• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wouldn't mind Cloud, but i'd still prefer Cecil, Kain or Rydia(oooh i can think of a moveset for Rydia SO easily!). That's just me tho...

I prefer Cecil but if there were an SE rep, it's Slime.

The chance of FF protagonists from the main saga is 0.000000001%. I mean, none of them are the mascot of the Final Fantasy. (Unfortunately )=)

Oh man, everyone logged out :(

Mmmm.... Wow. The thread seems inactive right now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why is Little Mac uncertain to you? He's among the most likely Nintendo newcomers.
I just don't have a definite answer at the moment.

NOT TO MENTION THE MOST COMMON REASON YOU SEE FOR WALUIGI GETTING IN IS "Well, we got Mario, Luigi, and Wario, so why not Waluigi? lol."

Okay I'm done.
Mario, Luigi, and Wario have had their own mainstream adventures, which is something that Waluigi never got. Oddly, Waluigi is one of the most frequently used spin-off exclusives in the Mario Universe.

I don't know. Maybe it's because Waluigi is the partner of Wario. Just like Daisy being the partner of Peach. Both Waluigi and Diasy are spin off characters.

No character is certain no matter how logical or obvious it is.

D

Deleted member

@Stryks: I would like to see a response to this.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Like it even matters. Give up on the hate thing, because if Waluigi, proved anything, it's "hated" characters can get in, even if they are more hated than liked. Which Lyn isn't. I hate the hate arguement.
I believe those rules Sakurai mentioned are for playable characters, not for Assist Trophy/Trophy/Stickers. Waluigi will probably never be playable in SSB4 and I believe the hatred for him contributes to it.
ssbowns said:
Also why do people say Sonic and Megaman are the only worthwhile 3rd party characters. I agree if look at Nintendo consoles' histories (Sonic being the main and only rival), well Bomberman was really important during Nintendo's early years and still is so I'd make him another candidate. Not as important as Sonic but not as unimportant as Snake.
There are other good third-party choices, but none of them can go so far as to be called deserving as Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man are.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You already got a reply but if we get X then there are atleast 50 possible special moves.

As for MvC3. It really is wierd Zero AND Tron Bonne got in so Megaman would be been great 3rd. Maybe Capcom just plans to make money from Megaman DLC (a character many would pay $5 for)
If that was the case, we would've gotten Megaman as DLC by now unless, of course, there's a Super MvC3 in the works.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Capcom must be savng Megaman for SSB4 so he can take MK's place on the tier list :awesome:

Funny thing is I wouldn't care if a character like Megaman dominated like that. LOL

D

Deleted member

Capcom must be savng Megaman for SSB4 so he can take MK's place on the tier list :awesome:

Funny thing is I wouldn't care if a character like Megaman dominated like that. LOL
I won't lie, that would be awesome.

D

Deleted member

I would like Megaman in Smash if it were the Megaman from Network Transmission.

At least he would have a unique playstyle(sword, bomb, blaster).

iFaZe

Smash Rookie
I'd love for WaLuigi to make it in. The only character I'd like to see in at the moment is if they replace Ike with another Fire Emblem character, I'd like for it to be a female character, mainly Marisa from the Sacred Stones.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Dang son!

Do you know how controversial and popular Megaman would be!!

That would be awesome tbh, lol, I can see the Broomers getting mad and wanting to Ban Megaman from tourneys and all the newbies getting all upset, alot of lulz :awesome:

:phone:

OmegaXXII

..Which wouldn't be good at all for Megaman mainers, but the fact that newbies would want to spam him due to him being cool would definetly ruin it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
There are other good third-party choices, but none of them can go so far as to be called deserving as Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man are.
Not trying to start an argument but this is an extremely biased statement. Also minus the massive fanbase bomberman has the same résumé as mega man as one example. And any friend of sakurai in the game business with a favorite character deserves to be in as much as snake IMO.
Just food for thought

nLim8d knows what he's talking about. Listen to him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Part of me hopes Ridley will be the new G-dorf so I won't feel bad about playing as him~ :3

My bud really wanted Meta Knight in a Smash game, so he was very happy when Meta Knight was one of the first revealed for Brawl, BUT HE WAS NOT HAPPY WHEN IT BECAME CLEAR THAT PLAYING AS META KNIGHT IS JUST DUMB.

EDIT: Catalogue sounds great. I love me some categorized data. Oh yes.

OmegaXXII

Not trying to start an argument but this is an extremely biased statement. Also minus the massive fanbase bomberman has the same résumé as mega man as one example. And any friend of sakurai in the game business with a favorite character deserves to be in as much as snake IMO.
Just food for thought

nLim8d knows what he's talking about. Listen to him.

But think about it, which other character is popular and demanded aside from those three(3)?

TBH, Snake was already popular with the Playstation community and the fact the Kojima wanted him in, just got him in.

But I do agree, any 3rd party could possibly be considered IF they have a good relation with Sakurai, even if the character isn't exactly popular or demanded for that matter.

OmegaXXII

Idk what's going on anymore LOL
This thread has fallen of, but I'm not worried though, once we get a trailer, this thread is going to explode!!

@niMb8d: Ill try to think of something with somebody in order to compose a catalouge of some sorts, intersting idea you have there.

Custom Music FTW!!

D

Deleted member

disfunkshunal said:
Just food for thought
Bomberman does not have a resume as good as Mega Man. To this day, Mega Man is highly relevant in the gaming industry while Bomberman relevancy has gone down a lot, especially with the fact that Hudson no longer makes retail games and being completely relegated to handheld games. Mega Man is also more well known then Bomberman. Just compare the sales of the two series and you'll see what I mean. There's also the fact that Bomberman is owned by Konami now and we have no idea whenever or not Sakurai will allow more then one third-party character from the same company and if not, I highly doubt they'll switch Snake with Bomberman, especially considering that Snake is more well known then Bomberman.

There are many people who were outraged with Mega Man Universe's cancellation and Mega Man's exclusion from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and it continues to this date. The outrage over a lack of Bomberman 3DS lasted for a few weeks and then sizzled off. Don't get me wrong, Bomberman would be great for SSB4, but I really doubt he'll be getting even the fourth slot.

Also, I don't think being a friend of Sakurai means your third-party character deserves to be in. If someone is a friend of Sakurai, works in the gaming industry, and said his favorite character is Gex, does that mean he deserves to be in?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess Mega Man never had to go through an "edgy, realistic" phase.

This reminds me that I loved Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman! when I was little...

Oh, here's an idea. In case anyone missed it, for the 3DS Star Fox the cameras will record your face and use it as a sort of avatar. "See their reaction!" blah blah. Maybe the WiiU controller could do that and replace the picture by the damage percentages with your face? I dunno why I'd even suggest that though since I'd always turn it off, lol. :V

...Does the WiiU controller have a port for a headset?

OmegaXXII

Bomberman does not have a resume as good as Mega Man. To this day, Mega Man is highly relevant in the gaming industry while Bomberman relevancy has gone down a lot, especially with the fact that Hudson no longer makes retail games and being completely relegated to handheld games. Mega Man is also more well known then Bomberman. Just compare the sales of the two series and you'll see what I mean. There's also the fact that Bomberman is owned by Konami now and we have no idea whenever or not Sakurai will allow more then one third-party character from the same company and if not, I highly doubt they'll switch Snake with Bomberman, especially considering that Snake is more well known then Bomberman.

There are many people who were outraged with Mega Man Universe's cancellation and Mega Man's exclusion from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and it continues to this date. The outrage over a lack of Bomberman 3DS lasted for a few weeks and then sizzled off. Don't get me wrong, Bomberman would be great for SSB4, but I really doubt he'll be getting even the fourth slot.

Also, I don't think being a friend of Sakurai means your third-party character deserves to be in. If someone is a friend of Sakurai, works in the gaming industry, and said his favorite character is Gex, does that mean he deserves to be in?
Agreed to the max!

Bomberman really isnt AS deserving as any of those three(3), hell, I can't even think of another 3rd character being as highly demanded as Megaman, even if they are popular.

..and don't say Geno, his chances have died down.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Bomberman does not have a resume as good as Mega Man. To this day, Mega Man is highly relevant in the gaming industry while Bomberman relevancy has gone down a lot, especially with the fact that Hudson no longer makes retail games and being completely relegated to handheld games.With infuane's departure megaman has also gone down in relevancy also show me the latest megaman that came out on q disk for a home console excluding remakes. Unless I missed it the last game like that was in 06. Both series started doing download games for the home consoles and handhelds. Mega Man is also more well known then Bomberman. Just compare the sales of the two series and you'll see what I mean.-_- I said he was more popular. There's also the fact that Bomberman is owned by Konami now and we have no idea whenever or not Sakurai will allow more then one third-party character from the same company and if not, I highly doubt they'll switch Snake with Bomberman, especially considering that Snake is more well known then Bomberman.
I would put money on it that bomberman was more well known than snake. And I wasnt saying that bonberman should get in over snake I was just saying there are other characters that you should consider with an open mind. If its anything I can take from this thread is that you have narrow minded fanboy mentality regarding mega man (no offense)
There are many people who were outraged with Mega Man Universe's cancellation and Mega Man's exclusion from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds and it continues to this date. The outrage over a lack of Bomberman 3DS lasted for a few weeks and then sizzled off.can I have a source for that? Also it wouldn't take a genius to know that a game that had a trailer and iirc at one point a release sate would have greater negative whiplash than a game that had none of that when it was allegedly cancelled Don't get me wrong, Bomberman would be great for SSB4, but I really doubt he'll be getting even the fourth slot.
This is what I mean, what fourth slot. You ate so sure mega man will get but show me where sakurai says this. Show me where he says sonic and snake are returning. Show me where he says he will add any more third parties for that matter. I know you support those 3 but to continually say they are guaranteed even over nontendo's own characters is too far.
Your absolutely right which is why snake doesn't deserve to be in. Do I like him? Yes. Will I miss him if he was cut? Yes. Does he deserve to be in? No

Edit: I said I wasn't trying to start an argument fir a reason -_-. Give me to Friday night (2-3:00) and I'll post an essay of why bomberman should be considered in the same league as your golden 3 as well as a moveset following kuma's example as well as a stage and music selection following star's example. On an actual computer and not my iPod

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can't support a character with a support sig that sparkly.

Has it already been discussed how Zoroark's illusion ability could work in Smash? That'd be great if he was the Shang Tsung of Smash.

OmegaXXII

Zoroark can transform? Well if if were to be like that then I'm sorry but Victini would have to do it for me, no johns!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
It would be nice the ability of illusion of Zoroark

Have you noticed that the only character that changed his moveset in all games was Link? What do you think of this?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To makes Zoroark's illusion ability like the games, I suppose if you held a button on the select screen you'd appear as a (random) different character at the start of the match. Maybe it would only last for a certain amount of time/until you took a certain amount of damage? Anyway, during a match, you could press down special to initiate the illusion. This would have some invincibility frames on it, so you could just NOT transform to fake out your opponents. Pressing different directions (or different buttons?) would change which (RANDOM) character you'd transform into. If it is a 1v1, then one transformation would always be your opponent, with two random other transformations. If it was a 4-player free for all, then all three of your transformations would be of other players in the match. This is because those players' characters are already loaded into the memory. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE...?

That was much too much.

D

Deleted member

@disfunkshunal: Considering that you do not wish to start an argument, I will drop it, although I will say that I still disagree that Bomberman should be put in the same league as Sonic, Snake, or Mega Man.

@OmegaXVII: If Lucario is any intention, regardless of types, they'll probably give Zoroark mainly Psychic moves like they did with Lucario. I liked Lucario in Brawl, but I was hoping that they would stay true to what Lucario was. That's another reason why I can't bring myself to support Zoroark, I doubt they would emphasize on the moves he's capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom