• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Balance Patch Tonight?

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Sheik is a top 1...don't compare with her.

i didnt said that samus is a top 10 (even top 15 ) but she is not the worst and yes she need some buffs.
I will most certainly compare Shiek to Samus if it makes a good point.
Shiek's KO power is horrible. Samus's is substantially worse.
I love Samus as a character and I enjoy playing her, but it's pretty obvious she's the worst character in the game, and if not she's bottom 5 and there's no questioning that.
And before anyone brings up ESAM that was one match and he also used BOWSER in Brawl Grand Finals at Super Smash Con and took a stock off M2K's MK before M2K KO'd him, and might have benn able to win the match if he hadn't have treated him like Sm4sh Bowser and tried to ledge trump with Bowser Bomb twice.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I will most certainly compare Shiek to Samus if it makes a good point.
Shiek's KO power is horrible. Samus's is substantially worse.
I love Samus as a character and I enjoy playing her, but it's pretty obvious she's the worst character in the game, and if not she's bottom 5 and there's no questioning that.
And before anyone brings up ESAM that was one match and he also used BOWSER in Brawl Grand Finals and took a stock off M2K's MK before M2K KO'd him, and might have benn able to win the match if he hadn't have treated him like Sm4sh Bowser and tried to ledge trump with Bowser Bomb twice.
That Bowser fight was too much hype and made me think that Tier Lists are complete nonsense. Or, almost, but that it mostly comes down to the player. I mean, M2K, using a broken character and nearly lost to one of the worst in the game - that's insane.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
*sigh* I never got people who complain so freaking much about their main. Like, if you think your main sucks then what's the point on maining him/her? It's like people create their own mental johns for playing a "bad" character.
Because in a world where balance patches are now a thing, people who like a character, FOR that character's play style or visual design or game of origin, should be able to reasonably expect their character to stand a chance in serious play.

Yes, there will always be a best and worst.

No, the difference should not be as insanely stark as it is when you compare pre-nerf Diddy or current Sheik to... oh, Zelda or Samus.

Some people are emotionally invested in their elegant magic-user princess because they like her from the games she's in. Some people are emotionally invested in their power-armored bounty hunter because they like Metroid games a lot and that's Samus' 'proper' and original form. Part of Smash's appeal is you get to fight as your favorite Nintendo character (plus some guest stars). Wouldn't you be upset if your character had poor design and thus wasn't viable, while someone else just bandwagons whoever is top tier and mocks you when they win?

They complain because they want to have fun with elven mage royal and tough sci-fi bounty hunter, but can't because those characters get utterly destroyed by anyone competent using a top tier character. "Just pick a top tier" is an extremely poor consolation prize to them, because they wanted to enjoy Zelda or Samus or whoever they're a fan of.

And now in 2015, Nintendo has figured out how to rebalance the game (mostly for the better so far!), and if they do not voice their complaints then they have less of a chance of being heard and their risks of being stuck with their favorite being garbage patch after patch increase.

It might not be fun to read, but I assure you they're having even less fun getting destroyed for free because they wanted to celebrate a character they enjoy.

Top Bottom