• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Jacksonville, FL Thread (for the advancement of Jax's skill level)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I did have a great thanksgiving, how about you? Is this "Free-money"? Do you have multiple accounts? Why are you up at 4 am in the morning posting on smash boards? lol jk. Can't wait for underground alley tournament.

Gmoney08

Smash Rookie
GEOFF YOU CHROMOSOMAL ******

but yea that's good. Mine was satisfactory

i made this account as a throwback/joke

i'm up b/c my sleep schedule is ****ed and i have swimmer's ear right now which hurts like a *****

see you there!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Mix up your insults *****. You use that one too much.

lol jk "Geoff".

NOOOOOOO WHEYYYYYYYY My sleep schedule is ****ed up to.

PS its also really ****ing weird how sax sent me a pm and then you reply to me right after I recieve his pm.

If I do end up facing you in finals "Geoff" I will try to give you a good match. Its not ****ing guaranteed. That reminds me. I need to look up best stages to play against snake.

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Skill for advancement for Jacksonville is funny. I'll see whoever shows up to the tournament on December 3rd. Just don't get salty. Jacksonville is full of Morton's. Does anyone have a data for melee that I can copy to my memory card? I really don't feel like unlocking all of the characters again and my file got corrupted.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Dayum. 2nd tournament lost to the same character..... PEACH!!!! :(.

Trying to figure out a good way to take down peach...... Well I know one way... Don't mess up my damn grabs.

Gmoney08

Smash Rookie
poor mike

i get back on the 28 or 29

there will be a viewing party at my place for apex

also i'll be playing most nights once i get back (just call -- pm'ing my #)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
viewing party? Who is gonna be there?

K I guess I'll call.

butt are you sure u want an ice climbers fagit to be at that party?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
GoofBall 0_0. I wanted to ask u if u could help me improve my peach. This is mike the one who you thought was in love with you -___________-.

I'm trying to learn Bonewalking. Its really freaking difficult without b-sticking and I've noticed that there are different ways to do it. If you know anything help me out... pls

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
I can play you, that's about it. I'm a horrible coach, but if you pick up things from example then it could be beneficial.
But I suggest you learn her basic characteristics before techniques like that.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
She's floaty, uhh, some of her moves cause her to slide like her dtilt. I can do the bonewalk its just hard to do. Her bair and nair will hit twice when the float is canceled and timed right. Her side special is ****ty. She can't grab the ledge backwards while she is floating with the parasol. You have to free fall to grab the ledge backwards. What moar do I need to know. I've been reading her basic stuff here on the forums. Her side special can be used for mindgames and grabbing the ledge with a sweet spot.

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
hey guys, just wanna say i got into UNF and will be up there for the next 4 years, and i wanna get into the smash scene. i never have really gotten into a smash scene before, but do to placing second at a UF tourney i want to get into it more. yes there were some people who are part of the boards there. in case y'all think im some crazy rookie who just got a lucky draw in the bracket, my bro happens to be Exarch so i know a little bit about the game; but not much.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
welcome to unf. If u want to play people in smash bros melee/brawl go to the unf game room. The game room is located in the student union. Melee people are generally at the tvs near the front desk while the brawl players are over in the back where the wiis are.

Most of the time people play Free for all or teams. Its rare that u get to play 1v1. I hope u get aqucainted with everyone. There are some really good(at the game)/nice people that go there like gizz-money/sax.

I'm the ****ty *** ICs main that everybody hates. So if u ever see me and u happen to see 1v1 battles and someone is playing ICs with mega ******ry then it will most likely me :).

Hope I get to see u. U must be really good to have placed 2nd in a tourney at UF in gainsville. ;)

PS: If u end up facing me and I'm picking ICs just tell me u don't want me to use them and I will pick a different character :D or u can press pause during my cg and that effs up my cgs :D XD DX.

Syphtan

Smash Rookie
My term starts summer of 2012 sooooo yea that's when ill be seeing y'all, I play melee but I will play brawl if needed. I'll just go GW when you go ICs, imma love me that game and watch :D

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
no its all good hahaha. U wiill have to get use to doosh baggery if u want to play at unf. I mainly play brawl, I do kind of want to try and learn how to play melee. Ur not the doosh I'm da supa doosh. I mean c'mon. I told u I use ics like a *** :troll:.

Eh u will see why everybody hates me at unf gameroom. I suck at brawl, suck at melee, suck at teams, and suck at life. LMAO :D :troll:. Also u should be worried. I mean u do know unf is at jacksonville right o_0? :troll: I'm just kidding, as long as u don't play like a *** (lIke me) u will get along fine there with everyone).

But u do have *** canceling at your disposal (just reminding u). Press start during a cg. The only wait to beat ******ry is with ******ry.

"Chain Grabbing with Ice Climbers is as disrespectful as pressing Start" quoted g-someone pls touch me in my happy spotmoney. U will know who this guy is once u get ur *** kicked and then tells u how much u suck. Nice guy :) (when hes not drunk)

VampDude

Smash Rookie
I live in the Cove at UNF. I'm a casual looking to be something more. Anyone go here willing to become a coach of-sorts?

Gmoney08

Smash Rookie
hey, sypthan, don't worry about a thing. summer is prolly gonna be really slow for anything smash-related (even slower than it usually is). exarch is cool. don't be too hype (jax scene is supersupersuper dead most of the time)

vampdude, just go to the gameroom and chill there. i'm pretty good at breaking down important concepts/coaching (btw sax and i are prolly traveling on the 25th... i think... so you're welcome to tag along/carpool)

sorry this is late; btw i don't really play much anymore unless sax is traveling or there's a local tourney (which atm seems like there won't be for quite some time..... local scene sucks so much *** at supporting their own tournaments)

mike wtf goes on in your head

SAX

Smash Ace
My term starts summer of 2012 sooooo yea that's when ill be seeing y'all, I play melee but I will play brawl if needed. I'll just go GW when you go ICs, imma love me that game and watch :D
Not a Melee player, But I play brawl and I'll be staying one of the summer courses. You can pm me your contact info and we could smash some over the summer no homo lol.

Me and Gmoney Kind of the heart of brawl players here, and Gage and Gmoney are the heart of Melee haha. We're currently trying to build the brawl scene, but more melee players aren't bad either. It'll be nice to meet you! and Welcome!

SAX

Smash Ace
I live in the Cove at UNF. I'm a casual looking to be something more. Anyone go here willing to become a coach of-sorts?
I know you bro, I never see you too often though. Just come out more often and I could sit you down in 1v1's and help you more.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
-_______________-

All the attention goes to jacksonville. Poor Orange Park means nothing to people.

UNF is tooo DAMN FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too mut gas money $$$ :mad:

we need moar tournaments :D !!!!!!

*IDEA!!!!*

We can make Jacksonville more popular to the floridian smash community.

All we need is Smash and ****. SmashTits.

PS: Stupid info: There are 2 companies that have "apex" in its name here in Orange Park. APEX exists in Orange Park. Nao where are all the good smash people :mad:?

ShinChan92

Smash Cadet
lolol I wouldn't be too worried about being good at it! We should practice together but to be honest, I'm not much of a regular Brawl fan. I mean, I like the game for what it is and it's a good game in its own right, but I'm not sure how I feel about it's competitive scene :/ I specifically live in Fleming Island but it's still the OP area and I'm only 15-20 min away max depending on where you come in from

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I went to fleming Island High :p. Eh most people would disagree with u, people find melee to be a better game. I'm trying to find people that I can car pool with to a tourney but smash is too dead here and nobody wants to travel anymore :p.

HAHAHAHA XD

WEll **** it then. XD

I know there is this place called the Underground Alley where there was a smash tournament at but I don't know if people go there to play brawl that often.

ShinChan92

Smash Cadet
I went to fleming Island High :p. Eh most people would disagree with u, people find melee to be a better game. I'm trying to find people that I can car pool with to a tourney but smash is too dead here and nobody wants to travel anymore :p.

HAHAHAHA XD

WEll **** it then. XD

I know there is this place called the Underground Alley where there was a smash tournament at but I don't know if people go there to play brawl that often.
Wowzers, you went to FIHS too?! Were you Class of '11 like me? :D Don't get me wrong lol I think Brawl as a competitive game is nowhere NEAR as accomplished as Melee. I like the fast paced action and combos of melee. I actually have my wii modded and I usually play Brawl+ or Project: M. I get ya, no one likes traveling anymore especially in this terribad economy

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Graduated in 09. Yea melee seems fun, i'm trying to get into it. I normally just play regular brawl except when someone brings brawl minus :p.

ShinChan92

Smash Cadet
I've never played Brawl- before lol It looks insane at least from what I've seen on youtube. We should arrange a hangout sesh so we can Brawl. It's always nice when there's another player in your area

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Well I'm having Brawl. Melee & Gville coming 2 my tourney and PROBABLY Panama if I can contact Zone

:sonic:

COME DAMNIT!!!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
@Shin: Yea but u don't wanna play me. I play like a faq. Its just how I enjoy the game :p :mad: :troll: :) oh and I suck bad at that game :p

@B_AWAL: Too mut gas money. I would if there was someone here I could car pool with. brawl being dead = nobody wanting to travel. oh well, fack it then XD

maybe when I can find people who want to go I would go.

PS: If ur looking for Sax & Gmoney to come chances are they will not. They have moved on to bigger better things than this spammy game that I love. :embarrass::embarrass::embarrass::embarrass:

Top Bottom