• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New samus ledge tech i found while in training mode

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542

Dash off the stage and do reverse down b. That how i found this, u can instantly back air and down air if the cancel is done properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Nice find. You can also get the same effect by running toward the edge and shooting a missile backwards as well. Three easy ways to do this:
  1. If you're too close to the edge to enter run animation, tap toward the edge and shoot a missile backwards before you enter teetering animation.
  2. If you're far enough from the edge to enter run animation, pull back so you are in sliding animation on the edge and shoot missile backwards.
  3. Run to the edge and stop, shoot a missile backwards before you enter teetering animation. (similar to method 1)

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Both ExtremebrawlerX's and Rohins' techs seem invaluable! Do either of you know if there is any difference between the two? My gut tells me the down B variamt might get you on the ledge a few frames earlier.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Both ExtremebrawlerX's and Rohins' techs seem invaluable! Do either of you know if there is any difference between the two? My gut tells me the down B variamt might get you on the ledge a few frames earlier.
I don't notice any difference. On another note, I like these methods for stealing the edge since it's easy to tap a fast fall input after you've canceled your bomb/missile animation. Prior to this I was using a quarter circle forward to down movement to grab the edge, but I feel I can be more deliberate using the canceling.

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
I don't notice any difference. On another note, I like these methods for stealing the edge since it's easy to tap a fast fall input after you've canceled your bomb/missile animation. Prior to this I was using a quarter circle forward to down movement to grab the edge, but I feel I can be more deliberate using the canceling.
I found it to be more practical to use the down b method because it can lead samus to grab the edge a bit faster . Both methods are good but i got practice with the down b method and i'm more consistent with it now. I just hope that people start recognizing that samus dosent suck and that this ledge cancel can help her meta game , even if its just a little.

Last edited:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i found out about this a while back but didn't post nothing on it because i don't really see the usefulness

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Though it requires testing, I believe you can Nair out of this. That would help with people chasing you to the ledge or help you edge guard a person rising to the ledge.

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
i found out about this a while back but didn't post nothing on it because i don't really see the usefulness
1: If you found this earlier you should have posted it up for the community to see.
2: whether it's useful or not is not up to you but to the people here to discuss
3: its very useful in the fact that only samus can do this new ledge mechanic as of now, also further testing led me to see that your also able to up b, back air, down air faster than any other character without having to jump off and reverse before you jump off the stage like everybody else.
4: Lastly as a side note for everybody here There is dacus in the game, so far DK , ROBIN, SHEIK and wario are the only ones that can slide in the 3ds by hard inputting in training mode and at 4x slow motion ( should be able to test if anybody else has it better in 2 two days when i get the gamecube controler)

Also i'm too lazy to make a video on that so you guys can test that out yourselfs.

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
1: If you found this earlier you should have posted it up for the community to see.
2: whether it's useful or not is not up to you but to the people here to discuss
3: its very useful in the fact that only samus can do this new ledge mechanic as of now, also further testing led me to see that your also able to up b, back air, down air faster than any other character without having to jump off and reverse before you jump off the stage like everybody else.
4: Lastly as a side note for everybody here There is dacus in the game, so far DK , ROBIN, SHEIK and wario are the only ones that can slide in the 3ds by hard inputting in training mode and at 4x slow motion ( should be able to test if anybody else has it better in 2 two days when i get the gamecube controler)

Also i'm too lazy to make a video on that so you guys can test that out yourselfs.
Were these tested with the new patch? I heard that DACUS was either removed, or incredibly difficult to pull off without tap jump on in this game...

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm not claiming it, you pasted it first. I cant post stuff on youtube for some reason.

When your in the morph ball still spinning stuck in the ledge you cant do anything until your fully standing again(right). unless you can act out of it by canceling the morph ball animation somehow. I can see this tech being most useful when someone is trying to get back to the stage.

Last edited:

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
Were these tested with the new patch? I heard that DACUS was either removed, or incredibly difficult to pull off without tap jump on in this game...
Its possible and i tested again yesterday, the problem is dacus is impossible with the button limitations of the 3ds but its there for sure. Try it on training mode by doing dash>down a>up smash at 4x slow speed i doubt they will patch this when its pretty impossible to do on the 3ds. oh and its impossible to do dacus WITH tap jump on make sure its off.

I'm not claiming it, you pasted it first. I cant post stuff on youtube for some reason.

When your in the morph ball still spinning stuck in the ledge you cant do anything until your fully standing again(right). unless you can act out of it by canceling the morph ball animation somehow. I can see this tech being most useful when someone is trying to get back to the stage.
did more testing yesterday and this new tech is situational and only works for edge gaurding. About the morph ball effect there are 2, one where samus spins in place with the morph right on the edge regardless if you press forward or backwards. the other is in the video when the morph ball completely cancels and your able to go off the stage facing it leading into back airs and stuff like that. But you said it yourself its useful against edge gaurding.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
did more testing yesterday and this new tech is situational and only works for edge gaurding. About the morph ball effect there are 2, one where samus spins in place with the morph right on the edge regardless if you press forward or backwards. the other is in the video when the morph ball completely cancels and your able to go off the stage facing it leading into back airs and stuff like that. But you said it yourself its useful against edge gaurding.
OO Yea i see. That's a very tricky technique. "He's going to do that weird morph ball thing for the tenth time and then nothing is going to happen. i can recover saf" BAM BACK AIR!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I actually managed to do this, land back on the stage and immediately do an F-tilt. Trying to recreate it atm.

Edit: Got it. Trying D-tilt next.

Edit 2: Didn't work. But it works AMAZING with Z-air and F-air.

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Dacus is in and only works on training mode at 4x slow speed , with tap jump OFF
Only in training mode? As in it's only possible to input because of the difficulty in regular speed or as in like how c-stick didn't work in melee's training man.
I actually managed to do this, land back on the stage and immediately do an F-tilt. Trying to recreate it atm.

Not sure I understood. It works vice versa? You can come from offstage down B and bypass the ledge grab to stand on the ledge or are you saying you can use the AT to dodge an attack get up and f-tilit

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
Only in training mode? As in it's only possible to input because of the difficulty in regular speed or as in like how c-stick didn't work in melee's training man.

Not sure I understood. It works vice versa? You can come from offstage down B and bypass the ledge grab to stand on the ledge or are you saying you can use the AT to dodge an attack get up and f-tilit
Its only possible in training in slow motion cause we lack the extra input that the c stick provides. we cant humanly input it in real time because it would have to be doing way faster than the brain and hands can handle lol

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Its only possible in training in slow motion cause we lack the extra input that the c stick provides. we cant humanly input it in real time because it would have to be doing way faster than the brain and hands can handle lol
Have you tried with every character then. I feel that the conflicting intel may mean that only some characters can DACUS. I've heard some people say it's impossoble even in training and some people say tap jump on, others say off. If that's the case and Samus is one of the few who keep her DACUS I will be soo happy :')

Btw, I assume that like in brawl upb OOS is impossible with tap jump off. Is that the case?

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
Btw, I assume that like in brawl upb OOS is impossible with tap jump off. Is that the case?
Sorry to tell you but im pretty sure( not really) that DACUS was either taken out or much harder to do because i wasent able to do it like i was a week back. I have to research if they did in fact take it out, so dont quote me on this its just me assuming things.

aozf05

Smash Cadet
I can see this technique being part of pro Samus' repertoire

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Has anyone tried this on the WII u version? I can easily get the roll in place thing but not the actual ledge cancel. I'm I just not pulling it off right?

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
I was getting it very inconsistently with bomb, too inconsisntently. I paid attention and realisedI was inputting the bomb and everything perfectly but the deal is that it's not the bomb at all, it's actual missilie inputs. I think extremebrawler felt he was doing it with bomb but in actuality he was doing it with missile.

ExtremebrawlerX

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazeXHeatnix
3DS FC
5215-0855-0542
I was getting it very inconsistently with bomb, too inconsisntently. I paid attention and realisedI was inputting the bomb and everything perfectly but the deal is that it's not the bomb at all, it's actual missilie inputs. I think extremebrawler felt he was doing it with bomb but in actuality he was doing it with missile.
hmmm... i still do the same inputs as if i was doing it with the down b, but true idk if the game cancels the ledge on the morph ball bomb or the missile and i actually dont believe it matters unless you doing it right. I tired it on the wii u version it works fine but has anyone tried DACUS yet because i havent been able to do it after the update.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
If it has anything to do with techs in Smash, post it. Everyone will find a purpose for everything in this game. :drshrug:
"1: If you found this earlier you should have posted it up for the community to see.
2: whether it's useful or not is not up to you but to the people here to discuss"
Did you read what op said to me and paraphrase. Yep really useful post bro. I found the core uses for the stuck morph ball on the ledge. its a good tool for protecting the stage & preventing people from doing a neutral recovery on the stage. But if its a sorry you want for not posting it the 4th of October im sorry. just don't repeat lets forget I said it. and lets let this discussion finish

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has brought this up or not but there is a variation of this tech that instead of stalling you briefly before grabbing the ledge, you maintain your momentum and keep going off the ledge. This gives us more options for landing Bairs off stage. I'm having a hard time pulling it off, it happens inconsistently but I feel the timing is a little later than the one we've ben using. Has anyone else pulled this off with more consistency?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
What does this help with exactly? Only thing i can see is being able to back air, Dair i find comes out quick enough anyway or i prefer to jump then fastfall to Dair.

Or is this meant to be used for opponents chasing you, so you'd use this to come back on stage with a fair/nair etc. ?

(Im in no way doubting that there is use for it, just wondering what exactly)

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Fair and nairing people who come up against the ledge. Gives you a faster option for bairing people who recover low. You can uair out of it to catch teleport recoveries. Your down air is more likely to stage spike. Basically it's a quick way to repoisition yourself for low offstage **** without the need of RARing. This also works on soft platforms so more options there too.

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt

For some reason just noticed that post. That f-tilt sounds like a great mix up. So do you hop back on to the stage before you grab or simply input the direction while airborne?

I realize we haven't named this tech yet. The Mii gunner players may have beat us to it even though ExtremebrawlerX had made his post before they made theirs.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
She falls through Kongo Jungle when you try to do this its pretty cool and give more options

Last edited:
Top Bottom