• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
ANYWAY...

For a while I've been wondering exactly how Advance Wars works exactly, so I just watched some Advance Wars gameplay to help me get a grasp of what the game's like, and it definitely helped me understand what could be done with a character from the game(It's essentially a basic version of Fire Emblem's turn based strategy gameplay).

So now, I can think of a pretty decent way his moveset and playstyle could work as a Smash character, and although it may sound like something that's been said before, I've pretty much got a solid idea for it.

Andy:

Basically he's a floaty, shorter semi-clone of Snake, think around the weight of Young Link from Melee. His playstyle revolves around strategy - the heart of his home series' gameplay. He has 2 big units that he can use in-game that may seem overpowered to have in a fighting game, but in reality, they're just glorified, slower Wario Bikes with projectiles. In order to use these vehicles to their full potential, Andy needs to be able to use them strategically in-game in order to keep the enemy in the air, in combos, or off-stage.

He'd likely arrive on stage via Transport Helicopter, an Advance Wars unit.

Neutral B: Hyper Repair/Hyper Upgrade: He'd swing his wrench in a one-handed overhead swing. Fully charging it would make it a Hyper Upgrade.
In the games, the Hyper Upgrade would heal 2.5x the amount of his regular Repair, but units affected also gain 30% firepower, 10% more defense(which is basically armor? In Smash, this would mean they can take 1 more hit than usual to kill) and movement by 1 space(Which means they can move further than they usually move).

This move would be your standard means of healing units - which we'll get into later. Against your enemies however, this move will be essentially a combo extender, or something you can use for DI mixups. Probably would do around 8-10% for uncharged, and 15% for fully charged.
On the ground, a Hyper Upgrade hit on your enemy would result in you burying them. Aerially, it would spike them.

Forward B: Mech Rocket: The main weapon of Mechanized Infantry. Fires a non-tracking rocket at the enemy. Functionally the same as the Super Missile. Does 12% damage. In the air, Andy fires it down at a diagonal angle.

Down B: Tank: Andy hops inside a Light Tank from the Wars series. It's about the size of Bowser, and he'd still be visible while riding in it, as he would replace the standard soldier in the top hatch of the tank.
Using it would be functionally the same as how Wario rode his bike in Brawl. The main difference here being that you an do much more damage in the Tank.
Firing while in the Tank is just pressing any attack button, similar to the Landmaster, and pointing the control stick up points the cannon up as high as Wario's bike can wheelie. Andy can also hop out of the Tank and let a regular soldier command it. Doing this will make the tank function like a turret, and will only shoot if an enemy crosses the cannon's path. It won't be able to turn the cannon on its own, but the Tank will do its best to position itself in a way that will allow it to fire at the enemy.
Damage from the tank's cannon will deal 2% per shot(its automatic), and it fires in bursts. Damage from getting run over is around 18%.

Up B: Battle Copter: Andy's recovery. Also around the size of Bowser. The Attack Copter will also be destructible, but if Andy ever hops into it, not only does he get to control it, but he also gains his double jump back. The Battle Copter has both missiles and a machine gun, the Machine gun can be aimed like the Tank's gun, and the Missiles use the same input and function the same as the Mech Rocket. It can also hit enemies with the rotor blades to carry them into the blast zone, but it will only do this if the enemy is above them. It uses the same AI as the Tank, but since its a helicopter, it can position itself in far better areas to hit the enemy.

I'll come up with his standard fighting moves another time. You guys can give suggestions for his moveset though!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
ANYWAY...

For a while I've been wondering exactly how Advance Wars works exactly, so I just watched some Advance Wars gameplay to help me get a grasp of what the game's like, and it definitely helped me understand what could be done with a character from the game(It's essentially a basic version of Fire Emblem's RPG gameplay).

So now, I can think of a pretty decent way his moveset and playstyle could work as a Smash character, and although it may sound like something that's been said before, I've pretty much got a solid idea for it.

Andy:

Basically he's a floaty, shorter semi-clone of Snake, think around the weight of Young Link from Melee. His playstyle revolves around strategy - the heart of his home series' gameplay. He has 2 big units that he can use in-game that may seem overpowered to have in a fighting game, but in reality, they're just glorified, slower Wario Bikes with projectiles. In order to use these vehicles to their full potential, Andy needs to be able to use them strategically in-game in order to keep the enemy in the air, in combos, or off-stage.

He'd likely arrive on stage via Transport Helicopter, an Advance Wars unit.

Neutral B: Hyper Repair/Hyper Upgrade: He'd swing his wrench in a one-handed overhead swing. Fully charging it would make it a Hyper Upgrade.
In the games, the Hyper Upgrade would heal 2.5x the amount of his regular Repair, but units affected also gain 30% firepower, 10% more defense(which is basically armor? In Smash, this would mean they can take 1 more hit than usual to kill) and movement by 1 space(Which means they can move further than they usually move).

This move would be your standard means of healing units - which we'll get into later. Against your enemies however, this move will be essentially a combo extender, or something you can use for DI mixups. Probably would do around 8-10% for uncharged, and 15% for fully charged.
On the ground, a Hyper Upgrade hit on your enemy would result in you burying them. Aerially, it would spike them.

Forward B: Mech Rocket: The main weapon of Mechanized Infantry. Fires a non-tracking rocket at the enemy. Functionally the same as the Super Missile. Does 12% damage. In the air, Andy fires it down at a diagonal angle.

Down B: Tank: Andy hops inside a Light Tank from the Wars series. It's about the size of Bowser, and he'd still be visible while riding in it, as he would replace the standard soldier in the top hatch of the tank.
Using it would be functionally the same as how Wario rode his bike in Brawl. The main difference here being that you an do much more damage in the Tank.
Firing while in the Tank is just pressing any attack button, similar to the Landmaster, and pointing the control stick up points the cannon up as high as Wario's bike can wheelie. Andy can also hop out of the Tank and let a regular soldier command it. Doing this will make the tank function like a turret, and will only shoot if an enemy crosses the cannon's path. It won't be able to turn the cannon on its own, but the Tank will do its best to position itself in a way that will allow it to fire at the enemy.
Damage from the tank's cannon will deal 2% per shot(its automatic), and it fires in bursts. Damage from getting run over is around 18%.

Up B: Battle Copter: Andy's recovery. Also around the size of Bowser. The Attack Copter will also be destructible, but if Andy ever hops into it, not only does he get to control it, but he also gains his double jump back. The Battle Copter has both missiles and a machine gun, the Machine gun can be aimed like the Tank's gun, and the Missiles use the same input and function the same as the Mech Rocket. It can also hit enemies with the rotor blades to carry them into the blast zone, but it will only do this if the enemy is above them. It uses the same AI as the Tank, but since its a helicopter, it can position itself in far better areas to hit the enemy.

I'll come up with his standard fighting moves another time. You guys can give suggestions for his moveset though!
I don't suppose you posted this in the Andy for Smash thread yet, have you? This is really good!

thatoneguynolan

Smash Rookie
Hey. I guess this will be my first post in this thread so I apologize beforehand if I do something wrong.

So, here's a character that I think would be cool and I haven't seen anyone request yet:

Marx from Kirby Super Star.

I figured a new Kirby character would be kinda neat. And this guy was one of the only ones I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

Gameplay wise, I would imagine he'd be a sort of "smaller but not by a whole lot" character. (Maybe a little bit bigger/heavier than Meta Knight? I dunno.) Who would kinda glide around the stage for some decent speed and probably some good air mobility considering the whole "magical space-bat wings" thing he's got going on.

I don't have a lot of ideas for moves, but Marx has plenty of cool attacks that could be utilized in a moveset. (Although that portal/black hole attack he has would definitely be an awesome final smash.)

But yeah, that's all I've got for now. Since it'll probably take a while for the Project M guys to add in new characters, I might just try to make a mod for Marx myself. I'm not sure yet.

Anyways, if anyone wants to voice their opinion on this idea, go ahead. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good idea for a character anyway so I understand if you don't like it.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey. I guess this will be my first post in this thread so I apologize beforehand if I do something wrong.

So, here's a character that I think would be cool and I haven't seen anyone request yet:

I figured a new Kirby character would be kinda neat. And this guy was one of the only ones I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned.

Gameplay wise, I would imagine he'd be a sort of "smaller but not by a whole lot" character. (Maybe a little bit bigger/heavier than Meta Knight? I dunno.) Who would kinda glide around the stage for some decent speed and probably some good air mobility considering the whole "magical space-bat wings" thing he's got going on.

I don't have a lot of ideas for moves, but Marx has plenty of cool attacks that could be utilized in a moveset. (Although that portal/black hole attack he has would definitely be an awesome final smash.)

But yeah, that's all I've got for now. Since it'll probably take a while for the Project M guys to add in new characters, I might just try to make a mod for Marx myself. I'm not sure yet.

Anyways, if anyone wants to voice their opinion on this idea, go ahead. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good idea for a character anyway so I understand if you don't like it.
Marx is one of the most terrifying creatures in the Kirby universe. He's a potential spoiler, but so is Sheik/Zelda, and just about every trophy already in Brawl. He's super popular, and has a lot of potential as a fighter.

However - I don't see any sign of him in Brawl except for his theme song, oddly enough.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011

Kirby is my favorite series :D I was thinking of adding Waddle dee with a spear from Kirby return to dreamland, but dedede already throws them lol.
What do you think about Magolor then? Also a spoiler, and a much more vaster moveset. You also get like updated 3d models so you don't have to revamp the super star marx ones.

Last edited:

thatoneguynolan

Smash Rookie
What do you think about Magolor then? Also a spoiler, and a much more vaster moveset. You also get like updated 3d models so you don't have to revamp the super star marx ones.
Ehh. Magolor just isn't as interesting to me. And I feel like Marx would be more fun to play as. To me he's always had that sort of "It would be really cool to control this boss" feeling. Y'know?

I will admit getting a 3D model of him would be difficult since, to my knowledge, there aren't any.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Agreed, and Magolor, though had a fun personality, really didn't have any abilities or powers until the end, when he became huge... And, of course, he's not in Brawl in any way, shape, or form.

drewilliam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hollowords
I really appreciate the effort put in to this thread, but I think it falls short of the potential hype and fan involvement.

If the PMBR wants to get a more accurate fan poll, I think they could do a much better job engaging the as much of the PM community as possible. (Although I can imagine PMBR not wanting to do this just to stay as low key as possible and not garner too much of Nintendo's attention.)

There are so few votes on this thread, mainly because of it being open for such a short time, but also because SmashBoards doesn't reach a large portion of Project M fans. An official ballot could be hyped up more via Project M's official Youtube, FB, and Twitter and could be left open for much longer giving more people a chance to vote and a chance to spread the hype.

However, personally I don't always think the most popular character is the best for the game. Whether it's because of technical limitations of implimenting the character or what the new character brings to the game gameplay-wise (even if a clone, does he/she/it subjectively bring something new and interesting and worthwhile to the game?). But just building hype and speculation alone are great reasons for the ballot. Plus it's definitely a good idea for PM dev team to build a new character they know their fans with appreciate.​

I think it would be nice if the ballot allowed for up-voting 5 characters and down-voting a couple and then required a check box for reasons why.

For Example:​

(upvote) Ridley
( ) Gameplay. Could introduce an intresting new dynamic to PM, IMO
(x) Fan Service. I'm fond of this character.
Additional Comments: I like the Ridley fan mod that borrows moves from Charizard and Meta-Knight.​

(downvote) Primid (Original character from Sub-Space)
(x) Gameplay. I imagine other character options having more appealing play styles and mechanics.
(x) Fan Service. Not fond of this character (would rather see almost any other character on the list)
Additional Comments: WHY??​

I know this is mostly wishful thinking.. But every time I mention this thread to people they're like: "What, you can vote for PM characters?" I really think every PM fan would love to engage in the voting if they new about it.

Last edited:

drewilliam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hollowords
Also where's the Pokemon love, OP? Cubone is a trophy in Brawl and I think could make a really cool new character (way cooler than Pokemon Trainer or Pichu, IMO).
  • He could club people (Jab, F-Tilt, Fair, F-Smash, Uair) I imagine his Dair like Wolf's but with his bone club
  • Headbutt (Dash Attack like Yoshi, Up-Tilt like Squirtle, Up-Smash like Pikachu but with his head)
  • Swipe with his tail like Yoshi (D-Tilt, Bair)
  • Bonemerang (Side+B), similar to Link and Toon Link
  • I imagine his Up+B with a Pidgey helping him, Twirlling the bone like a helicopter above his head or like Squirtles' Up+B, but with sand instead of water.
  • As a ground type maybe he could use dig? That'd be unique, maybe could be like Samus' morph-ball (Crawl) where there's a tiny dirt mound hurt-box when underground, or dig could be a brief parry or pitfall or counter (Down-B).
  • Maybe bulldoze (as a pitfall sort of like villager) or earthquake (Like Charizard) as Down-Smash
  • Plus he's cute and everyone loves him!
I can't imagine Cubone being easy to implement, but would be really neat.

A few other Pokemon could be cool too (maybe Snorlax or Glaceon), but most are either already in Pokken, are too obscure to warrant yet another Pokemon, or are somewhat redundant to existing playable Pokemon in Brawl.

Last edited:

drewilliam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hollowords
There's probably not much Pokemon love because we've already got 7 of them in PM lol
That's fair. Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong could use a new rep. more than Pokemon. However, I would personally chose Cubone over Pichu, Pokemon Trainer or a new Mario character, so I think Cubone is worth mentioning.

Also, we don't have very many options for new characters. Pokemon being the beloved little creatures they are, it would be hard to complain at a new Pokemon in the roster as long as it was someone unique and loved by fans (like Cubone).

Maybe you don't agree with my opinions, but that's my reasoning behind Cubone.

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
That's fair. Zelda, Metroid and Donkey Kong could use a new rep. more than Pokemon. However, I would personally chose Cubone over Pichu, Pokemon Trainer or a new Mario character, so I think Cubone is worth mentioning.

Also, we don't have very many options for new characters. Pokemon being the beloved little creatures they are, it would be hard to complain at a new Pokemon in the roster as long as it was someone unique and loved by fans (like Cubone).

Maybe you don't agree with my opinions, but that's my reasoning behind Cubone.
Nah I get what you're saying, I'd take Cubone over Pichu or P. Trainer any day lol, the Mario series already has its main cast so I wouldn't really care for a new rep from that series. For me personally I'm more interested in repping the series that have yet to be repped(and their inclusion making sense), and characters that bring something truly new, not borrowing from other characters in Smash. That happens too much X)

Last edited:

drewilliam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hollowords
I agree that a character from a un-repped franchise with completely new moves would be ideal. Hopefully at least one will come.

On that note another good choice OP left out is Tabuu. He would be a much better Smash Bros rep than Primid hands down, no comparison. Tabuu really is the only choice if they were going to add a sub-space original character, IMO.

OP also left out Chibi-Robo

Also, KK Slider might be cooler than Tom Nook. El Kabong style

And even though we have plenty of Zelda: Midna with Wolf Link, Tingle, Toon Ganondorf, Zant, and Medli would all be better choices than Toon Zelda/Tetra, Young Link, or a new moveset for the already boss Ganondorf, IMO.
Although my Zelda vote would go to Skull Kid.

------
I realize the voting and stuff is done and OP isn't updating any more, but just wish they would re-do the vote like I was saying and kinda use it to build hype and try to get as many votes as they can. Because 500 votes is kinda pathetic and I believe nearly all Project M fans would like to participate in voting for new characters.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I really appreciate the effort put in to this thread, but I think it falls short of the potential hype and fan involvement.
this has been nothing but a fan involvment.
nothing that gets voted on in here has any sway over anything for PM, and the PMDT aren't involved. they've just answered questions every now and then.

Also, we don't have very many options for new characters.
are we even in the same thread

TikiFan

Smash Journeyman
I want Myrrh from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones as a playable character . She is a manakete. Those are the sort of people that can turn into dragons. That is a very important part of the entire Fire Emblem series!

OR Tiki.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I realize the voting and stuff is done and OP isn't updating any more, but just wish they would re-do the vote like I was saying and kinda use it to build hype and try to get as many votes as they can. Because 500 votes is kinda pathetic and I believe nearly all Project M fans would like to participate in voting for new characters.
Pretty much.
If the PM team does include characters, they need to make a list of possible fighters they could add in. It's probably going to piss off less people because there's people like me who doesn't want certain characters in.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I kind of feel that Felix should actually be given as much as a fair go as Isaac for this poll, as little sway as it holds over things. Isaac may be the party leader of the first game, but having properly played GS Lost Age, I've come to understand that;

1. the two GBA games really should be considered one big game, kind of in the same way that sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles are - in fact, it was originally intended to be just one game
2. Felix is pretty much the actual main character of it. once the parties of the two games join forces in the Lost Age during the events at the Jupiter lighthouse, Isaac even willingly steps down and plays second fiddle to Felix - specifically mentioning that "this is Felix's quest now". the reasons for his position as an antagonising force in the first game and whatnot also just make him feel like a more interesting character.

I know I like to argue and be a contrarian in regards to some characters (the Sami>Andy thing I go on about) but I genuinely think that this is legitimately worth arguing and that most people who voted for Isaac haven't played the games and just want a magic swordsman on principal

I know Dark dawn comes along and only has Felix mentioned in a note somewhere, but come on, who actually likes dark dawn.

wow this actually is wasting space
Isaac is the only damn part of Golden Sun that actually made it into Brawl asides the music on Norfair which is Felix's battle theme mashed with a boss theme (Final boss theme I think)

not even one god damn sticker what is wrong with you Sakurai

...so yeah, Felix costume for Isaac? yay/nay?

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it should be obvious Sakurai doesn't know how to divide attention that well at this point lol and yeah I'd be down for a Felix cosplay for Issac

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
A recolor based on Felix could work too.

In fact, all of his companions' colors would work as decent recolors too.
(Red)
(Blue)
(Green)
(Unique/Brown)
(White)
(Purple)

Last edited:

Lunchmanalchemist

Smash Cadet
UPVOTES
1. Ridley - Possibly the most iconic character available for Project M. There's no chance he's gonna be DLC, he's an extremely important character in a series that has been around since 64, and his moveset potential is doable yet fairly unique. HE IS NOT TOO BIG.
2. Skull Kid - Another give me. Not gonna be DLC, iconic character, and can be cloned or unique.
3. Issac - Least divisive character of all time. Nobody will complain.
4. Knuckles - Oh, boy. Yes I know "OMG TURD PERTY KARAKTR", but as has been clearly shown, the PMDR is not afraid of 3rd party characters. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Best Sonic rep available.
5. Sami - Easy clone. Important rep.

HALF VOTE
1. Lyn - I wanted to like her, but she is too similar to characters like Sheik and Meta Knight(yes, I've read the moveset suggestions).
2. Tom Nook - Fun idea, but I don't know if they can do his evilness justice.
3. Masked Man - Mother 3 is a masterpiece, but it may be a bit much for such a small series.
4. King K Rool - Practically guarenteed to be DLC. Highest voted 1st party character for Smash 4.
5. Dixie Kong - Too hard to animate.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
UPVOTES
1. Ridley - Possibly the most iconic character available for Project M. There's no chance he's gonna be DLC, he's an extremely important character in a series that has been around since 64, and his moveset potential is doable yet fairly unique. HE IS NOT TOO BIG.
2. Skull Kid - Another give me. Not gonna be DLC, iconic character, and can be cloned or unique.
3. Issac - Least divisive character of all time. Nobody will complain.
4. Knuckles - Oh, boy. Yes I know "OMG TURD PERTY KARAKTR", but as has been clearly shown, the PMDR is not afraid of 3rd party characters. That's all I'm gonna say about that. Best Sonic rep available.
5. Sami - Easy clone. Important rep.

HALF VOTE
1. Lyn - I wanted to like her, but she is too similar to characters like Sheik and Meta Knight(yes, I've read the moveset suggestions).
2. Tom Nook - Fun idea, but I don't know if they can do his evilness justice.
3. Masked Man - Mother 3 is a masterpiece, but it may be a bit much for such a small series.
4. King K Rool - Practically guarenteed to be DLC. Highest voted 1st party character for Smash 4.
5. Dixie Kong - Too hard to animate.
Voting is closed since 2014-early 2015 (don't remember when exactly it was closed).
Also, animating someone like Dixie Kong shouldn't be hard and it can be animated by physics most of the time since its possible to do now (physics from ZSS and Links could be used).

Last edited:

Lunchmanalchemist

Smash Cadet
Voting is closed since 2014-early 2015 (don't remember when exactly it was closed).
Also, animating someone like Dixie Kong shouldn't be hard and it can be animated by physics most of the time since its possible to do now (physics from ZSS and Links could be used).
Yeah I was just throwing my suggestions out. Wasn't really voting. I kinda want to do a full vote for Dixie Kong now, but she seems a little bland. Maybe a Peach clone for the hover?

I have an idea for Skull Kid. What if the moveset took elements not just from the character but from the game as a whole. Similar to Duck Hunt in Smash 4. Also, is there any good movesets for Issac and Ridley out there. Just wondering. Speaking of Issac, I'm getting scared that he will become DLC and we will no longer have him :( He's one of the most voted characters in the Fighter Ballot.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah I was just throwing my suggestions out. Wasn't really voting. I kinda want to do a full vote for Dixie Kong now, but she seems a little bland. Maybe a Peach clone for the hover?

I have an idea for Skull Kid. What if the moveset took elements not just from the character but from the game as a whole. Similar to Duck Hunt in Smash 4. Also, is there any good movesets for Issac and Ridley out there. Just wondering. Speaking of Issac, I'm getting scared that he will become DLC and we will no longer have him :( He's one of the most voted characters in the Fighter Ballot.
Thats not how clones work (both characters need to have same proportions), but i don't see much being done with her either.

I know one good moveset for Ridley. Very detailed. More detailed than anything here and its 100% possible to do. Just search for "project m ridley". Thats all i can say about it without going a bit too far from the topic.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
A recolor based on Felix could work too.

In fact, all of his companions' colors would work as decent recolors too.
(Red)
(Blue)
(Green)
(Unique/Brown)
(White)
(Purple)
Or take it further

With a hypothetical Felix costume for Isaac, give him recolors based on their respective party members (ie. Isaac's default clothes gets Mia, Garet and Ivan colors while the Felix alt gets Sheba, Piers and Jenna colors)

Last edited:

Lunchmanalchemist

Smash Cadet
Thats not how clones work (both characters need to have same proportions), but i don't see much being done with her either.

I know one good moveset for Ridley. Very detailed. More detailed than anything here and its 100% possible to do. Just search for "project m ridley". Thats all i can say about it without going a bit too far from the topic.
Wow you're a real ego type, eh? :happysheep:Probably gonna download it immediately. I do have one minor complaint though. Why'd you base the model of the Other M version of Ridley? That game sucks to be honest.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Why'd you base the model of the Other M version of Ridley? That game sucks to be honest.

If I recall correctly, thanks to Roidley's stumpier lags he's easier to tailor an existing character's skeleton to. the main problem with ridley in Brawl hacking has been that he's too big
lel to fit to a character without making his already alien proportions get even weirder. Other M version kind of gets away with this because he needs less bones. feel free to correct me on that, anyone.

...i'm not overly fond of bagan's build myself, but i think it definitely shows that it's more than possible to do what sakurai has refused to and scale him to an appropriate place for a smash game. I also however think that the limits of what can be achieved in brawl hacking, memory limits and project M's environment kind of set him back a bit for inclusion in Project M

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wow you're a real ego type, eh? :happysheep:Probably gonna download it immediately. I do have one minor complaint though. Why'd you base the model of the Other M version of Ridley? That game sucks to be honest.
Well, technically it is more detailed since it has animations and all. And Brawl model has too many bones.
If I recall correctly, thanks to Roidley's stumpier lags he's easier to tailor an existing character's skeleton to. the main problem with ridley in Brawl hacking has been that he's too big lel to fit to a character without making his already alien proportions get even weirder. Other M version kind of gets away with this because he needs less bones. feel free to correct me on that, anyone.

...i'm not overly fond of bagan's build myself, but i think it definitely shows that it's more than possible to do what sakurai has refused to and scale him to an appropriate place for a smash game. I also however think that the limits of what can be achieved in brawl hacking, memory limits and project M's environment kind of set him back a bit for inclusion in Project M
That model has its own skeleton.

ok ill go this isn't why i was here

Last edited:

Lunchmanalchemist

Smash Cadet
If I recall correctly, thanks to Roidley's stumpier lags he's easier to tailor an existing character's skeleton to. the main problem with ridley in Brawl hacking has been that he's too big lel to fit to a character without making his already alien proportions get even weirder. Other M version kind of gets away with this because he needs less bones. feel free to correct me on that, anyone.

Well, technically it is more detailed since it has animations and all. And Brawl model has too many bones.

That model has its own skeleton.

ok ill go this isn't why i was here
Well it seems like a decent reason, but nobody said you had to use the Brawl model. You can create a new one that follows a more Super Metroid appearance. I don't know it feels a little off to base his appearance on a game that came out 2-3 years later than Brawl if I'm not mistaken. Maybe you can have Other M and Meta Ridley as skins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom