• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Jacksonville, FL Thread (for the advancement of Jax's skill level)

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
There was a lot of drama. Recommended to not read into the first 5 posts. Posts that were not overly offensive still remain.

This thread is for the advancement of Jax's skill level in smash games and to coordinate fests/tournaments/travel, etc.

Feel free to post and have fun!

Upcoming local events:

--PWN or die! in late October: charity event which means a possibly "low" prize pool (main focus is to raise money for charity); atm Brawl-only.... tell me if you want melee (*various other gaming events as well). More info to be posted as it is made available

--daily weekday fests to be expected b/w classes at UNF's gameroom (feel free to ask for directions if you don't know where it is)

-Geoff/Gmoney/John Connor/SandTRU

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I've been good. Changed major so a bit behind, but still no debt. I don't play Smash on the regular at all (on that StarCraft nowadays). I might (BIG might) get back into it and/or travel a bit if any new blood (freshmen) coming to UNF really want to.

How are things going for you? Heard you're playing MK? Good choice lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
listen homie, if this thread about jax isn't run by marsfool it ain't really a jax thread.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I've been good. Changed major so a bit behind, but still no debt. I don't play Smash on the regular at all (on that StarCraft nowadays). I might (BIG might) get back into it and/or travel a bit if any new blood (freshmen) coming to UNF really want to.

How are things going for you? Heard you're playing MK? Good choice lol.
Mk is where its at, but nah i dont even play brawl anymore. Im about to go back to school myself gonna be signing up for the fall semester. Yo we need to chill and reminiscence about the ol days lol

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Can't blame you. Game is awful. Still into 2D fighters and ****?

What place and major? Good to hear.

I'd be down to chill. 08-09 feels like forever ago (but what a great time even with the drama). You're still in South FL, right? Doubtful I'd ever need to go down there... There's a chance some newer players may want to travel. We'll see...

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol 2link. Idk you but thanks

Jax has been around. Just no one travels. People still play both games at least semi-daily at UNF (even when it's hella dead like this summer).

With SAX/goofball(? only remembered his real name) coming here for school in the Fall, your friend shouldn't have too much trouble having some enjoyable games in brawl/melee or finding people to carpool with to travel.

there's a charity gaming event in the works for October as well (can't say much). Prolly not gonna be any kind of big prize, but it should be quite enjoyable.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Brawl/Melee fests daily at UNF (edit: i'll be more accurate and say "semi-daily")

Charity tourney in October

Travel assuming people want to

That's it.

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
why does geoff this he runs the show in jax?

jw...

:urg:

-CoolCat

Thanks for the New Smash tag Geoff

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Re: Runs the show?

Dear Mr. Brian E.:

Runs the show? I would not say that. I am honestly only playing either smash right now for other people. But I am dedicated to later watching those few succeed.

It was asked what events should be expected in Jax this fall and I gave the complete answer (on the same day).

If you want to actually do something for Jax this fall (and "run the show"), then be my guest. If, for some reason, you do not want Jax to succeed because of some weird mentality due to my involvement, then my answer is simple. **** you, and stay out of the way. Thanks.

Respectfully,

3-DGeoff
The Commissioner of the Internet Smash Police

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Brian we don't really play anymore FOR SUPER OBVIOUS REASONS, but if you're back in Jax hit me up. Facebook bc I don't even bother with swf that much.

:phone:

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
Brian we don't really play anymore FOR SUPER OBVIOUS REASONS, but if you're back in Jax hit me up. Facebook bc I don't even bother with swf that much.

aight

geoff sounds so kool on the forums, good thing trolling ends after the computer is off.

BRIANis2GOOD

Smash Rookie
You are missing the point, Brian. Good thing you have the honestly and social skills of an 11-year-old Hitler youth in real life.
lol, why u so mad geoff?

is it that no one likes u and u have to resort to acting tuff on the forums?

we dont invite u to play smash for a reason.

this quote is why.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Not mad. It's just kinda pathetic when people are either not honest with themselves or others.

I flick you off, call you a ***** and am genuinely unpleasant towards you constantly in real life for a variety of reasons (primarily because you are just not a very genuine person). I don't see how I'm acting "tuff" on the boards when I act the exact same towards you in all situations.

You and anyone else can have their opinion of me whether it be positive or (more than likely) negative. But I do speak and act in very genuine ways instead of being hella grimy and then choking up over simple questions.

You not "inviting" me to play would make a lot more sense as an insult if I were to actually want to play the game with you. What do I have to gain? You are not very adept at the game and your personal character is beyond atrocious.

It is pretty bad when I get texts from people who are supposedly your friends telling me how much a moron you are in all-caps.

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Damn! What's with all of the saltiness? Well, I know why I don't get invited to these smashfest (if there are anymore). Geoff, are you still playing when you come back? And sorry, but WTF is the smash police? LOL!

Gahtzu

Smash Journeyman
Melee seems to be rising again.
With the WATO series cancelled all of CFL has been brainstorming ideas to revamp the scene in FL as a whole. We're planning on making NLL > Gigabits and have spoken to the owners and have their full support, especially since NLL will be moving to a similar location but with twice the venue size.
NFL regathering itself here is looking good so far even with the apparent rocky start IMO. Gmoney I think you should post EVERYTIME you're going to be smashing. People may be reluctant to show up the first few fests but it will inevitably grow and be only time until everyone else hops on the bandwagon.
I'll try to show up when I'm in town, but sometimes it's hard to allocate time for smash amongst parents/girlfriend/other friends.
This being said, my fellow Jacksonvillains please stay strong, keep training and ponder on ways to get better when you're not in the lab. Stop the hate and start the ****.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Sup Jason B.! There aren't as many "fests" going on and def. won't be now until Fall starts in about 2.5 weeks. I've been in Jax for about a month for summer semester, but my play was pretty much limited to before/after class. The only people that played smash on the regular were adnan/gage/me. I'd play some games before Fall but i'm stayin at a friend's appt. for a bit and don't have a cube/game (so the scheduling would be diff.). Smash police was a joke me and some friends came up with when drinking/on skype. Some people took it quite serious it seems. How've you been tho, man? I hope everything is well. Watch EVO btw?

Jason D., I'm not gonna post every time I play the ****ing game. People can call/txt or show up at the gameroom. I don't play much as it is and I certainly am cutting back more and more for SC2. I will be playing mostly Brawl in the Fall to help the new freshmen because they actually travel. I'm not gonna host anything besides a charity tournament in Oct. (prolly for brawl.... melee might be involved if interest is high enough).

Hypnotic Disciple

Smash Cadet
Sup Jason B.! There aren't as many "fests" going on and def. won't be now until Fall starts in about 2.5 weeks. I've been in Jax for about a month for summer semester, but my play was pretty much limited to before/after class. The only people that played smash on the regular were adnan/gage/me. I'd play some games before Fall but i'm stayin at a friend's appt. for a bit and don't have a cube/game (so the scheduling would be diff.). Smash police was a joke me and some friends came up with when drinking/on skype. Some people took it quite serious it seems. How've you been tho, man? I hope everything is well. Watch EVO btw?

Jason D., I'm not gonna post every time I play the ****ing game. People can call or show up at the gameroom. I don't play much as it is and I certainly am cutting back more and more for SC2. I will be playing mostly Brawl in the Fall to help the new freshmen because they actually travel. I'm not gonna host anything besides a charity tournament in Oct. (prolly for brawl.... melee might be involved if interest is high enough).
Yeah, I watched some of the EVO. Only MK9 and some of SSF4AE and MvC3 matches. The only one I cared for was MK9 and it was pretty good IMO.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Yeah, I watched some of the EVO. Only MK9 and some of SSF4AE and MvC3 matches. The only one I cared for was MK9 and it was pretty good IMO.
Tru I saw a bit of that. Nightwolf or w/e looked pretty damn good (i'm assuming they nerfed kung lao). Saw a guy from GA playing pretty deep in bracket so that was cool.

17fca

Smash Rookie
Some serious high school **** going down in here.

Anyway, I'll be on the scene starting this semester. I'll probably be chilling at the UNF game room if I don't have anything better to do. Coming from out of town so Geoff is probably the only person that knows/remembers me. Brawl shouldn't be too hard to get back into but Melee is gonna take me a bit and I'm honestly not going to dedicate myself to the game like I used to. Just letting you guys know there's one more option for dudes to play with.

Top Bottom