• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I higly doubt that.

If anything, Id say Yink and Dajay leaving is what mostly killed this place, seeing as those two alone were at least half the activity here before hand.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
FREAKING!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I FORGOT MoP AND BLOOPSI!! HOW THE HECK COULD I FORGET BLOOPSI?!?!??!? BLOOPSI'S MAH MAYUN!!
and MoP was a cool guy who knew some good stuff and played ness well too. HE WAS AROUND HERE FOREVER TOO!!! GWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

I'm sorry I forget you guys. I suck. :(

EVERYONE ELSE AWESOME, IF I FORGET YOU, POST SLANDEROUS THINGS ABOUT ME! I ALLOW!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
How am iSlanderous? Iceland-er-ous? I'm like a person from iceland?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
ROCKMIX!!!! *hugs fiercely* I MISSED YOU AND ALL THE OTHER NESS MAINS! :(

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Grrrr... I hate using ness + Lucas with only the wiimote(without nunchuk, for my old one broke and my brother uses the remaining one). Me and my brother are trying to put up a decent match so we can show ppl where we are at, but it's not fair when there's no nunchuk. :(

I'll be around every so often so i hope i can help these threads live.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ugh, I don't see how people can play with those, feels so awkward compared to the GC controller. Then again I don't know if GC controllers are sold anymore anywhere really, so I guess you have to manage with whatever you have... :\

Yeah, if you've got a match post it in the Video thread, and we can give you some pointers there if you want.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Classic Controller is the best controller.

But I still use GC just like most cuz Im used to it.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I dropped 60 on a new white gc controller.

Considering switching to classic because I've always preferred dpads to joysticks...

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I tend to use the wiichuk, but nowadays i have to content myself with a side on solo wiimote. I can't even zap-jump with lucas with it. :(

It also makes it harder to make a nice looking match video. For instance i'll grab with ness, and press down, but because i was already partly pressing down before it won't register my down throw until maybe a second later when i smash the button down. Alternately sometimes i don't even press down before my down throw happens. :/

I've just got to get the vids from the wii to an SD card and then get them on to the comp. I've gt a few ok ones, but no fantastic ones.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I dropped 60 on a new white gc controller.

Considering switching to classic because I've always preferred dpads to joysticks...

Classic isn't controlled with DPad, it's controlled with the left stick. DPad still taunts.

Honestly I've been considering investing in a fight stick once I have money.

Fight sticks are 100x more precise than an analogue stick.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
A fight stick for Brawl? I tried that and couldn't get it to work, the joystick just kept taunting. I tried to reconfigure the controls but nothing worked and I ended up not being able to move my character. Extreme sadface. :drsad:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Classic isn't controlled with DPad, it's controlled with the left stick. DPad still taunts.

Honestly I've been considering investing in a fight stick once I have money.

Fight sticks are 100x more precise than an analogue stick.
Can't you change that in control schemes though? Or am I just a crazy old lady

I mean arguably I could do that on a gc too but its awkwardly placed

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nope you can't change dpad to movement.

Also that's definitely good to know, I need to make sure the stick on my fight stick inputs control stick stuff lol, not dpad like most do.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Then let me help bring it back to life. I have one last tournament in me that I'm creating for next summer.

I got 5th at a tournament in Minnesota awhile ago.

Hi guys. :)

EDIT: holy **** it's so dead in here. Okay, let's think of what to do to revive this place.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
YINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it died. I got a bad pool placement at Don't Blink. :(Oro and Akashi, who both main Marth; Marshall who's probably the best in MI; ook, who I mistakenly let pick Yoshi's):

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nope you can't change dpad to movement.

Also that's definitely good to know, I need to make sure the stick on my fight stick inputs control stick stuff lol, not dpad like most do.
You dont have to, I have a fight stick for Tatsunoko that I use for brawl when I'm bored, you just have to set the joystick to read analog instead of D-Pad as it's default is set at D-Pad. Regardless, smash is effing hard on the fight stick, not worth it imo.

@Yink: I got 4th at my tournament, I win ;o

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Aww. I was really hoping it was possible to Brawl with a fight stick... I'm sick of feeling so imprecise with a control stick.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
YINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it died. I got a bad pool placement at Don't Blink. :(Oro and Akashi, who both main Marth; Marshall who's probably the best in MI; ook, who I mistakenly let pick Yoshi's):
I don't know why you wouldn't ban YI at all, it's a horribad stage for Ness...and that's really harsh how you had two Marth mains. It's alright dude, don't let it get you down ok?

You dont have to, I have a fight stick for Tatsunoko that I use for brawl when I'm bored, you just have to set the joystick to read analog instead of D-Pad as it's default is set at D-Pad. Regardless, smash is effing hard on the fight stick, not worth it imo.

@Yink: I got 4th at my tournament, I win ;o
Too bad I haven't played for months, so getting 5th and iirc only losing to PR'd players to me felt pretty good. Congrats to you.

EDIT: omg, Brawling with a fight stick. Sick.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Supreme, it is possible, it's just a lot harder than it needs to be.

Yink, I hadnt played for 2 months either and ALSO only lost to PR'd players (but then again I'm PR'd as well lol, but they were higher ranked PR'd players). But obv you have been absent for even longer so kudos to you as well, rep dat Ness gurl.

smash64

Smash Champion
We have done a lot with MU discussion. I really don't think much has changed with those over the years.
There's not anything really new with Ness, it's just "vary how you use some moves a lot."
Yink left b/c she started teaching.
EB360 left forever ago
EB0 left forever ago
Chrono came back a while ago and left again
Vice comes back once in a while, but haven't seen much of him
Ref comes back at random times and makes me :)
Uffe ... I really don't know. Where uffe at?
Dajayman came back for a while after being banned... then he posted less.
Neon's still here. xD
thesage left forever ago
Levitas left like a year ago. :(
FOW never goes here
rPSI is more a lucas guy than a ness guy now.
xoxokev was awesome! xD he made this thread. He came back once in the past few months to say a word, but he quit I'm sure.
AvericeX left randomly... he was playing D3 more often last I remember though.
Smash64 comes back at un-known times with tourney results, but he hasn't posted in a while
Shaky is the same, but haven't heard of him in a while either.
Kenny seemed to have left, but I'm not sure
MeteorMaster (is that his name?) we haven't heard from in forever, so I'm assuming he left.
Deltacod mains yoshi, but he played a pretty good ness and came around here for a while back in the day.

Let's see.... Hopefully some of these ness mains name search.

Smash64 Dajayman FOW Shaky Uffe Yink RocketPSI or rPSI Bartolon or Barto or s1-14 Kennypu xoxokev thesage avericeX Chrono EB360 EB0 Vicegrip ref Levitas MeteorMaster DeltaCod (I MISS YOU ALL!!! :( )

If I'm forgetting mentioning any of the awesome ness mains from the past, I'm sorry. We had so many good ness'ers and they moved on to other things in life. I've stuck around because I don't like seeing the ness boards die. it's sad :(

Mayhap's we need an extremely good tourney placing from a Ness main to spark life back into us.

EDIT!

HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET ABOUT MOBILISQ?!?!?! :( I feel like a turrible person now. *slaps self silly*
I miss every one as well but we all know that brawl is coming to an end because ssb4 is going to come out and some ppl just don't play brawl any more or just plain quit because they wanted to move on with their lifes, but as for me i have always loved the super smash bros. series and will forever play all the games that come out and most importantly i will always be a Ness main! :reverse:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I might main not Yoshi for the first time ever in Smash 4, depending on the new characters introduced.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I was going to say "I'm quitting Brawl", but I'll just wait for SmashBros4 to come out. Probably nowhere near, but I'll likely do better in that than how I'm doing in Brawl right now. I lost my smartness when playing Ness, and I'm just picking up Marth (slightly) because he's fun to play. Ness takes too much precision, and considering I'm at college and can't practice to keep up the precise playstyle, it's not worth playing as Ness.

Ness is still my favorite character and I love playing as him, it's just life is more important right now.
I've almost completely abandoned video-games, but I know for a fact that it's impossible for me to do so, especially because Skyrim, Skyward Sword, and several other fun games are going to be released by the end of this year. I'm just not feeling the competitive gaming right now.

In terms of Brawl stuff, I can't wait for APEX. That's the only thing I'm looking forward to watching.
I bet Europe destroys US.

Top Bottom