• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Guys I just came back from cinema from one of the worst movies in my life period.... Transformers 3 was a sack of balls....and don't get me started on the needless 3D gimmick my eyes are strained the only good thing was Optimus Prime man.... (sorry for being off-topic but I love to complain to my friends and you guys I consider you friends to a certain extent xD).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If Zoroark got mainly Psychic moves, he would get all of Extrasensory... I think you mean Dark?

:phone:

Stryks

Smash Hero
My response to Super smash bros. fan, I wanna thank Oasis to pointing me to it, long read up ahead:

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
Super Mario: I agree that Bowser Jr.'s chances are good, but why would he put Geno above Toad and Paper Mario? Both are far, far, far more likely then Geno by a long shot and unlike Geno, are actually relevant and they are far more important to the Mario series then Geno is. Geno's chances are very low at best, I find it sad he thinks what he said is enough to make Geno have a good shot. He's also misinformed by the fact that Geno is a third-party character, NOT a Nintendo character
Because Toad is a generic character, it wouldn't be as different as adding Waddle Dee for a Kirby rep, both characters are generic characters that ALREADY appear in brawl as part of another character's moveset, yes you can say what you want about Yoshi being generic but he was added from the get go to a game that Sakurai thought wasn't even gonna get imported, so back them character inclusion wasn't a big deal.

I strongly believe Paper Mario won't be added because he'll take away what makes G&W so special, the one trait that makes G&W stand out from the other cast. And think about it, Paper Mario has been around since the 64, I think that is Sakurai where to add him he would have done so by now.

Yes, Geno has been around since the SNES, but it was only until the latest game that Sakurai realized he a VERY liked character, since he appeared in the top 5 most wanted characters in his poll. Much so that he even got Sakurai attention and started asking about the character, I believe that he wasn't added cause they didn't have time to talk with S.E. about his inclusion, and think about it, Nintendo has let S.E. make 2 crappy sports games with FF characters in them, I'm positive S.E. won't put up a fight in order to give Geno's rights, not to mention that he can be added to the Mario universe and not get his own symbol, thus not considered 3rd party. I am aware that there are many hurdles to jump to get Geno, but the fact that Sakurai said he likes obscure characters also helps his chances.

Then again I don't see Mario getting 2 more reps, so Bowser Jr. is still the likeliest.

The Legend of Zelda: None of his candidates have a good shot of getting into SSB4. Midna was a one-shot, Zant was a one-shot, and Ghirahim will probably be a one-shot. There are no likely Zelda reps left. Even Tingle and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, the two most likely Zelda candidates, don't have a good shot.
Being 'one-shot' characters shouldn't hurt their chances, want proof? Sheik, Lucas, Ness, these 3 characters are 'one-shot' characters and they're still in right? Fact is that Midna has a huge fanbase, to the point of Aonuma being asked and considering her return in a future game. Just because they appeared in one game doesn't automatically count them out, especially if the character is from a huge series like Zelda. I only mentioned Zant cause he's the next likeliest choice after Midna, BUT it could be that Ghirahim gets a huge fanbase or something and gets added over both characters because he's more recent.

I'm positive Tingle won't be added, he has had two shots in getting in playable, but instead he was added as a worthless AT in brawl, in the lines of goldeen, and like I've said, I believe AT characters are for those characters that are popular but that they don't have enough popularity or can't bring enough to the table to warrant a slot in the roster.

Besides, do you really want to see ANOTHER Zelda/Sheik or Tingle rather than a more unique character like Midna?

Donkey Kong: I can understand that King K. Rool and Dixie may have relevancy issue but I find it shocking that he would consider a third DK rep unlikely and yet thinks that Midna and Zant are more likely then those two, who clearly are more irrelevant then King K. Rool and Dixie in relevance, importance, and popularity.

His other argument for why he thinks King K. Rool will never be in SSB also sucks. If they've wanted to so much distance from Rare, why has King K. Rool continue to make appearances on Nintendo consoles and handhelds after Rare left? Nintendo has clearly made no serious effort to keep King K. Rool out of future DK games, if they did, King K. Rool would have never been on another Nintendo game after 2001.

I'm sorry but there's no way Dixie has more popularity than Midna, there's just no way.
Maybe K. Rool, but like I said in my blog, the fact is that it seems like Nintendo is starting to apart themselves from Rare's creations as much as possible, considering they went trough the trouble in brand new enemies, generic and boss alike, for the new game, when they could have just bring back the old ones and save a lot of trouble.

They only started recently to alienate K. Rool and the kremlins since the new DKCR game came out, like I said, they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just adding kremlins, but they didn't, so I figured because of that they don't want to have to rely on Rare's creations for DK enemies (or reps). I could be thinking about this way too much but that's how I see it, but if that's not the case then K. Rool will likely be the next rep then.

The DK series may be popular but I don't think it's worthy of 3 slots, sure neither is Star Fox but only Sakurai can figure out what Sakurai is thinking. Whether I'm right or wrong about the 3 slots thing, I still believe Dixie will be the likeliest character, but if I'm wrong about the K. Rool thing then K. Rool has a better shot, but I don't see it happening.

Also K. Rool didn't appear in Jungle Beat either, see my point?

Wario: I will never understand why people think a second Wario rep stands a good chance. Support for a Wario rep has died down after Brawl and I do not see many support for 9-Volt. Most of the supports left are going to Mona and Ashley and they barely exist outside of GameFAQs. DK will get a third rep before Wario gets another character in. I don't imagine us getting a second Wario rep until SSB5 and even then, maybe not at all. The only one that stands a chance of getting in SSB4 is Kat & Ana and it's not a large one.
Support for a Wario rep has died down after Brawl
Da ****? And DK's hasn't?

Anyway let me put it clear, the warioware series has 6 games total, and has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide, whether you believe it or not the series is a success, and getting a 2nd rep isn't all that impossible. And again Sakurai said he likes the obscure, and not only is 9-volt obscure, but he can bring a LOT more to the table than Mona or Ashley, mainly his love for Nintendo can make an incredibly fun moveset, using the zapper, powerglove, and so on.

DK getting a 3rd rep? unlikely, Wario getting a 2nd rep? more likely.
The DK series is popular and succesful but there's not much the characters from that series can bring to the table, yet 9-volt from Wario has nearly an unlimited ammount of stuff he can use because he's a nintendo fanboy, him pulling out weapons from other characters to fight isn't impossible.

Metroid: Definitely agree that Ridley will probably get in, although I think Metroid only needs two reps and that a third one is not needed.
yet DK has enough variety for 3 reps? da **** man

Kid Icarus: I'll give him this as I see a third rep as a decent likelihood.
I don't see KI getting 2 more reps, but Sakurai is working on the latest game so that really helps KIs chances.

Retro: I agree with Takamaru, but he is the only likely rep for retro characters. I highly doubt we'll get a second retro rep this time around, two games is not enough to form a pattern. Mach Rider and Balloon Figher were dropped in Melee, which very much hinders their chances, especially since they lack move set potentials.
Maybe it's not enough to form a pattern, but I'm positive we'll get 2 more retro characters, and Mach Rider got his look updated in melee, and considering there aren't that many retro characters to choose from, MR is a likely bet, and lack of moveset? I can make a moveset on the fly for MR but it would take me days to make one for K. Rool.

Being a retro character opens a lot of possibilities for a moveset, Sakurai can make anything work, look at pit and ROB's moveset, they turned out amazingly, because Sakurai isn't restricted to what the character has done in previous games (since he only rode a motorcycle) he can add a chain, a gun, powerful moves ala falcon punch and so on.

And that really didn't stop captain falcon from being hindered at a possible moveset was he?

Pokemon: Why wasn't Victini considered? He is equally as likely as Zoroark and to dismiss Victini is silly, especially since Victini would also fit as an legendary. Genesect's chances are far from realistic as he probably won't be relevant enough for SSB4. If we get a legendary, it will be Victini. He's also forgetting the possibility of Lucario returning (It is NOT a given that he'll be replaced, remember that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl but was dropped due to time constraint) to keep his slot, Mewtwo returning, and a first gen Pokemon rep. I agree that Zoroark stands a good chance (Even if I'm against his inclusion), but the fact that he considered Genesect as a likely candidate and not Victini cause the argument to fall flat on his face.
mew = 1st gen
celebi = 2nd gen
Jirachi = 3rd gen
Manaphy = 4th gen
victini = 5th gen

What do they all have in common? they're legendaries that have never gotten a playable role in smash, and I don't see what makes victini so special that will make him playable while mew, a character that can learn EVERY attack in the history of every only gets pokeball treatment.
Every one of those have become nothing but a pokeball pokemon, believing Victini will get a special treatment over the rest is just fooling yourself.

MAYBE Lucario will return, but because Zoroark is so similar to Lucario it's a possibility, and one that has been agreed on by many, that Zoroark will replace Lucario. Sure maybe both will stay but I personally don't see it likely.

Saying Genesect isn't relevant enough for SSB4 is dumb, he hasn't been acknowledge yet and if my friend Oasis is to believe, it won't be years until he is officially, maybe around the time Smash 4 is released? And again Genesect is like the mewtwo of this generation so it's likely it'll happen, likelier than victini that, if the past 3 games have shown anything, is that he'll be a pokeball pokemon.

F-zero: Samurai Goroh is more likely then Black Shadow since Samurai Goroh would be less likely to clone, has higher fan demands, and is more well known then Black Shadow, not to mention has appeared in the series from the start. The second rep will probably go to Samurai Goroh if we get one.
I think we'll get Black Shadow cause he's more obscure (something Sakurai likes) and can bring more to the table than another swordsman, you say that B.S. could turn out a clone, and if so what's to say Goroh won't be a clone of Takamaru, or the other way around? Having two samurais is stretching, and you can only do so much for a swordsmen moveset before they all look the same. Black Shadow can bring more to the table, is Falcon's eternal enemy, and we need more villains to begin with.

I understand Goroh is popular an everything, but he's already an AT, and like I've said before, those that are AT are characters that either need that extra popularity boost or can't bring enough to the table for a spot on the roster.

Star Fox: Star Fox is not nearly as big as Donkey Kong. I can see Krystal getting in, but she is in no way more likely then a third DK rep. King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are at least important to their series and somewhat relevant (They are also more popular choices for newcomers). By today's standards, Krystal may have high demands, but she has a hate fan base in Japan and that she suffers major relevancy issues. If Star Fox is big enough for four characters, then why not Metroid and DK, both of which are much bigger then Star Fox?
Yet Star Fox has 3 reps in brawl while DK has two, funny how that works
I'm sorry WHAT? You're saying like Krystal isn't important to the SF series, which she was in adventures and command and somewhat in Assault, how is Dixie imporant to the series? she was just a partner character with no real background, personality or anything. K. Rool was important to the series but I already gave my reasons why I think he won't be in.

Like I said I don't see it likely that'll SF will get 4 reps, but if it does it'll be Krystal for sure.

Fire Emblem: Black Knight and Micaiah may have relevancy issues. I'm very surprised Caeda wasn't considered, since she's more relevant then either of these two.
Like I said in my blog, I know squat about FE, BUT I believe like many others that BK will be playable, he's the only villain to appear twice in the series and being playable to boot, plus he's Ike's enemy, that makes his chances even higher. Micaiah was the main character in the latest game, hence why I think that gives her a better chance over Caeda, who I've never heard in my life, if you wanna explain why Caeda has a better chance go ahead, but I doubt it'll beat Black Knight's chances.

Earthbound: Does not need three reps and will probably not get three. I'm shocked that he considers Claus more likely then a DK rep.
Lmao shocked? dude youre taking this too seriously, I don't see EB getting another rep either, but if it does it'll be Claus, tho I'll admit I should have added a NONE image as well.

Other: Isaac has appeared in all three games and is a lot more demanded then Matthew. Isaac's chances are much stronger then Matthew's, who has only appeared in one game. Also, where's Saki and Starfy? Both have good chances of getting in, are more heavily demanded then Ray, and are at least somewhat relevant (Saki's appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy helps). If we get three new non-retro franchises, it'll probably be Little Mac, Isaac, and one of Saki and Starfy.
Yes Isaac appeared in all 3 games, but he's older in the latest one, he passed the torch to his son per say. So if they're gonna add one or the other, it'll be the protagonist of the latest game, besides but characters look identical, what's the big deal?

Saki will probably not be added, and even if S&P gets a rep, it'll probably be the characters from the latest game, said game that was available outside of Japan (so was the original but only by wii shop) tho S&P didn't do so well so I really doubt we'll get a rep for them.

Starfy didn't do so well here in America and it did less in Japan, I don't think he'll be playable because, like I said, he got AT status (I've already explained this 3 times, look it up above).

I agree Little Mac is a shoe in thanks to the latest game, but I still think Matthew will be added and idk about the next one, I'm still leaning towards Ray 01, cause of a more unique moveset but it could be Starfy, idk.

3rd Party: Slime is more then just a generic enemy. As he said, Slime is the mascot of Dragon Quest. Slime has also had three games to a spin-off in the Rocket Slime series (The latter of which will be on the 3DS), and unlike Mega Man, Travis Touchdown, or Ryu Hayabusa, has appeared in cross-over games. Granted his chances are that great, but let's be honest here, it beats out Travis Touchdown's chances, who isn't really even iconic yet (His only chance is that Suda 51 wants him in). The only one that has a good chance is Mega Man and I find it utterly ridiculous that he thinks Travis Touchdown will probably get in.
Slime is a generic character, I don't care if he has his own spin off games, he's still a generic character. It won't happen, if Square is gonna add one of their characters it'll be from FF or Sora from KH, when these 2 series have been far more successful in and outside of Japan, while DQ is mostly a japan game.

Because Megaman has never appeared in crossover games? ok lol

Megaman is the likeliest 3rd party, but I still think Travis has a good chance JUST because of his creator, like I said: Suda is friends with Kojima, whose friends with Sakurai, chances are it'll happen, I think it's likely, and I'll cross my fingers, but if it doesn't happen it'll because Nintendo said no, not because Suda didn't try that's for sure, and that alone makes me respect the dude for his fantastic games and for his ballsyness.

have fun reading this

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I uh... I have plenty of friends that are Zoroarks. In fact I invited one to my house just the other day for dinner.

Although that probably makes me sound more like a furry or something.
That doesn't mean that the joke wasn't still horrible. I wasn't even looking at race point of view. It was just bad. LOL

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have my doubts about the console and games. The lack of GC compatibilty means that EVERY supported controller would be wireless.

Using a 3ds as a controller won't help either.

In tournament settings, there would be wireless interference out the ***.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
@OmegaXVII: If Lucario is any intention, regardless of types, they'll probably give Zoroark mainly Psychic moves like they did with Lucario. I liked Lucario in Brawl, but I was hoping that they would stay true to what Lucario was. That's another reason why I can't bring myself to support Zoroark, I doubt they would emphasize on the moves he's capable of.
But...Lucario didn't HAVE any psychic moves. Aura Sphere's a fighting move, and so is Force Palm. Zoroark's only got one Psychic move, and it's extrasensory, on top of Illusion, he'd most likely have a bunch of Dark type moves, since, well, he/she/it is a Dark type.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
My response to Super smash bros. fan, I wanna thank Oasis to pointing me to it, long read up ahead:

Because Toad is a generic character, it wouldn't be as different as adding Waddle Dee for a Kirby rep, both characters are generic characters that ALREADY appear in brawl as part of another character's moveset, yes you can say what you want about Yoshi being generic but he was added from the get go to a game that Sakurai thought wasn't even gonna get imported, so back them character inclusion wasn't a big deal.

I strongly believe Paper Mario won't be added because he'll take away what makes G&W so special, the one trait that makes G&W stand out from the other cast. And think about it, Paper Mario has been around since the 64, I think that is Sakurai where to add him he would have done so by now.

Yes, Geno has been around since the SNES, but it was only until the latest game that Sakurai realized he a VERY liked character, since he appeared in the top 5 most wanted characters in his poll. Much so that he even got Sakurai attention and started asking about the character, I believe that he wasn't added cause they didn't have time to talk with S.E. about his inclusion, and think about it, Nintendo has let S.E. make 2 crappy sports games with FF characters in them, I'm positive S.E. won't put up a fight in order to give Geno's rights, not to mention that he can be added to the Mario universe and not get his own symbol, thus not considered 3rd party. I am aware that there are many hurdles to jump to get Geno, but the fact that Sakurai said he likes obscure characters also helps his chances.

Then again I don't see Mario getting 2 more reps, so Bowser Jr. is still the likeliest.

Being 'one-shot' characters shouldn't hurt their chances, want proof? Sheik, Lucas, Ness, these 3 characters are 'one-shot' characters and they're still in right? Fact is that Midna has a huge fanbase, to the point of Aonuma being asked and considering her return in a future game. Just because they appeared in one game doesn't automatically count them out, especially if the character is from a huge series like Zelda. I only mentioned Zant cause he's the next likeliest choice after Midna, BUT it could be that Ghirahim gets a huge fanbase or something and gets added over both characters because he's more recent.

I'm positive Tingle won't be added, he has had two shots in getting in playable, but instead he was added as a worthless AT in brawl, in the lines of goldeen, and like I've said, I believe AT characters are for those characters that are popular but that they don't have enough popularity or can't bring enough to the table to warrant a slot in the roster.

Besides, do you really want to see ANOTHER Zelda/Sheik or Tingle rather than a more unique character like Midna?

I'm sorry but there's no way Dixie has more popularity than Midna, there's just no way.
Maybe K. Rool, but like I said in my blog, the fact is that it seems like Nintendo is starting to apart themselves from Rare's creations as much as possible, considering they went trough the trouble in brand new enemies, generic and boss alike, for the new game, when they could have just bring back the old ones and save a lot of trouble.

They only started recently to alienate K. Rool and the kremlins since the new DKCR game came out, like I said, they could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by just adding kremlins, but they didn't, so I figured because of that they don't want to have to rely on Rare's creations for DK enemies (or reps). I could be thinking about this way too much but that's how I see it, but if that's not the case then K. Rool will likely be the next rep then.

The DK series may be popular but I don't think it's worthy of 3 slots, sure neither is Star Fox but only Sakurai can figure out what Sakurai is thinking. Whether I'm right or wrong about the 3 slots thing, I still believe Dixie will be the likeliest character, but if I'm wrong about the K. Rool thing then K. Rool has a better shot, but I don't see it happening.

Also K. Rool didn't appear in Jungle Beat either, see my point?

Da ****? And DK's hasn't?

Anyway let me put it clear, the warioware series has 6 games total, and has sold more than 7 million copies worldwide, whether you believe it or not the series is a success, and getting a 2nd rep isn't all that impossible. And again Sakurai said he likes the obscure, and not only is 9-volt obscure, but he can bring a LOT more to the table than Mona or Ashley, mainly his love for Nintendo can make an incredibly fun moveset, using the zapper, powerglove, and so on.

DK getting a 3rd rep? unlikely, Wario getting a 2nd rep? more likely.
The DK series is popular and succesful but there's not much the characters from that series can bring to the table, yet 9-volt from Wario has nearly an unlimited ammount of stuff he can use because he's a nintendo fanboy, him pulling out weapons from other characters to fight isn't impossible.

yet DK has enough variety for 3 reps? da **** man

I don't see KI getting 2 more reps, but Sakurai is working on the latest game so that really helps KIs chances.

Maybe it's not enough to form a pattern, but I'm positive we'll get 2 more retro characters, and Mach Rider got his look updated in melee, and considering there aren't that many retro characters to choose from, MR is a likely bet, and lack of moveset? I can make a moveset on the fly for MR but it would take me days to make one for K. Rool.

Being a retro character opens a lot of possibilities for a moveset, Sakurai can make anything work, look at pit and ROB's moveset, they turned out amazingly, because Sakurai isn't restricted to what the character has done in previous games (since he only rode a motorcycle) he can add a chain, a gun, powerful moves ala falcon punch and so on.

And that really didn't stop captain falcon from being hindered at a possible moveset was he?

mew = 1st gen
celebi = 2nd gen
Jirachi = 3rd gen
Manaphy = 4th gen
victini = 5th gen

What do they all have in common? they're legendaries that have never gotten a playable role in smash, and I don't see what makes victini so special that will make him playable while mew, a character that can learn EVERY attack in the history of every only gets pokeball treatment.
Every one of those have become nothing but a pokeball pokemon, believing Victini will get a special treatment over the rest is just fooling yourself.

MAYBE Lucario will return, but because Zoroark is so similar to Lucario it's a possibility, and one that has been agreed on by many, that Zoroark will replace Lucario. Sure maybe both will stay but I personally don't see it likely.

Saying Genesect isn't relevant enough for SSB4 is dumb, he hasn't been acknowledge yet and if my friend Oasis is to believe, it won't be years until he is officially, maybe around the time Smash 4 is released? And again Genesect is like the mewtwo of this generation so it's likely it'll happen, likelier than victini that, if the past 3 games have shown anything, is that he'll be a pokeball pokemon.

I think we'll get Black Shadow cause he's more obscure (something Sakurai likes) and can bring more to the table than another swordsman, you say that B.S. could turn out a clone, and if so what's to say Goroh won't be a clone of Takamaru, or the other way around? Having two samurais is stretching, and you can only do so much for a swordsmen moveset before they all look the same. Black Shadow can bring more to the table, is Falcon's eternal enemy, and we need more villains to begin with.

I understand Goroh is popular an everything, but he's already an AT, and like I've said before, those that are AT are characters that either need that extra popularity boost or can't bring enough to the table for a spot on the roster.

Yet Star Fox has 3 reps in brawl while DK has two, funny how that works
I'm sorry WHAT? You're saying like Krystal isn't important to the SF series, which she was in adventures and command and somewhat in Assault, how is Dixie imporant to the series? she was just a partner character with no real background, personality or anything. K. Rool was important to the series but I already gave my reasons why I think he won't be in.

Like I said I don't see it likely that'll SF will get 4 reps, but if it does it'll be Krystal for sure.

Like I said in my blog, I know squat about FE, BUT I believe like many others that BK will be playable, he's the only villain to appear twice in the series and being playable to boot, plus he's Ike's enemy, that makes his chances even higher. Micaiah was the main character in the latest game, hence why I think that gives her a better chance over Caeda, who I've never heard in my life, if you wanna explain why Caeda has a better chance go ahead, but I doubt it'll beat Black Knight's chances.

Lmao shocked? dude youre taking this too seriously, I don't see EB getting another rep either, but if it does it'll be Claus, tho I'll admit I should have added a NONE image as well.

Yes Isaac appeared in all 3 games, but he's older in the latest one, he passed the torch to his son per say. So if they're gonna add one or the other, it'll be the protagonist of the latest game, besides but characters look identical, what's the big deal?

Saki will probably not be added, and even if S&P gets a rep, it'll probably be the characters from the latest game, said game that was available outside of Japan (so was the original but only by wii shop) tho S&P didn't do so well so I really doubt we'll get a rep for them.

Starfy didn't do so well here in America and it did less in Japan, I don't think he'll be playable because, like I said, he got AT status (I've already explained this 3 times, look it up above).

I agree Little Mac is a shoe in thanks to the latest game, but I still think Matthew will be added and idk about the next one, I'm still leaning towards Ray 01, cause of a more unique moveset but it could be Starfy, idk.

Slime is a generic character, I don't care if he has his own spin off games, he's still a generic character. It won't happen, if Square is gonna add one of their characters it'll be from FF or Sora from KH, when these 2 series have been far more successful in and outside of Japan, while DQ is mostly a japan game.

Because Megaman has never appeared in crossover games? ok lol

Megaman is the likeliest 3rd party, but I still think Travis has a good chance JUST because of his creator, like I said: Suda is friends with Kojima, whose friends with Sakurai, chances are it'll happen, I think it's likely, and I'll cross my fingers, but if it doesn't happen it'll because Nintendo said no, not because Suda didn't try that's for sure, and that alone makes me respect the dude for his fantastic games and for his ballsyness.

First we need to know if Takamaru will come, and so far the answer is uncertain. Black Shadow may be a clone of Gannondorf in Brawl, since almost no doubt he will be 'de-cloned'. So to speak, we will substitute a semi-clone c.falcon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
First we need to know if Takamaru will come, and so far the answer is uncertain. Black Shadow may be a clone of Gannondorf in Brawl, since almost no doubt he will be 'de-cloned'. So to speak, we will substitute a semi-clone c.falcon.
If Black Shadow becomes a Brawl Ganondorf clone, while Ganondorf gets his own moveset (KEEP THE FLAME CHOKE PLZ) then I don't see what's so bad about it

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have my doubts about the console and games. The lack of GC compatibilty means that EVERY supported controller would be wireless.

Using a 3ds as a controller won't help either.

In tournament settings, there would be wireless interference out the ***.
The WiiU has four USB ports, wired controllers will probably work like this as this is how it's done on the PS360 consoles.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That doesn't mean that the joke wasn't still horrible. I wasn't even looking at race point of view. It was just bad. LOL
I should have given up and not trusted my instincts then. u3u

I HAVE NOTHING OF INTEREST TO ADD, so I'll just say I'm playing Brawl now and I hope the random button comes back. Best addition to Smash.

Actually, it'd be cool if, like the random stage select options, there was a random character select option. So I could turn off, I dunno, Peach? Lucario? Ice Climbers? ...Though I'd still want to fight them, just not play as them. What a conundrum. :/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The WiiU has four USB ports, wired controllers will probably work like this as this is how it's done on the PS360 consoles.
I hope your right, and that the game would support that.

One last thing before I leave the thread:

I think Krystal's inclusion is completely dependent on how the Starfox 64 3DS game goes and where the next games will go from there.

The game is a reboot like the original SF64 was and if it does successful enough, Starfox games made afterwards could or could not write her out of the series canon.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

I think Krystal's inclusion is completely dependent on how the Starfox 64 3DS game goes and where the next games will go from there.

The game is a reboot like the original SF64 was and if it does successful enough, Starfox games made afterwards could or could not write her out of the series canon.
I think Star Fox 3d opened the door to a Star Fox Wii U. And if that happens, we plausibly will have Krystal in the middle of the game!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

If Nintendo won't make wired controllers, someone will.

Isn't SF643DS just a remake. No new dialog has been recorded. What's important about this game is that if the game isn't good enough, they'll pull the plug on the series. I don't think, if it's a success, will write Krystal out of canon. Ideally, if they do start over, they'll finally cover Cerinia where Krystal's from.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WTF is this shiznit? TRUST ME: Zoarak is not the new Black.

Try not to use it in that context there fella.
Lol..what do you guys mean by "black"? as in he's a dark type Pokemon?

Honestly I would like to have Victini as well, Genosect is meh.....

Also where's a link to that SSB4 Online Networking thread?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There is a difference between a remake(StarFox 3D) and a revamp(Mortal Kombat 9). I don't think we will be losing as many important characters as we did when MK9 came out. We lost basically 40 characters.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
The Black Knight is probably the front runner or tied with Lyn for the most likely newcomer for Fire Emblem. All depending on whether Sakurai would want to put in Lyn because Smash lack female characters.

Black Knight

Pros:
Had good representation in Brawl
  • Ike's Entrance based on Black Knight's Warp Powder
  • Trophy
  • Sticker
  • One of his themes was in game.
  • Ike wields Ragnell, which is partnered with Black Knights sword, Alondite.
Villain in Two games
Playable in part of RD
Popular

Cons:
Competition for third FE character is fierce with Lyn and Caeda being the other frontrunners.
Not exactly a AAA character.

Black Knight Themes:
Against the Black Knight- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYqDjyXzcM&feature=related
The Black Knight Lives- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaIsvZpLPSo&NR=1
Zelgius the Brave- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyFmsQHp-J4&NR=1

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like I said he's likely.
SSB Fan says Isaac has a better chance but I say it's Matthew since he's in the most recent game, Isaac can stay as an AT while Matthew becomes playable. Not to mention they both look similar so we might as well add the newest protagonist

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Sorry, Victini is extremely likely going to be a Pokeball Poke like Manaphy.
Wrong, and let me explain why Victini would be a cadidate..

First off Victini has a large fanbase, what does it mean? It means that Victini most likely has a fanbase in Japan, maybe not as large as say Zoroark or Genosect but it definetly is growing.

Second, Victini is from the latest rep, what does it mean? It means that he is very relavent to Pokemon as of now, not only that but he has his latest movie as well, Zoroark already had his, and since Sakurai is going to start development soon it is likely that Sakurai will most likely be looking at the time frame that the Victini is currently in, in this case it would be during Victini's latest movie.

Just like Lucario before him, if Sakurai simply wants to "advertise" the latest pokemon that had a movie, then I have no doubt that Victini wouldn't be at least considered by him.

This is my take as far as Pokemon go for SSB4:

Pikachu: Guaranteed!
Jiggylypuff: Likely, due to almost being cut.
Zoroark: Likely
Victini: Likely
Genosect: Somewhat

Mewtwo chances are very low sad to say, and Lucario's chances are hanging in the air but I feel they are unlikely due to Zoroark being the latest Dark/Psychic type.

:phone:

Stryks

Smash Hero
OmegaXVII said:
Wrong, and let me explain why Victini would be a cadidate..

First off Victini has a large fanbase, what does it mean? It means that Victini most likely has a fanbase in Japan, maybe not as large as say Zoroark or Genosect but it definetly is growing.
and Mew didn't?

Second, Victini is from the latest rep, what does it mean? It means that he is very relavent to Pokemon as of now, not only that but he has his latest movie as well, Zoroark already had his, and since Sakurai is going to start development soon it is likely that Sakurai will most likely be looking at the time frame that the Victini is currently in, in this case it would be during Victini's latest movie.
Mew had a movie, Celebi had a movie, Jirachi had a movie, Manaphy had a movie, and none are playable.

Just like Lucario before him, if Sakurai simply wants to "advertise" the latest pokemon that had a movie, then I have no doubt that Victini wouldn't be at least considered by him.

Ok seriously people look at all the 'extra' pokemon up until now, all of them have been rare pokeball pokemon, what makes Victini stand out over the rest? he has popularity? didn't the other ones had popularity too? he has a movie coming up? so did the other ones as well.

If anything Mew had the best chance since he can have ANY attack does making a far more interesting moveset. Cmon guys it's been 3 games and in all of them the extra pokemon have been nothing but pokeball pokemon, why would victini be the exception.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Like I said he's likely.
I wouldn't really call Burger Knight "likely." A lot of the arguments for him ride on Ike's inclusion, and I would say there's a chance Ike may get cut. Then there's the question of whether Fire Emblem should even have 3 characters. There's the chance a new Fire Emblem game could come out soon, too.

A new Fire Emblem character in general just doesn't seem all that likely. "Maybe" at best? None of the "top contenders" for that spot are particularly noteworthy.

Come to think of it though, because "Black Knight" does sound so generic, I could see that helping him out? In Smash, Fire Emblem is portrayed as, like, "some medieval universe." He'd fit the role of villain better than a dark wizard would, since we already have Ganondorf.

IT'S NOT LIKE I'M AGAINST THE BURGER KNIGHT, BUT I WOULDN'T GET MY HOPES UP FOR HIM...

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
How do you mean?

Lastly: I'd really dig it if they didn't dig up Nintendo has beens from popularity square one.
It doesn't make sense to pave the way for more characters like them, when deserving ones have greater creative potential (Layton, Starfy, Slime, etc). Not to mention iconic relevance.
As in when we have Ridley, Krool, Dixie, Little Mac, Bowser jr., Golden Sun and Advance Wars reps, Dog Hunt Dog, Excite Biker, Balloon Fighter, Starfy, Layton, Slime... we reach the point where we are really grasping for straws looking at new playable Nintendo characters (ie. some generic castle bosses from Super Mario World).

At that point I rather see Lara Croft, Master Chief and Heihachi as new playable characters instead of Castle 4 Boss from SMW. Sure playable Koopa and individual Pikmins might have their charm but Rayman>Koopa.

Sure this won't happen before SSB6 the earliest, if both 4th and 5th game add around 10-20 characters each without cutting people. But I see little doubt why we wouldn't reach that point as long as these games sell like cupcakes.

Really I can see Mario and Pokemon presenting 10 viable reps; DK, Metroid, Zelda, Fox and Kirby presenting 5 and the rest 10-15 franchises from 1 to 3 reps. Unless some super newcomers come up in those series.

Then again I find the idea interesting that each game company got just 1 rep in SSB. EAs top dog (Shepard I guess) vs Ubisofts top dog (Rayman I guess) vs Activisions top dog (Tony Hawk lol?) vs Valve (Freeman I bet). Which would mean around 10-20 characters 3rd party total as well.

So the grand total would be around 80-100. But that wouldn't be the end. I hope this reply ends now though, planned to only write the first 2 paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom