• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And, I would love to have Palutena from Brawl join the fray alongside Pit. Why can't this happen? Why would PM get in trouble?
As far as i know, its "just in case" rule so Nintendo won't stop Project M's development for whatever reasons (it was Project M becoming a threat to SSB4's sales or something).

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
That's cause it's dumb.

You dumb.
Oh, You think it's dumb? Tell me more about how you think me questioning a simple idea is dumb.

As far as i know, its "just in case" rule so Nintendo won't stop Project M's development for whatever reasons (it was Project M becoming a threat to SSB4's sales or something).
Oh ok, that makes sense. Then how do you explain mewtwo? Cause he's soon to be dlc..does this even matter?

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Oh ok, that makes sense. Then how do you explain mewtwo? Cause he's soon to be dlc..does this even matter?
DLC's a different story. It wasn't originally in the game. Besides, ssb4 and Mewtwo's DLC news was only released late this year, right? PM Mewtwo is almost a year old now.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Omg, that mini flame war, why do I miss all the funny stuff O n O

yeah well, i thought it was funny, even though we all have our rough lives, but still those PEW PEWS doe.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Roy, along with Pichu, Dr.Mario and Young Link, can be added into Project M because:
  1. They already appeared in previous game (as explained to me by either Shin. F or someone else).
  2. Mewtwo and Roy are already added.
DLC's a different story. It wasn't originally in the game. Besides, ssb4 and Mewtwo's DLC news was only released late this year, right? PM Mewtwo is almost a year old now.
Isn't he older? He was accidentaly leaked in a screenshot of v2.5 on Pokemon Statium's screen. Discussion of that leak that now doesn't matters is allowed since it was leaked by PMBR and they revealed that they did that later too.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
Mewtwo and Roy, along with Pichu, Dr.Mario and Young Link, can be added into Project M because:
  1. They already appeared in previous game (as explained to me by either Shin. F or someone else).
  2. Mewtwo and Roy are already added.
for the sake of arguing semantics, it's because they're present in some shape or form in brawl, not because "they were in previous smash". if pichu did not appear on brawl in any shape or form he'd most definitely be in more hot water concerning his position as a potential playable character.

Isn't he older? He was accidentaly leaked in a screenshot of v2.5 on Pokemon Statium's screen. Discussion of that leak that now doesn't matters is allowed since it was leaked by PMBR and they revealed that they did that later too.
I think it goes without saying that he meant from the time since he was officially revealed by the PMDT, not from the time they started making him.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
for the sake of arguing semantics, it's because they're present in some shape or form in brawl, not because "they were in previous smash". if pichu did not appear on brawl in any shape or form he'd most definitely be in more hot water concerning his position as a potential playable character.
But then why Palutena, Little Mac, etc. are banned? I know that being present in Brawl is the most important rule.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
But then why Palutena, Little Mac, etc. are banned? I know that being present in Brawl is the most important rule.
They are playable in Smash 4, and the PMDT don't want to back-port characters to stir any C&D responses from Nintendo. Project M is meant to co-exists peacefully alongside the new Smash, not compete against it.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
it'd be nice if people read the Project M clone engine blogpost.

"First and foremost as a game mod, we are still under certain legal obligations and restrictions. To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl. In other words, that restricts us to characters that already appear in the game in some way, such as trophies, assists, or stickers. Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M."

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
They are playable in Smash 4, and the PMDT don't want to back-port characters to stir any C&D responses from Nintendo. Project M is meant to co-exists peacefully alongside the new Smash, not compete against it.
it'd be nice if people read the Project M clone engine blogpost.

"First and foremost as a game mod, we are still under certain legal obligations and restrictions. To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl. In other words, that restricts us to characters that already appear in the game in some way, such as trophies, assists, or stickers. Additionally, to avoid appearing as competition to Smash U/3DS sales in Nintendo's eyes, we do not have any plans to try to "back port" any new Smash 4 characters to Project M."
I know i know. I know other rules. The original question was is Mewtwo allowed since he is playable in SSB4. When i asked same thing (but with Roy included), answer was that they already were playable in Melee, so, no big deal. And that are they already done.

