• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Archive Super Store - Now with More Illuminati

Levitas

the moon
Oh snap! I main marth now too. Actually I was a poorly disguised marth main all along. I just play Ness and like it here better.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
One of Bubbleman's videos has the battle of final destiny. Check it out.
???
If you mean Final Destination (FD), there are some battles on it.

@ person playing EarthBound:
Don't freak out, go and look for Dungeon Man, there's an indian(?) guy with the key to it nearby. After it, you'll eventually get to Deep Darkness (the jungle/swamp place)...
Side note*
On the ROM version, there's a certain code that makes it that MORE enemies appear on-screen. There aren't so many enemies if you're playing it on a SNES.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Lies and obsfucations. I've played both, there's no difference.

And the Battle of Final Destiny is the name given unto the badass Giygas boss music.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I love battles from earthbound. I'm getting that rom to fight moar!

*searches for a rom although he has the game for the snes and a snes*

Levitas

the moon
lol, is that effect achievable through the code at the bottom, or is it just dependant on rom version? Sadly my save data died recently for my Rom.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Good job with Ness toasty. I know that Aho has a lot of Ness experience so that was a good job. Too bad you only used him once in tournament match... *cries*. Who else did you use?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Who else did you use?
Pikachu. But I'm not as confident in my Pika to play him consistently enough to use him at that level like I do Ness. It takes me a while to really be comfortable with Pika each time I play, unfortunately...especially against new people because I always forget that the majority of my Pika skills come from reading people and when going against seasoned players like Aho or ZM's Mario, I'm not quite familiar with what to do. Ness, for me, is usually more character matchup oriented and thus more straightforward. People tend to play the same way with certain characters against my Ness (maybe due to a lack of Nesses in the world and thus they revert to "old trusty" material?) and the same things I do for said characters usually work. That's definitely not the same for Pikachu since a lot more people use Pikachu or at least enough people have seen Chu's/Tope's Pikachu in pro tourneys to know what kind of shenanigans the rat can do.

x_X

Thanks though...I was pretty proud of it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So you used Pikachu even though you're Ness is better? Lolz. Btw, you are coming to Magfest and we r ditto'ing/ teaming. Double Ness/Pika teams ftw. Or a Ness Pika team, cuz pikachu's f-smash heals a lot of damage.

toasty

Smash Hero
no no, when I really get going, my Pika is my best. It takes way too long to really charge up my Fox skills, unfortunately...I mean it's like watching a season of DBZ for someone to charge up and ascend to just ONE level. I just wasn't prepared with Pika. I was surprised with how my Ness performed yesterday.
I haven't played in very many tournaments AT ALL and hardly at THIS level of play either :(

pressure got the best of me.

wait.

you can absorb Pika's fsmash?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE #%#%#@$@$!@#?!?!?!?!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
no no, when I really get going, my Pika is my best. It takes way too long to really charge up my Fox skills, unfortunately...I mean it's like watching a season of DBZ for someone to charge up and ascend to just ONE level. I just wasn't prepared with Pika. I was surprised with how my Ness performed yesterday.
I haven't played in very many tournaments AT ALL and hardly at THIS level of play either :(

pressure got the best of me.

wait.

you can absorb Pika's fsmash?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE #%#%#@$@$!@#?!?!?!?!
And his down-b and neutral-b. You can edgeguard with down-b and heal at the same time. It's pretty awesome.

Ness can also absorb Samus' fair and u-smash. I think they're the only non-b attacks that Ness can absorb (besides Corneria's guns). At least I think so...

I wish you could absorb the knee. That'd be awesome.

toasty

Smash Hero
I don't think I believe you Sage about absorbing pika's fsmash. unfortunately I don't have a setup to confirm it on =/

also, about my match against Aho's Fox:
Wow am I horrible at edgeguarding for the most part. I didn't do any of the things I usually would against a Fox. I guess I was trying silly/fancy/stupid things in case they worked...ugh@my lack of aerial edgeguarding. oh well...next time I guess.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
thesage looks really dumb right about now.

Quick! Watch Simna's new friendly before anyone notices!

toasty

Smash Hero
MORE TOASTY VS. PEACH!

This is a friendly Vs. the Peach that beat me in the Intercollegiate Crew Battle $MM immediately after the crew battle was finished. A couple moments of epic squandering(my first death D:), but the real treat is seeing how a Peach can TRULY gay your recovery.

So yeah: this is a VERY important thing to be aware of. Although I'll admit, Cow is the only Peach I've ever seen even TRY this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO3sEgeofnI

toasty

Smash Hero
hahahaha, so this wasn't meant to be a joke match at all, and there's some good stuff in there, but while watching my match with Caboose, Ether decides to randomly start commentating in an MLG-esque way [watch what happens to Falcon when Ether starts talking...note: Caboose = susceptible to funny]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ouGXq2--Bo

if anything, watch for the commentary. Caboose is an up-and-coming freshman smasher at my school, so don't bother saying "you need to play better people"

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No offence or anything toasty, but you used to DjC faster, at least from what I could you remeber from chu's. You were probably a better djc'er than me at the time, but now : / What happened?

I think it's cause you didn't watch this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfhKljGSLdo

yay for desynched sound.

(no it's not me, but I am beast at kirby's adventure. I can like beat the game in less than 5 hours)

toasty

Smash Hero
No offense taken. I mean...I can DJC quickly, a lot of times when I'm being recorded, it's nerves. But this wasn't a serious match to begin with. I've also realized that it isn't always about fast DJCs...against fastfallers, that's a different story of course. But sometimes I have a specific outcome in mind that doesn't involve super speedy DJCs. It gives me more options and helps with mindgames.

That said, were you just talking about the CFalcon match? or the ones Vs. Isra/Cow/Aho as well? Well a better question: where do you think I should have DJC'ed faster that would have yielded a better outcome than what I got [I'm well aware of upthrow combos I ****ed up due to nerves and lack of DJC]?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yeah I was talking overall. I'll find specific points eventually. I'll try to get back to ya on that. homework kills.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
It's hardly ever about fast DjCs. Even against fastfallers. I've nearly all but given up on my FastNess. I don't honestly see enough use for him. He's being locked in the closet, I'll take him out if he learns to behave.

EDIT: TOASTY! MY POST COUNT IS CATCHING UP!

TRIPLE EDIT: That video only strengthens my resolve in my insistence that he belongs nowhere near Brawl. Also, that Kirby player is horrible for taking even a single hit against that fat penguin. Not so much that he's bad at the game, but for posting a video where he takes a hit...that's sick. It's like you're trying to make that hammer toting pudgeball seem halfway decent.

Top Bottom