• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Wavebounce & B-Reverse Tutorial

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
My Smash Corner has been covered many times on Smashboards for its excellent video tutorials related to Smash 4. This video covers how to Wavebouce and B-Reverse with varying control schemes and discusses the applications of both techniques.

If you want to see more excellent videos from My Smash Corner be sure to check out their videos such as such as Diddy Kong Tricks, Dealing With Projectiles, Luigi Downthrow Combos, and Pikachu's Infinite Combo. Hopefully this will help players implement these important and useful bits of tech into their game.

SmashCapps is always looking for videos to help teach players techniques. Follow him on Twitter to suggest videos and discuss anything else Smash related.

Last edited:

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
I wonder how My Smash Corner always manages to find these techniques in Smash 4.

Maister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkinnyCentaur
That exciting moment when you see that my smash corner made a new video.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Oh look another practically useless tactic that nintendrones will bring up when claiming that smash 4 is as fast as Melee...

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Oh look another practically useless tactic that nintendrones will bring up when claiming that smash 4 is as fast as Melee...
These are not useless and the Smash 4 community doesn't really care about being as fast as Melee as that is not important.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Ooooooo name calling. Very mature. Why is it that some people (like you) insist on waging a virtual war between Melee and Sm4sh? Why is either game "better" than the other?

It's like arguing that people who play Legend of Zelda are better than those who play Fire Emblem. Stop it. It's wierd and pointless. Enjoy your game and let the other be. That's for both sides of this childish nonsense. Or you could be special like me and play both horribly :3.

Anyway, I appreciate these videos since they can be helpful to newer competitive players like myself but the techniques seem like they are very situational :/. I'm all for learning nifty tricks but in the heat of a match will these even be helpful?

I've watched quite a few competitive matches and i've never seen them use these tricks. The only time i've seen them used is in Cap. Falcon or Ganondorf disrespect videos against Mario (Which is always hilarious but that's not my point.).

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Oh, look, another Melee fanboy who likes to trash on other people's tastes. Melee is faster? Yup. More competitive? Yup. Better than Smash 4? I would say as great as Smash 4, with many pros, and cons like Smash 4. I love when some of you guys trash it like it's slower than Brawl!

"This video covers how to Wavebound (...)" A little typo.
That's a great technique! It seems to be that many techs now are more timing strict.
Edit: Oh, I just remembered that this also was on Brawl.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
̟W͈ͣ̔A͇̦̖̦̅V̞̝̙̙̝̮E̙̩̠ͬ̋͛̽B̗͎̼͈̲̐O̞̓U̯ͪͦ̋ͣÑ̥̫͍͚͇̈́̄̃̚D̰̞̹̎͑ͭͧͤͧ̔

L1GHT

Adventures start At Dawn
this is in every game, lmao
smash 4 y u no have no real techs
perfect pivot :happysheep:

all smash games are the same speed technically. but falling speed and attack speed is always different.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
People use this in PM and Melee as well....but with Brawl airdodge it is far more useful.

Might want to do your research before you make claims like this.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Figured it would be worth putting here, alongside the youtube video itself:

There's another way to execute a neutral B wavebounce. It involves setting the c-stick to "attack" and binding some non-right-thumb button to "special."

Let's say you are jumping and moving to the right. Continue holding the control stick right. At a time of your choosing, hammer the c-stick left and your "special" button on the same frame (or within a few frames?). If done right, you'll wave bounce left.

This is my preferred method to wavebounce. Your milage may vary! I also do not know how this works with other special directions. It could work? But I have never put the time into learning if it does.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Wavebouncing is super helpful for crossups when I play Ike. It always throws people for a loop when I charge a forward facing quickdraw while retreating from them.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
this is in every game, lmao
smash 4 y u no have no real techs
Smash 4 has plenty of techs and Smash Central is just explaining techs to the majority of people who play Smash 4 which comprises of mostly new players to the Smash Scene. This video wasn't meant to teach any new ATs just the two useful ones that newbies will not know of or can't properly execute them.

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Smash 4 really doesn't have many advanced techniques. What are they:
  • Perfect pivot
  • Wavebounce
...thats really it. Yeah there's stuff like ledge cancelling and jump canceling, and b reversing, and DI, and jab canceling, but those are hardly advanced.

I fail to understand why that is a bad thing though. Smash 4 isn't techically challenging compared to most other fighters. What Smash does have that other games don't is a huge selection of matchups. The meta will also continue to evolve.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Smash 4 really doesn't have many advanced techniques. What are they:
  • Perfect pivot
  • Wavebounce
...thats really it. Yeah there's stuff like ledge cancelling and jump canceling, and b reversing, and DI, and jab canceling, but those are hardly advanced.

I fail to understand why that is a bad thing though. Smash 4 isn't techically challenging compared to most other fighters. What Smash does have that other games don't is a huge selection of matchups. The meta will also continue to evolve.
Try maining Mega Man, then tell me this game isn't technically advanced as hell.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I'm gonna be real with ya'll here. Wave bouncing is actually a bigger deal than you think, and there are special things you can do with "it" with certain characters that truly make it an advanced move that is so much more important than perfect pivoting (obviously I'm not revealing what that is ATM). what makes smash 4 interesting is that there are a plethora of options on the table when considering how to hit your opponent, much more than in any other smash game due to the ledge mechanics especially. Figuring out what those options are actually makes wavebouncing an especially important maneuver, especially for some of those lower tier characters. Kirbykid will eventually release a video detailing what I'm vaguely describing, but probably not until after or just before EVO.

Oracle (of Texas) said in a stream that dash dancing and perfect pivoting were the future. I responded that dash dancing and wavebouncing are actually the future, and many of you will understand soon enough.

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
i believe b-reversing (which allows for wavebouncing) is only in brawl, PM and smash4. Im fairly certain that it wasnt in melee for those who said that its been around since then.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Cool, another tutorial. I already got this down well enough though.

Wish they'd do something on DI though. How to survive longer at various angles, how to escape combos, how to optimally SDI out of attacks, and so on. DI in Smash 4 is just funky... Need a way to easily explain to my friends.

Or a video on Pit's combos would be nice. :bee:

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Based Smash Corner.
At this rate the only aspects of the game they'd have left to cover in the near future is shielding and jumping, lmao.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Wait.... with the B-Reversing... does that mean we can perform....

360 Falcon/Warlock Punches? :troll:

KCB: Cloth

Killer Combro
Useless tactic? As a Link main I heavily rely on these tech's. When I play Sheik also.

Further more, please..stop..compairing..different..games.

Top Bottom