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
I know i know. I know other rules. The original question was is Mewtwo allowed since he is playable in SSB4. When i asked same thing (but with Roy included), answer was that they already was in Melee, so, no big deal. And that are they already done.
I'd say with Mewtwo he's just become a "well, it's too late now" sort of thing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I'd say with Mewtwo he's just become a "well, it's too late now" sort of thing.
But what would happen if he would be revealed when not enough would be done? Would he, the most requested thing to return from Melee and part of it as signifficant as Melee's physics for many (but not me), get the boot or what?

Last edited:

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
But what would happen if he, the most requested thing to return from Melee, would be revealed when not enough would be done? Would he get the boot or what?
C'mon, man, do I look like the PMDT? I'm only parroting what has ever been said by them where appropriate and making an educated guess.

possibly. possibly not. I don't know.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Well I certainly didn't mean to cause all this chaos on this thread just by asking about Palutena and Mewtwo! Lol
Does anyone know when they are going to close the poll and update it again? Seriously, I really need to know

Hagrid

Smash Apprentice
Since the poll will be closing soon, I would like to take the chance to alter my votes:

I previously voted +1 to Dixie Kong and +1/2 to King K. Rool.

I would now like to vote +1 to King K. Rool and +1/2 to Dixie Kong.

(so basically taking half a point from Dixie and adding it to K. Rool)

And that is all.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Well,I'll throw a half-vote:
+1/2 to Midna/Midna & Wolf Link(my preferred version.)

If she's in the game I'd prefer imp-form,and Wolf Link with her would be the best,and make the most sense as a fighter too.
Wolf can do the heavy lifting,and Midna'll throw in some magic attacks.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
To clarify better

+1 to

Ridley. (Metroid main villian)
King K Rool (dk main villian)
Saki (main sin and punishment protagonist)
Krystal (star fox love interest with cool Moveset potential)
Tom Nook ( main character of the animal crossing series)

Paper Mario would be dope as well 1/2 vote for him.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
To clarify better

+1 to

Ridley. (Metroid main villian)
King K Rool (dk main villian)
Saki (main sin and punishment protagonist)
Krystal (star fox love interest with cool Moveset potential)
Paper Mario ( main character of his important RPG series)
Thank you, at least some people care about Saki and Krystal

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I'd like to change +1 Crash Bandicoot with +1 Nathan Drake.

Edit: 100th message!

Well, it took me more than 4 years.

Last edited:

Komon

Smash Rookie
+1 Vote:
- Paper Mario (Would be really cool but perhaps too difficult?)
- King K. Rool
- Pichu
(To complete the Melee roster! Toon Link already shares many attributes with Young Link in Project M and is a young Link in a very literal sense!)
- Tingle (Haters be damned!)
- Waluigi

+1/2 Vote:
- Tom Nook
- Dixie
- Tetra

-1 Vote:
- Young Link (Reasons stated with Pichu!)
- Toon Zelda (Pretty uniteresting clone character)
- Dark Samus (Would look like another alt costume)
- Ridley (In b4 too big! I don't want a shrunk down version of his boss form. I don't think he would work great as a fighter either, with his very thin frame and big wings. I also really don't like his Other M design, which probably is who is easiest to base him on)
- Any Sonic/MSG series character (I think one character per third party franchise is enough. Simply wouldn't feel right to have Knuckles in the game. I wouldn't mind another character from a different 3rd party franchise, but that won't happen.)

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I've noticed that asking for Young Link from OoT/Melee back is kind of like asking for Adult Link from Oot/Melee to come back. It just won't happen, they've been replaced.
They would be amazing. GunBlade and a staff Moveset sounds perfect.
Yeah, I would play as Saki, Krystal and even Isaac and Lyn alk the time all the time because I know they're likely to get in. They'd all have awesome movesets. I think they deserved to be in brawl from the start

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I've noticed that asking for Young Link from OoT/Melee back is kind of like asking for Adult Link from Oot/Melee to come back. It just won't happen, they've been replaced.

Yeah, I would play as Saki, Krystal and even Isaac and Lyn alk the time all the time because I know they're likely to get in. They'd all have awesome movesets. I think they deserved to be in brawl from the start
Same they all should have been in smash on their own already including the others I've listed.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Does anyone know when they are going to close the poll and update it again? Seriously, I really need to know
I'll be putting everything together after I get back from work. Expect it around 5 PST.

Also, as I said before, I'll probably continue to count votes for a while longer.I don't plan on meeting any deadlines though, so don't expect much.

+1 Vote:
- Paper Mario (Would be really cool but perhaps too difficult?)
- King K. Rool
- Pichu
(To complete the Melee roster! Toon Link already shares many attributes with Young Link in Project M and is a young Link in a very literal sense!)
- Tingle (Haters be damned!)
- Waluigi

+1/2 Vote:
- Tom Nook
- Dixie
- Tetra

-1 Vote:
- Young Link
- Toon Zelda
- Dark Samus
- Ridley
- Any Sonic/MSG series character
If you could provide reasons for the down votes so I can count them, that would be wonderful.

Also as a reminder for everyone trying to change past votes, we try to keep this down to a minimum. Votes are set in stone unless you provide a genuine reason for the change. Blackendorf vote changes I'll accept if you think the recent changes to dorf did him justice.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If you don't mind my asking,which of the vote-counters used to have the cat and sheet avatar?
I know @Shin F. has had EarthBound kids,and @Friesnchip has the anime picture.
So I know it was either @Solbliminal or @ JCOnyx JCOnyx who had that avatar.
Kinda pointless,I know,but the avatar is usually how I remember someone.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
If you don't mind my asking,which of the vote-counters used to have the cat and sheet avatar?
I know @Shin F. has had EarthBound kids,and @Friesnchip has the anime picture.
So I know it was either @Solbliminal or @ JCOnyx JCOnyx who had that avatar.
Kinda pointless,I know,but the avatar is usually how I remember someone.
I had the avatar with Luna's devil eyes in the window, which is what you're talking about. I recently changed to Squirtle, because Squirtle is the **** lol.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I also really don't like his Other M design, which probably is who is easiest to base him on
I doubt they will use 1:1 model rip from Other M. That model can be fixed easily:
It also fixes "thin frame" issue with its bulky...pretty much everything and wings can be shrunk down to be at least normal in size, like on Charizard. Oh, and they will most likely use Brawl model because its from Brawl and fits Samus better since it uses design from same game. And that one had normal wings.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Same they all should have been in smash on their own already including the others I've listed.
They're either assists, trophies, or a boss and not playable for unexplained reasons. Seriously, Sakurai, we really need to know! Lol
I'll be putting everything together after I get back from work. Expect it around 5 PST.

Also, as I said before, I'll probably continue to count votes for a while longer.I don't plan on meeting any deadlines though, so don't expect much.

If you could provide reasons for the down votes so I can count them, that would be wonderful.

Also as a reminder for everyone trying to change past votes, we try to keep this down to a minimum. Votes are set in stone unless you provide a genuine reason for the change. Blackendorf vote changes I'll accept if you think the recent changes to dorf did him justice.
yay! I wanna know how some of my most wanted characters are doing

Komon

Smash Rookie
I doubt they will use 1:1 model rip from Other M. That model can be fixed easily:
It also fixes "thin frame" issue with its bulky...pretty much everything and wings can be shrunk down to be at least normal in size, like on Charizard. Oh, and they will most likely use Brawl model because its from Brawl and fits Samus better since it uses design from same game. And that one had normal wings.
What I meant was I really dislike the design of Other M Ridley, be it in Other M, Smash Bros or any other situation.

If they were to base him on a shrunk down version of the Brawl boss on the other hand, then they would probably have to remove the boss, which I don't like either.

That said, I don't want to take this discussion further. I don't discredit anyone who wants Ridley to be a playable character. My personal opinion is just that I'd rather him not be.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I think a touched up roidly is the best version of Ridley for smash. Either that or a port of the Ridley from the melee trailer.
Bet there are no animations for Ridley in that trailer, just pre rendered cutscenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom