• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Desynchs?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I found these while practicing on Rainbow Cruise (you can never be too careful...). If either already have names, tell me and I'll edit this post.

First, the "walk-into-wall" desynch. It's exactly like the spotdodge, taunt, grab, or roll desynchs, but it's done by walking into a wall. Just press forward on the analog stick against a flat, vertical surface (such as walls on Onett or RC) and hold the command you want Nana to do afterwards.

The other one is kind of peculiar. If you wavedash on any slanted surface, Nana will jump, as if she were sliding off an edge. You lose control of her as long as she is in the air, so you can input any command for Popo. Short wavedashes work better because then she has to cover less distance to jump to you. It is pretty fast and doesn't leave you with any frames where you are "vulnerable"... if you don't count the danger of Nana being intercepted and possibly gimped out of her jump. It also works on the floor of the Cruise Ship (I'm assuming because there are little slopes in the structure).

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another fun rainbow cruise trick:

Grab someone while they're on a Donut Block but you aren't. Stall with jabs and blizzards while the block descends to the bottom of the stage. Allow them to struggle out of the grab, at which point they reappear on the block and automatically die.

Courtesy of Azn_Lep.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
And my personal favorite:

The Titanic (coined by it's first victim - Nekrubis)

Wobble as the ship goes down.

The first one sounds cool, but that second one I'm skeptical about. I'd like to see a vid of it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Is there any way to make a video without a capture card? I tried recording on a VCR and transferring it through a video machine to my computer, but the quality was absolute crap. Are there any other options? :/

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Nealdt- Is it somehow like shieks chain (forward b) on the dissaperaring carpet?, definitly gonna try out that on Onett, one more good thing to show IC's>Fox on Onett I guess (currently working on proveing it)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Delphiki: I do that in some weird instances. I won a match against a Fox at the top of Rainbow Cruise when I infinited until it went down and we both died... it was our last stock, but I won because they died off the front. Total skill, I think.

I've also done the infinite on the ship until it sinks because I don't want the opponent DI'ing and teching the wall. I've stalled it to ridiculously low altitudes before... pretty intense, especially on the last stock.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smasher89: no. Here's what happens. You grab the opponent and start wobbling or stallng or whatever. The Dounut Block they're on (the brownish, donut-shaped blocks at the very top of the stage) starts to wiggle and then falls down the stage. The opponent doesn't move because you have them in a grab; however, once you allow them to struggle out they will warp down to where the donut block is. If it's off the screen, then they automatically die.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
ok, should try that out^^

Another thing, when I tested the walldesynch i came up on something nice, not sure if it has been mentioned before, and been considered "not useful" but here it's:

Desynching (spotdodge or whateaver) the dair to dair, it´s quite fast, and dair is a good priority move right?

While shorthoping and fastfalling with one at the time, altering the one in the front as popo/nana lands and dashing before the jump makes it possible to get some range.
Currently thinking if it might be useful or is it too easily countered for making the effort to learn it? (it´s "hard" and technical).
To bad I´ve got no vid to show it, but hopes you understand

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Okay, I used the highest resolution and it looks a lot better now (it still cuts a few frames but it's the best I can do). I'm going to include everything I posted in this thread and the last one, so hopefully I can clear up any confusions about the desynchs.

Top Bottom