• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
20 BUCKS ON SHULK!

C'MON PEOPLE, WHO AGREES WITH ME?!

(Whoops, sorry for the double post)

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Welp, this got me interested. But this POTD clearly states that Rayman was asked as a mere trophy for this game. Emphasis on 3D-model data received from Ubisoft.

Keep chugging that MonadoTrain guys.
Where is this clear statement? Or any written statement?

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Where is this clear statement? Or any written statement?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS ON BEING POST #2000

Anyways, I doubt Rayman will get into the game; not because he's a third party character, because most people just wouldn't be able to see him in this game.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I was about to say that Rayman was your basic punch-and-kick character, until I looked up some info on him. Turns out he's got some powerups he can put to use. Imma hafta see in 6+ hours.

Shroob

Sup?
Considering that Sonic, Megaman, and Pac Man all got reveal trailers, don't you think Rayman would get one too if he were playable instead of just thrown on the site with "Here's the Rayman Trophy!"

Sure, he 'could' get a reveal tomorrow, but it's highly unlikely.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Considering that Sonic, Megaman, and Pac Man all got reveal trailers, don't you think Rayman would get one too if he were playable instead of just thrown on the site with "Here's the Rayman Trophy!"

Eh, Pac-Man had a picture up on the website for a few minutes/hours before his trailer was posted, so this could be a similar case. Still, I don't know if I believe he's playable, either.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Rayman?

**** it, I'm staying up all night. This is ****ed up.

I can't even... What? Why? What the...

I mean the MORNING before a scheduled CHARACTER REVEAL we get RAYMAN as a TROPHY like WHAT IS THIS?

Are we getting a Ubisoft character?

IS IT TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN?

THE **** IS THIS?

Rationally I still WANT to think we're getting Shulk but this opens up a whole new window of possibilities.

Shroob

Sup?
Eh, Pac-Man had a picture up on the website for a few minutes/hours before his trailer was posted, so this could be a similar case. Still, I don't know if I believe he's playable, either.
Pac Man was only in that situation because Sakurai showcased his trailer to a group of people at E3.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

Having revealed a possible third party rep that the mainstream audience would recognize only to be a trophy for no reason while revealing the playable character to be an obscure generic rpg animu swordsman would be a really dumb move on Sakurais part.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Rayman?

I mean the MORNING before a scheduled CHARACTER REVEAL we get RAYMAN as a TROPHY like WHAT IS THIS?

IS IT TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN?

THE **** IS THIS?

Rationally I still WANT to think we're getting Shulk but this opens up a whole new window of possibilities.
What sucks is that the reveal is RIGHT SMACK in the morning (where I live), so it'll be hard to view it.

Pac Man was only in that situation because Sakurai showcased his trailer to a group of people at E3.
E3 was livestreamed too.

Last edited by a moderator:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
They really wouldnt just leave Rayman as a trophy would they?
He's kind of an important character.

Shroob

Sup?
Having revealed a possible third party rep that the mainstream audience would recognize only to be a trophy for no reason while revealing the playable character to be an obscure generic rpg animu swordsman would be a really dumb move on Sakurais part.
Well, that's your opinion, and I'm afraid you're not going to be very happy come tomorrow.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
E3 was livestreamed too.
No, Pac-Man was revealed under closed doors.

Rayman?

IS IT TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN?

THE **** IS THIS?

No way at all, Travis pertains to Grasshopper.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Playable characters where picked years ago, when Ubisoft still supported the WiiU.
Oh it's totally not like they could change their mind in the years since then nope

It's on the list of characters we picked. Gotta continue making it even though Ubisoft don't support us anymore

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
As much as I would absolutely love that, he's not actually owned by Ubisoft. They didn't develop or produce No More Heroes, just published it in America.
Interesting.

Back to Shulk hype, then.

I doubt the majority of people figured that Rayman would get his own trophy.
No I thought you mean to go check miiverse because of the reminder for the character reveal he posted. Misconception. Sorry.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Well, that's your opinion, and I'm afraid you're not going to be very happy come tomorrow.
Lol it dosn't matter thanks to Sal having leaked tomorrows info for no damn reason. Wouldn't care if RayMan was playable or not but to have him be shown as a trophy makes no sense with the character we are getting.

To people who don't visit these boards or know all the smash info it would come as a disappointment. Its like revealing Simon Belmont as an assist trophy on the same day they announce the Duck Hunt Dog as a playable character.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Seriously if they just showed Rayman as a trophy and all we get is Shulk tonight, I'm going to slap a *****.

Sakurai has officially lost his ****.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Oh it's totally not like they could change their mind in the years since then nope

It's on the list of characters we picked. Gotta continue making it even though Ubisoft don't support us anymore
You think they delete all their hard work just because of such a childish reason? XD

Then why did they keep the trophy? What you are saying makes no sense. By your logic they would regret now to have Megaman in the game, because Capcom supports the WiiU even less than Ubisoft.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It is strange that Sakurai would dampen any newcomer's reveal with the reveal of third party characters getting their own trophies even if they may not be playable.

Especially if that newcomer is someone like Shulk, who while popular is, not hype enough to stand up against the shadow of something of that nature IMO.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Gonna listen to this until 7 am and study Xenoblade to the core to guess Shulk's moveset for fun

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You think they delete all their hard work just because of such a childish reason? XD

Then why did they keep the trophy? What you are saying makes no sense. By your logic they would regret now to have Megaman in the game, because Capcom supports the WiiU even less than Ubisoft.
They didn't do any work because Rayman's not a character

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Seriously if they just showed Rayman as a trophy and all we get is Shulk tonight, I'm going to slap a *****.

Sakurai has officially lost his ****.
You see now that Ridley was probably hinted just to be a boss without Sakurai thinking twice. :denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom