• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Resetti

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Man, theyre gunna have more assist trophys that work against you than ones that help you... Thats useful... I think theyre slowly just ruining the game by adding more and more things that even the playing level between 5 year olds and tournament winners.
Oh shush, the tournament players turn off all items including likely Assist Trophies and Smash Balls, everything else has at least had some consideration for the tournament scene. If it's revealed that you can't turn items off, then you can complain.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Yes send him back where he came.
Does anyone find those two kids on the backround extremely scary?
There's three of them in the background ;) One's hiding behind Dr.Shrunk.

...Y'know, this could be intensely amusing depending on how many different speeches he has. Imagine a speech specific to a Metroid level.

"Oh sure, you just bound around here in space, completely taking the alien environment for granted. Not me, I'd be wearing a space helmet, like you should be. Mario, I'm looking at you, I know you own one. And who in their right mind uses explosives on ancient structures to explore?! And what's the idea of having all of your technology be activated by weapons fire? Isn't that a little dangeorus in space?"

Or the Fire Emblem level.

"What the hey?! What do you think you're doing?! Now I'm not one to tell other people their business, really, but there's already kind of a war going on here and you're fighting in the middle of it... I think you're annoying the soldiers that are trying to get their work done with all your senseless fighting. Maybe you should sit back and not do anything and let them finish sacking the castle or defending it. I don't take sides. I just like to see things get done. What, are you snickering? Do you think this is some kind of game?!"

Or on a Pikmin level.

"I can't stand you people, look at this garbage! It's humongous! You should learn to throw your cups out instead of tossing them on the ground! Look at that soda can! It's the size of a trailer park!!! If I had the necessary frames of animation to pop out of this here hole and do something about that, you'd better believe I would! You think throwing ******* at bugs makes you tough? HAH! I eat bugs like that for breakfast, and I like it..."

Or on a Mario level.

"Yo, Mario. You know, I don't know what you're doing calling yourself a plumber and all, but I've got a toilet that's been backed up for the past three weeks solid and I keep calling and calling, but what do I get? Your plumber is currently in another castle, please leave your number. Hey, Mr.Overalls, why don't you knock off the fighting for a minute and unclog some pipes, or else quit calling yourself a plumber. Seriously, I'm dyin' here, do you know how much we moles need to use the bathroom?!"

...The concept makes me very happy.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
"Yo, Mario. You know, I don't know what you're doing calling yourself a plumber and all, but I've got a toilet that's been backed up for the past three weeks solid and I keep calling and calling, but what do I get? Your plumber is currently in another castle, please leave your number.
Hahaha XD, lol.

-Knight

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, aside from the potential sleep being too close to Resetti could result in, and also the zooming in towards him, this looks like it could be just a really amusing Goldeen of Assist Trophies, as many people have said,

I don't have any problems with this though, this is as perfect as you could get for Resetti besides him being playable... totally worth staying up for this update, anyway! :p

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
It appears to me that the screen may become fixed to whereever he come out. And zooms in and out on that position.

As far as Mr. Resetti, putting you to sleep seems like a grand possibility, I prefer to think that they had Jigglypuff jump over between Pikachu and Kirby, then do a more powerful sing, then jump away and then they took the screenshot. :D This of course avoids the confirmation of Jigglypuff too soon.

Conker1

Smash Ace
I said from the day Smashville was shown that there would be no AC character. I would've like Nook, but he was instantly deconfirmed. Now with Resetti's deconfirm, it looks like we won't be getting any. I think AC makes a better stage than character anyway.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
I said from the day Smashville was shown that there would be no AC character. I would've like Nook, but he was instantly deconfirmed. Now with Resetti's deconfirm, it looks like we won't be getting any. I think AC makes a better stage than character anyway.
Bah to your statements, bah I say.

There's going to be an Animal Crossing fighter character. No idea who, though. Heck, it might still be Nook for all we know. And no, he wasn't deconfirmed in any way.

So far the only one really deconfirmed as a playable character is Mr.Resetti.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
i hope i can beat the crap out of him, like i have always wanted to in Animal Crossing, for the GC and DS.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
There's three of them in the background ;) One's hiding behind Dr.Shrunk.

...Y'know, this could be intensely amusing depending on how many different speeches he has. Imagine a speech specific to a Metroid level.

"Oh sure, you just bound around here in space, completely taking the alien environment for granted. Not me, I'd be wearing a space helmet, like you should be. Mario, I'm looking at you, I know you own one. And who in their right mind uses explosives on ancient structures to explore?! And what's the idea of having all of your technology be activated by weapons fire? Isn't that a little dangeorus in space?"

Or the Fire Emblem level.

"What the hey?! What do you think you're doing?! Now I'm not one to tell other people their business, really, but there's already kind of a war going on here and you're fighting in the middle of it... I think you're annoying the soldiers that are trying to get their work done with all your senseless fighting. Maybe you should sit back and not do anything and let them finish sacking the castle or defending it. I don't take sides. I just like to see things get done. What, are you snickering? Do you think this is some kind of game?!"

Or on a Pikmin level.

"I can't stand you people, look at this garbage! It's humongous! You should learn to throw your cups out instead of tossing them on the ground! Look at that soda can! It's the size of a trailer park!!! If I had the necessary frames of animation to pop out of this here hole and do something about that, you'd better believe I would! You think throwing ******* at bugs makes you tough? HAH! I eat bugs like that for breakfast, and I like it..."

Or on a Mario level.

"Yo, Mario. You know, I don't know what you're doing calling yourself a plumber and all, but I've got a toilet that's been backed up for the past three weeks solid and I keep calling and calling, but what do I get? Your plumber is currently in another castle, please leave your number. Hey, Mr.Overalls, why don't you knock off the fighting for a minute and unclog some pipes, or else quit calling yourself a plumber. Seriously, I'm dyin' here, do you know how much we moles need to use the bathroom?!"

...The concept makes me very happy.

I couldn't stop laughing at those, they're great. I like the idea of him saying different things depending on his location, I wonder what he would say in Wario Ware or Rumble Falls (being left behind as the stage scrolls past him). ;)

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't stop laughing at those, they're great. I like the idea of him saying different things depending on his location, I wonder what he would say in Wario Ware or Rumble Falls (being left behind as the stage scrolls past him). ;)
"HEY! What, whoa!?! OH SURE! Act like I'm not here just because the screen scrolled past! Too bad for you the Wii can handle off-screen actions and collisions...

...it's dark down here when the screen goes away...

...hello?

...I know you're still up there! I can hear you, I think..."

I also like him just pointing out flaws in certain characters sometime.

"So Snake, you're doing a great job of sneaking around stealthily what with all the grenades and rockets and all that. Yeah. I'm about a mile underground and I can hear that racket..."

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Mr.Resetti just rambling on in his squeeky voice? Love the concept!

Algus, your ideas for some of his sayings are awsome, and I really hope that what hes going to say in the game is just as funny. xD

Now, all we need is Pheonix Write for an assist, and I will be one serious happy chappy.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I'll say it again, this is more like an April Fools joke. It's not as annoying as a Nintendog would be, so whats the point? It's a completely pointless addition that really could have been put to better use. (Perhaps actually put people to sleep?)

Also, if there is an Animal Crossing character, I will shoot someone.
Do you want me to ready your ammo, sir?

I can't wait to get Resetti as an Assist Trophy just to hear what he has to say.. XD

I thought this update was great, really. I'm expecting the human to be the AC character though. Axes, anyone? I want that to be their B move so Kirby can have an axe.. XD But it'd probably be a forward B move.

I'm expecting the up B move to be the fishing pole. ^_^

D

Deleted member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:cry:

I'll listen to his lectures with pride!

((If Mr. Resetti isn't a playable character, then who the f*** is?! Who else is there?!))
I feel for you dude. I always liked that *******, even if he exploded with rage sometimes.

Lets hope our other hopes don't go like that, eh Matt?

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I thought this update was great, really. I'm expecting the human to be the AC character though. Axes, anyone? I want that to be their B move so Kirby can have an axe.. XD But it'd probably be a forward B move.

I'm expecting the up B move to be the fishing pole. ^_^
Animal crossing kid for Brawl I say. He has so much tools from the game that could easily make up a really unique moveset. I can even see him slapping someone with his catch of the day. xD

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I agree with EdwardGordon. Does anybody else think that the last picture could be hinting at Jigglypuff?

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Ever heard of comedic effects? Like, how it seemed like Yoshi rode Donkey Kong's back? They're all staged. Even Mario scaring the crap out of Snake coming out of the box may be staged. As a matter of fact, a lot of these funny images are staged. It will be no surprise this picture was too.
and how do you know that you work for nintendo?you dont know noting

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I thought the update with Mr. Resenetti was kind of funny with how Sakurai describes his dialogue in the update. At least he's better than the stickers update.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
and how do you know that you work for nintendo?you dont know noting
Yeah, how DO you know if you work for Nintendo? That stuff just SNEAKS UP ON YOU...

in all seriousness, he's incredibly right. These are completely staged pictures. Take a look at some of the melee victory pictures at the end of Adventure and whatnot, you'll see some strange looking things that were created with comedy in mind. How about in the Melee movie where the players were fighting lots of Goombas in a VS Stage. That wasn't in the game! Sakurai has a sense of humor, and you'll soon understand this.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, I was thinking, since in most of the screen shots he decides to talk about Assist Trophies... maybe he gives you "tips" in the form of long drawn out lectures. It would get kinda boring if all he did was talk about Assist Trophies and how pissed he is for not being playable :laugh: ... maybe he could even give vague hints on how to unlock some things ;)

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with EdwardGordon. Does anybody else think that the last picture could be hinting at Jigglypuff?
Well, it could be that Mr. Resetti puts you to sleep, but the fact that they kept the "sleep" status effect makes me think of JP

Not proof at all, but it gives me reasonable hope.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I CALL SHENANIGANS ON YOU.

Devil has a deathgrip on that title.

Hey, what's wrong with that guy? His effect on the battle is undeniably unique and creative. I'm all for stuff like that in Brawl. If you have 100 pokémons/ATs that all do the same thing it starts to get old. I love ATs like Devil and Mr Resetti. We need even more like them.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Devil will probably be my favorite assist trophy while playing with my friends, mainly because he's going to make the game even MORE hectic than it already is.

Top Bottom