• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not going to post a comprehensive moveset, I do not have the time to work on that. Only reason I'm here right now is because I'm still buzzed from finishing my ITEC assessment test.

Masked Man

A - horizontal slash
AA - diagonal slash
AAA - pulls sword over head and slashes vertically

Ftilt - grabs saber and holds it dagger style, slashing in an arc skyward
Utilt - stabs saber straight into the air
Dtilt - lowers body onto the ground and pulls arm cannon forward and fires

Fsmash - jumps forward in the air and comes down in one large slash
Dsmash - pulls arms forward and then pulls them to his side, an attack barrier of electricity is pulsed from his body.
Usmash - jumps into the air cuts above him, spinning in the air until landing on the floor

B: Arm Cannon - He can utilize his arm cannon
Forward B: Thunderstrike - Holds saber out and summons a large blast of electricity to come from the sky
Down B: Saber Wave - Pulls saber out, slowly moving it around for 2 seconds. Than he slashes ferociously, creating a small wave of energy that propels forward.
Up B: Wings of Chimaera - Wings emerge from his back, allowing him to fly.

He could also have moves utilizing his Shield Killer, PK Love, explosives, and a more mobile sword fighting style (ala Zero).

Bye guys.

1.) Aerial follow-up/rave - Some attacks of fighters are cancellable into a jump. So what happens? Once you click the jump button when the attack hits the enemy then the knockback changes. It will have a set-knockback then you jump to the enemy and click A to do your aerial combo. An aerial combo does not do your aerial attacks like n-air, f-air and those other attacks. The character does some made-up combo. You can follow it up with the character's aerials those. Yes, you can do it in the middle of an aerial wave.

2.) Smash special meter - There's a meter. If it fills up, you can do a newly revamped special attacks. You see.... The difference between a special and a smash special is that a smash special has a certain modification on it that makes it significantly better than the normal special. You hold the Y (Default) button to do your smash special. You need to fill up your meter though if you want to do a smash special. You can do a forward, upward, neutral and downward smash special.

My thoughts so far regarding the mechanics.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I like how Johnknight writes up all that when he could have just said "Indeed you are correct sir."

@Omega: wut.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I think the characters themselves should matter more than franchise representation

If 20 mario characters are wonderful, by all means let 20 mario characters in for all I say

If Star fox was the most popular series but only had 2 important characters, let only 2 in
But see that's the thing, representation should have balance otherwise it'd be called Mario and other Nintendo guys or something (exaggerating). Like I said, Smash is supposed to be a clash of Nintendo all stars

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But see that's the thing, representation should have balance otherwise it'd be called Mario and other Nintendo guys or something (exaggerating). Like I said, Smash is supposed to be a clash of Nintendo all stars
The STARS themselves, your taking the importance of the franchise and putting it above the stars

"Mother doesn't deserve 3 reps" even though the 3 characters are ALL considered good characters and would be willing to have a combination of any 2 of them.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Having three Mother characters or four Star Fox characters would hardly be out of balance though. If the roster is large enough, that is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The STARS themselves, your taking the importance of the franchise and putting it above the stars

"Mother doesn't deserve 3 reps" even though the 3 characters are ALL considered good characters and would be willing to have a combination of any 2 of them.

Exactly. Despite what some people may believe, Pichu, Deoxys, Krystal, Bowser Jr., Toad ect. Are all Nintendo All-Stars. Some more than others of course, but they're heavy hitters within their series, as well as in-general.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

I'm not putting anything above anything, I said they should be balanced.

There's a meter

Once it fills up, you can do a smash special by clicking the Y button. You can change the special by changing the direction of the control stick.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There's a meter

Once it fills up, you can do a smash special by clicking the Y button. You can change the special by changing the direction of the control stick.
Ah, so is it like a 4-1 special move that can be utilized this way? I'm guessing it would be used solely go rack up damage, nothing broken like a Final Smash is, how about some combo Super? I have an idea over it.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Balanced by franchise representation and popularity (and or potential) of the character.
So basically what psycho has been saying the whole time?

A character should be picked based of what they bring to their franchise, if they're popular enough (or even not), and what potential they have.

Precisely.

Here's an example of the smash special:

Mario
B - Huge fireball
Forward B - Cape Mario (Not just cape)
Up B - Super SUPER jump punch
Down B - Spinny star spin (You can control Mario as he spins for a long time. To stop, click any button)

@shortie: Actually, it boils down to popularity in our point of view. To Sakurai, it boils down to his thoughts, opinions, nintendo's opinions, judgement, cats and his girlfriend (if he has one lol)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Precisely.

Here's an example of the smash special:

Mario
B - Huge fireball
Forward B - Cape Mario (Not just cape)
Up B - Super SUPER jump punch
Down B - Spinny star spin (You can control Mario as he spins for a long time. To stop, click any button)
Ah, I see, there "enhanced" versions of specials, now I see.

I actually had an idea towards a Super Smash, it's a lesser version of the Final Smash, interesting though.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Powers and abilities used by Waluigi

Thorns
Piranha plants
Swim through air
Contortionist
Bob-ombs
Whiskered eggplants

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What they bring to the franchise, or what they bring to the roster?

Like, I think Pit is all Kid Icarus truly needs to represent the series, but I think Medusa would be an interesting addition to the roster.

Er well... THE SERIES TOO I SUPPOSE IN THAT CASE. Perhaps not the best example.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

A character should be picked based of what they bring to their franchise, if they're popular enough (or even not), and what potential they have.
I totally agree with this, except for what happened with Melee. "looks at Dr. M, Pichu, Roy, Y. Link)

While I don't like clones, at least Brawl kept to this concept, so I'm pretty sure SSB4 will stay similar, although this is another count against Roy returning. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@shortie: Actually, it boils down to popularity in our point of view.
Keep me far away from this ideal. Popularity soley? Disgusting. That puts Waluigi close to actually deserving characters. If picks are based soley of popularity, we might as well have Mario and Pokemon with some friends. I have a roster to show you. I'll get back to you on the whole popularity thing.

To Sakurai, it boils down to his thoughts, opinions, nintendo's opinions, judgement, cats and his girlfriend (if he has one lol)
Which is how it should be. Wedge fans in their in the form of an official poll and that's just dandy.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

No, he was saying that the character matters more, I was just saying it should be balanced.

[collapse=""]I think the characters themselves should matter more than franchise representation

If 20 mario characters are wonderful, by all means let 20 mario characters in for all I say

If Star fox was the most popular series but only had 2 important characters, let only 2 in
[/collapse]

Keep me far away from this ideal. Popularity soley? Disgusting. That puts Waluigi close to actually deserving characters. If picks are based soley of popularity, we might as well have Mario and Pokemon with some friends. I have a roster to show you. I'll get back to you on the whole popularity thing.

Which is how it should be. Wedge fans in their in the form of an official poll and that's just dandy.
I know it won't work that well.....

That's just proof that popularity does not work all the time

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, he was saying that the character matters more, I was just saying it should be balanced.

[/collapse]
I was being extreme

However, I don't believe they should throw in less than stellar characters just because the franchise is popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom