• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
THIS JUST IN!

when is friday fest happening? i might be able to go. but I NEED A RIDE TO MY HOUSE AFTERWARDS

and i will be there in the evening possibly as late as 8pm
On Friday.

So it's gonna go like this-

Round Robin, $2 entry, $5 venue fee, we go get food together that people want to eat (food to cook) and the rest goes towards gas for Devastation.

Also, if Tekkie's getting there at 8, I'm willing to wait to go get food.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
On Friday.

So it's gonna go like this-

Round Robin, $2 entry, $5 venue fee, we go get food together that people want to eat (food to cook) and the rest goes towards gas for Devastation.
This sounds super legit.

I am in Nolan's situation as far as getting back to my house though.

Napos

Smash Ace
yeah that sounds down. What time shall we arrive friday? I don't mind waiting for the tekmister.

Everyone knows this Silly Kyle <3

Oh almost forgot, How can I upload vids onto here so I can get myself critiqued? I need a converter right? or something of that nature? Help a Noobie out

tekkie

Smash Master
i cant make it on friday CRAPCRAPCRAP

someone host sunday? :(

edit:

WAIT

would anyone from the west side be going because getting home afterwards would be a concern if by some freak chance i made it there

Napos

Smash Ace
i cant make it on friday CRAPCRAPCRAP

someone host sunday? :(

edit:

WAIT

would anyone from the west side be going because getting home afterwards would be a concern if by some freak chance i made it there
Tekkie your house is by Paseo right? I live on the westside homie G, I can give you a ride home. No ****ing charge cause your Wolf is my hero and your EVERYWHERE in G2 replays. *******.

tekkie

Smash Master
alright here's what's up

tomorrow i need to move ****heads out of their apartments until around 7 or so. my stepdad offered a ride to ABQ but he can't be here longer than early afternoon so that won't work. two friends of mine came down to visit and were gonna stay an extra day but one has ****ty **** **** orientation at unm tomorrow so they left tonight. i can get up there tomorrow but much later.

THUS, sunday is my LAST CHANCE

:phone:

Napos

Smash Ace
A penis problem should never be taken lightly

Great Tournament yesterday guys, I know what habits I need to break.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Check out the Apex brawl rules set guys:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat
Counter Picks:

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon

Rules

3 Stock
8 min. time limit
Ledge grab limit: 35
No Items
Double Elimination
All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
Mk’s Infinite cape is BANNED
DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
so tekkie comes into town for a bit tomorrow. is there any way we could arrange some smash to occur? i can host, but not past 8 :(, so we should get something going on earlier in the day!

tekkie

Smash Master
i am in town. in abq. west side. you all know.

tomorrow i'm rock climbing until maybe 2 or 3, hopefully not much longer. i just got a new controller. someone please host tomorrow if possible. this is my last week in ABQ before RA training and then school. it's the last chance i have to play smash, in addition to being in ABQ in general, for a while. it's back to the grind rapefest after this.

obviously i'll be trying to get back up here but what with **** TONS of school work to do, a job, and difficult transportation it'll be rare and when it happens it'll take a crap ton of work to get done. (like i'll be doing for devastation!)

i can't do anything else about what happens tomorrow. THE REST IS IN YOUR HANDS

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
i could host today, but only if no one else wants to or cant

seeing as how i live a little far away from some of you

but if you guys are willing to drive down here then i'll definitely host

let me know

Dekar173

Justice Man
Oh how work keeps me down.

Kind of lame everyone ignored Paul's post.

Anyway, I've uploaded quite a few vids from Friday, and I'm going to upload more. I'll be constantly uploading vids from fests/tourney blahblahblah so if you want to be critiqued, post your vids up on their respective character boards and there's bound to be one goon or two who will critique it for you all day long.

Napos

Smash Ace
Yeah I was busy all day today so I couldn't have gone nor hosted any sorta thing. I hope you got to smash it up Tekkie.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I recorded some videos of Metaknights having a stage hazard floating around attacking them on their team, not sure if I caught your zelda though.

tekkie

Smash Master
naw i didnt play smash yesterday, but i have time to indoctrinate some new punching bags at my school before devastation. my little sister likes smash, i'll just teach her to instant throw and glide toss backwards and it'll basically be like playing dekar :awesome:

Napos

Smash Ace
SO..I got a call for another interview, If I get that job I'll see what my schedule is so I can let you guys know about my ability to drive us out to Devastation.

Top Bottom