• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NERD RAGE (Project M) - August 17th, 2013 - Cincinnati, OH

Should we move the date?

• Yes, push it back to September.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, keep it where it is.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Doctor X: Please make Lylat Cruise legal. It's a better stage than both Pokemon Stadium 1 and Metal Cavern.
Actually, please ban those two as well. Pls pls

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Doctor X: Please make Lylat Cruise legal. It's a better stage than both Pokemon Stadium 1 and Metal Cavern.
Actually, please ban those two as well. Pls pls
I considered it, but I feel it's a bit late to change the stage list. Gentleman's clause is always there, though.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
So I know that people have asked how many are going, but I'm curious to know how many people have pre-registered?
Pre-registration currently sits at 17 people-- 15 for singles and doubles, 2 for singles only. Two of them will not be there but wish to leave their money in the pot for support.

There will certainly be more people than this, though. :)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Phew... Man, I've been having serious issues just getting work off for this, and that isn't entirely uplifting, especially since 1/5 of those come from my and my buddies.

Still, we're coming. Just, yeesh, I had really high hopes for this. Ah well, it looks like some big names are coming out to this, so that's still exciting.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
tbqh I think that number says less about our likely attendance and more about the community's general willingness to pre-register when they aren't required to. I mean, I always heard smashers were bad about that but I didn't think it would be *that* bad. :p

I don't want to give you the wrong impression, though, so I will say this-- this will not be an FC or an Apex. There will be very talented players from many different places, but we probably won't break 50 entrants. That being said, there will still be hype matches, awesome opportunities for meeting some of the more prominent figures in P:M, as well as pie. :)

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
I apologize if this has been asked, but any possibilities of a melee side event?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I apologize if this has been asked, but any possibilities of a melee side event?
We will be doing Melee CSP the second day.

Cactuar:
- All stages are legal except Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, and Hyrule Temple
- Both players get two bans
- Matches are best of 7

Stamina:
- Stamina Mode

Pancake:
- Players select a random character
- Each player gets one "flip" per game
- A flip is either rerandoming your own character, or forcing the opponent to rerandom, or you can pass
- Loser picks stage
- Winner flips first

Kinda silly but also a bit exciting if you think about it. Really tests your knowledge of Melee instead of just the top tier matchups.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Ok guys, I want to explore some options for streaming. Since we won't have VGBootcamp and Arcade Legacy would feel most comfortable if we were to use our own equipment, I'll be happy to pick up an XSplit license and a couple microphones. I do not, however, have much experience doing this and would certainly not mind having some assistance/input.

Or, if someone else wants to bring their own equipment and take charge, I'm fine with that as well. Honestly I want the best experience we can reasonably get for stream viewers, and if more experienced people feel more comfortable doing it their own way using their own stuff, I'm fine with that.

As for actual commentatary I'm happy to take volunteers. Certainly these will be shared positions since everyone who might do it is also going to be in the tournament, but... I at least would like to have it for top 8 and pie crews.

-

@Strong Bad: As for Lylat, I'll at least make it legal for doubles, since I've yet to post a doubles stage list (lazy dude here) and it seems like it would be a pretty great doubles stage.

Scythe

Smash Master
Just have a recording setup with commentary, no need to have it streamed. Don't think anyone who is going to this tourney is going to have the desire to run a stream themselves.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
I really wish I could come to this. I was living in Cincinnati the whole Summer, but just moved back home this past weekend for a few weeks. What makes it even worse is that I'll be moving to a place about 30 minutes from Cincinnati in early September. Curse you bad timing.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I really wish I could come to this. I was living in Cincinnati the whole Summer, but just moved back home this past weekend for a few weeks. What makes it even worse is that I'll be moving to a place about 30 minutes from Cincinnati in early September. Curse you bad timing.
Lol that sucks. You'll have to keep in touch with us, though. We'll be playing more smash after this of course.

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Lol that sucks. You'll have to keep in touch with us, though. We'll be playing more smash after this of course.

Yeah, if you ever have any events, tournament scale or not, I'd love to play with you. If I can make it to future tournaments, I can bring a setup for livestreaming, provided there's internet.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
If you know we have internet, the brothers I bring with me have a recording setup and can usually stream pretty easily. We're also bringing a couple setups. I think 3? Maybe more, depending on our carpool.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
So there will be a melee event sunday if so count me in would go to this from day one but have to work but if melee is confirmed for sunday can prolly def bring a carload from lou?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So there will be a melee event sunday if so count me in would go to this from day one but have to work but if melee is confirmed for sunday can prolly def bring a carload from lou?
Oh snap more Louisville people! Woot! I have a carload coming as well. Although I'm not sure we'll be there Sunday.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if vanz posted here cuz I'm too lazy to read through the thread, but him and I will be coming. Hopefully we are also bringing Mango and his girlfriend, but I don't yet if they can.

Can't wait to finally go to Project M event!!!

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
We'll be setting up a booth for Super Smash Flash 2 and we'll livestream if there is open WiFi. I also have a decent USB capture card if you want to stream Proj:M, DoctorX

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
So what time does this place open sunday? And will there be melee dubz me and luigigoshard will be bringing a setup prolly just to play some melee might enter random tourn but prolly not

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
What..the...

I don't even know what that is...but okay.
We will be doing Melee CSP the second day.

Cactuar:
- All stages are legal except Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, and Hyrule Temple
- Both players get two bans
- Matches are best of 7

Stamina:
- Stamina Mode

Pancake:
- Players select a random character
- Each player gets one "flip" per game
- A flip is either rerandoming your own character, or forcing the opponent to rerandom, or you can pass
- Loser picks stage
- Winner flips first

Kinda silly but also a bit exciting if you think about it. Really tests your knowledge of Melee instead of just the top tier matchups.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Who's comin from louisville?!?! I live there now and I need a ride otherwise imma bus it...I got dat gas $$$ YOUUU KNOOOOO

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing this out there, if people are interested in having a side regular melee tourney I would gladly run it. Late Saturday night, or Sunday and not let it interfere with PM. Just looking for a little extra practice and would be responsible for two FULL setups. Let me know something if there is any interest. Thanks!......and Dopey, we will be coming from Louisville if there could be a side melee event, we will also play PM.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
think I sprained my foot
this tournament is going to be painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom