• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother's Boys - The Lucas and Ness FAQ

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the encouraging words, guys. BTW, for anyone other than me who keeps track of how much this is updated ... I haven't forgotten about it. I've got a lot of stuff to add, hopefully some time soon.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
As for air stalling:

You can create a FoP by tap jumping, air stalling, then magnet zapping simultaneously, very close to the ground. The only way out is to quick rise.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Updated with a bit of advanced tactics information, and filled out the character match-up section. Some of the match-ups are not my strongest, so if you guys have any tips I should add, please let me know.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it well known that Lucas' upair has downward momentum? I'd like to make a new thread about it, but I'm not sure if it's already known...

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
good guide. lucas has an aerial game i can say but it takes a fair amount of skill to b able to successfully implement it against human players. that bair is very hard to position 100%

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Aevin, I think you should include B-reversing. It's useful for both of them. Zap jumping and PK Jumping decrease in height (especially PK Jumping). The same goes for Firebound and a B-sticked Zap jump (used for Wavezapping). B reversing is when you use a B move then immediately hit the opposite direction you are facing to turn around and change your momentum. It's like a B-stick only you turn around.

Normally for Lucas, people who use the glitches to recover would DI backwards, and B-stick PKF and press jump at the same time. The problem with this is is that you will be zap jumping backwards, decreasing your height. If you B-reverse it though you will get the maximum height. To do it, hold forwards towards the stage, hit C stick and jump at the same time, then hit backwards on the control stick immediately afterwards. This way you zap jump (with max height), then the B-stick shoots Lucas towards the stage, then you use PSIM.

Ness can use this when he needs to turn aorund to PK Jump or Firebound. You can use eeither one on someone behind you without having to turn around first. Like you can hit with a bair, then reverse a PK Jump.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the information. My Wii moved away along with my roommate, but I'll have access to one tomorrow and try to check out some of your tricks. Oh, on a side note ... You could probably remove 2Dios from your friends list. I'd still like to play you again some time, so I guess I'll give you my new friend code when I have one. *sigh*

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
i don't know where to post this... just so you know the stars from yoshi's pound can be absorbed with psi magnet. i remember there used to be a thread that said what can and can't be absorbed and they said that they can't be absorbed. i just figured out they can be. just thought i'd tell you guys.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
It's been in the chart here for some time ... but not everyone looks there, so thanks for the reminder. :)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wonderful guide. Maybe it will help me be not-so-terrible, as opposed to just-plain-awful. ^_^;

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
cool guide. tho whether they shud b together considerin they have separate rooms can b a subject under debate. (and is most likely.)

Chuee

Smash Hero
Great guide.
I think that lucas could win some of the match ups besides the slow opponents because beside having speed lucas also has power, like his up smash attack.

Thirskk

Smash Rookie
Great guide!!!!
Very Well done!!
this has helped me alot since i just decided to pick up the Boys as alts and possibly mains someday.
:)

Top Bottom