• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Finally last but not least King K. Rool (assuming he is not in smash for wii U) I mean with kremlings in smash run he might be in smash wiiU but if he is not then he definitely needs to be in PM. Villains are needed, DK has only 2 reps, plus he wouldn't be another clone like cranky kong would be.
WHAT

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
+1 Ninten (Definitely like the idea of a strategic character who's viable in singles but excels in doubles. He can be given strong defensive options and healing)
+1 Masked Man (A mixture of the earthbound kids' and meta knight's movement can lead to some crazy mix ups. Plus utility with the gun arm and range with the sword)
He... He voted for both... :'D

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Well, I've changed my mind on a lot of things. I used to support Black Shadow/Ganondorf, but now I think it'd be better to just give Ganondorf a stance change. I also like Andy a lot more now.
Did you vote under the same name before hand? I went to search for your votes but we don't have a Zzuxon in our data sheet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it lol.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Did you vote under the same name before hand? I went to search for your votes but we don't have a Zzuxon in our data sheet.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it lol.
Did you take down his changed votes as well? I wasn't sure if I should without the groups approval.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
No, I did not. I just wanted to see what he had voted for before.
I suppose I should note that I added his new half-votes, but I didn't touch his old ones.
I do apologize for not keeping up with the votes just yet though guys. OpenOffice has been glitching out weirdly to the chart, so I didn't want to screw anything up. I've got it figured out now though, so we should be good on my end.

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
When is the next update expected to be around? Like this summer winter or next year? And would you be filling all of these clone spots or just 1 or 2?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
When is the next update expected to be around? Like this summer winter or next year? And would you be filling all of these clone spots or just 1 or 2?
We are not the ones filling in the clone slots, as that is something determined by the Project M: Back Room developers. This is just a poll thread made to show the PMBR what choices we would be fond of seeing if they decide to fill in the clone engine slots.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
This isn't an official poll, so we don't know the answer to any of these.

This is just a tally to see who are the most popular characters among people. We don't even know if the PMBR will even include characters past Mewtwo and Roy.

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I do apologize for not keeping up with the votes just yet though guys. OpenOffice has been glitching out weirdly to the chart, so I didn't want to screw anything up. I've got it figured out now though, so we should be good on my end.
No problem, I'm just hoping no one votes for a bit since I have the sheet open while browsing through the thread for 3rd party downvotes, since they usually weren't tallied towards Liquid since he came up about 50ish pages in. I've found a couple so far and a neutral that wasn't counted towards him. On page 45 right now.

We actually don't know ourselves. Not part of the PMBR, just really big fans. I for one think that if they'd add their own character, it would really help give P:M it's own identity among the Smash Universe. That's why I'm such an adamant supporter of a new character being added, preferably from a franchise that currently isn't represented.

Last edited:

Ali Baba 177

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I was confused because the original post wwas by a back roomer and said there were 5 open clone spots,, so I assumed theyd be filled. They really should though as it would be fun and a perfect thing for summer time craziness.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Oh, I was confused because the original post wwas by a back roomer and said there were 5 open clone spots,, so I assumed theyd be filled. They really should though as it would be fun and a perfect thing for summer time craziness.
A Smashboards Back Roomer, not a Project M Back Roomer. Project M Back Roomers have their own ribbons that say so.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I now realize.... it sucks Impa does not have some form of appearance in Smash. She looks freaking fantastic in Hyrule Warriors and I was frantically looking through the cameo list to see if she would be a character worth discussing. Another character to throw in the Vaati pile.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So I now realize.... it sucks Impa does not have some form of appearance in Smash. She looks freaking fantastic in Hyrule Warriors and I was frantically looking through the cameo list to see if she would be a character worth discussing. Another character to throw in the Vaati pile.
Yeah, I remember her getting brought up earlier in the thread shortly after Captain Syrup got Vaati'd and someone brought up that Impa was also missing.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah it sucks not having one of the original 4 Zelda characters in Brawl.

But at least Skull Kid makes up for it.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Along with Medusa and Captain Syrup

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, I remember her getting brought up earlier in the thread shortly after Captain Syrup got Vaati'd and someone brought up that Impa was missing.
I was going to do the same when it clicked in my mind that she was brought up before. Sakurai wasn't joking about that development time.

Yeah it sucks not having one of the original 4 Zelda characters in Brawl.

But at least Skull Kid makes up for it.
Maybe for a lot of other fans. But believe it or not, I just don't care much for Skull Kid. His appearance wouldn't mean much to myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to his appearance.

Along with Medusa and Captain Syrup
DeMille and E. Gadd.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
A quick question Saito concerning this post:

If they are giving spots to third party characters then I don't mind another sonic character.
My only reason for the shadow downvote comes from the third party potential legal problems but if they are willing to pursue it I'd change my downvote on sonic characters to 1/2 votes.

I'd give shadow the upvote but my upvotes aren't changing.
I found that you had given all Sonic/3rd parties downvotes earlier in the thread, then I found this post. But the 3rd party character are still -1 votes on our spreadsheet, was this supposed to be changed or had you changed your mind and downvoted them again?

D

Deleted member

Is anyone here thinking about making threads for supporting characters, similar to the ones in the SSB4 Character Discussion forum?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Is anyone here thinking about making threads for supporting characters, similar to the ones in the SSB4 Character Discussion forum?
People have tried,
Those people were shot down by the almighty Alakadoof.
His word is absolute.
One thread is sufficient to me. There's only individual threads on the Smash 4 side, because there are too many being made everyday to manage.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
A quick question Saito concerning this post:

I found that you had given all Sonic/3rd parties downvotes earlier in the thread, then I found this post. But the 3rd party character are still -1 votes on our spreadsheet, was this supposed to be changed or had you changed your mind and downvoted them again?
They were supposed to go to 1/2 votes.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
+1 Skull Kid
+1 Ridley
+1 Dark Samus
+1 King K. Rool
+1 Tom Nook

I just... I just really want more villains in smash.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Because there is new blood in the works, voting has reopened, and because others have done the same, Ima quote all of the movesets I've made in this thread for everyone to see. One last time. Keep in mind that these are ALL FE movesets.

These were fun times, these was.

I guess I'll post my (almost) complete moveset for Hector.
I'm just posting it for fun at this point (and because Hector's barely had any discussion at all)
[collapse=Open if you care]

NORMALS:

JAB COMBO:
Jab 1: Left Hook Punch (does 2-3% damage, poor range as far as jabs go)
Jab 2: Reverse Roundhouse Kick (does 3%)
Immediate Follow-up with Horizontal Ax Slash
(does 8%, has light-armor frames, has good knockback, can kill mid-weights at >120% if sweet spotted)

*A fairly situational jab sequence, similar to Lucas' in execution (two inputs, three attacks).

DASH ATTACK:
An upwards Ax sweep similar to Wolf's DA in function. (does 7-11%, as great range for a dash attack, has a lot of end lag, easily punished.)

TILTS:
S-Tilt: Stabby-Thrust (like Roy's, but with a two-handed ax. does 4-7%. can be angled, a keep-away side tilt)

U-Tilt: Ganondorf's vBrawl U-Smash, with less start and end lag (does 4-6%, allows for juggles and follow-ups)

D-Tilt: Hilt Poke (does 4%, has almost no knockback on-stage with hella hitstun, has meteor properties off-stage)

SMASHES:
F-Smash: Similar to Dedede's side smash, animation wise. Has 2 optional attacks (by pressing A, he twirls around and does the same attack again, moving slighty forward each time.)

(Super-Armor on first hit. 1st hit: 10-22%, depending on charge. 2nd hit: 10-15%. 3rd: hit: 10-15%. Each attack has a slight quake effect, similar to Wario's D-Smash. MAJOR shield damage. MAJOR end lag. Impossible for these attacks to link without inhuman SDI. 1st and 3rd attacks similar to Ike's F-Smash in knockback, 2nd is much weaker.)

*One of his PM "gimmicks"

U-Smash: Shoryuken with a BIG *** AX (Super-Armor frames, does 15-25%, depending on charge. More vertical knockback than Ike's U-Smash, bothersome start and end lag.)

D-Smash: Spins 3 times with his Ax, similar to Roy's and Dedede's animation wise (Light-Armor frames, does 8-17%, depending on charge and if sweet/sour spotted, great horizontal knockback with a lasting hitbox all the way through on the ax and his body)

AERIALS:
Nair: 2 forward kicks, each similar to Mario's Nair in knockback (1st and 2nd hit: 4% each, can kill at high percents)

Uair: I dunno how to describe this. Imagine Wario doing his U-Tilt in the air if he were holding an ax.....yeah..got nothing else, yet. (very quick aerial, does 6%, juggles though)

Bair: A downward ax swing behind Hector. (does 7-12%, if sweet/sour spotted. spike properties if sweet spotted, moderate start up lag.)

Dair: Ike's Nair, without as much horizontal coverage. (does 7-12%, sends opponent diagonnally upwards, depending on what point of the swing connects. moderate kill power. no meteor properties)

Fair: Does 3 frontflips while holding out his ax. Think like Metaknight's Nair, but lasting much longer with INSANE range. If holding A, Hector will gain forward momentum while falling, during the attack animation. Is Jump or UpB cancellable, if double jump isn't used. (3 hits, each doing 7-10%. Excellent knockback on each hit, so they can't really flow into each other, while they all have potent killing potential. MAJOR end lag [a bit longer than Link's Dair] if not L=cancelled)

*his OTHER main gimmick

GRAB GAME:
Pummel: A headbutt, like Ike's, does more damage (dunno the numbers)

F-Throw: Hector Knee (does 4%, medium knockback, can chain throw at lower percents)

B-Throw: Backward Ax Sweep (does 6%, high knockback for a throw)

U-Throw: Upward Ax Sweep (does 7%, latches opponent onto the ax and flings them, can reliably kill off the top at higher percents)

D-Throw: Stomp (does 4%, similar to Snake's D-throw, an excellent tech chase throw)

SPECIALS: (copy and pasted from previous post with minor changes)

Up B: Standard attack animation (whatever it's called)

I couldn't find the animation I wanted, but he jumps WAY higher. It wouldn't allow for a lot of lateral recovery, but it could be used as an aerial finisher, with a hitbox all the way through (sweet spot on the axe, sour spot on his body).

*Light Armor frames, does 8-10%, has meteor properties on the downward swing.

Side B: Hand-Axe (using the Boomerang as a base)

Functioning almost exactly like the boomerang, traveling twice as fast. Maybe doing more damage with less hit-stun as a trade-off.

*does 6%, hitstun similar to Falco lasers

Neutral B: Warrior Critical Spin Attack

Chargable. Once fully charged, allows Hector to move across the stage while spinning, similar to Toon Link, but a LOT slower. Press B again for the optional second hit. Instant fast fall if used in the air.

*spin sequence does 10% all the way through, has less range than Link's spin attack, always sends opponents up diagonally.

*optional hit does 8%, has meteor properties

While I know Hector doesn't do this in-game, just look at all of the FE and Mother characters. A lot of them take attacks from their allies or just pull some crap out of nowhere (Eruption? Seriously, what is that?).

Down B: Parry

Similar to Counter in function, with twice the number of active frames Marth's Counter has. The counter-attack does 4% and has set knockback, sending the opponent a considerably far distance. A "get out mah face" move, primarily.

FINAL SMASH: Armads Critical (just for lols)

Stuns all players on stage, INSTAKILL on axe hit, causes a tremor effect that does 30% to any characters standing on the stage that aren't hit by the axe.

TAUNTS:
****, I don't know.

[/collapse]

How was that? Good? Bad? Stupid?
I like feedback...
Based on popular demand (3 people), I will be giving ideas for Micaiah's specials (cloned from Ness). A full moveset may come later.
[collapse=da special specials]
Neutral B: Mend
very pretty, much heal...

A traditional Fire Emblem healing staff. Works just like Ivysaur's Synthesis, but working 1.25x faster. (dunno the actual numbers). Instead of being a charging sequence for an attack, the primary purpose of this is healing. However, upon the first 3 frames of the move, it acts as a pseudo-Counter. She'll counter using the staff, dealing 4% and causing a trip.

I would've used her trademark move "Sacrifice", but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense in a 1 v 1, and I dunno if it's possible to recreate in teams. If it is possible, maybe it can be like a Taunt switch type of thing, switching between Mend and Sacrifice.

Up B: Rexaura

On the ground, sends a large pillar of light energy directly above her, kind of like Pikachu's Thunder.
In the air, Micaiah fires the same pillar below her, propelling her upwards.
Not a good edge guarding technique due to the knockback, which always sends the enemy straight up, but good for kills off the top. Does 15% and doesn't have as much knockback as one would expect.

Side B: Light Ball (cloned from Ness' Final Smash)

PK Starstorm, but a little smaller (just a little). No charge necessary. Fires it straight ahead on the ground, diagonally downwards in the air (doing so will also send her backwards, like Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, allowing for SOME use in recovery). Travels VERY slow (just a bit faster than Lucario's Spirit Bomb), posing the threat of a strong, lingering hitbox. Only two can be out at a time. Does 13%, can only kill midweights at VERY high percents (>200%). Primarily a spacing move.

Down B: Thani (cloned from Ness' PK Flash)

Her signature spell in FE10.
I have 2 possibilities for how it could be made.

1. Having it travel and exploding at a set distance, not requiring player control, freeing up the player for
movement. This method is MUCH more useful than Ness' PK Flash, befitting for a signature attack.
The player can press Down B again to have it explode instantly for less power.
(25%, 15% if exploded prematurely)

*This would be optimal

2. Having it work EXACTLY like PK Flash with minor aesthetic changes. The easy way.

Final Smash: Goddess Yune

Micaiah becomes possessed by the Goddess Yune and uses all of her powers.
Her eyes become red and she emits a light yellow aura.
ALL of her attacks triple in percentage and knockback for 20 seconds.
She can move twice as fast and has an infinite number of jumps.

*Very minor spoilers

[/collapse]
Potential Alt Costumes:

Her original appearance for reference

Light Sage (I would prefer this one, her cutest outfit IMO)

Light Priestess

Her Awakening, fan servicey appearance (Dark Mage)

Muy bueno?
Tres mal?
How I do?
Coming up with normals for Micaiah has been pretty weird so far.
So instead, I'll post my ideas for The Black Knight.

His song is in the game, so why not?
(cloned from Ganondork or Lukaryoh, read to see why)
[collapse=dis nyugga]

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Alondite Flare

In FE9-10, Ike and The Ebonic Soldier both had a ranged attack using the two swords of the goddess:
Ragnell
and Alondite
. Ike's sword shot a blue flame/slash/shockwave (canonically it's a flame, but it looks like a slash or a shockwave), while this guy's sword shot a red flame/slash/shockwave. Ike didn't get this attack in Smash (bcuz Sakurai), but now we can represent this attack with the Black Knight.

How it works: Imagine almost ALL of Zelda's attacks in Brawl minus or Vergil's dimentional slash in UMvC3. They both create a long range, disjointed hit box. This is will be just like that, but a lot less spammy than Zelda and more tactical than both.

By holding B, BK will charge his sword (similar to Ike's quick draw). The longer the button is held, the further the hit box will appear, and the more powerful the attack will be. The max distance that can be covered with this attack is around 3/4s of FD. Once the button is released, the BK will slash at the air, and a red slash hitbox will appear somewhere in front of him, depending on the charge. If it is possible, I would also give him the option to aim it up diagonally, as an EXTREMELY situational anti-air.

Edit: If differing distances isn't possible, then having the hitbox appear in a set location with the charge only affecting damage and knockback is an okay alternative for me.

Sword Slash damage: 15-30% depending on charge, killing power similar to an Ike F-Smash
Disjointed Slash damage: 12-15% depending on charge, killing power similar to a Mario Nair

Side B: Lethal Thrust (command grab, cloned from Ganon or Luke)

BK lunges forward and stabs the opponent, shishkababing them in the process.
With the opponent on his sword, he flings them upwards, setting up for another attack.
Those who have played FE9 will know why this is here, and why it's so gruesome.

Does around 12% and has set knockback, sends into helpless mode if used unsuccessfully in midair.

Up B: Warp Powder

Functions like Zelda and Mewtwo's teleports, but doesn't go as far as either one.
Has minor start-up lag, using the entry animation for FE fighters.
Has NO landing lag whatsoever, so it can be used for follow-ups and combos on the ground.

Made helpless if used in the air.

Down B: Nihil

Option 1:
A typical FE counter.
Would be the strongest counter of the cast, functioning like Roy's, but having a greater effect.
Would also be the hardest to land as a result.

Option 2:
This would be a counter with an afterimage effect, like Lucario's.
Once the counter is activated, the player teleports behind the opponent, wherever they might be.
The player can then perform any action.
Absolutely NO idea if this is possible, but it would be dope.

Final Smash: Eclipse

A cinematic, insta-kill combo, just like Ike and Roy's.
Finishes with a giant fire wave (or just a red flash) summoned by Alondite to hit all players on screen.

[/collapse]

Alternate Costumes:
If you thought Masked Man was bad for spoilers, this MAY be worse. But there aren't many other alternatives.
[collapse=WARNING: Legit Spoiler Ahead]

Zelgius. His alter ego.

This armor is VERY distinct from his original black armor.
Perhaps to avoid spoilers, he can also wear an altered helmet of some kind.
[/collapse]

OR

:troll: :troll: :troll:

:troll: :troll: :troll:

eh
Criticism, give me some.
You know what...
I'M ON A ROLL RIGHT NOW.
EPHRAIM TIME, LET'S GO! (cloned from Link)

SPECIALS

Neutral B: Javelin (cloned from Link's arrows)

Ephraim pulls out another lance and throws it at a high velocity.
Just picture a REALLY big arrow from Link, with all of the attack's properties.

*Now for the not-so-canon stuff

Up B: Highwind

Paying homage to the great lance users and dragoons of the Final Fantasy series. Jumps a RIDICULOUSLY high height, and comes down hard, thrusting his lance into the ground. Has a slight tremor effect and can cancel the dropping attack animation by pressing Up on the control stick (like Dedede).

Side B: Kilik Cheese (for lack of a better name)

You know dat one guy from Soul Caliber...with the stick...and his annoying pokey-poke attack?
Well, this is that move.
Ephraim stabs the opponent 3 times with one input. The player can then execute a finisher with a directional-B or the C-Stick.

Up: Upwards Swing: kills off the top at high percents
Forward: Final Stab: reliable horizontal finisher
Down: Angled Stab: Spike
Back: Backward Thrust: cuz why not, right

Basically Ephraim's Dancing Lance

Down B: Royal Flourish

Flourishes his lance in front of him similar to this fashion.
Down B is held down for a stationary multi-hit attack, and can effectively stuff approaches with the reads. This will also act as a Reflecter, rather than a counter.
*JUMP CANCELLABLE mid-animation
*Slight start-up lag

Final Smash: Grand Highwind

Highwind on roids.
Stuns players caught in the attack's start-up, destroys all players on stage.

*Yeah...I dunno what else to use.

Alternate Costume:

Need I say more?

This is DEFINITELY not the final product.
Made strictly due to hype.

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Can't count how many times I've laughed from this thread, be it from one of Alfonzo's ninja posts or Bleck's Colbert troll incident (even if it drove me absolutely insane before hand).
Not sure what you're referring to here.
Does it involve black people?

Plebiscuit

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARL#168
+1 Sami
+1 Isaac
+1 Ganondorf + Black Shadow
+1 Skull Kid
+1 Slippy (hilarity ensues)

-1 Lyn (the last thing P:M needs is more disjoint-wielding Fire Emblem swordfolk)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Shameless Self Promotion.

We're free to discuss whatever we want now about characters and such right?

Ok I'mma go ahead and babble on about Pichu for a little bit.

:pichumelee:Pichu:pichumelee:

Ah yes, the little rascal from Melee that everyone loves to hate.
^Also this is top tier Alt costume potential^

Crippled heavily by its weight and fall speed. It's falling speed is just fast enough to be chain grabbed and is light enough to be sent out of stage relatively easy. It has rather lackluster range and it's grab has quite the end lag to end them all if you catch my drift. This makes getting close and personal with Pichu a relatively dangerous task. However, when Pichu gets in, Pichu gets in. Range aside, Pichu rocks a moveset similar to that of Pikachu; which is relatively solid. However, what lies in the differences of their moves is what makes them different. (Albeit Pichu's differences were not great enough in melee to make him worth playing)
It's not that his good traits weren't good enough, but the fact that its bad traits were bad enough to where it was a really glaring problem.
Crippled by a long inherent amount of hitstun, a relatively low weight, bad tech rolls, bad rolling dodge, relatively predictable Ledge roll, short wavedash, and HORRIBLE grab range. And who can forget his notorious self damaging mechanic.

But Pichu isn't without good traits either. Sporting surprisingly devastating power, this little rodent actually packs quite the punch. It loves to get greedy though I assure you that. Pichu's able to chaingrab fast fallers and set up pretty solid combos when it gets the chance. It's got a small body size but a shield that covers him enough to make him less susceptible to shield stabbing. Pichu's small stature also helps it avoid grabs from some of the taller cast. His Uair launches enemies at a consistent rate into the air regardless of crouch cancelling so it's great for getting bowser off of the ground. (Along with anyone else.) His moves have extremely short endlag so they are really dangerous for SHFFL shenanigans.

I really think there is a lot of potential here if we correct some of the flaws that Pichu had and change him up a bit more.

:pichumelee:Now for what could be changed:pichumelee:
We should focus first on the really crippling traits that can be changed reasonably.

1. Pichu's weight being able to be changed is debatable. It can't be greater than Pikachu's but it definitely can be increased. This is assuming it wouldn't mess with his endlag (I don't think they are related?)
  2. Pichu's wavedash more than likely can be increased to make him slide a bit more. This could make Wavedash into Dtilt a much more solid option, but range would still make that a dangerous tactic. But everyone can benefit from having a better wavedash.
  3. Pichu's grab range is abysmal. Might as well be nonexistent. This is because of his relatively short arms, along with his running grab which is slow, predictable, doesn't cover much ground, and takes forever to end. I would suggest that it be changed to a bit of a lunge in vein of a tackle (attack) to replace the grab. It's something that can cover better ground, still work as a grab, and potentially be able to be acted out of quicker while evading attacks that are REALLY low on the ground.
  4. Roll range, Ledge roll range, and hitstun could all be adjusted to better reach a balance that doesn't get him killed at the sight of a captain Falcon. Not godmode, but just reasonable enough to be able to complement his needs.
  5. Range is a problem that can't really be tackled without changing a lot, Helping his approach might better suit him to make him something of a "close and personal" type fighter.
  6. Self damage needs to stay but be reworked to provide an incentive not to overabuse the tools that a revamped Pichu will have at hand. Who knows though? someone might learn a crazy playstyle and be the only person that does damage to themselves. (I'm implying that the opponent won't be able to even land a hit. :smirk:)

:pichumelee:With that being said, let's move into the improvements of existing moves or changes to other moves.:pichumelee:
-------------------

@OrangeSodaGuy had a great idea in this post which gave out some sexy suggestions.
Make sure to read the hyperlinked post before reading along.

• It was suggested that Pichu's recovery ability "Agility" be changed from 2 travels like Pikachu's to be unique in it's own way by sporting 3 travels while being shorter than Pikachu's recovery. I agree with this suggestion, because a light character like Pichu should not be easy to gimp to balance out the low KO percentages. I would propose that Agility off of this idea is also a bit modified as well.
  • It should retain it's endlag from Melee when falling from the air. However, this should also apply when you hit the ground with Pichu while using agility as well. Essentially Pichu would be able to act almost instantly out of an agility onto the floor to quickly respond to a new situation. Similar to how ZSS can dash right out of her blaster shot.
  • The damage dealt to Pichu should be modified to deal 1% per agility. Agility should not get the ability to use quick attack cancel.

Moving onto Thunder Jolt. While I think it being able to paralyze would be really good, I also think it might be a bit too powerful since it travels across the stage and can go under it as well. Perhaps just make it travel faster and coming out quicker would be a better solution. It's damage should also be changed to 1% dealt to Pichu.

Pichu's down special is not very good. It doesn't have that kill power because they wanted to make it different from Pikachu's. While I think the discharge idea was good as well I'm not so sure that I'm fond of how it works.

Discharge would definitely be the down special. I was thinking something more along the lines of Naryu's love without the reflecting properties. Not as powerful as it nor sporting invincibility to make it a get out of jail free card, but a relatively safe way to assist in Pichu's options.
  • It would have a range that is a little smaller than the range that thunderbolt when it hits Pichu connects. electricity would emerge and surround Pichu, not unlike Ness's PSI magnet. These shocks would flinch the enemy away the same way a jab would.
  • It should also have a way to "release" the discharge in a sense. While the move is being used if the normal attack button is pressed, it should create a shockwave that goes out a little bit farther than the initial discharge but be sporting a good amount of power. However, using this move would not be without a cost of 10% damage. The closest parallel to this move that I can draw would be Lucas' Neutral special after it's fully charged.
  • It should keep the momentum that Pichu had when the move is used and be land cancellable as well. End lag on it when it's used normally should not be so fast that pichu can grab the enemy out of it, but be fast enough to where he can escape an enemy attack right after it.

Moving into other ways to improve his moveset.

1. His Uair is perfect the way it is. It requires no changes
  2. His Fair is great for SHFFL grab shenanigans so on top of a potentially improved grab reach, this move would be very good to stay.
  3. His Dair is also a really good and useful move. I think it would be criminal to make it a pretty good spike as well, but it would definitely assist with using the move onstage, but also for off stage KO's. It's something that Pichu could benefit heavily from, but does it really fit? I think so.
  4. Bair should probably be left as it is since it makes for a good turn around aerial approach option that Fair can't fill.
  5. Nair is fine as it is, However, The length of the move could be shortened so it could reasonably be used twice in one short hop, not unlike Marth's infamous double Fair off of one short hop. This would make it even more dangerous, something that I think Pichu will definitely need if he makes it into project M.

Let's talk about skull bash now.
First off, let's just change it to Volt Charge. It differentiates it from Pikachu's skull bash, justifies the self damage, and definitely justifies it being more powerful.
I actually have no idea's on how to improve it, so I'll come back to this later.

Pichu's smash attacks are completely fine.

Pichu's tilts could use work but I'm not entirely sure what should be changed about them. I'll also revisit this later.

I think that covers everything.

--------------------------------

:pichumelee:Whew! that was a lot of typing!:pichumelee:
Hopefully some people might of looked over this and said, "This might actually be fun to play as!" I could hope but who knows.

I guess I'll post some Pichu matches to build up more hype.

Pichu vs Shiek
Only the first round.
Pichu vs Fox/Falco

Other than that, I don't really think I have anything else to say. All I have to say is that I hope you choose the Pichu side.

:sasukexumbreon:Shadow The Hedgehog:sasukexumbreon:

Anything you say about him is invalid because he is an Edgemaster.
Ah yes, Shadow the hedgehog. One of the most controversial characters to even consider as an addition to smash brothers. A lot of people hate the sonic fanbase, hate the new sonic games, and definitely hate this guy right here. It's probably because he was immensely popular at a time. Then Sonic went downhill to most people and Shadow got to star in his own game which pretty much overdid everything that he stood for. Sonic adventure 2 Shadow was probably when he was at his best and the only real reasons to not like him was either that you hated antagonists that were serious, or you didn't like the fact that he was another hedgehog. That's for another time though...

While he shares many similarities with sonic in terms of appearance, and height, his fighting style tends to differ greatly (where they actually have fighting :troll:)
While sonic's moves can be interpreted as mainly a brawler, Shadow's can be seen as having much more finesse, but having a kick focus. Other than being amazing at kicking, second only to Chun Li, Shadow also tends to imbue his attacks with Chaos Energy. It's kind of what puts him over sonic to be blunt. Nonetheless, it makes him even more fearsome,

Rambling aside, let's get into these moves.

• Jab : AA : Head kick followed by a kick inwards towards the stomach.
    Second and third hit of the image. Faster though.
  • Ftilt : Spinning kick inwards. Preceded by a step forward.
  • Utilt : Two upward kicks. Similar to vBrawl sonic's Utilt. two kicks instead of three. Good for juggling.
  • Dtilt : Dash slide past the enemy. Enemy sent flying similarly to DK's dash attack. Relatively long start up time.
  • Fsmash : Throws out balled fist with Chaos energy imbued. Sends enemies straight upwards.
  • Usmash : Back flip kick. Similar to fox, but not nearly as powerful.
  • Dsmash :
    4th hit of the image. Very powerful but long start up like in the image.
  • Nair : Sonic's Nair, Sends enemies upwards instead of away.
  • Fair : Snap's finger's and a small burst of chaos energy attacks a set distance away from Shadow. Good knockback. Spacing is key. Short ending lag
  • Dair : Dive kick like Sonic's but does not force Shadow downwards. Extremely powerful spike when hit with sweetspot. Pushes enemies away when hit at any other point.
  • Bair : A backwards kick most similar to Fox's vBrawl Bair. Faster start up, slightly less power. Sends enemies away at a nasty horizontal angle curving downwards.
  • Uair : Backflip kick. Only hits in front to right above shadow's head. Relatively powerful.
  • Nspecial : Chaos spear. Chargeable. Shoots straight forward on the ground. Shoots at a 45 degree angle downward's in mid air.
  • Fspecial (Ground) : A dash on the ground. Has a start up but relatively fast when used on the ground. Propels shadow forward at a speed slightly slower than sonic's max running speed. Able to start a dash from it near the starting frames. Later frames would be similar to changing directions during a full speed run. Turning during the later frames of this move can hit the enemy similar to Squirtle's Dash turn attack. Functions similarly to a dash. Can crouch/dash attack/jump during it.
  • Fspecial (Air) : Air dash straight forward. does no damage, but can be hit during it. Cancel's aerial momentum. Able to act after the distance of the air dash has been covered. Distance similar to that of Fox/Falco Illusion.
  • Uspecial : Chaos control : Literally mewtwo's teleport but without all the acting out of it.
  • Dspecial : Chaos blast : Ball of energy surrounds Shadow. pull's enemies inwards then pushes on final blow. Can be charged. Charge cannot be stored. Stronger with charge. Super armor during usage.
  • Fgrab : put's palm on the enemy's stomach (or face in shorter character's case) and pushes them away with a blast of chaos energy.
  • Dgrab : put's enemy on the ground then essentially does the Fgrab downwards. Bounces enemy.
  • Ugrab : Essentially the same as Fgrab and Dgrab but upwards.
  • Bgrab : Throws enemy behind him and roundhouse kicks enemy.
Shadow traits.
  • Slow Acceleration
  • Max speed almost as fast as sonic
  • Similar grab range to sonic
  • Very good wavedash

My name is Shadow. I'm the world's ultimate life form.
There's no time for games. Farewell!
Uhhh, I don't know how to finish up this post this time.
Just consider it though.

I do not condone the events in "Shadow the Hedgehog"

:ness64:Ninten:ness64:

:ness2:Isn't that ness?:ness2:
No it's not!

Ninten, the boy with asthma, the boy who wears a scarf, the boy THATS NOT IN SMASH BROTHERS. The main character of the First mother series, he pretty much follows the standard of the other two protagonists while looking strikingly similar to that of Ness. They function nearly the same and are mostly separated by their differences in their stories.

However, Ninten has the potential to bring a unique weapon onto the field of battle, while providing its own quirks and differentiating him from Ness and Lucas.

His Yo yo.

I don't actually know much about mother so let's just get into the character shall we?
As Ninten has asthma, it should be no surprise that he has a slower running speed than Lucas or Ness (Not really but just go with it) His jump should reach a balance between Lucas' and Ness' jump while having a balance of their fall speed as well.

Main core of the character? Disjointed ranged attacks. A dangerous thought already. Wielding good options for pressuring enemies from a relatively safe distance in his Yo-Yo, he would not be unlike marth in the sense that spacing is key. He forgoes his bat entirely to make good use of his Yo-yo while not having to put it away.

Moves

• Jab : Up to two throws of the yo-yo straight forward. second one going a bit longer than the first one.
  • Ftilt : Spin's and "slices" horizontally with the Yo-Yo. Relatively fast move.
  • Dtilt : Throws the yo-yo at the opponents feet in a curve, causing a trip upon a successful hit. Trip's them in place, does not send them away from Ninten. relatively long start up to where it's easily projected to the enemy. However, it has extremely short end lag so that it can be punished heavily for getting hit by it.
  • Utilt : throws yo-yo straight up at a pretty fast rate. Good damage and knockback. Can be held out similar to Ness' down smash by holding A. causes a flinch similar to falco's blaster when hit by the held yo-yo.
  • Fsmash : Throws the Yo-Yo straight ahead. Able to be angled 45 degrees upward and downward similar to ganon's or roy's Ftilts. Able to be held out in place after the smash by holding A. Initial hit is strong and pushes enemies away in the direction that the attack was launched while the subsequent hit's have knockback similar to wolf blaster. Good for Edge guarding and shield pressure. Fair endlag
  • Usmash : Exactly like ness' Usmash. When hit it sends enemies above Ninten. Can be held before the smash is thrown like Ness'
  • Dsmash : Spins around with the Yo-yo in a fashion similar to that of Roy's Dsmash. Cannot be held out
  • Nair : As proposed by @ Shin F. Shin F. it would be similar to Ness' Nair but with increased range due to the yo-yo.
  • Uair : Arc from in front of Ninten to behind him, similar to that of Wolf's Uair albeit with increased range. Good for setting up as it doesn't have much knockback but does stun a good amount. Ala Roy.
  • Dair : Throw the Yo-Yo Straight downwards. It's a spike but not a very strong one.
  • Fair : Spins and slices horizontally with the Yo-yo just like Ftilt, but with much more power while being a bit slower. Should have solid killing potential.
  • Bair : Similar to Toon Link's Bair. Sending the Yo-yo in an arc from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head, it sends enemies higher into the air. Relatively fast.
I have no idea how to work out his B attacks (Special attacks) so someone should send me a PM about it so I can work it in. I'm considering giving him a tether recovery via yo-yo over the usual PK thunder.)

I'm still considering his Wavedash length, tech roll lengths and other such things but I don't have much to say about that stuff yet. I also haven't thought about how his grabs would work but they definitely involve grabbing with the Yo-yo.

:ness64:I think there is good potential here as well.:ness64:
What about you?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I keep seeing people give their full votes to Sami, so it's time for a PSA:

Sami is not the main character of Advance Wars. Andy is--or at least, the closest thing we have to one.

It would be rather odd to see a side character represent a brand new series instead of the main character. Would any of you be upset if we got Dedede but were denied Kirby? Of course you would be, I mean Dedede is nice but he's not the face of the Kirby games at all.

So please, if you want an Advance Wars character, vote for Andy.
Thank you all for your cooperation.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I keep seeing people give their full votes to Sami, so it's time for a PSA:

Sami is not the main character of Advance Wars. Andy is--or at least, the closest thing we have to one.

It would be rather odd to see a side character represent a brand new series instead of the main character. Would any of you be upset if we got Dedede but were denied Kirby? Of course you would be, I mean Dedede is nice but he's not the face of the Kirby games at all.

So please, if you want an Advance Wars character, vote for Andy.
Thank you all for your cooperation.
Plus Ratchet & Clank inspired Wrench moveset.
Praise be.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I'd have to disagree. I personally disliked Andy's character in all of the AW games, and Sami was just overall better in every way.

Not to say I wouldn't mind either of them showing up, I just prefer Sami over Andy. I'd might even take Max before Andy... maybe... eh nevermind with that one.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Similarly shameless self promotion:

I just woke up, looks like there's support for Toad even though he's a negative pick (barely)! I agree that Bowser Jr. will probably be in SSB4 so putting him in would be too risky, leaving an opportunity for Toad open. Not discrediting any talk about him of course, as a smaller faster bowser clone DOES sound neat!

Having read your comments on him, I like the movesets you all came up with, though I want to chime in with a possible moveset of my own:

Toad (as a clone, it would be easier for the Project M Backroom)

Again, his default color should be blue so as to differentiate him from Peach's Toad

Basically he could be the Wolf to Mario's Fox and Luigi's Falco. I know it's not totally accurate (Luigi and Mario have wildly different physics, different side-B's, etc.) but since Mario, Luigi and Toad were all in the New Super Mario Bros. games it can be appropriate. Basically, he'd have a different down-B (can't see him using a tornado attack like M&L) but keep Luigi's side-B side-B, as seems to be the key difference between the three of them.. That way, all 3 could have a unique special move. Overall, save for a few of his moves, he'd have the least range but would be the fastest. Edit: he's a fast faller, too.

...Also, since PMBR wants to make Brawl into Melee with Project M it wouldn't be out of the question to include a second Mario clone like in Melee, as we lost Dr. Mario as a character, now a costume.

[Edit: retroactively struck through to clarify that "making Brawl into a Melee clone" wasn't, isn't, and never will be the PMBR's mission statement. Forgive me, I was but young and foolish in the past. What I simply mean was that we had three variations on Mario to choose from in Melee, so I argue that a second Mario clone wouldn't be that strange of a thing to see.]

Now then, let's get on with the moveset, shall we?

Specials:

-I say the down-B side-B could be mushroom spores coming out in front of him as a reference to how Peach uses him. It can be like Squirtle's Bubble attack, only it would be stronger, have a little more startup lag, and cover more range. Edit: it would also cause him to move forward a little in midair, like Mario's cape.

-His own version of the fireball would be the ice ball from the newer games, and it could work like Mario's fireball trajectory wise. It could be slower than the fireball but Toad could act out of it quicker even than Mario can, so using them could be more for positioning and startups...like Wolf's new Blaster, now that I think about it.

-Toad's up-B would work like Luigi's up-B in that it only hits once, though it wouldn't be as powerful. It would go a little slower than either bro's jump punches so he wouldn't "pop" like they do. Trajectory wise it could be more diagonally oriented than Mario's. Also it wouldn't be a punch, but the powered up crouch jump from Super Mario Bros. 2. (Second to last row in the picture). Edit: Lastly, it sends foes at a horizontal angle rather than the vertical angle that Luigi's does and doesn't carry enemies away like Mario's does.

-Toad's version of Luigi's side-B could actually work like Luigi's up-B in that it can't be charged, goes straight forward, does okay damage when it hits. In a reversal of Luigi's up-B, however, it could be stronger the farther into the move you hit the opponent. Kind of like Wario's Shoulder Bash move, though obviously you don't run or jump with it.

I made the above idea a long time ago (it's been half a year since I made this post, damn), but I've since decided that his down-B should instead be the Propeller Spin. Basically it's a Mario Tornado / Luigi Cyclone sort of attack where Toad dons a hat like the one you wear when you get the Propeller Suit in New Super Generic Bros., except the difference here is that hitting with the sweetspot--the propellers themselves, racks up the most damage of the three down-B's. It's also by nature the best at recovering vertically if you mash the B button enough.

Normals:

-Jab: Does a 3-hit combo with kicks similarly to how Lucas' jab is in vBrawl. It could also have similar knockback.
-Forward Tilt: Swings his two fists in front of him like how when he was held by Peach. Like Ivysaur's f-tilt, it would be more of a trapping attack that racks up damage, and wouldn't have a lot of knockback.
-Forward Smash: One of Toad's stronger moves, he'll swing that big ol' head in front of him, with his mushroom spores coming out for added visual effect when fully charged. Could be copied from Bowser's forward smash (though it wouldn't be that powerful)
-Dash Attack: A slide attack like Mario's dash attack, though Toad can act out of it quicker.
-Up Tilt: Like Mario's u-tilt, only Toad would use both of his arms and it would be animated similarly to Ness' u-tilt.
-Up Smash: Like a more powerful version of Mario's u-smash, though it'd have slightly slower startup.
-Down Tilt: A little kick in front of him, it would be the fastest d-tilt of the three. Could maybe use Ness' d-tilt animation.
-Down Smash: Toad does a breakdance like Mario and Luigi, though he stands on his head during the attack. Knockback wise it could have a strong initial hit that sends foes flying but would work as a multihit move with minimal knockback after that.
-Grab Pummel: Same as the Mario Brothers' (is there even a difference between those two?)
Forward Throw: Same as Mario's, but much quicker
-Back Throw: Similar to the other two's back throws but it would send at a more straight angle in contrast to Mario and Luigi's upwards ones.
-Down Throw: Same as Mario and Luigi's down throws but would release the opponent at a more diagonal angle.
-Up Throw: Same as Mario's, but quicker

Toad would move the farthest horizontally in the air, in contrast to Luigi's vertical air prowess

-Neutral Air: Toad sticks out his little foot as a sex kick. It's hard to land because of it's small range, but it sends foes at a sharp, powerful angle behind him.
-Forward Air: Like Luigi's f-air, though it would be a little easier to connect. It could also have ice particles as a visual effect, like this Toad's standard special.
-Back Air: Toad does a flip kick. It could work like Lucas' current b-air but quicker and weaker.
-Up Air: Like Mario and Luigi's but with shorter range
-Down Air: Like Mario and Luigi's d-air but quicker.

Sorry for typing a lot, but if you read everything then more power to you!

I meant to post this yesterday but SmashBoards decided to update right as I hit Post Reply. Oh well.

View attachment 5490

So my Waluigi moveset's ready. Be warned, though--it all came to me in a dream induced by a crazy Mexican gypsy lady and her 1000-year-old libro de alucinaciones. Hope I ended up getting my severed monkey's head's worth--wrestling it out of an Egyptian mobster's grip is much harder than you think it is when you're only armed with a rope, a banana peel, a perfect D I C K Dastardly (spaces to avoid censoring) impression and a copy of the latest New York Times edition~

Overall philosophy behind Waluigi's playstyle

He'd basically be what Sakurai tried to do with vBrawl Wario: create one of the most trollish, wackiest, characters this side of Mr. Game & Watch, only with a lot of personality imbued into him. While he did succeed with his mission, it meant alienating many of Wario's signature abilities from his Wario Land, like basically all of his transformations (Fire Wario, Fat Wario, Zombie Wario)--any of which could've been implemented into his moveset a la Kirby having lots of his copy abilities in a single moveset. He also had his signature shoulder bash implemented weirdly as his side-smash, though I admit it fit his weirdness. All in all, Wario fans who liked doing those things were left in the dust with a character that sort of felt like Wario, but wasn't Wario.

Waluigi, though. Nobody knows who he is or what he does besides show up at sports and that he possesses a kickin' Mario Kart tune (Waluigi Pinball for life, baby) and a great remix of another game's tune (Destruction Dance is also fun dance time). He doesn't have his own game, so whatever we do with him can't misrepresent him no matter how crazy we get. He could be anything and nobody would have to be disappointed if he doesn't have Signature Attack X or Subtle Reference Y (but don't worry, I'll reference a few things). So after undergoing the gypsy's spell my mind ventured into whatever it wanted (bar anything the clone engine didn't permit--I held onto the Project M logo on my T-shirt to make sure the experience was grounded within actual possibility).

Something to keep in mind is that Waluigi moves kind of like Wario and G dubs in terms of the goal in his normal animations. Waluigi's body moves very fluidly, though--the difference is that instead of moving suddenly and sporadically he moves kind of like a spider. He's constantly flexing his arms and legs in very creepy ways. Like when he's walking it's a normal walk, but his "running" is just him taking very big steps. He'll still be janky though, as a lot of his creepiness comes from him suddenly extending his limbs. For added effect, most of his moves have him going "Waahh!" or "Waha!". Without further ado, my Waluigi moveset:

Specials

Eggplant Bomb (N-Special)

Waluigi throws an eggplant with a "Ha!". Where it lands and its trajectory depend on how long you hold B, similar to Snake's grenades. Unlike Snake's grenades, you can't move around while holding them. When it makes contact on the ground, the eggplant erupts into a purple vine covered in thorns for about one and a half seconds, leaving a hitbox that grows to the left and right of the impact point. Waluigi can only have two eggplants out at a time. If an eggplant hits someone instead of the ground it acts like Toon Link's bombs.

Waluigi Paddle (F-Special)

Waluigi swims through the air with high velocity going "Hrrrgh!" like his assist trophy yell. Think of it like R.O.B.'s side special when used on the ground, only it goes farther and the hitbox covers more since Waluigi's long body is horizontal during this move. It sends at a diagonally upward angle and can be cancelled on hit with anything except an air dodge.

Purple Power (D-Special)

Waluigi shoots purple fire (taken from the Darkness effect) out of his hands suddenly, with an assertive "Waa!". They're very powerful--lots of horizontal knockback. The flames don't have a lot of range and only last about half a second though, so early on they have to be used kind of like Squirtle's bubble, a gimping move. It becomes a reliable killing move at about 80% and higher.

Amethyst Rocket (U-Special)

Waluigi crouches and propels himself upward with the force of quickly extending all of his long gangly limbs, leaving purple fire in his wake. It's essentially a vertical version of Pikachu's Skull Bash, but it goes farther uncharged, can be angled left and right, and an opponent can't interrupt your recovery by being in your way since it knocks them away. If you charge it, you're only doing it to stall in the air like Diddy's U-Special, though charging it does mean more damage.

Normals

Jab: a 2-hit combo comprising of a snap of Waluigi's fingers followed by a far-reaching punch with the other hand. The snap emits purple fire in front of Waluigi, but there's a sweetspot on Waluigi's hands during the snap--connecting with it allows the opponent to be knocked into the punch's sweetspot, the fist, which allows the jab to send farther.

Dash Attack: Waluigi slides forward on one leg while stretching out with the other. Has good reach but little knockback.

F-Tilt: Waluigi thrusts a poking finger out suddenly after a few frames of him sticking out his head grinning--"Ha!". The head sticking out leaves him vulnerable and an easy target if you don't time the attack right, but it's worth it because the poke reaches very far since Waluigi's using his whole arm behind it, and it acts like a semi-spike.

D-Tilt: a quicker version of f-tilt but with half the range and it doesn't spike. He uses his leg instead.

U-Tilt: quickly waves his arm over his head. A good juggling move.

F-Smash: Waluigi brings his arms down hard, going "Hrrgh!". It's one of his few grounded disjointed attacks, so make good use of its range.

D-Smash: Waluigi gets on his head and he spins with his arms and legs stretched all the way out, covering his left and right admirably. "Waha!"

U-Smash: Waluigi extends his arms skyward, like Wario's u-tilt as a smash attack. "Wa!"

Grabs

Waluigi's long limbs mean he has a grab range rivaling King Dedede. With that in mind:

Pummel: Waluigi thrusts his knee into his captive, using the purple flames for an added effect.

F-Throw: Waluigi punches the opponent into a diagonal angle, so it's a good throw for combos.

B-Throw: Essentially Kirby's back throw. What's Waluigi without a wrestling move? "Wahaha!"

D-Throw: Waluigi does a ton of kicks to the opponent on the ground like what his assist trophy does, before releasing the opponent. Good for racking up damage. "Hrrgh!"

U-Throw: He tosses the opponent above him as he crouches, then quickly extends his whole body for a powerful headbutt. "Wa!". Like forward throw it's good for combos.

Aerials

N-air: Waluigi spins around with his limbs outstretched like Kirby. He has the most range of that kind of move.

F-Air: Essentially a vertical version of Captain Falcon's knee attack, and just as powerful. It has less range though, but if it's sweetspotted, you hear the same electricity sound and Waluigi gives his most enthusiastic "Waah!"

B-Air: a roundhouse kick like Lucas used to have, but not as powerful and has more range.

D-Air: Waluigi faces his body downward and dives down. Good for getting back to the ground quickly, it's like Zero Suit Samus' Brawl down aerial.

U-Air: swings his body above him like Mario's up aerial.

Obviously I made this moveset for fun, I don't expect anyone to like it or anyone to take it seriously, but I'd love if Waluigi was added in with similar wackiness. What do you guys think of this Waluigi? I think the character has a lot of malleability to be anyone the moveset creator wishes it could be.

EDIT: I took such a long time typing everything up, so I hope I don't / didn't derail any important conversation.

All right! Back on the computer for my own bottom-of-the-barrel character: A Link to the Past...Link!

ALttP Link? Altihtihpuh Link? You know, for simplicity's sake I'll call him Past Link.

View attachment 5809

So he'd be the third Link, you say. Isn't that redundant? I'll tell YOU what's redundant: Wind Waker Link added without any of the items from Wind Waker! He was just Young Link from Melee again, who in turn could've been Link using Majora's Mask items. Oh well, at least Toon Link is fun to use since he's an amalgamation of 3 different Links. Plus, even before Project M he was better than all the other Zelda characters in Brawl. That's pretty cool.

Where was I? Oh yeah, so basically this Link would change all that. Most of his normals and 3 of his specials are different and derive from his canonical appearances: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games. So he'd essentially be the opposite of Ganondorf: Instead of looking wildly different but having a clone moveset, he'd look like a clone of someone else but play wildly unique. Fitting, both in a Smash and Zelda sense.

However, like all Fire Emblem characters they DO share a special, namely the Spin Attack. He's from the game that introduced it, no way I'd leave it out. Still, it's not his up-B but rather his down-B. I'll explain below.

Specials

Neutral: Fire Rod

Quickly waves the Fire Rod and shoots a little fireball toward the ground, which erupts into a pillar of flames that moves toward the enemy. Basically, it's like Pikachu's or Ice Climbers' neutral-B in that it hugs the ground so you can't crouch to avoid it. It's a tall pillar, so it has the most vertical range of this kind of attack. It's meant to replicate its utility in A Link Between Worlds. If the little fireball hits the opponent instead of the pillar, it erupts for a brief second dealing vertical knockback.
*side note: I chose the Fire Rod and not the Ice Rod because the Fire Rod was in 2 of his games (A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, the latter under the name "Magic Rod"), while the Ice Rod was only in A Link to the Past.

Side: Pegasus Boots

Basically Wario's Shoulder Bash, but goes much faster and farther, deals less damage and knockback, and the hitbox is located on Link's outstretched sword rather than the whole front of his body. Like Wario, it gets stronger the farther you get when you connect with a hit. It works the same way in the air, but with gravity. It makes you go into special fall.

Down: Spin Attack

Works much differently than the other Links' Spin Attacks. Its duration is about a quarter as long, it has half the range, and it's visually a single spin instead of multiple. On the ground it's a panic move for getting somebody that's up in your face away from you--it deals little but fixed horizontal knockback. Then, Link holds up his shield to reflect projectiles, unlike the other Links who simply block them.
Have you put it together yet? I've turned the spin attack into a shine :awesome: It's only a rudimentary one, though, to compensate for it's bigger range, so you can't jump-cancel it or use it to stall your fall. In the air, it's the only downwards angled Spin Attack (Twilight Link aims his up while Toon Link aims horizontally) before going into shield mode, and it acts as a spike if used up close at the base of the blade. Otherwise it's just a meteor smash.

Up: Roc's Cape

I was originally going to make this a glide, but I decided against it since Pegasus Boots already give you horizontal recovery. Instead, it works like 2 extra jumps. The first jump has Link spin; it goes the highest and he holds his sword slightly out during it, like Meta Knight's N-Air but with vertical recovery. The second jump has Link spread his body out; this gives him an extra vertical boost via a tiny hop the jump makes. The second jump also changes the momentum from vertical to horizontal, but only for a brief moment before Link puts his body down. Another thing: Link doesn't go into special fall during any of this so he can still act out of it with aerials and specials.

Normals

Jab: a simple one-two sword swipe. Basically Marth's jab but with more horizontal reach and less vertical range. The jab is supposed to reference his games' sword always covering a wide area so it made sense to base it off Marth in this instance.

Dash Attack: Past Link hops while kicking forward with the Pegasus Boots. The same as, say, Zero Suit Samus' dash attack.

F-Tilt: Leans forward while stabbing. Similar to Roy's f-tilt but it comes out quicker and has a lingering hitbox.

D-Tilt: same as Toon Link's d-tilt, but with a fire effect instead of an electric one.

U-Tilt: does a sword swipe above him. Good for juggling.

F-Smash: Past Link does a powerful swing with his sword that has great horizontal reach. Like ZSS' f-smash, it reaches behind him, too.

D-Smash: Past Link drives his sword into the ground. The hitbox covering the sword is very powerful, so this is Past Link's strongest smash. You can interrupt the sword planting if you're quick enough, though.

U-Smash: Toon Link's old u-smash, a single upward strike. Like Past Link's f-smash though, it covers a little more range to the left and right. It's also punishable, with a little more endlag

Aerials

N-Air: a sex kick with the Pegasus Boots. Pretty much the same as Twilight Link's, except with cooler footwear.

F-Air: a sword swipe like Toon Link's but it sends at a diagonally upward angle. Awesome combo starter if SHFFLed.

B-Air: a backwards sword strike. Good for edgeguarding, it works like Meta Knight's b-air but has more range and less knockback.

D-Air: Toon Link's old d-air

U-Air: Past Link stabs the sky like the other Links, only much quicker.

Grabs

All of his grabs use his Bug Catching Net from A Link to the Past, though he uses it in a similar way to the Villager's net grab from Smash For (a grab that covered both behind and in front of you like the Bug Catching Net did in ALttP would be really scary). This means he can grab people even if they're not on the ground. This is to keep the theme of every Link having a more utility grab than most other characters.

Pummel: The fastest in the game, like vBrawl Lucas'. Basically he kicks the grabbed opponent with the Pegasus Boots. You can hit a maximum of 8 times if the opponent makes the mistake of not struggling. Realistically, You'd only be able to get in about 5 kicks at most if the other player button mashes his / herself out of the grab.

F-Throw: Past Link picks his opponent up with the Titan Mitts and throws them at a fixed angle forward. This throw doesn't really allow for DI so it's rather strong.

B-Throw: Past Link turns around with the opponent and stabs them away. Like Toon Link's b-throw, it has fixed knockback.

D-Throw: Past Link sets the opponent down and slams his sword into them. Sends at a vertical angle and is quicker than it sounds.

U-Throw: Tosses the opponent up and does a swipe above him. This has a lot of vertical knockback.

Taunts

1) Takes out the Magic Mirror to look at it.

2) Takes out an ocarina-looking flute like in A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. If regularly pressed, you hear the flute song like in A Link to the Past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rraewoB9E
(this version is the long version. The 4 second version is what I mean)

If you light-press it, you get the Ballad of the Wind Fish instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ofmt3ZazA
(you hear it about 8 seconds in. Basically, the short version again.)

3) Does a quick spin and raises his sword in the air like when he beats a dungeon in A Link to the Past.

Like with WAAAAH, I made this moveset purely for fun, ESPECIALLY since a third Link will never happen. Even WAAAAH has a better chance :p

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
+1 Votes:
--Isaac
--Ray
--Dixie Kong
--Dark Samus
--Black Shadow/New Ganondorf

+1/2 Votes (If there were more slots, the ones that I would Like to See too)
--Masked Man
--Skull Kid
--Waluigi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom