• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

D

Deleted member

Luigi is the only secret character Sakurai will confirm on the site except the newcomers and third party characters.

The newest video hopefully has confirmed it, but we'll only truly see for sure when the Japanese get it in September.

I'm not worried though. If he made it past Melee, he'll make it past Brawl.

TheBuddyAdrian

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebuddyadrian
Incredibly strong, good speed, great recovery, awesome momentum cancelling, yes, but then one realizes that he's one of the lightest chars in the game and a lot of his moves are quite laggy.
His moves aren't laggy they are slow like in the game and watch games.

TheBuddyAdrian

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebuddyadrian
He is my favorite character in brawl because i like how he uses objects. Mr. Game and Watch should be back but it's okay if he doesn't because the character i WISH was in brawl is now in ssb4: Mii Fighters. If he does come back here is the final smash he should have- Guilty: a powered up judge hammer that says "10" on it.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I bet he will be back as a secret character again. Maybe Sakurai showing him in the Pac-Man reveal trailer was just teasing him for later on, assuring us he will be back, just known post-release.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I have my doubts that the G&W in Pac-Mans trailer is the same one we will get in-game.

He has no outline and looks more like something made in Paint, its hard to explain but you cut see anything that suggest it has a 3D model and it just doesn't seem right.

But anyway, thats 2/3 Brawl mains confirmed, only R.O.B. remains.

I am EXTREMELY Sorry for the Double-Post I am about to do, I really am, but I just NEED to put this out there, something I just found out., courtesy of the fabulous people of Youtube.
Mr. Game & Watch's
So it is 100% of the following:
Mr. Game & Watch WILL be Returning.
Mr. Game & Watch WILL be on the Website. (Hopefully before launch)
HE'S FREAKING IN.
Happiness is in order, as our 2-D Buddy is back for sure.
...Can we get on the confirmed characters thread, now?
Can you link me to the video please? And sorry for double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I meant a link of Sakurai saying Game & Watch is in the game. Just want a source when I tell others Sakurai said Game & Watch is playable.
It was only said during the Roundtable Online thingy where there were two/three people saying like "Sakurai says this-n-that and stuff" but they weren't allowed to post Pictures/Videos on it. Meaning it wasn't captured on film, but Sakurai did say it. For some reason said website can't show a history log and only the most recent stuff, but I did catch it when I was on the website.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
It was only said during the Roundtable Online thingy where there were two/three people saying like "Sakurai says this-n-that and stuff" but they weren't allowed to post Pictures/Videos on it. Meaning it wasn't captured on film, but Sakurai did say it. For some reason said website can't show a history log and only the most recent stuff, but I did catch it when I was on the website.
there is a full video of the roundtable on youtube now. I'm on my phone or I'd post the link, but it is there.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Why do people want his parachute nair back so much?? I really love the fishbowl nair, it's way more useful IMO.

Respect your gaming elders! G&W is a legend! :smash:
I coudn't agree with you more there but... did anyone even main him and do well?!

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
To be fair, most characters have someone who mains them well in Project M. I assume @ JohannFKNFaust JohannFKNFaust was referring to a Brawl G&W.

Also, I love G&W. A good friend of mine always comes really close to beating me whenever he uses him. G&W is incredibly unique, and while I don't know of any popular Brawl G&W mains, I can say from personal experience that he's hard to deal with in the hands of an experienced player.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Ok so I only watched a few minutes of that (screw sitting through twenty minutes right now) and damn o.o he is good. I know it's his theme but he's just so clunky and stuff, it makes it hard to even want to get good with him, for myself and very many that I know.

LonelyJaguar

Smash Cadet
G&W is my secondary in Brawl. I've never gone to tournaments or anything, but I've always been able to kick ass with him online. Something about his sporadic moves that're kinda predictable but not.. idk. I think he's great, even with his shortcomings.

Blurr-kill

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blurr-kil
I'm aware of that... although I forgot to mention that as its' only use! :laugh: :lol: :facepalm:

What I should have said was that Mr. Game and Watch's down B is worthless as an attack. :bee:

Also, I doubt that technique will be in Smash WiiU and 3DS, thus it would be worthless (again). That and another move could always do that.
Its actually not that useless in melee/PM. It depends on the power of the projectile he takes. A full bucket of luigis fire balls thrown back at him when hes sheilded even at 0% will send him sliding right off the map and your on a stage like battlefield thats a kill. But if you take a full bucket of squrtels bubble it wont even kill at 100% unshileded

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Dibs on making the Moveset Discussion thread when he's confirmed.
DIIIIIIIIIIIIBS.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Can't believe people still doubting him even after seeing him appear in the Pacman trailer. Showing him like that and then not having him in the roster is like shooting yourself in the foot (Besides, he is a two times veteran).

Sakurai on that trailer according to the Smash community:

"I just wanted you to see G&W in the Pacman video to show you how old they are. He is probably not going to be in the game though... now I'm actually thinking why I even bothered to show him."

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Can't believe people still doubting him even after seeing him appear in the Pacman trailer. Showing him like that and then not having him in the roster is like shooting yourself in the foot (Besides, he is a two times veteran).

Sakurai on that trailer according to the Smash community:

"I just wanted you to see G&W in the Pacman video to show you how old they are. He is probably not going to be in the game though... now I'm actually thinking why I even bothered to show him."
Not to mention the whiteboard drawing with G&W on it. I mean, what wouldn't that mean? If G&W isn't there, then we can expect Wario and Meta Knight to be cut too!

Last edited:

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
I think the Pac-Man reveal pretty much confirmed G&W's return, I will be sad if he doesn't though, he was my Tertiary character in smash

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I imagine that G&W will be unlockable like in the past 2 games and that's why he isn't on the website.
I still don't see the point in keeping a confirmed character that everybody already knows is in off the site. Immediately after he was shown with Pac-Man at E3, Sakurai flat out stated that he was in the game. Unless he's going to have an "official" reveal before SSB4's release, all keeping him off the site will do is just annoy some people.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Imagine if the Monday Trailer was dedicated just to Mr. G&W.
Sakurai did say new CHALLENGER, not new CHARACTER.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Its actually not that useless in melee/PM. It depends on the power of the projectile he takes. A full bucket of luigis fire balls thrown back at him when hes sheilded even at 0% will send him sliding right off the map and your on a stage like battlefield thats a kill. But if you take a full bucket of squrtels bubble it wont even kill at 100% unshileded
Yes, but you have to absorb 3 projectiles in 1 stock. The chances of you doing that is low, unless it worked on like Fox's laser, but even then, it'd do like 10% at most, which quite frankly is not worth it given the risk given how long it takes with the pre- and post-move lag.

Also, given as how Smash WiiU and 3DS are setup to where projectiles aren't as useful, that minimal usage is even less.

Also, if the G&W bucket was useful, you'd see it used more in Melee and Project M.

Top Bottom