• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There's nothing to lose if you. I mean, sure you might not do all well as you wouldve when you were in practice, but you'll gain a lot of experience from it and you'll enjoy yourself. And who knows, maybe you'll do better than you thought and make an upset or two. ;)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't know how willingly I'd use dash attack though Eagle...it's very unsafe and slow. I'd say the risk is not worth the reward.
I use the move to trap landings when PK Fire/USmash isn't an option. Sometimes it gives just enough reach over USmash.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'll get something recorded at the tourney or when practicing with Excel and Ripple tomorrow.

The minimal damage may not be worth it, but the fact that when it's used right it's difficult to punish AND it can lead into some great setups by placing your opponent in the most terrible position possible makes it worth it in my opinion.

I'll give you guys some examples using other ppls vids though first. (finds vids)
EDIT: Nvm..... Failed effort.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Chaining that same DashAttack into continual strings of UAir and BAir makes me **** in my pants.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
It's like Chess: Once you know what your opponent needs to do to properly escape whatever your plans are, you cover those options while also covering ground that your opponent might unexpectedly slip through to get at you.
ive been saying this for a long time

64 is high speed tag

melee is high speed king of the hill

brawl is high speed chess

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Even on shield it works really well. PK JUMP SETS UP FOR GRABS 'n' ****!!!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Give me a situation where PK Fire won't work, I guess. Typically I can get away with PK Fire.

:phone:
idk, tbh it hardly ever comes up because PK fire almost always is better.

But against characters with RCO lag for example, they might land during the PK Fire hits and get knocked back up again, so Dash Attack can help to preserve the RCO lag to punish them harder later.

It's more situational then like... Ganon UTilt though lol.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Evidently I've missed a few key things here in the last little while

Want one (a signiture)? :p
Yes. Yes I do. Yours is awesome

ive been saying this for a long time

64 is high speed tag

melee is high speed king of the hill

brawl is high speed chess
I agree with this. I have always enjoyed referring to Brawl as a chess game.

Give me a situation where PK Fire won't work, I guess. Typically I can get away with PK Fire.
I find that this is typically true. Unless your opponent reads your PK Fire it's pretty hard to punish if spaced correctly. I think there are sometime better options but I usually get away with it if I'm not being predictable even if it isn't the best option.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
PKF Dthrow Fair Nair PKT2?
*probably inaccurate lolol*

How did I see this coming? :p

DUDE! WHY YOU WASTE STUFF ON FAIR IN THAT SITUATION?!?!?! UAIR ALWAYS BETTAH!

I've got some practice games in with Ripple and Excel. They're going up soon enough, and you're gonna see some crazy ****. I pull this stuff off EVERY game.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm talking lower percentages. They'd be pushed too far back on mid and high percents if I remember correctly. In which case, yes, Uair. But higher percents might make them too far away. Hm.

I need to get back into the groove of things again. :B

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Nah, even lower percents it's better with UAir. You RAR a UAir and can almost always follow with a BAir or NAir at low percents.

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Ahh, okay. I'll keep that in mind then!

Whoah, how long has this forum been able to fade in new posts? I was reading Eagle's post and Flutter's post creeped up on me. xD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
'cause it doesn't matter. It racks damage and kills well enough. Plus, BAir and BThrow can kill also. I like UAir's kill potential, but as long as you use it by chaining attacks into it, the staling factor isn't much of an issue.

It's more of "everything leads to UAir" than "I like dishing out UAirs whenever."
--DashAttack,
--UTilt,
--UThrow,
--DThrow,
--DAir,
--NAir,
--PK Jump/PK Fire.

I can list almost every move in Ness' move-set. UAir and BAir rock

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I say try and lead your stuff into NOT uair when possible as it keeps uair fresh, then since everything leads into uair, lead into it when they're in kill damages.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I say try and lead your stuff into NOT uair when possible as it keeps uair fresh, then since everything leads into uair, lead into it when their in kill damages.
UAir's hitbox is the only one that can cover the area it does in the manner that it does. And I kill with it at 120% anyways, even after using it a bunch. If I manage to not kill with a UAir, I've got BThrow, BAir, FTilt, and all of my normal stuff that can assist in racking damage. Once they get 10-20% more, UTilt and NAir become viable kill moves. The more times I miss killing by staling a move, the more moves I can potentially kill with, to the point where it doesn't matter if a move gets stale.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Thats why I said 'when possible'. If it's the only thing that will work, by all means, go for it, but Im just trying to say you should try and keep it as fresh as possible due to its high kill potential.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I know that..... >.>

I'll just wait until Ripple and Excel post those vids. I need examples of my gameplay in order to show ppls how I use the things I use. LIKE DASHATTACK! IT'S NOWHERE NEAR TRASH!

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
I personally keep forgetting about Uair. I've been using it every once in a while (rage inducing!) but for the most part it slips my mind. It feels like an awkward move to me, I guess. I usually take advantage of his air mobility where they don't think I'll be able to pull something off, or where they think I'm doing something else, and catch them off-guard. Uair doesn't usually fit in for that use to me, but I could very easily be using it wrong. xD

I do use dash attack though. Its hitboxes being delayed comes in handy.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I love Ness' uair. Uair is an amazing move on all my characters, so I love those kind of moves.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The same way Yoshi does for usmash, D3 does for utilt, Wario does for usmash, etc :3c

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
gannon utilt has a situation?

The only situation I can think of is edgeguarding/edgepressuring in friendlies.
Well it does +20 damage on shield, so it's basically a shield break if it hits. Mostly a tool against players who haven't quite grasped punishing the startup of moves, and seem to think they have to shield it.

And then flight of ganon -> reversed aerial warlock punch is 43% and they're probably dead now.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
.... Can I just say "Ness' UAir beats all of that"?

UAir's hitbox is attractive. ;D

Rorroh

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm proud to say that what I said could not have been any more wrong! Er, I mean, I'm proud to say I'm Uairing more and it's working. Also the dthrow thing is wrong lolol.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
what DThrow thing? You gotta do some crazy **** to make it work.

HEADING OUT IN LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!! HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I played Legan and YoshQ in pools.... I went 1-2 to both of them, but dang close matches.

YOSH GOT A FREAKING MISFIRE ON ME! :(

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I wonder how Ness makes his head temporarily bigger for his Uair...
I don't think it gets bigger in Brawl, actually. I know it did in 64/Melee, but I don't think it actually does in Brawl.

I could probably be totally wrong though.

@ R e d X: Yeah, I can arrange a signature for you.

Top Bottom