• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC infinate NPCing

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If you dont know about jab canceling. Find someone and find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8zjW3Dy4c

It can be seen at the end of the video
It is set up the same as wobbling, but instead of holding forward and nana doing an f-tilt. You have nana do her jab cancel which can keep someone in a grab by itself. The technique also allows for much more variation with the timing, and has less lag if they do break out for an easy WD-f-smash with nana.

More vids showing my findings coming soon.

I wont disclose exactly how i do NPCing quite yet, but i will in time. If you figure it out on your own more power to you.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
wow nice find....seems like it needs godly timing though.....
(i still can't normally jab cancel right)

nice sig btw...

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, the timing has to be with popo's headbutt so he doesnt downthrow.

sick find though....curious though, how hard was the ganon trying to escape/does it indeed keep them in for a long enough time/does it work on all characters?

i assume the answer is yes to all of them, in which case. yay!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
yea, the timing has to be with popo's headbutt so he doesnt downthrow.

sick find though....curious though, how hard was the ganon trying to escape/does it indeed keep them in for a long enough time/does it work on all characters?

i assume the answer is yes to all of them, in which case. yay!
My buddy Renth can attest to the fact that he could not get out. We have a video of him trying.

And yes it works on all characters.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
jab then press down, sorta strict timing but you'll know if you do it right because the IC's won't do the 2nd animation of the grab.

so its just A -> down -> A -> down -> repeat forever

Renth

Smash Hero
My buddy Renth can attest to the fact that he could not get out. We have a video of him trying.

And yes it works on all characters.
You can't break out i have a video of me pounding on my controller quickly trying to escape but i couldn't. It works on all characters and Jab canceling-- NPC style might be the easiest thing in the game but i won't reveal it he will in time just keep your eyes peeled.

i'll show that video shortly.

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah a few days ago I think speed brought this up, in the I think I just broke us thread, I think this is slightly supior because you wont have to wait as long for nana to hit them they would have a couple less frames to break out.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Yeah a few days ago I think speed brought this up, in the I think I just broke us thread, I think this is slightly supior because you wont have to wait as long for nana to hit them they would have a couple less frames to break out.
Thank you. I was wondering when someone would mention that I brought this up first. >_> <_<

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I´ve been trying to implement this in my game lately, as i continously counterpick stages as Onett and peach castle, might work great against peaches (who I dont would like to fight against on PC), but is it really a infinite if you check every frame?
Or is it escapable?

Deserter

Smash Cadet
omfg ic seem to be dah best at teh jabcanceling and it looks awesome and that infinite at teh is teh pwnzor please tell.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well, in Europes mayor tourneys (RoX/RoS) they are allowed, peach castle was unbanned a couple of months before RoS4, seriously, those stages is too good for climbers.
I know alot of foxes like the stage, but climbers is at least as good as fox (people may disagree with that) on that stage (one miss in the waveshine= mayor damage for fox)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
if you know something why dont you just share it?

why bother waiting?

Help the ice climber community out. dont bask in your own glory because you figured out something that nobody knows about.

anyway. looks neat but that infinite has already been mentioned by speedsk8ter

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
More importantly... why would you tell people you found something and then not mention how to do it? Seems kind of mean :(

Edit: I find it funny that cloudz and I posted almost simultaneously.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
this makes no sense. I did it to a peach. I was successfully doing it, i was jab canceling correctly, but peach escaped after a while.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I guess I didnt take the effort checking if it was mentioned earlier, and wanted to perfecly learn it, and have a good example to show in a vid or something in a actual match, and most important, if it´s really an infinite, which I am not sure of even now, since it might be like DI'd upwards and maybe (not sure) possible to jump out ;)
(so it wasnt mentioned in chus fanclub thing?, well I´m not a member so I dont know XD)

Another thing I´m thinking of, shouldn't the SH dair to dair work as a damaging combo (for easier setting up a grab) at low % against many chars?
It´s quite hard to do canstantly and I´m thinking if it´s worth the effort learning that...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Regardless of whether Neal posted it, _you_ didn't. That's the issue here.

Imagine, if you will, a pack of starved hobos. We, the IC forum, are those hobos.

You stood above the decaying bridge we live under and held aloft the shimmering golden fruit of knowledge, telling us how DELICIOUS it was and we'd all be SO happy to eat it... and that maybe you'd give it to us. Maybe. If, and only if, you felt generous.

Of course, if one of us could ascend to your glorious intellectual Olympus we could possibly partake of it, but why should YOU be bothered to drop the knowledge into our ravenous midst? You're not our ****ing butler, am I right?

^ ^ ^

That's you. And it's rude.

Also, it was already posted earlier this very month. I don't mean to suggest you dig through every archive everywhere to make sure nobody posted about it once before, but it's on the front page of the IC board. A LITTLE effort isn't too much.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Imagine, if you will, a pack of starved hobos. We, the IC forum, are those hobos.
This thread is now legendary, also nice find, also jab cancelling with Falco and Fox is gay.

Nakamaru

Smash Master

You stood above the decaying bridge we live under and held aloft the shimmering golden fruit of knowledge, telling us how DELICIOUS it was and we'd all be SO happy to eat it... and that maybe you'd give it to us. Maybe. If, and only if, you felt generous.

Of course, if one of us could ascend to your glorious intellectual Olympus we could possibly partake of it, but why should YOU be bothered to drop the knowledge into our ravenous midst? You're not our ****ing butler, am I right?

^ ^ ^

Also, it was already posted earlier this very month. I don't mean to suggest you dig through every archive everywhere to make sure nobody posted about it once before, but it's on the front page of the IC board. A LITTLE effort isn't too much.
Relating how to jab cancel and starving hobos is a little extreme of a comparison.

I needed to get the vids from renth, and i felt like having some fun in the meantime. Whats so wrong about that.

I also did a quick scan of the front page. So i missed the topic. Mistakes happen.

In no way am i claiming to be god or anything higher than any other smashers. I just really hate explaining how to do **** in words. Videos are so much simpler, which i dont have with me.

Binx

Smash Master

^ ^ ^

**** Wobbles. too good. Oh well at least Speed got to keep his credit and hopefully soon we will have a second way to do wobbles for those of us who are musically inept.

Relating how to jab cancel and starving hobos is a little extreme of a comparison.

I needed to get the vids from renth, and i felt like having some fun in the meantime. Whats so wrong about that.

I also did a quick scan of the front page. So i missed the topic. Mistakes happen.

In no way am i claiming to be god or anything higher than any other smashers. I just really hate explaining how to do **** in words. Videos are so much simpler, which i dont have with me.
You didn't say that on the first page though, and your "little fun" is teasing the IC board, thanks for sharing that if it really is an infinite.

@ whoever said they think you can DI it, no, you couldn't DI the jab to get out of the grab.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hold down and back, then press A repeatedly. Easy way to jab scancel.
What gives? Apparently the methodology is incredibly simple and takes, oh golly, five seconds to type an explanation of it. In fact, it would take even more effort and be even harder to convey using a video.

"I'm not disclosing my style yet."

"Actually it's 10 times easier than that."

That's not about having difficulty finding words to describe a method, it's about "I know something you don't know."

And if you're so strapped for effort, why are you posting every five to ten minutes to let us all know about the method you won't share?

Post the method, twenty minutes later tell us how easy it is, six minutes later remind us how easy it is, eight minutes later tell us that's it's super, super easy and awesome, and nine minutes later say you just aren't going to tell us.

So you couldn't be bothered to explain it, but nothing was stopping you from trolling the thread to tell everyone how simple your trick is.

Honestly though? It's no biggy, since we already knew.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Give him a break; he's just having a little fun being a tease. Childish, yes, but not a crime.

Anyway, I have to admit I doubted this could ever work, because I didn't think that a jab would have enough hitstun, nor would the timing mesh with the headbutts. If this is legit, I would stand corrected.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Wobbles... shut the f*ck up. Just because i said "hey look at this" doesn't mean I'm going to tell you how to do it. Secrets arent being an ***. Secrets are being human. Chill the f*ck out.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You did it for your own personal aggrandizement in an attempt to taunt the board.

"I know something awesome and I'm not gonna tell you! LOLZ."

I'll call you on it whenever I **** well please. If you don't plan to tell anybody how to do it, why draw attention to it in the first place?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Kool. I remember knowing how to cc jab like this. Don't know why I never thought to put it to this use. Will try next time I'm around a Cube...

EDIT: Wow, calm down everybody, we all love each other, remember? Naka: What you did was kinda stupid, can't blame ppl for getting irritated. We're supposed to help each other out by revealing our findings, not hiding them. Wobbles: Just think of the Phoenix. There you go, buddy Easy now, that's right, eeeeaassyy....

Top Bottom