• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Catfish Social Thread! *<3 KEV*

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Dave, sorry stuff didn't work out but change is very nearly always for the best. I'm sure you will find this to be true in this situation. You can crash with me whenever you need.

Jesse, I better see you this Summer.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
Alright, confession time.
I just learned how to stalk on smashboards. Fun stuff actually.
I. . .i need a favor from you guys.
I need a Peach player to stalk. . .

*scratches neck*

Edit: also, I have this problem.
I recently started playing smash with this one guy real heavy. He doesnt have a gamertag yet, but I guess we can call him brandon for now. Brandon used to play Doc. He still does, I guess. But now he plays falcon.

Dude isn't really all that good, but he went from no advanced tech good (where we all were at some point) to beating my first tourney DK in like a week. Dude could be really nice. . .and if I could train him to stand a chance at tourney, that's free rides for me to tournaments. . .which means you guys get to see and raep me. . .Win for everyone, yes?

So. . . I want to ask you guys what color I should force him to use when he plays. . .

(cause I realized the answer to my own question before I finished but I typed too much to just delete it. Shut up, chris. . .)

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I get an odd feeling anytime I see anyone using green falcon that isn't SS.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
brandon reams? i'm confused TJ...but i guess make him play black falcon? i like black falcon.
Why you confused?

No, its not brandon reams.
Its Brandon O Gorman. . he's a BMX biker (and dude runs about as fast as captain falcon too) and UNC student. He races with C. Applewhite if you remember her.

I run him through the gauntlet regularly and tell him that he can't use Black Falcon until he beats at least 25% of my characters.

Edit: Also, I'm a Peach Main. . .

What of it?

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
I can play Cam when I see him and I could have played joel if he would be serious about this smash business (he plays pokemon instead), Jason Yan recently brought his own controller, though. . .

I don't know what to make of that. . .actually.

But nah. . I DONT HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!!!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh, so the brandon kid you only see at the hill. i didn't realize that.

tj, while you're off, the best thing to do is visualize situations, and understand options and how to cover them and what not. but i'm sure you knew that already.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
Yeah. . . I'm thinking about the merits of using falling uairs.
And I think I finally worked out how to do Uair combos with Mario characters . . (its been about a year, I'm sooooo bad)

Looking for tourneys. . . It seems that every time there's one I might could get to, I have to go out of town. This weekend is no different, as we're going to VA for a family reunion. . .

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
tj learned: shffl.

falling uairs as peach? vs fast fallers? cause yeah, those things are mean.

my ganon does mean unexpected things with falling uairs.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
I knew how to Shffl, I was just have trouble putting out uairs while falling with mario. I always put out the second jump. and the trajectory that I needed to take during my rising uair to catch someone with a falling uair. . . egh.

Theres so much **** I want to try now! SOOOOOO frustrating!

I wanna see if I can clang ganons fair with a falling uair. . .

I've taken to juggling turnips with peach. . my most recent match had me throwing and catching two turnips (i only got 2 loops before I had to drop one and go for the fair)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh...yeah thats one thing i definitely need the C-stick for. do you not use it tj? cuz if so...yeah falling uairs would be...kinda hard...really hard...yeah if you do falling fastfalled uairs, you have pretty good techskill...

WAIT do you just mean like fullhop uair to falling uair combos? cuz those are kinda weird. usually any time i think uair combos i think shffl uairs across a stage into an fsmash or something.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
That's what I thought too!
I was trying to get two uairs per jump, so even when my tech skill was "perfect" (I was getting consecutive falling uairs witout c stick) I was ****ing up.
Then I started C sticking. . .Needless to say, that didnt work out except for against bowser (no one plays bowser at UNC . . I'm probably one of the few people that play him in NC. . but I digress)
So I was like. . OH. . SHFFL UAIRS! I got it.

So yeah. . just me being dumb.

I'm working on ideas for things. . .Like something I used to do often is uthrow into a platform then jump up with a rising dair. Some characters can get it before the person techs on the platform. I think it might work for characters like DK and Falcon (once in a while to throw them off.)

Of course. . .I can't actually work on it cause I have no CUBE. *Whoa is me*

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i do that with fox a lot. uair is generally a better option, but i just like resetting my opponents. drill resets seem cool to me. i wish i could find a cool consistent way to uair reset with ganon. just imagine a dthrow uair reset chain lol. problem is, i have to wait the 7 frames to jump, and then the 16 frames to actually get the reset hitbox out. most people aren't just gonna let a jumping ganon reset them. le sigh...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i feel like aerials vs aerials will trade at best. i don't think they clink. an aerial and a ground can clink, and two groundeds can clink, but i think two aerials will trade. i used to know how that worked, but i forget now. either a trade, or one is better spaced and will win. and ganon doesn't lose trades unless he's at kill percent.

Top Bottom