• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
@ Niala Niala is right.

Lucina is playable, Chrom isn't.

Lucina's a clone, and a clone of a great character at that. Probably not a semi-clone like Toon Link or Luigi, either.

To all other Roy fans out there, yo, he was never gonna come back as a clone. A semi-clone is probably what he would/will wind up being if he returns in Smash 4.

But Nintendo didn't make Smash 4, Namco Bandai did, including the Tekken team.
sora is also working on the game too not just bamco

I think most people just want to believe that Lucina is an alt/costume for Marth as no one really wants a generic clone to take up a roster slot. Also, Lucina being an alt character would leave a lot of room for other theories, not unlike Dark Pit for Pit, and Shadow for Sonic.

With that said, I do agree with you.
shadow is already an assist trophy

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think most people just want to believe that Lucina is an alt/costume for Marth as no one really wants a generic clone to take up a roster slot. Also, Lucina being an alt character would leave a lot of room for other theories, not unlike Dark Pit for Pit, and Shadow for Sonic.

With that said, I do agree with you.
Speaking of Dark Pit. I have an odd hunch he became more likely

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
All this Lucina alternate costume/alt for Marth talk is ridiculously stupid.

She is a simple semi clone of Marth. Own slot and says newcomer on the site. What's so hard to grasp?
Sometimes, people should think and listen before saying everybody here is "ridicously stupid".

There are many FACTS that suggest Lucina could be a special costume instead of a brand new character.

1) The '?' symbol at the trailer suggests something unusual.
2) Every single move and animation she does is exactly the same as Marth's.
3) Official websites in many languages listed her as a "veteran fighter".
4) Official website in every language listed her in a little square, which is used for veterans, instead of a big rectangle, which is used for newcomers.
5) Sakurai posted three captures on Miiverse: Robin's, Ct. Falcon's and an illustration. Nothing about Lucina.
6) 7 hours later, nobody knows if she's a newcomer or a cool costume.

These are, as I said, FACTS. You can consider whatever you want, but these facts could be telling she's just a costume.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai said they were getting to the bottom of the barrel for newcomers videos, so surely it can't be many more.
I think it's safe to say that there's at least two more. Given how every Direct this year has had something Smash related, the upcoming August Direct will probably have something and I wouldn't be surprised if they did one like today's in September before the Japanese release. It should also be noted that the last 5* trailers have revealed multiple characters *Lucina's reveal today gives more credence to a potentially playable Dark Pit, suggested by Palutena's trailer* so we may not get any more random reveals in the PoDs up until release. Nintendo might decide to make an announcement at Comic-Con next week at the 3DS tournament so we will simply have to wait and see how things play out.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I hear everyone talking about how Lucina may or may not be an alternate costume for Marth and that Chrom is part of Robin's final smash. What if Lucina is an alternate costum for Chrom and that was actually his own final smash? That would be just Sakurai's style of trolling.

I mean, I'm not familiar with the Fire Emblem games, but why do Chrom and Lucina both have the same sword?
Why is ther a '?' behind 'Lucina wakes her blade?!'
Why so much attention for Chrom if he is just part of a final smash?
They are litterally saying that he is getting his chance now instead of 'another day'.
And the caller is calling Chrom by his name as he appears.

I think he is playable himself and that Lucina is an alternate costume for him instead of Marth, or that he is just a seperate character who is not officially announced yet (which would also be a Sakurai style troll).
Marth chrom and Lucina have the same sword (falchion) in the games.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Sometimes, people should think and listen before saying everybody here is "ridicously stupid".

There are many FACTS that suggest Lucina could be a special costume instead of a brand new character.

4) Official website in every language listed her in a little square, which is used for veterans, instead of a big rectangle, which is used for newcomers.
5) Sakurai posted three captures on Miiverse: Robin's, Ct. Falcon's and an illustration. Nothing about Lucina.

These are, as I said, FACTS. You can consider whatever you want, but these facts could be telling she's just a costume.
well what about the fact it seems like she does not had the tipper damage like marth does?

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice

Wow. . . these were really interesting. Mainly #5 and #3. . . which website languages listed her as a veteran?

I personally believe that she is in fact a "new comer" to smash bros. Sure she may be kind a cloned Marth in some aspects, but as we have seen in every new character announcement trailer the new announced characters have had a catchphrase revealed alongside their name. Plus it does say new comer on the US website when you click on her profile. One thing I hope she has is cool alt colors if she is her own character! :D

I guess we won't know for sure until Sakurai releases some information regarding her status. Who know, maybe she just got overshadowed by the reveal of Robyn? No one is certain, but these points you listed were very interesting :)

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

in that same post with the illustration he says its to show off the fire emblem newcomers so...

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
well what about the fact it seems like she does not had the tipper damage like marth does?
I'm not sure if you can call it a fact just yet, but my theory was that much of Marth's characteristic speed and aerial-prowess was shifted to Lucina to give her a more unique identity, though I imagine she'll lack Marth's power and tipper mechanic.

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
It actually makes total sense that Lucina would be a clone of Marth
since she pretends to be him in Awakening.

I'm super hyped that Robin is in the game, he was my most wanted character, and it was nice to see the Capt.

I'm actually really ****ing happy about this.

I've always wanted a female swordsman in smash, and since we couldn't get Lyn, we got her, and if she plays like old Marth that's a bonus. I honestly would have taken her as skin, but whatever. And a magic using fire emblem character? **** yeah!

And Captain Falcon just took the cake for me. I completely ignored everyone once I saw him. For me this was a Captain Falcon reveal and some extras.

Sakurai...you keep giving me exactly what I want. Good ****.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
8/11 with one character being part of a final smash instead of playable. Still a new fire emblem. Yeah genmatsu is totally fake :rolleyes:
5/11 (6 if you ignore Palutena's incorrect name).

Multiple inconsistencies and errors, a character now deconfimed, and 3 that were never on his list.

It's as fake as Britney's boobs.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
in that same post with the illustration he says its to show off the fire emblem newcomers so...
Probably because she IS a newcomer. She's new into Smash, isn't she? The question is: is she a completely new character or just a costume/variation of Marth?

Niala

Smash Ace
A ? doesn't necessarily mean much here. It wasn't a question mark, but an interrobang in the picture (?! or !?.) They're used not typically used to convey mystery, but either to denote disbelief or imply that a question was being asked in excitement. I wouldn't read too much into it, it probably is just meant to imply the shock that Lucina was the chosen fighter before mentioning Robin at all.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Lucina is a new character. Why do people think she's a Marth alt? She even has a Newcomer tag on her page when you click it. The only reason her box is smaller than the other newcomers is because she doesn't have any artwork on her page, since she shares it with Robin. On the mobile version, she is included with the newcomers and has a longer icon like the rest.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
I actually never like the leak list cause it didn't have anyone I wanted, but I can't deny it's validity. It is 100% true that Sal Ramano is getting inside information. Even if the info is not always 100% accurate the fact that someone on the inside is telling people real info about characters in the game is 100% true. I present the 8 characters he got right as proof.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
This Monday, one must fall.
NEVER MIND. THE WHOLE CEILING COLLAPSED.

That being said:

1) Just because the Gematsu leak wasn't entirely correct, doesn't mean it should be entirely ruled out. 8/11 is still a rather large percentage when you think about it. Plus, one thing that has been confirmed thus far is that Sneaky Spirits (enemies from Rhythm Heaven) DO appear in Smash Run. This does not mean that the Gematsu leak is completely true, as we have seen today, though it is still something that shouldn't be counted out. Nor should it entirely be counted on, either. Fans of Shulk and Chorus Men, don't get disheartened by today's news. Your character still has a chance to get in. Realize that it is not a 100% chance though. And to those that dislike Shulk and Chorus Men, keep your opinions to yourself, and do not attack other people based on the characters that they want.

2) Regardless of what side you are on, Gematsu or Anti-Gematsu, it is very immature to attack another person's wanted characters. I don't think it is fun for anybody to not have their character in the game, so you shouldn't rub it in their face. Just because a person wants a particular character, doesn't always mean that they are trying to be mean spirited and wanting your character to be disconfirmed. Opinions will vary from person to person, though no person should try to rub their opinions into someone else's face; regardless of the opinion being true or not. Let people believe what they want to believe, and don't let another person's opinion weigh on you so heavily.

3) People shouldn't attack Sal Romano, just because his leaker wasn't entirely accurate. All he was doing was relaying information. There is no justifiable reason for anyone to attack a person just because it wasn't their fault, or they made a mistake. Reducing your attitude to the levels of a neanderthal just to try prove your ego is "correct", and using that as an excuse to attack someone else just because they were "wrong" does not help anyone. It just makes you a ****y person who easily loses his/her mind just because you think you have bragging rights in regards to a video game. And that is very pathetic.

Try to stay civil, and have fun. The community, and Smash is meant to be enjoyed by everyone. Not just you.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
A ? doesn't necessarily mean much here. It wasn't a question mark, but an interrobang in the picture (?! or !?.) They're used not typically used to convey mystery, but either to denote disbelief or imply that a question was being asked in excitement. I wouldn't read too much into it, it probably is just meant to imply the shock that Lucina was the chosen fighter before mentioning Robin at all.
Yes, I know. There are several interpretations. I just said that question mark could mean it.

Not sure if it'll let me since I just registered today, but just in case the link doesn't work it's the "Looks like no tipper for Lucina" thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/looks-like-no-tipper-for-lucina-1080p-video-screen-capture.361131/
Yay, I've seen that. It perfectly could mean she's not a costume. As for the moment, this is the only playable difference between both of them. And that's not actually playable, cause she could have that sweetspot although the Falchion this time doesn't mark it.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough. It certainly could. But I don't personally find it very suspicious.
I think the most reliable fact is there is no consense about Lucina, if she's a new character or a cool costume. So what we can say there's something with Lucina. I hope in new pics of the day we can understand what the heck is going on.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
on another note i really wonder how robin works, we can see s/he changes weapons and tomes mid fight. I wonder if its a special move kinda like wft were a buff is gained for a short time

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Like I said before, although now, instead of being indifferent to the leak, I detract from it, doesn't mean I'm going to be rude to Sal.

So nobody else who suddenly thinks its false now even though you lot worshiped the leak yesterday shouldn't attack him either.
That's annoying and only makes you look like a horrible person (because, quite frankly, you are one if you do.)

If you want to be a huge ***** about the leak being wrong, direct it to Sal's source, not to Sal. But even then, losing your **** over a video game leak being debunked is really bad on your part. I sense a lack of understanding of what a civil human being is.

I read several more posts bashing him and it was annoying.

Last edited:

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people who **** rode Sal's leak and then said rude things to him ("Your Leak is bull****!", "fake!" and so on) after today's reveal are stupid. Anyways, first of all this game is rushed and today's reveal truly proves it. Sakurai's logic is gone this time around and what he has done is really unsettling. Why would he take out Roy in Brawl, then bring back another clone (Lucina) in this iteration, just to play even more similar to Marth? She even looks more similar to Marth with blue hair and the same pose, with her raising her hand to her breast. Exactly like ****ing Marth!!!!! Why Sakurai? Oh wait did I forget to include that Robin has the exact same face as Marth, but with white hair?! Wow so amazing Sakurai! You have really taken your time on this installment! Oh and another reason this game has been extremely rushed; if Chrom's in a final smash, he could have easily been a character and he would have probably had a much more original move set than both Ike and Marth. May'be I would have been okay with the fact if Lucina had a normal moveset, but when I see her malnourished ass performing Marth's nair in the trailer, it makes me ****ing infuriated, because she could've easily had an original move set and she does not look right using the move. I feel like Sakurai's logic was, "Well in her game she pretends to be Marth, so I guess I will translate her moveset exactly like Marth's in this iteration. That makes the most sense. My fans won't care much." If Sakurai wanted female representation in FE, we already have the female Robin to fulfill this spot... so why would we need Lucina? I would say we only got 1 true new character today, but even Robin upsets me, because I can spot how rushed his model is, unlike most of you sudden supporters.

Some groups of people wanted Chrom, and were excited about him because of the Gematsu leak, but as soon as Lucina was revealed, these same people acted like Sakurai's logic was amazing and that they were full supporters of Lucina from the start. Bandwagoning at its finest.

Honestly, I would take Chrom over both Robin and Lucina any day just because they seem very rushed. And I also feel bad for Sal since people want to talk **** just because his tipster (who he has no control over) was inaccurate today. I still think the chorus men are in along with Shulk, but who asked for the Chorus men? Not many. Sakurai does what he wants and he is selfish for that. I would have been completely okay with today's reveal, if Sakurai would have proved that he can make logical choices. And I bet all of you that if Dark Pit is a playable character, he too is a clone.

Niala

Smash Ace
I think the most reliable fact is there is no consense about Lucina, if she's a new character or a cool costume. So what we can say there's something with Lucina. I hope in new pics of the day we can understand what the heck is going on.
I agree. There really isn't enough information to make a truly certain judgment-- however, while there may be arguments for and against, I would personally say the arguments for her being a playable clone are perhaps stronger than those that detract. I'm sure it won't take long for us to know the answer anyway.

on another note i really wonder how robin works, we can see s/he changes weapons and tomes mid fight. I wonder if its a special move kinda like wft were a buff is gained for a short time
I'll admit, I'm much more curious about this. As I tend to gravitate towards more complex characters, since typically they have a wider variety of options to cover more situations, I've been very tempted by the trailer as far as Robin is concerned, but I'm very excited to learn to play him, as with Rosalina.

these characters are ****ing gay
no u

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Most of the people who **** rode Sal's leak and then said rude things to him ("Your Leak is bull****!", "fake!" and so on) after today's reveal are stupid. Anyways, first of all this game is rushed and today's reveal truly proves it. Sakurai's logic is gone this time around and what he has done is really unsettling. Why would he take out Roy in Brawl, then bring back another clone (Lucina) in this iteration, just to play even more similar to Marth? She even looks more similar to Marth with blue hair and the same pose, with her raising her hand to her breast. Exactly like ****ing Marth!!!!! Why Sakurai? Oh wait did I forget to include that Robin has the exact same face as Marth, but with white hair?! Wow so amazing Sakurai! You have really taken your time on this installment! Oh and another reason this game has been extremely rushed; if Chrom's in a final smash, he could have easily been a character and he would have probably had a much more original move set than both Ike and Marth. May'be I would have been okay with the fact if Lucina had a normal moveset, but when I see her malnourished *** performing Marth's nair in the trailer, it makes me ****ing infuriated, because she could've easily had an original move set and she does not look right using the move. I feel like Sakurai's logic was, "Well in her game she pretends to be Marth, so I guess I will translate her moveset exactly like Marth's in this iteration. That makes the most sense. My fans won't care much." If Sakurai wanted female representation in FE, we already have the female Robin to fulfill this spot... so why would we need Lucina? I would say we only got 1 true new character today, but even Robin upsets me, because I can spot how rushed his model is, unlike most of you sudden supporters.

Some groups of people wanted Chrom, and were excited about him because of the Gematsu leak, but as soon as Lucina was revealed, these same people acted like Sakurai's logic was amazing and that they were full supporters of Lucina from the start. Bandwagoning at its finest.

Honestly, I would take Chrom over both Robin and Lucina any day just because they seem very rushed. And I also feel bad for Sal since people want to talk **** just because his tipster (who he has no control over) was inaccurate today. I still think the chorus men are in along with Shulk, but who asked for the Chorus men? Not many. Sakurai does what he wants and he is selfish for that. I would have been completely okay with today's reveal, if Sakurai would have proved that he can make logical choices. And I bet all of you that if Dark Pit is a playable character, he too is a clone.
ok first roy was supposed to by in brawl and was cut for time, second your blaming sakurai for how robin looks when thats how robin looks? really ok

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
These characters are awesome! I love Awakening, and am so happy having Robin instead of Chrom. And a Lucina clone is just an awesome bonus!!

Lord Ike

Smash Rookie
I like the trailer for the newcomers, but I wasn't a fan of them. I mean, Robin seems like a pretty cool character and I may give him a try. I hate that Lucina is in the game. She is just a clone of Marth. Why is she considered a newcomer? She has been in every game since Melee. lol

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
How in the world do people get so bratty? "BUT I WANTED ROY!!" No you didn't, you just wanted something to complain about.

Most of the people who **** rode Sal's leak and then said rude things to him ("Your Leak is bull****!", "fake!" and so on) after today's reveal are stupid. Anyways, first of all this game is rushed and today's reveal truly proves it. Sakurai's logic is gone this time around and what he has done is really unsettling. Why would he take out Roy in Brawl, then bring back another clone (Lucina) in this iteration, just to play even more similar to Marth? She even looks more similar to Marth with blue hair and the same pose, with her raising her hand to her breast. Exactly like ****ing Marth!!!!! Why Sakurai? Oh wait did I forget to include that Robin has the exact same face as Marth, but with white hair?! Wow so amazing Sakurai! You have really taken your time on this installment! Oh and another reason this game has been extremely rushed; if Chrom's in a final smash, he could have easily been a character and he would have probably had a much more original move set than both Ike and Marth. May'be I would have been okay with the fact if Lucina had a normal moveset, but when I see her malnourished *** performing Marth's nair in the trailer, it makes me ****ing infuriated, because she could've easily had an original move set and she does not look right using the move. I feel like Sakurai's logic was, "Well in her game she pretends to be Marth, so I guess I will translate her moveset exactly like Marth's in this iteration. That makes the most sense. My fans won't care much." If Sakurai wanted female representation in FE, we already have the female Robin to fulfill this spot... so why would we need Lucina? I would say we only got 1 true new character today, but even Robin upsets me, because I can spot how rushed his model is, unlike most of you sudden supporters.

You pretend as if one man is only working on the game, and then have the expectation that there's thousands working on the game with an infinite budget. Did you have this same fit over Melee's 5 clones?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
These characters are awesome! I love Awakening, and am so happy having Robin instead of Chrom. And a Lucina clone is just an awesome bonus!!
I totally agree with this sentiment. Although I'm not all that into Awakening, I know enough about it to want your freakin FE:A avatar over Chrom anyway. Lucina also is neat.

Captain Falcon was glorious, too.

I like the trailer for the newcomers, but I wasn't a fan of them. I mean, Robin seems like a pretty cool character and I may give him a try. I hate that Lucina is in the game. She is just a clone of Marth. Why is she considered a newcomer? She has been in every game since Melee. lol
That's like saying "I hate that Falco is in the game. He's just a clone of Fox."
Oh wait. He hasn't been revealed yet. I wonder if he made it in! :troll:

People hate similar movesets unless it's a character they really like I guess. :troll:

Last edited:

Niala

Smash Ace
ok first roy was supposed to by in brawl and was cut for time, second your blaming sakurai for how robin looks when thats how robin looks? really ok
Strictly speaking, Robin is an avatar character. Each gender actually has 3 different styles they can appear as, each with 5 different hairstyles and each of those hairstyles with 20 possible colours. That being said, the one they chose to use as a promotion is the same as the base avatar from Awakening, so there's no reason to be surprised or upset, it should have been the expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom