• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neumont University Smash Bros Tournament [Melee... - November 16th, 2013 - Salt Lake City, Utah

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Introducing Neumont University's Melee and Brawl tournament

Send me (Superw0rri0) a PM if you have any questions

Events:
- Friendlies/Warm ups
- Melee Singles
- Melee Doubles
- Brawl Singles
- Brawl Doubles
- Free-For-All (not 100% confirmed)
(the idea of the free-for-all is to allow for a cheap light-hearted event that everyone may participate in)

Buy-ins:
- $5 entry per event
- $5 per person for doubles
- $3 entry for Free-For-All
- Anyone can enter
- Buy-ins in multiple events are allowed

Schedule:
- 10:00am Registration and Warm-ups
- 12:00pm Events will begin
- Specific times for each events are TBA

Food:
If you're worried about food, we're in the middle of downtown with a million restaurants around us and City Creek Mall is just a walk down the street.

Prizes:
- Each tournament's prizes will be based off buy-ins + a guaranteed $20 per tournament
- The guaranteed money may increase in a future time

Date:
November 16th, 2014

- 143 South Main Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
--- PLEASE BRING IN SET UPS ---

If you don't know what the building looks like... it looks like this:
(Just look for the flags)

Rules:
- All Melee and Brawl events will be using standard rule sets.

Free-for-all rules:
Stages:
- All Stages are turned on with the acception of New Pork City which will be banned by default
- If 4 players are playing, each player bans 2 stages
- If 3 players are playing, each player bans 3 stages *
- If 2 players are playing, each player bans 5 stages *
- Stages are selected through random
- No custom stages
- All players may agree to pick a specific stage if and only if all players agree
Items:
- All items are on and are set to low
- If 4 players are playing, each player may ban up to 3 items
- If 3 players are playing, each player may ban up to 4 items *
- If 2 players are playing, each player may ban up to 5 items *
- All players may agree to turn off items if and only if all players agree
Elimination:
- The elimination process is still undecided

* Depending on how many people buy-in and how players will be eliminated these rules are set in place in the case that there are less than 4 players in a match

MORE INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE TOURNAMENT DATE

Tomacawk

Smash Master
oh **** this is where neumont is? I thought it was some random college in some random place I didn't know, but I remember walking by this place all the time when it was under construction/renovation earlier this year. I'm in.

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
oh **** this is where neumont is? I thought it was some random college in some random place I didn't know, but I remember walking by this place all the time when it was under construction/renovation earlier this year. I'm in.

XD for a while it was in some random street in South Jordan... we just moved about 4 and a half months ago

BBQdPickles

Smash Cadet
Tournament date changed from the 9th to the 16th
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to playing, since I'll be down the weekend of the 9th. What was the reason for the change, if I may ask?

Well if anyone still wants to play (Provo/Orem or SLC, since that's where I'll be) let me know and we can arrange something. 801-750-0744

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to playing, since I'll be down the weekend of the 9th. What was the reason for the change, if I may ask?

Well if anyone still wants to play (Provo/Orem or SLC, since that's where I'll be) let me know and we can arrange something. 801-750-0744
There was a scheduling conflict with another tournament that's being held in Provo.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
what's up new posters!! make sure to come find me at the tournament and ask for some friendlies! i would love to help you guys out with your game ;)
i'll be the tall pasty white blond with a red beard

crashman360

Smash Rookie
-mars- you live in utah? I didn't know that haha. i played you in the aib ladder a few times. :p

either that or in free play, but i've played you haha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
another first time poster!!! and a falco player!

****ing HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

new players make sure to find me and play some matches at this tournament. I want to meet all of you and give you the welcoming waveshine to the scene ;)

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
another first time poster!!! and a falco player!

****ing HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

new players make sure to find me and play some matches at this tournament. I want to meet all of you and give you the welcoming waveshine to the scene ;)

Let's get it!!! We'll be there around 10:30 to get the hype going.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
-mars- you live in utah? I didn't know that haha. i played you in the aib ladder a few times. :p

either that or in free play, but i've played you haha
Really? Was it years ago? I haven't played WiFi in like 2 years.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
there's usually a P:M setup whenever tournies go down
also HYPE. can't wait. everybody's workin' for the weekenddddd

Tomacawk

Smash Master
for those with parking concerns, I suggest parking at the salt lake city intermodal station, aka salt lake central station, aka salt lake greyhound station
you can take *any* trax line out of the station and it's entirely in the free fare zone from the station -> neumont, and it's only a 9 minute transit with a 1-2 minute walk when you get off.

I'm 95% sure there is free public parking at the station but Iw ill call UTA when I wake up tomorrow and confirm for sure and post here
and if you're bringing a setup, I'll be at the venue by 11:15-11:20 and you can just call me and let me know you're out front, I'll carry your setup in and you can then go park and take the trax back
i have 300 minutes a month so please just text me, my number is 801-259-5688 [new phone btw so those of you that had my old 217 area code number you can delete that]
I'll likely be one of the later persons leaving so you can drive back and I'll help you load back up in your car too (unless I leave early, can't know for sure yet)

Top Bottom