leave a lot of people less bitter about the situations.

OmegaXXII

For all we know we might only get "Nintendo All-Stars" as it was meant to be.

But I still want Megaman and Sonic at least. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom