• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Apex Schedule Announced With No Cuts!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

#Savepex has managed to succeed! The tournament has been moved to a new venue thanks to the amazing efforts of the community with Bifuteki finding a venue, help from Twitch.tv securing the new venue at the Garden State Convention Center and making plans to provide buses to get players to the event, and Red Bull helping with trucks to move equipment. As NAKAT said: "Apex is You, I, and the thousands of people who attend and watch the event." Our community certainly proved that to be the case today.

The tournament still running isn't the only good news either! Due to some amazing logistics work by the Apex team and volunteers this previously 3 day event has managed to be condensed down into a 2 day event with no events cut despite previous speculation that they might be!

Some of the highlights:
  • Each wave is now 90 minutes instead of 120
  • Melee and Sm4sh pools will only advance 2 players instead of 4.
  • Melee and Sm4sh singles pools run from 9am-6pm, with overflow from 6pm-7:30pm. Bracket round begins at 7:30pm.
  • Shuttles are not 100%, but are scheduled to start at 7am.
So everybody put on your seat belts and get set for the hype that is Apex 2015. It has been a bumpy ride thus far but it will be incredibly exciting to see how the event goes with this compacted schedule and watch the fierce competition take place!

SmashCapps wants to thank everyone who followed him on Twitter today to keep up with the news. He feels honored that he could help keep the public informed. He's continuing to re-tweet any major Apex news or fun quotes involving the event, so follow him on Twitter to keep up!

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
YES the finals and special announcement still set for Sunday, what time is the special announcement in Pacific time?

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Great effort on Team Apex, their sponsors, and the Smash Community to get this train back on track. I wonder what Nintendo's special announcement is? It will probably be the Mewtwo trailer but I'm hoping a certain space animal claws back in a trailer or announcement.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Holy crap i love every member of this community.

Also, Nintendo knows of smashboards? This is AMAZING!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Nintendo is linking smashboards on its twitter. SMASHBOARDS ON NINTENDO'S TWITTER

We've come far

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Tears in my eyes...

This is the day we've proven ourselves. :')

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Holy crap i love every member of this community.

Also, Nintendo knows of smashboards? This is AMAZING!
Nintendo has known Smashboards for a loooong time. I recall them making mention of it at least once Nintendo Power or something. Nintendo knows and visits the site. When and how much; we don't know but you'd have to be blind to not notice or hear about the biggest Smash community on the Internet.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Nintendo has known Smashboards for a loooong time. I recall them making mention of it at least once Nintendo Power or something. Nintendo knows and visits the site. When and how much; we don't know but you'd have to be blind to not notice or hear about the biggest Smash community on the Internet.
>.,< sorry for unwarrented hype then.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Now is the time to be proud of being a Smasher!

>.,< sorry for unwarrented hype then.
Nothing wrong with that! Seeing Nintendo tweeting Smashboards definitely calls for hype and mad representation!

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Now is the time to be proud of being a Smasher!

Nothing wrong with that! Seeing Nintendo tweeting Smashboards definitely calls for hype and mad representation!
Man now if Nintendo employees told us their smashboards usernames, we could follow them (on smashboards) and maybe get in tournaments and talk with them on their lunch break, great company-consumer interaction. I heard Bill Trinen is really good with Rosalina.

toro194

Smash Rookie
this is so amazing. i really want to spectate. im in nyc. but no funds to do it. next year tho, im in there for sure.

TheVampirian

Smash Rookie
NNID
HandsomeRocker
Things are changing for the better. All that's left so far is for Sakurai to take a look at Diddy Kong and decide to do something.

thadd_fin

Your Residential Mongolian
NNID
Thadd_fin
3DS FC
4527-8856-2512
This is amazing! The Smash community is so damn amazing, chock full of people who don't let anything like a structurally compromised building keep them from playing!

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
Man, this is all kinds of amazing to see. New to the community and damn, I love how y'all rally. I can get down with this.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Gosh, y'all are amazing. Sakurai must be so proud <3 Along with all of us of course! So proud!

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Ever heard of the "Miracle on Ice"? This is the "Miracle at Apex 2015". Nintendo is damn right to be proud.

For all the in-fighting we do, the Smash Community truly is #1 from causal to hardcore. From Official to Fan games. Melee to Smash Wii U. From Final Destination to PokeFloats.

We represent.

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
So happy it's going ahead, I was pretty scared for the people who travelled all the way to Apex for a while there.

Good on Nintendo for recognising the effort that went into making this happen

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Great to hear that the event is still going with nothing cut, but I really don't get why they would cancel Brawl before Killer Instinct. KI got about half as many entrants and this is a Smash Bros. tournament. Not to mention that it's not gonna be in EVO, so there'd be no seeding issues caused by it.

acekingoffsuit

Smash Rookie
Great to hear that the event is still going with nothing cut, but I really don't get why they would cancel Brawl before Killer Instinct. KI got about half as many entrants and this is a Smash Bros. tournament. Not to mention that it's not gonna be in EVO, so there'd be no seeding issues caused by it.
I don't know of anyone who thought Brawl would've been cut. There was speculation that doubles for all games might get cut, but that was only speculation.

As for KI and the other "FGC" games, I don't think they were ever going to get cut. Their consoles aren't used for any other games at Apex, and the monitors only get used for Sm4sh, which presumably had enough monitors to work with already. Cutting those games would've freed up space, but nothing else that was useful to the TOs.

Top Bottom