• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS "New" Nintendo 3DS w/ C-Stick Confirmed (for JAPAN & EUROPE) Nintendo snatching your faves weaves

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I don't remember a giant, bulky rectangle that matches a GBA cartridge's size exactly on the bottom of the system being a Game Card slot.
Uh...3DS' do not support GBA games. It's a game card slot for 3DS games. They had to move it due to new hardware.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I don't remember a giant, bulky rectangle that matches a GBA cartridge's size exactly on the bottom of the system being a Game Card slot.
Then I'd like you to tell me where the game card goes.
Also is will the second analog work as a c stick or is it just for other games and people are interpreting it as one?

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Gonna be honest, still looks uncomfortable for smash. Button layout will be awkward for short hop and the placement and size of the new circle pad makes me difficult to imagine how useful it will be for me
they actually talked for a while about how it's small but very intuitive with location and since it's used as a supplement rather than being equally important to the left stick.

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
Gonna upgrade to the XL version if the original 3DS screen is too small for Smash. But the New 3DS(no XL) looks awesome, cool buttons, exchangeable skins, portable, etc.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
It's not going to be available outside of Japan. It was stated specifically.
do you happen to have a link to where this was said because I can't find any article anywhere that said that

Last edited:

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
do you happen to have a link to where this was said because I can't find any article anywhere that said that
IGN, polygon, etc confirmed that it will be available in the US and Europe in 2015

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Then I'd like you to tell me where the game card goes.
Also is will the second analog work as a c stick or is it just for other games and people are interpreting it as one?
Iwata straight up told us (or showed us, either way) that it acts as a c-stick in smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

It wasn't stated in an article, it was stated by Iwata during the direct.

Obviously it doesn't appear to be technically true, but it is going to be a Japan exclusive for at least a little while until "2015" release for EU.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Gonna upgrade to the XL version if the original 3DS screen is too small for Smash. But the New 3DS(no XL) looks awesome, cool buttons, exchangeable skins, portable, etc.
if it's any consolation, the new3DS regs scren is 1.2x that of the original 3DS. doesn't sound like much as 1.2, but that's a 20% increase.

i'm almost certain i'll be getting the regs as opposed to the XL because of the customization.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo said there will be a new zelda 3ds game coming out for the 3ds (Not ALBW) and I bet it's for this *sigh*

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Seriously hoping that we get it early 2015.

Does anyone think I could pre order it, months before it's available to the UK?

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I seriously hope developers don't start making all the really cool games for this new 3DS now...I mean, the 3DS has only been out three years. I just bought it two months ago. Still, I think most companies will want to reach the vastly larger market share that the standard 3DS has.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Nintendo are making a huge mistake were they could of made a hell load of money. I'm just saddened by the way Japan get it way early than Europe it's unfair on so many levels

SuperSah

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSah
3DS FC
4425-2273-6142
Please tell me I can use the CPP.

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
Nintendo are making a huge mistake were they could of made a hell load of money. I'm just saddened by the way Japan get it way early than Europe it's unfair on so many levels
You can't really blame them though, they're a Japan based company, and the 3DS is the top selling gaming device in Japan, totally dominating everything else (except phones, if you count them as a gaming device) But in NA and Europe sales and hype are way behind the PS4, XBONE.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm really glad that I didn't buy a 3DS XL, upgrading it twice would have felt like a waste of money.

Ai <3 Punk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aipunk
3DS FC
3883-6832-1213
jesus, my head hurt after reading youtube comments for the new 3ds trailer. I'll wait until there is a good line up for the new 3ds to get it

Last edited:

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
You can't really blame them though, they're a Japan based company, and the 3DS is the top selling gaming device in Japan, totally dominating everything else (except phones, if you count them as a gaming device) But in NA and Europe sales and hype are way behind the PS4, XBONE.
I understand, but think about this it's coming to December. December is Christmas period, where everyone asks for what they want the new 3DS would sell like wild fire compare to the xbox one and ps4 (even with destiny) however this is my opinion, but bringing it out in 2015 defeats the object of making money for the company as they may release when they is no holiday like Christmas or Boxing day etc.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
they actually talked for a while about how it's small but very intuitive with location and since it's used as a supplement rather than being equally important to the left stick.
Umm, no. Above the buttons means you have to have your whole thumb across them when using the new "c-stick". Below would allow for its use without much hand movement at all and, for a skilled smasher, without leaving the buttons unmanned even for a split second.

I really don't understand why Nintendo insist on swapping button placement around when the layout of the GC controller was actually pretty much perfect. Yes, it had other flaws such as small size, only one zed and a C-Stick rather than a second analogue stick but it got the layout just right.

oscuras

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2105-8721-7551
I understand, but think about this it's coming to December. December is Christmas period, where everyone asks for what they want the new 3DS would sell like wild fire compare to the xbox one and ps4 (even with destiny) however this is my opinion, but bringing it out in 2015 defeats the object of making money for the company as they may release when they is no holiday like Christmas or Boxing day etc.
IKR, Nintendo should really make use of Christmas to sell this New 3DS. The New 3DS + Smash Bros, Pokemon ORAS will sell like crazy. Pushing it to 2015 makes no sense at all, it´s like the original 3DS launch again. It also stops people from buying a 3DS for Christmas, Black Friday because they rather wait for 2015 to get the new system.

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Exactly! If I was able to contact them I would put this forward because if they think about, hyrule warriors,Pokemon ORAS, smash + the new 3DS would make Nintendo extremely rich it's they season so they should take it now not in 2015... ( sorry if my grammar is bad using phone ) :D
IKR, Nintendo should really make use of Christmas to sell this New 3DS. The New 3DS + Smash Bros, Pokemon ORAS will sell like crazy. Pushing it to 2015 makes no sense at all, it´s like the original 3DS launch again. It also stops people from buying a 3DS for Christmas, Black Friday because they rather wait for 2015 to get the new system.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Me: "Well, Im interested in playing the new Smash Bros. Wii U with new options and leave the Gamecube controller behind"
*Nintendo announces the Gamecube controller adapter*
Me: "At least Im looking foward to play the Smash Bros. 3DS without C-Sticking. It will be a challenge but I can do it."
*Nintendo announces new 3DS with C-stick* (which Im buying since I wanted to upgrade to XL anyways).

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
UGH, why are there no American release plans? I need this! I also need Xenoblade for 3DS; they better bring that over here too.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
This product was made for japan.
1. Use of micro SDs. Super popular in japan.
2. Having 3 hand held variants (2ds doesn't exist in japan). Japan is really big on handheld.
3. Thing is made for monster hunter. People in japan love monster hunter.

It sucks no release for NA yet, but due to it having exclusives I don't think it'll be japan only.

ferioku

Smash Ace
This product was made for japan.
1. Use of micro SDs. Super popular in japan.
2. Having 3 hand held variants (2ds doesn't exist in japan). Japan is really big on handheld.
3. Thing is made for monster hunter. People in japan love monster hunter.

It sucks no release for NA yet, but due to it having exclusives I don't think it'll be japan only.
The new 3ds is not made specifically for monster hunter. If we don't get this new 3DS, we can't ever get Xenoblade chronicles, which sucks azz. Also, it's 10x more superior than the original 3ds/3ds XL. The CPU is much better and the browser now supports HTML five, and Micro SD is as popular in Europe and America as it is in Japan and the 2DS doesn't sell that well, this one will surely sell much more than the 2DS

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
The new 3ds is not made specifically for monster hunter. If we don't get this new 3DS, we can't ever get Xenoblade chronicles, which sucks ***. Also, it's 10x more superior than the original 3ds/3ds XL. The CPU is much better and the browser now supports HTML five, and Micro SD is as popular in Europe and America as it is in Japan!
I didn't mean it literally, but I can imagine monster hunter is one of the bigger reasons for the additional circle pad.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I didn't mean it literally, but I can imagine monster hunter is one of the bigger reasons for the additional circle pad.
Monster Hunter, Smash Brothers Xenoblades Chronicles etc. I am very disappointing with what Nintendo are doing. Who the hell is going to buy that custom 3ds in Europe when that new 3DS is there! Nintendo have once again disappointed millions with this crap. Not only do I have to save up for the new 3DS, which I dont mind honestly, I also have to wait till next year to buy it. Hoping it comes out Quarter one next year because waiting till August to play the new 3DS is completely stupid and Sony/Microsoft wouldn't even stoop that low.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Monster Hunter, Smash Brothers Xenoblades Chronicles etc. I am very disappointing with what Nintendo are doing. Who the hell is going to buy that custom 3ds in Europe when that new 3DS is there! Nintendo have once again disappointed millions with this crap. Not only do I have to save up for the new 3DS, which I dont mind honestly, I also have to wait till next year to buy it. Hoping it comes out Quarter one next year because waiting till August to play the new 3DS is completely stupid and Sony/Microsoft wouldn't even stoop that low.
I mean, I don't see why you're so upset. They released a new system in japan before NA. Not anything new.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I mean, I don't see why you're so upset. They released a new system in japan before NA. Not anything new.
I live in Europe, we got the 3DS XL the same date as them and the original a month after them. Of course I'll be upset, they get to play a much better version several months and possibly a year before us, its stupid! The worst part is I can't even play Smash 4 to properly since I don't have the C pad or the r button =/. Imagine facing Japanese players online using the c pad, they would have a much easier time comboing you whilst you have to hit right and and the A button.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I live in Europe, we got the 3DS XL the same date as them and the original a month after them. Of course I'll be upset, they get to play a much better version several months and possibly a year before us, its stupid! The worst part is I can't even play Smash 4 to properly since I don't have the C pad or the r button =/. Imagine facing Japanese players online using the c pad, they would have a much easier time comboing you whilst you have to hit right and and the A button.
Getting a CPP/CPPXL will fix all of your problems.

Top Bottom