• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger- M2K Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Strong bad + Mew2King ... Least foreseen team ever.

Memory refresh: M2K has been to Kansas once before. He teamed with Cactuar at Event 52. It was my college game club's most successful event. Shoutouts got spammed with Scar losing to Aarosmashguy. Fun times.

dmac

Smash Champion
people dont remember that colbol was | | <- that close to losing to aarosmashguy(who owns). if colbol did lose scar wouldn't have gotten any **** :|

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Guys I will be here for a little over a week

if anyone is willing to donate 100 or a few hundred for me to train them for a few days I will gladly do that. I am trying to raise back some of the money I lost from P5/winterfest/SNES/activegamers and many other big TOs that owe me thousands of dollars. I will not be playing as much smash after this year. Let me know. I'll be available both before and then a lot after this tournament is over most likely

send me a PM if ur interested at all

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
$100 a day? To play Smash bros with Mew2King? That's pretty funny. I better get handjobs from those tech skilled hands any time I want throughout the day too. If you need dough so much, why don't you just get a job like everyone else? It's not that hard.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Every time Jason posts about it, someone makes that exact same post, Euclid. Sans the handjob part.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
$100 divided by 16 hours (assuming the average of sleep is 8 hours) is about 6 dollars an hour. You're actually getting a steal and M2K is actually getting ripped off by working for under minimum wage.

Teachers of other non-life skills that aren't the best in the world at said non-life skill charge a far higher rate.

TLDR - M2K charge more :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah honestly Jason I think you'd do better if it was an hourly thing. Many people can't commit A) the time of 1 full day and B) the money of 1 full day, regardless of how cheap it actually is, hourly. $7 or even $8 an hour without having to commit to a full day will get you both a better rate and more people willing to do it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm gonna pay MegaRobMan to get me better at Mega Man
No, you don't have to do that, I'll do it for free.

Yeah honestly Jason I think you'd do better if it was an hourly thing. Many people can't commit A) the time of 1 full day and B) the money of 1 full day, regardless of how cheap it actually is, hourly. $7 or even $8 an hour without having to commit to a full day will get you both a better rate and more people willing to do it.
He has to do it by the day because of traveling expenses and stuff like that. It's not like he can do it by the hour in Wichita and then 1 hour in Manhatten and then another one in Lincoln, NE...that's silly.

DeLux

Just don't generate too much hype guys.

My venue can only hold 120ish and we don't have enough housing to house everyone if they come out of State.

Let's keep this **** on the DL guys ;)

THuGz

Smash Lord
Lol Lux, **** restrictions. You have enough time to figure out how to split the venue or the dates, hype is always a good thing. And then more people could be fed (^____^)

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
There is a slim possibility of me being able to house 40 people again. It's going to be cramped and my Mom is the ****, but I can't guarantee anything. If need be, put me down for 20 to be housed minimum. Maximum being 50.

Radium88

Smash Lord
LOl *sigh* Hylian and I will probably come to this. There I've said it on the thread. Probably other MO too.

We need housing please

Tomacawk

Smash Master
LOl *sigh* Hylian and I will probably come to this. There I've said it on the thread. Probably other MO too.

We need housing please
could I perhaps get a ride with you?
I was going to megabus dat ***, but a carpool would be desirable

ORLY

Smash Master
i've heard nothing but good things from the E52 tournaments

hmmmm kansas

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Wait, this is actually a battle to End Hunger. I love the idea (A+), but the name isn't as funny as it once was.

DeLux

whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes,
it was funny before?

Dang it Rob

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I have done this before. It is brutal.
Ninja Gaiden is harder though.
This. Beating Jaquio is sucks with no power ups.

And Mega Man 2 is easier than every other mega man game imo, even on difficult, so long as you have a competent rout and don't do crash man first.
And don't select glitch on MM1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom