• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That was the joke. :alakadoof:

But no. Pikadorf is not an eligible candidate. But might I direct you towards some of our other great candidates of equal value?

Don't care, im seriUs.

+1 for Sakurai Cat (very unusual addition Project M needs that would have a unique moveset that isn't possible to make for now like giving him as a final smash both Lucario's kamekameha and Luigi's Za Warudo at the same time with Sakurai laughing in the background while charging up Ganonpork holding Captain Falcon before throwing Ganonpork who then throws Captain Falcon who then Falcon Punches opponents, forever deleting them from the game and entire universe because of just how powerful and awesome Falcon Punch was) and Condor. Latter one only if he has Ridley alt.

...sorry, that was way too off-topic. Who makes those icons by the way? I have a request to that user involving heavely modified Other M Ridley.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Don't care, im seriUs.

+1 for Sakurai Cat (very unusual addition Project M needs that would have a unique moveset that isn't possible to make for now like giving him as a final smash both Lucario's kamekameha and Luigi's Za Warudo at the same time with Sakurai laughing in the background while charging up Ganonpork holding Captain Falcon before throwing Ganonpork who then throws Captain Falcon who then Falcon Punches opponents, forever deleting them from the game and entire universe because of just how powerful and awesome Falcon Punch was) and Condor. Latter one only if he has Ridley alt.

...sorry, that was way too off-topic. Who makes those icons by the way? I have a request to that user involving heavely modified Other M Ridley.
Hold on. Let me find that user...

-turns in a complete circle-

Yes? How may I help you?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Honestly, I think Vector would be sweet.

Still support Shadow. (already voted)
That idea sounds like Cash, Money, Bling Bling, Yolo, Swag, Bdazzler, Chia Pet, MLG, MTN DEW, Doritos right there. He so Kremling, where yo King K. Rool at?

Oh... And find the Computer Room.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, looks like I got vindicated at long last (Ridley finally got de-confirmed).

Looks like Project M is our only hope. Hopefully, Bagan will be able to join the team.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
DLC characters confirmed though, and they said in the stream the 3DS version had trophies based on handhelds yet Isaac wasn't there...

I hope our savior Isaac is safe and can be implemented in PM.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Isaac and Sami get my vote! Both are stars of series that Sakurai will apparently never fully appreciate. Both are unique and full of great potential!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, Isaac, K. Rool, and Dixie are still very plausible candidates for Smash 4 DLC. Especially Isaac, he's still the candidate I think is very likely. K. Rool due to popularity and importance to Nintendo. Mewtwo is the most important character to Nintendo not playable in Smash 4, and K. Rool is the most important character to Nintendo whose never been playable in Smash.

As for Sami and Ridley... that's more iffy. Ridley honestly looks like he got killed by the 3DS. He looks like he's a fully playable character right now, even with his own Final Smash. I honestly believe the 3DS just couldn't handle the awesomeness that was Ridley, so he was turned into a stage boss.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isaac is not happening as DLC for Smash 4. His lack of a trophy means nothing. Ray didn't get a trophy either. For Ray, its simply because there was no recent game for Sakurai to pull some model rips out of for a trophy. What is more concerning though is the fact that Dark Dawn got no trophies, despite Camelot providing model rips from the 3DS Mario Tennis and Golf games.

From what I saw of the Japanese Smash Bros. fans, Golden Sun has basically fallen down the memory hole.

However, yeah, Ridley is now a long hanging fruit for the PM team (in terms of a character choice).

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is not happening as DLC for Smash 4. His lack of a trophy means nothing. Ray didn't get a trophy either. For Ray, its simply because there was no recent game for Sakurai to pull some model rips out of for a trophy. What is more concerning though is the fact that Dark Dawn got no trophies, despite Camelot providing model rips from the 3DS Mario Tennis and Golf games.

From what I saw of the Japanese Smash Bros. fans, Golden Sun has basically fallen down the memory hole.

However, yeah, Ridley is now a long hanging fruit for the PM team (in terms of a character choice).
I was about to comment something similar; it is unrealistic to expect Isaac to reappear in Smash 4 - which rather saddening considering Camelot has moved in-house as a second party developer for Nintendo, and their own franchise won't make an appearance in this collaboration and celebration of Nintendo history.

Even as an avid supporter of Golden Sun, I feel worse on behalf of Camelot compared to my disappoint as fan concerning Issac in Smash... Any chance the PMDT wants to alleviate these emotions by making a certain special announcement?

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I just realized something, was the smash 4 dev team just lazy as hell or is Ridley's stock icon his regular appearance and not Other Ms?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Since Ridley is now out of SSB4, he has nothing holding him back from appearing in Project M other than the model itself if they will use original Brawl Ridley model since it has too many bones to complete all animations before they reach animations file size limit or animations won't look detailed enough to look like it belongs to official SSB game, like their Mewtwo. So, either they will rave to re-rig the model or use Other M model, most likely edit it first of course.
I just realized something, was the smash 4 dev team just lazy as hell or is Ridley's stock icon his regular appearance and not Other Ms?
Yeah, i don't get it. Why crop Brawl Ridley render's head instead of doing same with Other M manual Ridley? It takes just as much time to do.

Booster

Smash Lord
+1 to Liquid Snake
+1 Takamaru

I retract my -1 vote from Silver the Hedgehog because there is no way he can get in even if I take my point away and give -1 to Primid. It would be interesting but there are other characters more deserving

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
REQUESTING THIS BE PUT IN THE OP
Unless you play or intend to play PM don't vote
I think many people who don't play might consider playing, though, if certain characters are added. That said I'm currently planning to play this once I get a Wii U. Alongside Smash Wii U as well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious to see the latest results with all the votes that have happened.

I am disappointed that Baganley did not work out. No wonder Project M's newcomers utilize an already existing character on the roster for their base (Lucario was used for Mewtwo). Unfortunately, I don't think any character's base would work for Ridley (the closest might be Charizard, and even then those efforts usually ended up horrid).

If you do use Other M's model, Bagan, at least replace the head. Duck-billed Ridley is awful.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well that's where "intend to play" comes in
Exactly, and I think that anyone voting in here clearly "intends to play" if a certain character is added (if they're not already playing or planning to play).

Last edited:

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Am I the only one looking forward to Project M's next update more than Smash on the Wii U? Smash on the 3ds was a fun ride but it got stale for me as time went on maybe because I completed it 100% and I still have no idea what global smash power does and why I should care about it (also it became apparent that my new main, Shulk is a bad character :ohwell:). I don't own a Wii U and don't plan on buying one for the sake of one game so I'm going to miss out on the Mewtwo hype but it's good to see that DLC is officially announced in the form of game required content (for FREE...with the price of two games; potentially a console :p) hopefully this changes with future content or they made Mewtwo available in the e-shop given a couple months (4-6 after the official release).

Back on topic, I'm not sure if I gave this character a half vote so I'm going to do it again to make sure:

1/2 King K. Rool: more villain representation, DK franchise undersaturated, I don't usually play as heavy hitter characters but his design and character can bring a different style to the heavy hitter variant as oppose to the armor brute (Bowser) and the semi-grappler/beat down character (Donkey Kong)

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Fun fact: Almost twice as many people own a copy of Brawl than a Wii U. So technically the barrier to entry for Project M is lower than that for Smash 4 Wii U. :troll:

As for Smash 4 Wii U vs. Project M, yeah, I am looking forward to Project M a lot more. I don't have a Wii U, nor do I plan to get one. I did really enjoy Smash 4 3DS, and its probably my favorite game for the console. However, it definitely scratched my itch as far as Smash 4 is concerned.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
well....definitely all in for Ridley, Waluigi and Saki here lol.

(Isaac and Ray Legend if they get shelfed)

On a positive side note, that 8 player smash has now become a reason for me to get my attention on the Wii U............I've been pushing for this for 13 years from inspiration I got out of Melee's "Multi-Man Melee"

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I voted for Isaac, Sami, Lip, K. Rool, and Dixie. Except for Sami and Lip I'd say any of these are fairly likely for DLC. I almost want to switch a vote out for Ridley.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I voted for Isaac, Sami, Lip, K. Rool, and Dixie. Except for Sami and Lip I'd say any of these are fairly likely for DLC. I almost want to switch a vote out for Ridley.
Aww damn i forgot about K.rool lol.

btw may I ask why many ppl prefer Sami over Andy? No prob......I just could of swarn i played the same Advance Wars game with andy being the main star

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Aww damn i forgot about K.rool lol.

btw may I ask why many ppl prefer Sami over Andy? No prob......I just could of swarn i played same Advance Wars game with andy being the main star
Andy is the main star of Advance Wars 1 and 2, but Sami is an overall more likable and mature character. Sami is also one of the three "main" characters from AW 1 and 2, and she does play a role in AW3 as well, even though she's not a "main" character in that game (Andy's not in AW3 at all except as an optional CO). Andy may be the "main" technical character, but Sami is way more popular, and both Sami AND Andy are very important characters, Andy is just slightly more important in AW1. Max is also important overall, but he doesn't have Sami's popularity or Andy's "main character" status.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Andy is the main star of Advance Wars 1 and 2, but Sami is an overall more likable and mature character. Sami is also one of the three "main" characters from AW 1 and 2, and she does play a role in AW3 as well, even though she's not a "main" character in that game (Andy's not in AW3 at all except as an optional CO). Andy may be the "main" technical character, but Sami is way more popular, and both Sami AND Andy are very important characters, Andy is just slightly more important in AW1. Max is also important overall, but he doesn't have Sami's popularity or Andy's "main character" status.
oh ok...I just thought it was always a "shoe in" for Andy since he seemed to stick out more with anything Advance Wars related from my experience

D

Deleted member

Project M is fun, but I'll vote in:

King K. Rool, Isaac, Ray, Saki Amamiya, and Pichu. I'd like to see all of them and I don't expect them to be DLC for SSB 3DS & Wii U (King K. Rool is really the only one I could see myself being wrong on).

Chaoseater

Smash Rookie
@ ZeruSlayer ZeruSlayer & @ ChronoBound ChronoBound

I'm definitely looking forward to Project M a lot more. I just feel that they're doing the series the most justice since Melee.

But here's my votes:

+1 Ridley
+1 King K Rool
+1 Isaac

Right now, those are the only ones I would like to see 100% in. I do love Advance Wars, but I'm still a little ify on Sami over Andy. I understand the reasoning, but in my eyes, I still feel like Andy's the main character and including the second protagonist would just feel weird to me. But if shes in, id still love it. Skull kid would be badass too, but I feel like the above 3 need to be in before him. Hell, I wouldnt even mind if Pichu was back in, because we know Project M could make a kick-ass version of him. And then Young Link with masks....

But concerning Ridley and K Rool., I (along with my brothers) feel that these are the 2 characters that need to be in Smash, even if it is a mod of it. Seriously, Ridley and K Rool represent two series that need more characters (and villains) and including them would fuether complete these series and the Smash (Poject M) roster.

Honestly, I'm way more excited about Project M than Smash 4 because it is....well just kickass, haha.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I am disappointed that Baganley did not work out. No wonder Project M's newcomers utilize an already existing character on the roster for their base (Lucario was used for Mewtwo). Unfortunately, I don't think any character's base would work for Ridley (the closest might be Charizard, and even then those efforts usually ended up horrid).

If you do use Other M's model, Bagan, at least replace the head. Duck-billed Ridley is awful.
Thats not the reason why he didn't work out (i could use any character and it would end in the same way). If you will revisit my thread for that, you will see that Other M model was already altered to have normal head and some other changes were done to make him closer to previous model i used.
Making Ridley over Charizard would be a bad idea. Same goes for Bowser. Samus could be used (chargable projectile or projectiles that explode, more fitting Final Smash compared to other characters that could be used except for maybe Lucario) or even Lucario (same thing except for projectile that can explode, but he also has command grab). Still, it will take a while to do unless model has small amount of "extra" bones (bones for tail, wings, 2nd neck bone, jaw, etc - those that are not shared by every character), even more than Mewtwo.
REQUESTING THIS BE PUT IN THE OP
Unless you play or intend to play PM don't vote
That is a pointless rule. Why would anyone want a character to be included if that person won't play Project M?

Xyn

Smash Cadet
After watching the Direct, i just had to come here to vote

+ Ridley
+ Sami
+ Dixie
+ Isaac

+1/2 K Rool

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I'm voicing my support Sami. I'm confident that Nintendo will never do the right thing and add a rep from the Wars series, which makes Project M a great opportunity for that. There is no question that Wars deserves a rep - it's arguably the biggest unrepresented Nintendo franchise in Smash. Sami would also be another female, and one that isn't a princess at that... I can't stand behind her enough.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm voicing my support Sami. I'm confident that Nintendo will never do the right thing and add a rep from the Wars series, which makes Project M a great opportunity for that. There is no question that Wars deserves a rep - it's arguably the biggest unrepresented Nintendo franchise in Smash. Sami would also be another female, and one that isn't a princess at that... I can't stand behind her enough.
No.
Itis objectively thebiggest unrepped nintendo franchise.

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
Alright, I finally feel like voting.

+1 Isaac
+1 Skull Kid
+1 King K Rool
+1 Ray MK III

+1/2 Ridley (I'd give him a full vote if I didn't think he'd be near impossible to make)
+1/2 Sami
+1/2 Skapon
+1/2 Tom Nook
+1/2 Black Shadowdorf
+1/2 Knuckles (I always felt like he would make more sense as a smash character than Sonic and he could have a pretty cool move set as well)

-1 Waluigi
He's the only character that I feel would actually have a negative impact on the appearance of Project M's overall production quality. He's just too jank.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I disagree. If (well, when) the franchise continues, I can definitely see an AW rep added. However, the franchise isn't likely to be continued any time soon... That's the main issue. IS said they will continue in, but it could be a while.

1FD

Smash Ace
I do love Advance Wars, but I'm still a little ify on Sami over Andy. I understand the reasoning, but in my eyes, I still feel like Andy's the main character and including the second protagonist would just feel weird to me. But if shes in, id still love it.
I talked to nausicaa about this yesterday after the sami rush. Basically we said we just wanted Advance Wars characters, and really since there's a costume engine we could just have Sami/Andy combo as a character (not like ICs but like alt costumes)

No.
Itis objectively thebiggest unrepped nintendo franchise.
This was funny
He's like "arguably the biggest unrepped"
You like "No, objectively the biggest"
Truthmeltinnnziiigggizzzz

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Alright, I finally feel like voting.

+1 Isaac
+1 Skull Kid
+1 King K Rool
+1 Ray MK III

+1/2 Ridley (I'd give him a full vote if I didn't think he'd be near impossible to make)
+1/2 Sami
+1/2 Skapon
+1/2 Tom Nook
+1/2 Black Shadowdorf
+1/2 Knuckles (I always felt like he would make more sense as a smash character than Sonic and he could have a pretty cool move set as well)

-1 Waluigi
He's the only character that I feel would actually have a negative impact on the appearance of Project M's overall production quality. He's just too jank.
Don't take difficulty of making the character into account for your voting. That's a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom