• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Namco Character discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I never understood how pacman was ever not an option to people?
This was always the best option for namco. And the best version of him. And the best fitting, even moreso than klonoa.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I never understood how pacman was ever not an option to people?
This was always the best option for namco. And the best version of him. And the best fitting, even moreso than klonoa.
They were biased against Pac-Man because they wanted Namco characters they actually saw fighting before. They never saw Pac-Man fighting before so they were against him. They saw Tales characters (especially Lloyd), Tekken characters, Soul Calibur characters, Klonoa, and KOS-MOS fighting before so they wanted those characters in Smash over Pac-Man. Of course the Ghostly Adventures redesign didn't help...

It is interesting that Pac-Man in Smash does not have a moveset based off Pac-Man World games nor Ghostly Adventures games... Pac-Man in Smash is based on Namco Museum games. I suppose that makes sense since they are some of Namco's best games even though they are over 30 years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom