• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Balance Patch Tonight?

STOB

Master of Robots
NNID
Stobby_Beeles
I keep seeing stuff on Twitter and Facebook about a possible balance patch coming out tonight. Something about unscheduled maintenance taking down the servers tonight? Does anyone have any insight into this?

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
If there is a balance patch, all I can hope for is some big buffs for Palutena, Samus, and Zelda.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
I'm hoping for a bigger update than just maintenance.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
That's still not enough for Zelda.
Why do zelda players always gotta complain fr. Oh boohoo your character doesn't get enough buffs. Zelda players are ***** anyways. They're on 2v2 spamming din's fire and up b, letting all their teammates do the work. Zelda players are salty af. Just admit that zelda will always be at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
They complain because she needs it. Not as much as samus, but she needs it all the same.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Buff Din's fire and possibly make the sweetspot range bigger on Zelda's kicks! -crosses fingers-

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Why do zelda players always gotta complain fr. Oh boohoo your character doesn't get enough buffs. Zelda players are c*nts anyways. They're on 2v2 spamming din's fire and up b, letting all their teammates do the work. Zelda players are salty af. Just admit that zelda will always be at the bottom.
I'm pretty sure their complaining is well justified since being bottom tier for three games in a row is a understandably undesirable thing. Seriously, I feel bad for Zelda mains, they never get the justice they deserve for enduring Melee and the hell known as Brawl's Hyrule + tier (Seriously, screw that tier). If her placement was just then she'd be at least high tier for all the crap they had to go through.

Anyways I'm hoping that along with some others, Jigglypuff gets some rather well deserved buffs, it's very frustrating seeing all my friends get massive buffs while I get absolutely nothing in return :ohwell:. In fact I'd take even Jiggly nerfs over nothing, I'd like the character's existance to at least be acknowledged by the dev team since it feels like it's being ignored :(.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Buff Din's fire and possibly make the sweetspot range bigger on Zelda's kicks! -crosses fingers-
Lol do you know how extremely powerful her bair is? I was bowser jr a heavy character. I was around 60% and a zelda bair me and I died. So no buffs on the sweetspot.

D

Deleted member

Lol do you know how extremely powerful her bair is? I was bowser jr a heavy character. I was around 60% and a zelda bair me and I died. So no buffs on the sweetspot.
You don't get to decide that fortunately.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
:4samus: please please please please please please

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
Everyone else can get their buffs and wats not its cool but I jus want marth 2 hav a good grab game

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Everyone else can get their buffs and wats not its cool but I jus want marth 2 hav a good grab game
at least if you miss a grab you dont get a charged smash attack in your face

D

Deleted member

Lol the only reason zelda continues to get buffs is because Sakurai can't stand you guys complaining. I'm Sakurai's barber. He told me no buffs for Zelda
The only reason you continue to post about Zelda is to fulfill this revenge filled vendetta against Zelda players for whatever unknown reason.

Maybe you should sort your priorities out and stop taking out your frustrations out on other people who simply want to enjoy the game and this forum?

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Buffs for :4mewtwo:, :4samus:, and :4zelda: are very necessary. Especially the former two with their hitboxes. They should come first.:4dedede:, :4drmario:, :4shulk:, and :4palutena: can also use some too.

And you know... I totally wouldn't mind nerfs to :4sheik:, :4zss:, and :rosalina:.

Last edited:

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
The only reason you continue to post about Zelda is to fulfill this revenge filled vendetta against Zelda players for whatever unknown reason.

Maybe you should sort your priorities out and stop taking out your frustrations out on other people who simply want to enjoy the game and this forum?
I hate zelda players because they always nag and nag. Sm4sh is not even a year yet. They don't take the time to unlock her potential. Look at all the buffs bowser jr gotten. Around 3, and they're not even that good buffs. King Dedede needs a buff way more than zelda does

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I hate zelda players because they always nag and nag. Sm4sh is not even a year yet. They don't take the time to unlock her potential. Look at all the buffs bowser jr gotten. Around 3, and they're not even that good buffs. King Dedede needs a buff way more than zelda does
I agree that Zelda players are very pessimistic, but she does still need some help in the buffs department. Dedede can use them as well.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
just fix some of this stuff nintendo

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
@ xDizxy xDizxy If you seriously think Zelda in relation to the rest of the cast is lack luster compared to the rest of the cast. Can the better Zelda player beat a Shiek player? Sure, but if the difference between the skill level has to be so high that Zelda will never be a relevant component of the competitive scene, then yes, she deserves some buffs. I will tell you this, and 99% of the people on this site will tell you the same thing. If the 99% isn't wrong then that means....

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
*sigh* I never got people who complain so freaking much about their main. Like, if you think your main sucks then what's the point on maining him/her? It's like people create their own mental johns for playing a "bad" character.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
*sigh* I never got people who complain so freaking much about their main. Like, if you think your main sucks then what's the point on maining him/her? It's like people create their own mental johns for playing a "bad" character.
I dont complain, I can use Samus pretty effectively. However, when it comes to balance patches, and determining who kind of needs one, you cant ignore flaws in a character that shouldnt be there to begin with. I dont think Samus is garbage, but I do think her hitbox issues needs to be addressed. Given that the Dev team has been Ignoring her mostly and patching other members of the cast

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
I dont complain, I can use Samus pretty effectively. However, when it comes to balance patches, and determining who kind of needs one, you cant ignore flaws in a character that shouldnt be there to begin with. I dont think Samus is garbage, but I do think her hitbox issues needs to be addressed. Given that the Dev team has been Ignoring her mostly and patching other members of the cast
I was not refering to you and I agree completely, as a pocket Samus, a lot of her issues should be solved as soon as possible. With that been said, you must admit that a great majority of the Smash 4 community has adopted this scrubby habit of crying about how bad their character is and how good his/her opponent's character is. People just fish for buffs instead of adapting like we had on the older Smash games. Seriously, every time I go to thr Samus boards to check stuff I just see people complaining so much about Samus that it makes me lose faith in the character.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I was not refering to you and I agree completely, as a pocket Samus, a lot of her issues should be solved as soon as possible. With that been said, you must admit that a great majority of the Smash 4 community has adopted this scrubby habit of crying about how bad their character is and how good his/her opponent's character is. People just fish for buffs instead of adapting like we had on the older Smash games. Seriously, every time I go to thr Samus boards to check stuff I just see people complaining so much about Samus that it makes me lose faith in the character.
problem is they kinda have a point. yes negativity is never fun to read and is often annoying but the evidence is compelling. if you want positive threads in the samus boards though just go to the gameplay videos thread and the various tech and combo threads. theres a better atmosphere in the majority of the samus boards its just Samus Being completely ignored last patch where others got major buffs was Jarring to no end. Theyre outcry is only to attract attention being that Nintendo seems adamant that she needs no changes and everyone else needs tweaks.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Why do zelda players always gotta complain fr. Oh boohoo your character doesn't get enough buffs. Zelda players are c*nts anyways. They're on 2v2 spamming din's fire and up b, letting all their teammates do the work. Zelda players are salty af. Just admit that zelda will always be at the bottom.
Just like Bowser Jr players on 2V2 who tend to spam the cannon as well as Mecha Koopa while waiting at the edges the entire time? Oh and heaven forbid you get near them and they have to use their UP B constantly when you do...

There's a lot of Spam happy characters on 2v2, and they're going to spam if they know they can get away with it. With that being said I like how your main focus is just on Zelda. There's always going to be people who want buffs for their mains or complain how good one character is. It's constantly happening for just about anyone and everyone. It's either "Nerf this character" or "Buff this character" a lot of the time. Most people are just never happy with what they got no matter who they main.

In one of your posts you are right, the game hasn't even been out for a year yet (will be soon though) and there's already people that are demanding for a 5th Smash game or already talking about it like it's going to happen. Point is, people are never going to be happy no matter what happens. If it's not one thing it's going to be another, it's as simple as that really.

So, try focusing a little less on Zelda in the future okay? You obviously dislike her from what I could tell, and that's okay cause we all have a character we dislike in Sm4sh; however, just know it can be literally any character in this situation and not just Zelda.

Kay? Mhkay...

As for this Topic itself I do believe it is just a maintenance thing more or less. Only time will tell. Perhaps they're getting ready for something? Either way I'll be happy with whichever. Balance Patches are nice but I'm not gonna be upset if it's not.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Just like Bowser Jr players on 2V2 who tend to spam the cannon as well as Mecha Koopa while waiting at the edges the entire time? Oh and heaven forbid you get near them and they have to use their UP B constantly when you do...

There's a lot of Spam happy characters on 2v2, and they're going to spam if they know they can get away with it. With that being said I like how your main focus is just on Zelda. There's always going to be people who want buffs for their mains or complain how good one character is. It's constantly happening for just about anyone and everyone. It's either "Nerf this character" or "Buff this character" a lot of the time. Most people are just never happy with what they got no matter who they main.

In one of your posts you are right, the game hasn't even been out for a year yet (will be soon though) and there's already people that are demanding for a 5th Smash game or already talking about it like it's going to happen. Point is, people are never going to be happy no matter what happens. If it's not one thing it's going to be another, it's as simple as that really.

So, try focusing a little less on Zelda in the future okay? You obviously dislike her from what I could tell, and that's okay cause we all have a character we dislike in Sm4sh; however, just know it can be literally any character in this situation and not just Zelda.

Kay? Mhkay...

As for this Topic itself I do believe it is just a maintenance thing more or less. Only time will tell. Perhaps they're getting ready for something? Either way I'll be happy with whichever. Balance Patches are nice but I'm not gonna be upset if it's not.
Lol do you know how laggy Jr's projectiles are? If you use someone like fox or mario who have a reflector, it shouldn't be no problem. Zelda is way more common than bowser jr. I go after zelda because like I said, they're always whining.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
It's just server maintenance. They do it regularly.

Last edited:

LiX

Smash Rookie
If there were a significant update, we would have know by now. Sakurai is gonna let us wait longer...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Lol do you know how laggy Jr's projectiles are? If you use someone like fox or mario who have a reflector, it shouldn't be no problem. Zelda is way more common than bowser jr. I go after zelda because like I said, they're always whining.
Because Din and the phantom are top class quick projectiles! :awesome:

For doing doubles in For Fun, as a Zelda main, I have to say there's is plenty of occasions to use Farore, more than in 1vs1. And that because it's where she shines! In doubles! (to me at least)

You can protect with Nayru and the phantom, harass with Din and Farore, trap someone in your Smash for your friend to Smash too... To me, she is made for this. Doubles.

But Zelda do need buffs, like many low tiers who also already had buffs. We are not saying that Zelda should remove the sweetspot on her Fair / Bair and do always 50%, but she could need somes buffs, especially and the landing lag part.

To me, by her very own concept (slow, light characters with sweetspot: a risk / reward glass cannon), she will never rise a lot in the tier list. Doesn't mean she is bad, but not made for the competition. Also, most of the buffs she received are more fixes than buffs: the F-Smash especially.

But you know what? There's characters I hate too, and I can also think that they could have buffs. You are just salty against the coolest princess :awesome:

Also, I never encounter Zelda in Fun and Glory modes... And when I do, they suck.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Serious note here, stop ******* on Zelda, she is in dire need of a buff, she is arguably one of the worst characters next to Ganon and Samus. Though Ganon has my pick as the worst followed by Zelda.

A list of characters who are going to get heavily buffed sooner or later:
-Samus
-Palutena*
-Ganondorf
-Zelda
-Jigglypuff*
-Bowser*
-Mewtwo*
-Little Mac*

*Heavy adjustments, but not significant buffs.

- Palutena still struggles a bit with her new tilts, they're still kind of bad, so I see them adjusting that, but she is almost set down, They could potentially improve her specials a bit more. Regardless, she isn't done.

-Jigglypuff's only real downfall as a character is a lack of good throws to punish heavy shielding with. They will probably toss in a stronger forward throw and give her down throw more realistic combo potential, which in turn forces people to play the MU in a fair way, by dropping their shield to deal with an enemy floating above them.

-Bowser still has some god awful traits despite being faster, but it seems like they might sooner or later reduce some lag slightly on his aerials to give him a slightly better combo game. Essentially the Charizard treatment.

-Mewtwo has been getting some buffs, and he has a lot more than what people give him credit for, but it's possible he will get some better KB growths here and there and get slightly heavier since his combo game is pretty good. Or just fix some traits of his hitboxes to make them better.

-Little Mac is most likely going to get slightly heavier in a small increment and get a better recovery, they probably realized how unjustified the nerf to his recovery was. Increasing his weight slightly would make him a bit more durable and make good sense since he doesn't really use his aerials to start things.

-Zelda good god she needs better buffs, she may have a combo game, but it doesn't matter that much when her aerials are really bad for trading and difficult to kill with even with the good knockback. Her projectiles are garbage, din's fire is too easy to punish, and even with the fixes to the phantom warrior, it is still pretty awful in what use it has. They are for sure gonna buff her fair and bair hitboxes, din's fire hitbox and improve the phantom warrior enough. With that her problems are addressed imo, and it may not sound heavy, but a lot doesn't necessarily mean heavy, since they could buff din's fire tremendously like they did WFT's volleyball.

-Ganondorf is by far the worst character yet again. Extremely slow both in the air and ground and has poor frame data to be considered a CQC fighter. No real combos and is almost always exclusively trading or getting camped. Take a note on melee ganon and you realize what made melee ganon good. So make ganon's moves faster on start-up, buff his speed slightly, improve frames of landing lag on his uair and dair, let him combo off his fastest CQC moves known as jab and d-tilt, and you get a ganon who can actually combo and even effectively approach, because if he ever has to jump, his heavy weight compliments his good ground speed. They could even go about altering knockback angles on certain moves to make it easier to use.

-Again taking notes from melee Samus, we cam make Samus feel unique in comparison to Link and actually compliment her weaknesses with good strengths. First, give her missiles that god-like melee status. Her camping game is so weak for a character who has to deal with the slowest roll and a d-smash that covers opponents trying to roll into her, but can't kill them so there is no fear in rolling through them. Second, fix her jab not linking properly, that is a move fix that should have been done a while back. Third and final, make her d-smash a kill move, so with the new stronger pressure her missiles present, rolling through them becomes an even less favorable option.

Last edited:

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
Well, nothing happened to the DS smash. So no changes/DLC confirmed? Maybe after the Wii U maintenance is done. Probably not though :/

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Lol, do you know how laggy Zeldas moves are? Her teleport can be very easy to shield when you know it's coming and when you do shield it you can land a good punish just about every single time. Her Dins Flare also has some pretty bad end lag plus it's also easy to avoid. Even her aerials have some serious lag time that can be punished if you just stay on the ground and shield.

The only characters I play as with reflectors are Zelda & ROB. ROB's is tricky while Zelda's has lag time.

And so what? People constantly whine about Roaslina, Link, Ness, Sonic, Captain Falcon, and more whether it's about buffs, nerfs, or whatever it is they chose to complain about. It happens with every character, not just Zelda. You must be pretty salty with her.

@ Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic I like you, lets be friends.

Last edited:
Top Bottom