• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well I've heard a lot of good things about the production values/animation, so if that's the case I want to do that justice.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well I've heard a lot of good things about the production values/animation, so if that's the case I want to do that justice.
Ah ok, go for it then and tell us what you think.

Also, Gates, I like Spike too. But since he does get less coverage than the mane 6, and even background ponies sometimes lol, we don't talk about him much.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Okay so about 30 minutes to go, one last question...

Is it as good as PPG?

Because PPG is one of my favourite shows of all time and is mega bad*** (thanks to Buttercup) so I wanna know how you guys would rank it against MLP.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Okay so about 30 minutes to go, one last question...

Is it as good as PPG?

Because PPG is one of my favourite shows of all time and is mega bad*** (thanks to Buttercup) so I wanna know how you guys would rank it against MLP.
I personally prefer PPG over MLP:FIM. MLP is still definitely worth watching; especially considering a lot of the people behind PPG are behind MLP:FiM.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'd say it's close to PPG, but it's way on a different track
Due to the lack of returning antagonists, let alone there being villains and prolonged fighting, let alone having consistent fighting fights, it's hard to completely compare the two.

Personalities, childish-situational comedy, overall comical interactions between characters are a throwback to what PPG (and FHfIF) had, except with a bit more geared towards teaching (social) values rather than being more subtle about it in the other two.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It does have antagonists, just none of them recurring.

Nightmare Moon
Gilda
Trixie
Diamond Dogs
Discord
etc
etc

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I actually like FiM better, but I still watch PPG whenever I see reruns of it on TV.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Honestly I think I made the decision to watch it a while back, when I was told by a certain someone I absolutely wouldn't enjoy it, this certain someone being a fan of the show.

I also hate people assuming what I would/wouldn't like >:/

Also what's also funny is how shocked everyone is, considering I'm gay and basically get a free pass on watching it without getting judged anyway LOL

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
I'm a bit weird about it, but I separate antagonists and villains. Yeah there are enough antagonists, but the only villains (that take over Equestria / cause panic and such in the long run) are NM and Discord. Someone to combat directly.

Rest were kinda resolved through social means or manipulation of sorts.
But that's just the way I see, so I'm most likely can be proven wrong.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh. I didn't see the italics cause I read it first in a quote.

Even if Teran doesn't like it, it's still pretty cool that he at least tried it.

I mean.

The show is being graced by Teran's gaze.

What an honor.
super mariomeatrider bros

Honestly I think I made the decision to watch it a while back, when I was told by a certain someone I absolutely wouldn't enjoy it, this certain someone being a fan of the show.

I also hate people assuming what I would/wouldn't like >:/

Also what's also funny is how shocked everyone is, considering I'm gay and basically get a free pass on watching it without getting judged anyway LOL
as said earlier, its probably as good-if not better-as PPG. however its a completely different genre. this being obviously intended for female adiences while PPG being thoroughly unigender in what it shows

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm telling you straight up that you will not like it. I don't care what you say, you're gonna be all "the **** is this ****?"

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Saw it in the link in the blog thread. Much more legit than our intro, as far as the setup goes. I'd like to know the lyrics translated though. That'd make the world of difference between approval and disappony.
:applejack:
In a splendid world
Full of colors and magic
Ponies live in peace and harmony
They make the sun shine
And make plants grow
Something about happiness/ lifting your spirits if you meet them (the mane 6)

Take flight and go!
My Little Pony!
If you'd like to find new friends
Take flight
Listen to your heart
and you'll have all kinds of adventures (?)
Take flight and go!
My Little Pony!
Make your dreams
And dont stop
And dont stop
And dont stop
And doooooooooooooooooooooooont Stooooop~
I've neglected my Italian a bit so it isn't dabess (focusing on believing I'm thinking of mastering Japanese atm) but I'm sure I got it. If not Profesore Ephy can always yell and hand gesture knowledge at me through teh monitor while I nap under my cactus.

john!

Smash Hero
I've neglected my Italian a bit so it isn't dabess (focusing on believing I'm thinking of mastering Japanese atm) but I'm sure I got it. If not Profesore Ephy can always yell and hand gesture knowledge at me through teh monitor while I nap under my cactus.
"Take flight and go!"*

*but only if you're part of the pegasus master race

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Or having powerful unicorn powers, enough to levitate another
Such as Twilight having the capacity to levitate Spike and Tom the Rock in S2E02.
Swirling them around like it was flight

Earth ponies can jump off platforms too like Applejack's platform leap in Applebuck Season and let's not forget Pinkie's flying contraption in Griffin the Brush-off

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zajice, mad is telling him so he'd be obliged to like it because of his habits.

Also, it feels kinda like PPGs to me. The only problem is that whereas PPG usually resolved their issues with fighting, MLP resolves their issues nonviolently (sans some scenarios like Over a Barrel, though the compromise itself was nonviolent). I guess I'm saying that the feel of the universe is pretty similar.

Not sure what quality I have of MLP, but it feels like some mega HD crap anyways.

Italian intro is now more legit because of the lyrics.

@Teran: People are shocked that you decided to watch MLP? :applejack:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I feel like Rarity.

Except I'm not having the problem of too MANY things to make, I'm just having problems with the fact that this computer can't even run GIMP to edit images.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Needs more Granny Smith and gay serpent.

HIS MOUSTACHE

HIS MOUSTACHE

Ok ep 5

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I sketched this at work cause there was nothing better to do ^.^
and finished it today at home with ink and shading
I hate my poor cam
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/pict2215r.jpg/
these pony eyes are killing me they have to be perfect round and I hate it maybe I should just practice a bit drawing a freehand circle.

fluttershy is sooo super cute
just saying
not sure if this awesome vid was posted before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxoGmVjAsmE
it made my day
fluttershys everywhere <3
Welcome. Those drawings were good and I thought the eyes were fine.
With you, Beros, and Zajice (around 10pm weird time) making drawings here and there I should step it up.
Although I do plan on drawing something tonight or tomorrow night.

So like, I'm officially legally acquiring the first season of MLP so I can make my judgment on it once and for all.

Oh God what am I doing...
I honestly was gonna tell you to watch it for Straked's sake till I saw your later posts.
Despite that I still say to watch it for his sake to see if his assumption is correct or wrong.

Whether in the end you love, hate, or are in-between I still appreciate the time you took to watch all of Season 1.

On a last note I was guessing at first that it was either john or straked that claimed that you wouldn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom