• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS "New" Nintendo 3DS w/ C-Stick Confirmed (for JAPAN & EUROPE) Nintendo snatching your faves weaves

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Nah, I want the full package. A 3DS XL, that supports HDML, faster CPU and Amiibo figures without a peripheral, better 3D, a circle pad and the R button!
If you don't wanna get wrecked by japanese it's a good option. I like it a lot, I've hd it for a few months. But I am definitely upgrading to this when it comes out in NA.

ferioku

Smash Ace
If you don't wanna get wrecked by japanese it's a good option. I like it a lot, I've hd it for a few months. But I am definitely upgrading to this when it comes out in NA.
Id still rather have it at least a month after japan... (Mumbles)...

Ridles the Space Pirate

Smash Journeyman
I would like to get the new 3ds xl, but you would think this would be the perfect thing to bundle with smash 3ds. I also have to wait till 2015 to get one...

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Getting a CPP/CPPXL will fix all of your problems.
How the hell would I cpp/XL help when we could just get the new model and enjoy the game more, by the way I heard tey ruin your 3DS I don't know whether that's true or not

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
How the hell would I cpp/XL help when we could just get the new model and enjoy the game more, by the way I heard tey ruin your 3DS I don't know whether that's true or not
Because he's complaining about getting it later. And they don't.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Of course Id complain. If you have to wait till August I bet you will complain at one point. Heck I won't even be surprised if they release it very late for us!
They are adding a lot of stuff, and I won't be complaining unless they have some amazing exclusives. It's basically an upgraded 3DS/XL + CPP/XL.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Because he's complaining about getting it later. And they don't.
Frankly, I'm from Europe and it's annoying because Japan are unfair just I'm imagine if Nintendo thought about Tia thoroughly and said " Since it's Christmas people will be spending money for there children, etc. Nintendo will be raking in the money which will help improve Nintendo company, Honestly I find this whole situation stupid and unfair, also I think Japan ( or Nintendo are downgrading us) with releasing the 2DS

ferioku

Smash Ace
They are adding a lot of stuff, and I won't be complaining unless they have some amazing exclusives. It's basically an upgraded 3DS/XL + CPP/XL.
"Xenoblade Chronicles" Thats an amazing exclusive. It's not only just a 3DS XL with a CPP, how many times do I have to say this. The the 3DS has longer battery life, supports HTML, faster downloads, can support more games etc.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I have an idea. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Deluxe, new 3DS exclusive. Cut veterans and a new more newcomers return, with some other more content (more CPU = ICE CLIMBERS!).

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
So is it still not confirmed for NA? What are the regular 3ds and LL prices in Japan compared to this New 3DS? Because the amount of it would be cheaper than an xL right now, but I bet it won't be that way in the end.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
So is it still not confirmed for NA? What are the regular 3ds and LL prices in Japan compared to this New 3DS? Because the amount of it would be cheaper than an xL right now, but I bet it won't be that way in the end.
Original 3DS 15,000 yen / New 3DS 16,000 yen
3DS LL 18,900 yen / New 3DS LL 18,000 yen

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Double Post
And monster hunter 3DS LL with monster hunter = 26,800 yen

Nintendo really messed up here. I'm been trying to think of a reason for this 'stupidity' and I just can't think of anything that would hinder us from getting the new model... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I am a little confused on the details.

First off, the customizable skins, so if I bought a normal new 3ds, would I still be able to get a different theme for example?

Second off, how big is the normal new 3ds compared to just the plain old 3ds XL?

Lastly, how much should I expect the normal new 3ds to cost?

It seems awesome enough...if not having horrible timing for me... >.>

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I think i gonna get one, maybe will release, DKC Tropical Freeze for this

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Nintendo really messed up here. I'm been trying to think of a reason for this 'stupidity' and I just can't think of anything that would hinder us from getting the new model... :D
The delay is just for normal localization work that takes time and resources, especially if it is still region locked. I doubt they would refuse to sell it this holiday season if they had the choice.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
The delay is just for normal localization work that takes time and resources, especially if it is still region locked. I doubt they would refuse to sell it this holiday season if they had the choice.
This is were I beg to differ, as I said I have been racking my brain, I already thought about this and Nintendo have LOADS of money which is used, and the shipping etc. Is cheap so why cant we have it O.o, Also it takes time and resources right? so wouldn't it take the same amount of resources to sell to Japan first, then sell us or probably even more so i dont see the point...

To be honest, I think Japan are doing this to be spiteful i really do... i dont want to think that, but thats the way its looking

Last edited by a moderator:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I think Japan are doing this to be spiteful i really do... i dont want to think that, but thats the way its looking
Where the hell are we going here?

Anyways, I'm glad I didn't get an XL yet. This NEEDS to get to North America.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Umm, no. Above the buttons means you have to have your whole thumb across them when using the new "c-stick". Below would allow for its use without much hand movement at all and, for a skilled smasher, without leaving the buttons unmanned even for a split second.

I really don't understand why Nintendo insist on swapping button placement around when the layout of the GC controller was actually pretty much perfect. Yes, it had other flaws such as small size, only one zed and a C-Stick rather than a second analogue stick but it got the layout just right.
you thought the c-stick on the gcn controller was in a comfortable position...?

with this position i can even hit the c-stick immediately after jumping by keeping the ball of my thumb on the jump button and the tip of my thumb on the c-stick.

maybe it'll be a little awkward at first, but iwata was pretty convinced that this was the perfect location and that it feels pretty natural and easy (and if not, he recommended you try it out when they have demos out -- though of course he was talking to japanese customers). at least to me, it seems like this is actually a positive change from the gcn's c-stick location that took me a long time to get used to.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I, personally, find the exact opposite to work better, with the area just beneath the ball of my thumb being used for smash attacks and the tip section for buttons. Still, to each their own I guess.
it definitely does depend on the shape of hands and lengths of fingers. my fingers are pretty long, so i don't even need to think to hit this button.

*edit:
just turned on MK8 to try out my new yoshi/shy guy colors and i noticed that the + button on the wii u pro controller is probably about where the c-stick is on the new3DS

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

First off, the customizable skins, so if I bought a normal new 3ds, would I still be able to get a different theme for example?

Second off, how big is the normal new 3ds compared to just the plain old 3ds XL?

1. I don't understand the question.
2. Don't know.
3. Most likely $154.99

leeprtr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeprtr
3DS FC
4210-4734-6362
do ya know whats annoying?
NINTENDO ANNOUNCING ANOTHER FRICKING CONSOLE THE DAY AFTER I GOT A 2DS
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
do ya know whats annoying?
NINTENDO ANNOUNCING ANOTHER FRICKING CONSOLE THE DAY AFTER I GOT A 2DS
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I know how you feel. I got a 3DS XL last year, a couple weeks after I got it: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bundle for less than I paid. Now, there's this...

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209

Yes, you would have to buy the slips separately thought, or purchase just the themes (not sure how yet thought)
Not much. ,5m bigger screen I believe
$150

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I have an idea. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Deluxe, new 3DS exclusive. Cut veterans and a new more newcomers return, with some other more content (more CPU = ICE CLIMBERS!).
Aww, I came here just to say that. I was going to say that the New 3DS was made for Sakurai so he could put Ice Climbers in the game and have a c-stick. Noone had mentioned it until page 3... reading through the thread I was getting hopeful that noone had mentioned it yet... oh, well.

I'm going to be getting the New 3DS XL. I've been wanting to get an XL for a while now, because my normal 3DS screen just seems too small. I want a bigger screen. But now with the New 3DS XL, that's all the more reason for me to get one. Stupid that it doesn't come out in time for the holiday season.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Here's my plan:
1. Save up money to buy it outright (maybe a bundle if they have one)
2. Transfer info from 3DS to New 3DS
3. Sell 3DS
4. ???
5. Profit

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
This is were I beg to differ, as I said I have been racking my brain, I already thought about this and Nintendo have LOADS of money which is used, and the shipping etc. Is cheap so why cant we have it O.o, Also it takes time and resources right? so wouldn't it take the same amount of resources to sell to Japan first, then sell us or probably even more so i dont see the point...
You might want to look up more info on localization and then production of said localized products. It takes time and resources. Remember the consoles themselves are region locked and have to be compatible with that regions' game library for the system (AKA more coding and programming). The system has to comply and be examined by the regions authority on consumer electronics. The products have to be manufactured separately and have different adapters also manufactured because countries have different electrical outlets. On top of that the menus and any on-system content like the manuals need to be translated and localized into many languages. This localization happens after the Japanese product is nearly finished so they have a base to work with and it is common for consoles to be released at separate times in different regions because of all the localization. The only difference is this is an upgraded version and not a highly anticipated brand new console so it isn't at the forefront of their lists.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Getting a CPP/CPPXL will fix all of your problems.
Have they confirmed that the CPP will work in place of the new 3DS's "C-stick"?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Have they confirmed that the CPP will work in place of the new 3DS's "C-stick"?
I THINK Iwata said 'Any game compatible with the Circle Pad Pro will now just be able to use this new C-stick.' or something like that, so yes, the CPP should be compatible with smash 3DS.

Last edited:

iNinja5567

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNinja5567
3DS FC
1435-5269-0072
I hope that there will still be regular SD card support. I don't want to get a new SD card along with a new system.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, I would just like to point out that a normal Nintendo 3DS costs $169.99, and add a Circle Pad Pro and an Amiibo peripheral (For now let's just assume the peripheral will cost $12.99), that would cost $212.97 (without tax). And a normal New Nintendo 3DS pretty much has a CPP in it, has Amiibo compatibility pre-installed in it, and, by 'translating' Yen to American dollars, it only costs $154.99. So this is actually a pretty good deal.

Top Bottom