• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, glad he's back along with R.O.B.. Only wish ICies could be in there too (high hopes for IC DLC). I don't see many changes to G&W other than some increased range along with a whole bunch of new animations. Glad to see him anyways. Looking forward to maining him again, as with R.O.B..

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, glad he's back along with R.O.B.. Only wish ICies could be in there too (high hopes for IC DLC). I don't see many changes to G&W other than some increased range along with a whole bunch of new animations. Glad to see him anyways. Looking forward to maining him again, as with R.O.B..

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I like him, but his new look is ridiculous. I'll still play as him, though, albeit probably not as much as in Brawl/PM/Melee.

That said, though, he'll probably grow on me. He may not look anything like the Fire G/W we know, but he does at least still look like Helmet G/W.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Anyone get his customs?
Chef's first custom sends food at a much lower angle.
Chef's second custom sends huge pieces of food.
Fire's first custom has him going twice as high (and fast?), but with no hitbox or parachute.
Don't know Fire's second custom, but am assuming it sends him lower than usual, but with a more powerful hitbox and a parachute.
Judge's first custom has him either getting a 1 or a 9. The 1 cause 5% recoil instead of 12%. The 9 is somewhat weaker.
Judge's second custom has the hammer hit the opponent (x) times, where (x) is the number G&W gets. The 9 is apparently weaker.
Oil Panic's first custom lets him collect and release a single unit of oil instead of 3.
Oil Panic's second custom is supposedly the same as the regular, but with a bigger oil spill.

@ Bedoop Bedoop 's custom moves were very close to being correct (in terms of the general idea, at least).

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Last time game and watch was made by compressing a model. You think maybe they actually drew him in this time?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Last time game and watch was made by compressing a model. You think maybe they actually drew him in this time?
Probably not. It's a whole lot more easier and safer to use a 3D character model instead of a 2D one.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thanks for the renders guys. Now off to make my own avatar using both pictures!

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So apparently G&W has lost a lot of kill power, Is this true?

This makes me sad

_hunt

Smash Rookie
Yeah he sucks now, ill be making a video for him and peach and probably some other characters

My capture card came in finally!
I've read your extensive comments on G&W and I thought you said he was decent? Have you really changed your mind and think he sucks now?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah. I'll make an overview tonight.

There's still a chance he can hang and that's once the edge guarding meta develops more for this game.

He has a hard time killing in this game as well BUT they also made him weaker so it feels even worse.

Sorry to say it pains me too.

They don't have a problem with letting bowsers Bair kill at like 60, but they won't give us our smashes back, it feels really unfair as they are both power characters but we don't have the weight.

shapular

Smash Ace
Yeah. I'll make an overview tonight.

There's still a chance he can hang and that's once the edge guarding meta develops more for this game.

He has a hard time killing in this game as well BUT they also made him weaker so it feels even worse.

Sorry to say it pains me too.

They don't have a problem with letting bowsers Bair kill at like 60, but they won't give us our smashes back, it feels really unfair as they are both power characters but we don't have the weight.
Surely he's got to at least be better than in Melee, right? Right?!?!?!

Either way, I guess it's a good thing I wasn't planning to main him this time.

FrameImperfect

Smash Cadet
NNID
3x3=?
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
From what I've been seeing, Franklin has more reach, perhaps its because of anti-edge guarding, and Credit Card deals more knockback at its edges.

Don't worry shapular, G&W still better than he was in Melee because no L-cancel.

Last edited:

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Last edited:

_hunt

Smash Rookie
In depth character introduction getting uploaded tomorrow

In the meantime i uploaded some friendlies
He doesn't look that much weaker, tbh. Sure his dair and his dtilt are really nerfed, but I think the longer smash allies are making him seem weaker. I think all characters are suffering from higher % kills.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Killing with other characters is significantly easier and it's very apparent when you play them. The only move GW can really reliably land is dash attack (Which is why it's my main punish)

His problem with actually LANDING his moves from Brawl is still apparent. You need hard reads to land them (Which is why I actually managed to kill this player most of the time)

In Brawl what offset that was the fact that he KOd at very ridiculous percents. In this game he still can't land those moves but in addition, he's weaker and his hitboxes are smaller. It's a definite nerf because he pretty much plays the same but isn't as good plain and simple. He still has the same issues (and some worse ones like no slowfall key, while greninja's dair bounces off your shield over and over again)

Greninja is pretty busted, that character seems flawless right now, he's super fast, has a ridiculous mix up game and just has way too much KO power for his own good. It's early though, I'm hoping I just don't know how to fight him. But yeah this isn't about greninja, this is about Gdubs.

Also, I've also mentioned that it's possible that it's possible KOing is so hard because we don't know how to edgeguard well yet. He could be the edge guarding king in this game. I get better edgeguards with him than any of my other characters.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
If Greninja turns out to be broken, this suits me fine. It's who I was planning to main (and who I thought looked strong on paper) before GnW was revealed to be in again.

Another thing worth mentioning is since he no longer has bucket breaking, his survival rate when getting hit sideways won't have been changed much even though everyone else is living much longer than in Brawl. At least he'll live longer when he gets hit upwards.

At this point the glass cannon aspect of GnW appears totally less potent, so here's hoping for some set-ups and new applications of moves that weren't possible/viable in Brawl to have good pay-offs. Maybe with a strong edgeguard game he could have some good MU's against the best characters in the game (I can see GnW possibly beating Villager who could possibly be S Tier) ?
It's wishful thinking but time will tell.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Villager isn't that good. He's not bad but he's a doubles character. He also has a hard time with people in his space.

Pretty average in singles, he's very gimmicky but his gimmicks are great.

But yeah aside from GW, I think I figured out my safety net character ^_^

Right now I main Rosalina, and second Peach and GW, but I may still use Metaknight. I tried him for the first time last night and he's still pretty good. Fun character. I always forget the Up-B doesn't glide anymore though, that messes me up.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=130947050

There you guys go, Custom Moves. Multi Judgement looks sick. Same for the All or nothing hammer.

@ shapular shapular yup it does and i do it in my video coming up

I'm happy to say that i've finally finished the GW In depth video. Sorry for the wait, im really slow at getting these vids up right now, but im trying to get faster.

it's rendering right now, it'll take over an hour to do that, then i'm gonna be uploading it check my youtube page in a few hours

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMNi1nkIpqkfvHOeLlAmLdA/videos

I'm happy with the way this and the peach video came out

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

There you guys go, Custom Moves. Multi Judgement looks sick. Same for the All or nothing hammer.

I'm happy to say that i've finally finished the GW In depth video. Sorry for the wait, im really slow at getting these vids up right now, but im trying to get faster.

it's rendering right now, it'll take over an hour to do that, then i'm gonna be uploading it check my youtube page in a few hours

So he has a Melee-esque Up B now as a Custom.
Nifty.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

I really don't see his Up Special Custom 2 being effective at all. Otherwise I'm enjoying the new G&W, even if he is slightly nerfed. I can't play the game till it comes out on Wii U, so I guess I'll wait till then to see if he remains one of my mains.

Top Bottom