• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC infinate NPCing

Nakamaru

Smash Master
You did it for your own personal aggrandizement in an attempt to taunt the board.

"I know something awesome and I'm not gonna tell you! LOLZ."

I'll call you on it whenever I **** well please. If you don't plan to tell anybody how to do it, why draw attention to it in the first place?
I tell friends about it. No a-holes like you.

RPK

Smash Lord
Well what people could have done is that instead of waiting for a reply is look up the technique themselves. Only thing he didnt disclose to the board is how to jab cancel. Thats it! Thats all he didnt say. Even though there MIGHT be more to it, he explained the jist of it in his first post if you read correctly. Its technically the same as wobbling except instead of nana doing a f-tilt you have her jab cancel instead. Seriously, what else is there to it? I doubt there is anything more to it then just having popo head but and nana jab cancel.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
He said there was a very easy way to do rapid jab cancels--the trick is holding down and back while you press A. For whatever reason it makes you buffer a crouch without forcing you to tilt behind you OR down. This would make a jab-cancel infinite feasible, and much simpler.

And it's a great idea, don't get me wrong. But...

1: People were talking about the hard way and he trolled the thread to tell us how easy it was.

2: This very same trick was posted two weeks ago by speedsk8er. It's still on the front page of the board.

3: Nakamaru, answer the question: if you don't plan to tell us how to do it, why even bring it up, if not to make yourself feel powerful?

Well, regardless, I apologize for my rudeness. I would still appreciate it if you answered my question, however.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
3: Nakamaru, answer the question: if you don't plan to tell us how to do it, why even bring it up, if not to make yourself feel powerful?

Well, regardless, I apologize for my rudeness. I would still appreciate it if you answered my question, however.
I was wondering this myself.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
1: We can't "look at this" if we don't understand your methodology.

2: Congratulations, you confirmed my original hypothesis: you were doing it to try and look cool and feel good while making people beg you for an explanation.

3: You failed.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao @ Wobbles being called an A**hole. Rob is one of the coolest people I have met at a tournament before and fun to be around.

Nakamaru on the other hand, strikes me as arrogant.

Wobbles - 1

Nakamaru - 0

Either way, I don't know Nakamaru..so I'm just basing my opinon off of him by his posts in this thread. No hate :).

And I will try this later :). Maybe I will do it on someone at the MGC finals lol.

Renth

Smash Hero
We originally made the video because everyone in the area we live have been going off on how hard Jab Canceling is. After 5 minutes of sitting with Naka found an easier way to do it. ::hold the position then start jabbing not jab then angel:: Regardless whether it was already known or not it was the idea that everyone was making a big deal out of how hard it was.

The infinite it's self however is clearly noticed in the video and it did not need explaination it's clearly being used from jab canceling the only thing he didn't disclose was how to do easier jab cancels which it seems was already known by a small-margin of smashers. I only say this because still in this area people make a big deal about jab canceling being somewhat difficult because they start the jabs first.

Yes Wobbles, he probably should have discussed how to do the easier jab cancels but it shouldn't be that big of a deal because you can see how the infinite is done regardless of knowing how to do the "simplier cancels." He wasn't doing it to "look cool" or feel good about himself. I know him very well in person he doesn't care about things like that.

Just take it down a notch wobbz he didn't mean to spark any type of hate or confusion i was going to give him the instructional video we made together by showing how to angel the job stick and the timings for the jabs but after .Neal. had already announced how to do it i felt the video was no longer useful. So we had every intention of showing how to do the type i just hadn't gotten the video to him yet.

Please take it down a bit guys?

D

Deleted member

yeah good job naka, way to with-hold secrets like a jerk. All those starved hobos. More like another reason for ICs to WD shield camp so they can do another gayer version of the first tactic, which should have been banned anyway. I can just see all the starved IC homos reading this, "Man I wanna gay someone with this really bad. I can't wait to watch my opponent ruining his controller trying to avoid my gayness."

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Any technique used to hitstun the opponent permanently to keep them in the grab is still wobbling in my book.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm going to laugh at you all when I find a Fox or Pit infinite in Brawl and release knowledge on how to do it by ****** you all with it online only to find you aren't skilled enough to do it and then Chu's gonna wobble me online to 1500% like he did at my house in a friendly that jerk and everyone's gonna copy him and I'll be sad inside.

Binx

Smash Master
Has anyone ever just wobbled someone on the first stock for 8 minutes? I know it would be considered stalling and illegal, also cheap and ******** and I would definitely ban it but I am just curious, cause on one hand it would be kind of funny.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Has anyone ever just wobbled someone on the first stock for 8 minutes? I know it would be considered stalling and illegal, also cheap and ******** and I would definitely ban it but I am just curious, cause on one hand it would be kind of funny.
There's no way anyone would just let you wobble for 8 minutes, then say, "Well, you sure won that one fair and square. I choose Poke Floats, are you staying?"

People would pause -> quit the match, or they'd unplug their controllers and leave. Either way you would still look like a dewsh.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
yeah good job naka, way to with-hold secrets like a jerk. All those starved hobos. More like another reason for ICs to WD shield camp so they can do another gayer version of the first tactic, which should have been banned anyway. I can just see all the starved IC homos reading this, "Man I wanna gay someone with this really bad. I can't wait to watch my opponent ruining his controller trying to avoid my gayness."
I don't think I've ever seen you make a constructive post. Way to keep the legend alive!

D

Deleted member

let's review. m2k is marth vs any said fox or falco on FD on a day he's playing well. He grabs you, you die. Now let's make it any stage, and vs any character, and remove the ability to ban the stage where this is effective. Then, while we're at it, let's remove any reasonable level of skill required to do the deathgrab too. For the sake of arguement, let's make the character that can do said technique unable to be effectively grabbed back about 50% of the time. That is the essence of wobbling, and it should have been completely banned a long time ago. It's so poorly balanced, about 75% of tournaments I've been to in the past year have banned it anyway. So someone found an easier, more effective way of doing it, and you get bitter about them not releasing the exact procedure to do it because they don't have the resources yet. Wobbling should never have seen tournament play in the first place, but to refute me you take it upon yourself to attack me completely unrelated to the topic at hand. The video that they did was also posted on the 24th, before you posted, you that just means you're too lazy to watch it a couple times and figure it out. But you attacked naka as well. Good job.

Let's review wobbling for tournament purposes. Wobbling is so douchy, even Chu won't do it with thousands of dollars on the line. The only other IC player that gets any real credit for tournament placings is you, which means you're the only player that is douchebag enough to consistently use the grab infinite in tournaments. Way to keep the legend alive! If you're the ideal of constructive, I'll pass.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
::whistles::

Umbreon, I'm going to dissect your post piece by piece. I hope you enjoy it.

Point one: You've greatly exaggerated the "ease" with which the IC grab infinite is executed. You act like grabs just mystically happen.

So let's just examine the very basis of play AGAINST the IC's.

Rule 1: Separate the IC's and kill Nana early. This is considered the most efficient way of fighting the IC's, and guess what, is the obvious counter to a technique that relies on Nana's immediate presence. So you were already fighting the infinite before you knew I planned to do it.

Rule 2: Don't get grabbed. The IC's have a powerful grab game that you are, at any given moment, basing almost your entire game around avoiding.

Rule 3: Shield camping is only effective as long as you can get your opponent to space moves poorly against your shield. Combine the fact that most characters can happily outrange the IC's mediocre grab range with good spacing and the fact that they slide like a ***** when you hit their shield, shieldgrabbing only works against people with bad spacing.

So your basis of play against IC's, if you're playing against them correctly, is the very counter to the infinite. If I'm getting these super easy grabs, then you're fighting me wrong. You would probably lose regardless of the chaingrabs I used.

I'm not disputing that it's powerful, but you act like the IC player gets grabs every time he blinks. He doesn't. At least, not if you're playing against him properly.

So, NEXT point. As for Nakamaru, I was angry that he posts about a technique then decides not to tell people how to do it. If you don't know the easier method of jab canceling, his technique would be absolutely infuriating to perform. He repeatedly said he wouldn't tell anybody.

"Means" of explaining it consisted of a short post that Neal managed in under twenty s. Yet Naka insisted on hiding it, for God knows whatever reason. That's what I attacked.

I don't care if his method is "easier," because it was also ALREADY posted. If I was bitter, I would have attacked the technique. Instead, I targeted the way he posted and hid information from the board. You'll also note that I apologized for my rudeness. Then again, I undid that by being rude again, so I guess I was being something of an ******* again.

Let's move on.

If you knew anything about me, and you obviously DON'T, you'd know that almost all my posts concerning gameplay are lengthy and tailored to conveying as much information as possible. People make fun of me for my sometimes overly lengthy essays.

YOUR post consisted of pointless flaming, repeated sexual slurs, and nothing worth mentioning beyond an example of how not to post in an intelligent forum.

In fact, as long as you're criticizing people for irrelevant personal attacks, consider what YOU just said to ME. Instead of targeting my myriad posts in which I do my best to explain every ounce of knowledge I have, you begin and end your argument with "douchiness." You target my style of play as being "douchy." I'm a "douchebag."

By the way, my style of play is not a post! So saying you'll pass on my style of play has nothing to do with me attacking your worthless wastes of bandwidth.

You shared nothing worthwhile to the topic at hand with YOUR post, however, so I felt absolutely no compunction in calling you out on it. If your previous post is any indication of your posting habits--and from what I've seen in my past three years on the board, it most definitely is--then you are a blight on this community.

By the way, dumb****, since so many tournaments seem to ban my namesake move, wouldn't that mean I'm placing WITHOUT it? DURR, LOGIC IS FOR WINNERS.

The above sentence is incredibly rude, but I think you warranted it.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
But why, when it's as easy as...

What gives? Apparently the methodology is incredibly simple and takes, oh golly, five seconds to type an explanation of it. In fact, it would take even more effort and be even harder to convey using a video.
Wobbles wins the intrawebs for using the word 'golly'.

Infinite cool points, Rob.

Renth

Smash Hero
Meh, can this topic die now?
exactly. ^^^

Wobbles it seemed you only posted in this topic to be a jerk i'm not going to sink to everyone elses level here and insult everyone at random. He only was having fun with the idea because i didn't send him the intructional video yet which i won't now because everything has been explained and is no longer necessary. Regardless to whether it was discovered or not that gave you no right to come in and attack his morals saying **** like holding a piece of meat around a bunch of hobos or some other stupid saying that made no sense and was completely unnecessary.

UmbreonMow comes and explains how wobbling shouldn't of been tournament legal in the first place and rather than looking at his post and trying to argue points. You just say WOW! a constructive post don't let the legend die or something stupid like that. I take part of that back you did start to argue small points like it's hard to grab with the ice climbers... :laugh: but only after you decided to attack Umbreons intelligence.

A lot of people put a lot of hard work into their game making new styles, trying their best at tournaments, but most importantly having fun with the game. I don't understand how something like 0 - death grabbing could be fun for anyone. It sucks the majority of the fun out of the game and completely cripples everything people love about the game and takes away from the years that they put into the game. However i don't give a rats *** if it gets banned or not.

The point is you just randomly insist on flaming people anytime they chime in with any type of arguement. Rather than saying Naka the way you went around discussing this topic and/or releasing this technique was wrong, you decide to attack his moral character and make him out to be a complete *** which also who cares this is a video game not life. UmbreonMow comes and argues why wobbling shouldn't be tournament legal and before you discussed his side of it you insulted his intelligence.

By the way, my style of play is not a post! So saying you'll pass on my style of play has nothing to do with me attacking your worthless wastes of bandwidth.
saying things like that are completely unnecessary you said it for the specific reason of being a d!ick and nothing more.

So, NEXT point. As for Nakamaru, I was angry that he posts about a technique then decides not to tell people how to do it. If you don't know the easier method of jab canceling, his technique would be absolutely infuriating to perform. He repeatedly said he wouldn't tell anybody.
I was giving him the instructional video he was having fun in the meantime way to be a an ***

By the way, dumb****, since so many tournaments seem to ban my namesake move, wouldn't that mean I'm placing WITHOUT it? DURR, LOGIC IS FOR WINNERS.

The above sentence is incredibly rude, but I think you warranted it.
it was incredibly rude it was just another attack on his character. It seems you spend more time attacking people than talking about the topic at hand. You are the full defination of an a$shole.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
@speedsk8ter: yes, i sorta am. GS.C 4 life!

@UmbroenMow: If you wanna ***** about wobbles, talk to someone who a) cares or b) is posting in one of the numerous threads already made about wobbles.

@renthe: despite the civil way you worded your post, in essence your still talking **** to wobbles. what it comes down to is you sticking up for your friend which biases everything you said. however realize this, you and others are complainging how this game can be no fun if there are infinites. stop being so ****ing igonrant. do you really not understand how hard it is to ACTUALLY get grabs AND have nana close enough by to succeed in said grab combos? I can't even count how many times its been mentioned then when you fight the IC's you have 3 main goals. 1) kill nana, 2) dont get grabbed 3) kill popo. think about that for moment.

So if you really think fighting the IC's is taking the fun out of the game because they have a slim chance of getting an infinite, then you either need to start approaching them differently or stop playing smash altogether.

D

Deleted member

So if you really think fighting the IC's is taking the fun out of the game because they have a slim chance of getting an infinite, then you either need to start approaching them differently or stop playing smash altogether.
That's the point. People will stop playing smash because of ICs. If people quit, you have fewer people to play. So what you're really saying is, "It's not my fault my character is so homo that other people don't want to play anymore." Yeah, that's ********.

@ Wobbles: I'd like to refute you, but you neither taught me anything nor even insulted me with your undergrad vocab petty insults. Try again.

However, we do agree on general IC play: WD around looking for a grab, any grab, so you can do a mediocre talent non-moving combo. Now you understand why most people hate fighting ICs.

craiigg

Smash Lord
ladies, why dont you both leave it. people have different views on wobbling
personally im not against it, i have the just dont get grabbed mentality. yes if someone can do it right its cheap, but if youre stupid enough to get grabbed that much in an IC matchup, you should quit smash. XD

but on the other hand, i wont shout down anyone who thinks differently. just leave them to themselves and ideologies. if you want to start a discussion about how wobbling should be banned/kept create a new thread. simple

now go play with your barbies etc

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You know... I had a really long post typed out, but I'm just tired of arguing.

I apologize Nakamaru, for insulting you. I also apologize to you, Renth, for repeatedly being rude to your friend.

I'm NOT sorry at all about what I said to Umbreon, because his posts are inflammatory, logically fallacious, rude, and pointless. He insulted me, insulted IC players in general, and I have no qualms about tearing him down.

Edit: I just read your post Umbreon. Saying that you won't even respond to my argument because it's "petty" is petty in and of itself. Furthermore, I'd rather have "undergrad vocab," whatever the hell you're trying to insinuate with that, than rely on the word "gay" and "douchebag" to do the brunt of my arguing. And while I take your arguments--if you can call them that--point by point and answer each one in turn, you sum up my post as "lolz meaningless," so in the end you're pretty much just proving my point.

I taught you nothing because you didn't come in here looking for a debate. You came in here looking for a fight.

However, to everybody else... I'm very sorry for causing a lot of unnecessary internet drama. I plan to take Taku's advice and stop posting in this thread. So, again, my apologies.

cemo

white walker
next week i'll tune in and it'll be something like "wobbles is pregnant? and taj is the father~!"

Binx

Smash Master
That's the point. People will stop playing smash because of ICs. If people quit, you have fewer people to play. So what you're really saying is, "It's not my fault my character is so homo that other people don't want to play anymore." Yeah, that's ********.

@ Wobbles: I'd like to refute you, but you neither taught me anything nor even insulted me with your undergrad vocab petty insults. Try again.

However, we do agree on general IC play: WD around looking for a grab, any grab, so you can do a mediocre talent non-moving combo. Now you understand why most people hate fighting ICs.
You over simplify things, oh with Sheik you just run around looking for ANY MOVE SHE HAS that comes out instantly and has no lag afterward then you just juggle with the simplest combos in the world, or you just downthrow over and over again, oh and at a slightly higher game you can needle cancel into combos too. Wow Sheik is soooo skilled. Man Sheik combos me? I think I'll quit the game, Oh wait falco just has to dair and laser, or Marth just needs to C-stick, OMG Fox can grab u throw UAIR - broken.

ICs are harder to use than those characters, I used to main Marth, ive mained Falco, I am starting to secondary Sheik, the top 7 characters all have something that makes them good, IC make up for having a low grab range and poor aerial abilities for the ability to do MASSIVE damage out of a grab. I think Fox's shine is "gayer" because it makes him difficult to grab even if he just recklessly aerials into your shield, I think the Marth is "homo" because he has a grab range that is longer than Yoshi and amazing ability to punish most characters after a throw, also his tippers and spikes are pretty **** "f4ggy". Sheik is just a boring character to fight or play because her combos are so simple and strait forward, I think skilled players make her look good. Falco is relatively simple to use, just mix up when you attack and when you laser. Falcon's knee anyone?

Anyways all of the top 7 or 8 characters have "gay, cheap, homo, f4gtastic, ********" whatever term you want to use in place of effective moves. ICs just happen to have an infinite, and although easy to perform you can wiggle out before they can do it if you are under 40% and expecting the grab, or if nana is desynched when they grab and you are under 60-80% I believe.

Top Bottom