• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Man, I was so proud to see 06-10-2011 for my "You last visited" date. I don't think my inactivity on Smash World Forums has ever been greater than one week for any given period of time for the last four years. I WAS SO ADDICTED MAN :awesome:

All right, here's the lowdown on GENESIS2. Upon hearing about New Mexico's sustained interest in GENESIS and pitying our desperate Russian friend, Ian, I officially told him I would drive there two weeks ago. But for some stupid reason, we have NOT DONE ANY PLANNING for the last two weeks until now (I think because Ian was afraid you guys wouldn't take his announcement seriously?) :glare:
So, even though I charged Ian with every organizational responsibility, I'll have to apologize on his behalf for this ridiculously last-minute planning.

OFFICIAL GENESIS2 THREAD WITH EVERYTHING WE'LL EVER ****ING NEED

My car is confirmed. If someone else volunteers to drive, however, like Erich (?), then I will not go.

1. BE AVAILABLE
We will leave EARLY EARLY EARLY Thursday, July 14, at around 6:00 am from some undetermined location in ABQ and return late into the night (after midnight) on MONDAY, July 18, 2011. Ask for work off/school off/your parents' permission ASAP.

I don't know what the hell Ian is talking about in returning Sunday morning; that's not going to happen. Ian, I am going to approach this OOS trip with an all-or-none principle behind it. If you can't get work off for Sunday afternoon, then you won't go. I'm not letting you jeopardize the opportunity for everyone else.

2. REGISTER

Registration closes this Thursday, June 30. If you do not register, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN ANY EVENT!
A driver is confirmed, so you won't be wasting your money.

3. HOUSING
According to the website, all hotel rooms are already sold out. There might be a few extra suite options available still, but those are retardedly expensive. CHECK THIS WEBSITE for California smashers who may be willing to house. I don't have time to plan this out; someone else MUST take care of this for me. Ian, I'm looking at you. Don't fail us.

4. HAVE MONEY
I'm making this post right before getting dressed for this random-*** chemistry class I'm taking this summer, so I really don't have time to make the estimate. Walker's already done it, the twins have already done it, and hell, I think Ian has even done it. Search the old post history yourself. Alternatively, calculate it out yourself.

You need to factor in (1) fuel cost, (2) food costs, (3) hotel costs, and (4) tourney registration fees. This will be in excess of $200; I can say that off the top of my head.
The more, the better.

List of NM Hopefuls:
Ian (Eikelmann)
Walker (Tarmogoyf)
Niall (tekkie)
Victor (VICTR) -> Please, get me your contact information ASAP. My number is (505) 400 - 9215.
Erich (Erich) ?
Paul (Alphabravo) ? -> I'd be surprised, honestly.

Anyone else I forgot?

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
DAMN YOU NEIL. I only made plans to not go to Genesis because I thought you weren't going!!! Text me some time soon!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Guys believe me when I tell you not to leave Thursday. Leave Wednesday. If you leave Thursday then you won't show up till Friday morning (which is when the tourney starts...)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Heads up, as I said before, this is over a 20 hour drive. Neil, you should remember it from last time lol :D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Walker, this is my favorite magic card

It's the best card, right? right. Good. Use it in tourney for me please.

Napos

Smash Ace
Alright! Good to finally see some Organization here! Thank you much! Neil, I just sent you a text with all the information you'll need. If you need my address as well just send me a text asking for it. Now...I say we confirm who is all going for SURE! And when you confirm, you are also stating that you will have at LEAST 200$ with you for Gas, housing(If we stay at the hotel with those dudes that have room), food for your self..etc etc. ALSO you have WED July 13th-Monday July 18th Off from school,work, parents, girlfriends etc etc.

I say we reply on this thread with these words so we know(as well as Neil) who is in:

VICTR IS CONFIRMED.

There should also be a deadline...I'll leave that up to the driver.

So please!!please!please! use the word CONFIRMED in your next post or asap so we all know who is going!

BTW I am super excited for this, this will be my first national. I am fairly new and I want to thank you guys for being so ****ing kind to me and my buds. I look forward to the future and smash 4!!!!!!

I'm talking to a guy who would have room in one of his hotel suites for extra NM smashers. If you guys are going let me know now so I can confirm with him.
OK, SO....We know at least four of us are going, Can you ask the guy Twin_A(Sorry don't know your name) If he can house 5 NM smashers? I figure give a bigger number for, It is easier to take away then add. So Can you let us know asap if he can house us?Also If it will cost money?

I work every day except Friday. I too, would like a fest kind and just sir.
Yes! Now for future reference is Issaccard's place the designated fest place? Cause I don't mind hosting?

Last but not least, Hell yes.:woman:

I'm not going unless Paul is going. And that's all I have to say on the subject.

I also have a lot to save up for this summer...things have come up in my life that must be attended to. :/

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
it's ****ing ISACCARD.

nah not really i mean yeah i hold fests a lot but only because not a lot of people do. if you wanna hold fests, DO IT!

tw1n

Smash Champion
OK, SO....We know at least four of us are going, Can you ask the guy Twin_A(Sorry don't know your name) If he can house 5 NM smashers? I figure give a bigger number for, It is easier to take away then add. So Can you let us know asap if he can house us?Also If it will cost money?
yes the rooming will cost money bro. Save up a decent amount. Not sure how much he will charge but expect something along the lines of $15 - $20 per night.

Can't wait to meet you finally haha :D Genesis2 is gonna be freakin amazing.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Again if you guys need another driver Lewis is available. However he won't have money to contribute, but having another driver to ease the burden from Neil and Victr may very well be worth it. If you think it's not worth it then no worries, but otherwise let us know k :D

Napos

Smash Ace
it's ****ing ISACCARD.

nah not really i mean yeah i hold fests a lot but only because not a lot of people do. if you wanna hold fests, DO IT!
Ah well whatever works! I want to have like a monthly fest, I think that would be bangin.

yes the rooming will cost money bro. Save up a decent amount. Not sure how much he will charge but expect something along the lines of $15 - $20 per night.

Can't wait to meet you finally haha :D Genesis2 is gonna be freakin amazing.
Yeah same here! I didn't get a chance to meet you guys during the Tourney here last month.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'm pre reged for genesis. confirmed and all that.

I don't have internet right now, so if you need to talk about the trip, call/text me. I have to use my ds and work for internet

Glide

Smash Ace
Going alright. A bit late to the party though I suppose. I'll be keeping an eye out here for events and information. Eager to meet the NM crew.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
i can't hold a fest today. sorry pat :(

gonna shoot for tomorrow at around four if people are down. walker if you come can you bring the cube?

Top Bottom