• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Me, I was once heavily dissatisfied with the attention that Ghirahim was getting a couple years ago, but that eventually subsided some time after I got the moderator job. Now, I'm mostly indifferent with him.
wut
Reading the past few pages made me think you guys were incredibly awkward and weird, but this Ghirahim thing takes the cake.
What has he been in since Skyward Sword? A trophy in Smash 4 and a playable character in Hyrule Warriors, a LoZ game where literally only 3 villains existed until they made three OC's Cia Volga and wizzro?
That's quite a bit of attention... even more weird how getting mod of smashboards somehow makes the hatred towards a character that gets so very little spotlight in the LoZ series dissipate.

Wanna also say Rosalina lore... well more of Mario lore in general, is about as deep as a kiddie pool. There's a good reason Mario lore is a recurring joke on /v/

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
How do you use the Neutral Air? I don't really use Rosa that much anymore (did use her a bit on 3DS though, kind of going back to her), but playing her again this move's hitbox feels so unorthodox compared to most of her other moves when I use it and I can never get it to land at all.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
How do you use the Neutral Air? I don't really use Rosa that much anymore (did use her a bit on 3DS though, kind of going back to her), but playing her again this move's hitbox feels so unorthodox compared to most of her other moves when I use it and I can never get it to land at all.
The move's hitbox actually got smaller in the latest patch, but you can still use it to approach, and a sort of punish as well, especially when your opponent misses a grab.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
wut
Reading the past few pages made me think you guys were incredibly awkward and weird, but this Ghirahim thing takes the cake.
What has he been in since Skyward Sword? A trophy in Smash 4 and a playable character in Hyrule Warriors, a LoZ game where literally only 3 villains existed until they made three OC's Cia Volga and wizzro?
That's quite a bit of attention... even more weird how getting mod of smashboards somehow makes the hatred towards a character that gets so very little spotlight in the LoZ series dissipate.

Wanna also say Rosalina lore... well more of Mario lore in general, is about as deep as a kiddie pool. There's a good reason Mario lore is a recurring joke on /v/
Ghirahim was just overrated, and since he has had only one mainstream appearance, I just didn't like the unnecessary attention that he was getting. At least Rosalina managed to get three mainstream appearances.

However, it is pretty odd how Ghirahim, Robin, Lucina, and Dark Pit only appeared in one mainstream game, and yet only Ghirahim got the Assist Trophy treatment, while the rest made the playable cut.

HiNiTe

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
wut

If you want to keep your sanity you best ignore sonicbrawler and M&SG. Also, to be fair, considering your MLP avatar, I wouldn't say you're entirely normal either.

Also, for you folk that are desperate to get your hands on a Rosalina amiibo that is cheap, Amazon Italy has one up and you can do international shipping, all in all about $25 USD. Get it while it lasts.
http://www.amazon.it/Nintendo--Figurina-Amiibo-Smash-Rosalina/dp/B00Q6A56C0/

For Japanese imports there's Ninnin and Amazon Japan.
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...rio-super-smash-bros-series-ver-wii-u-en.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00PIEHUDS/

It's not really worth it to get a US version unless you are a REAL hardcore collector. Which, personally, I am not.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
However, it is pretty odd how Ghirahim, Robin, Lucina, and Dark Pit only appeared in one mainstream game, and yet only Ghirahim got the Assist Trophy treatment, while the rest made the playable cut.
Well, they represent the latest 3DS games that came out for their series (Awakening, Uprising) and Ghirahim is mostly a villain from one game (SS) of the previous generation console (Wii). That wouldn't work out well (according to Sakurai/Nintendo logic) since the predominant villain of the Zelda series is mainly Ganondorf/Ganon and for the most part has been mentioned or known for most Zelda games. It's the same with the other reps. Normal Link represent practically all Zelda games and mostly realistic Zelda, Zelda represents...well Zelda, Sheik represents their greatest/well-known Zelda of all time (OoT), and Toon Link represent the cartoon style of Zelda games. They all have their major reasons of being in Smash Bros.

At best, Ghirahim would definitely be in the same boat as Skull Kid/Tingle/Midna for Zelda reps since they have a hard time with "individuality" with the other characters to fit them in (or whatever bullcrap Sakurai wants to say he's too lazy to put one of them in; but to be fair, would probably be hard work anyways). The only other character I would see pop up from Zelda for the next Smash is Impa since she has been a little more known and been in a few Zelda recently. If she pops up again in the newer Zelda, it's more than likely.

But anyways, clearly the guy has a hypocritical motive and he's not doing himself any justice by withholding Rosalina amiibo like this.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If you want to keep your sanity you best ignore sonicbrawler and M&SG. Also, to be fair, considering your MLP avatar, I wouldn't say you're entirely normal either.
Nobody is normal on this site, we're all playing a party game competitively.
As for my pony avatar, it's a combo I've kept going for like 3 years now. Otherwise I'd have Kazooie or other random things as my avatar, I change my avatar on other sites to compensate me keeping this and I change about as much as I go outside.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Comments like these are unneeded/borderline breaking rules.

IMO, if you want to point out how much more "normal" you are than everyone else, Internet forums aren't the place to do so anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This thread stopped giving me notifications all of a sudden.

I think I see why now.

Also, there is a good reason why /v/ is a recurring joke everywhere else, can't believe someone just talked about that place like it's antics should be respected as an intellectual authourity.

------

Another image of the Rosalina Amiibo in better lighting:

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I kinda like the Rosie amiibo. It's hard to screw up making luma -not- cute.

I'm gonna call it now, someone is going to find a factory defect Rosie without a luma or something, or like her eye drawn on her hair.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This thread stopped giving me notifications all of a sudden.

I think I see why now.

Also, there is a good reason why /v/ is a recurring joke everywhere else, can't believe someone just talked about that place like it's antics should be respected as an intellectual authourity.

------

Another image of the Rosalina Amiibo in better lighting:

Looks awesome when seeing the close ups of the third wave of amiibos.
Look guys I'll be absent over the next few weeks until Feb 2. Just a short notice.
Sorry, I'm going to be out of my leisure for the next few weeks..............

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So, i drowned in pools at beast v, won against a player that i then lost to in lb bracketpools :/

I need to practice alot against shiek since i need a better understanding of the matchup.
Anyone have any videos i can study that can help me get better in the matchup, i can post 2 of the sets ive lost that i need to work on to get better.
Critique if you want, im a bit clueless how to play on fd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Z3NRmE35M

And a set from beast:
http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground/b/609349654?t=7m10s

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Oh crap, I just realized while using Shulk, his counter doesn't work when Rosalina and Luma are charging up a attack, the counter locks onto Rosalina but when the animation is on, Luma then attacks Shulk, or any kind of counter user, this is frustrating

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh crap, I just realized while using Shulk, his counter doesn't work when Rosalina and Luma are charging up a attack, the counter locks onto Rosalina but when the animation is on, Luma then attacks Shulk, or any kind of counter user, this is frustrating
Aha, that's something I use to fool counter users with all of the time! :p

It's especially effective on Shulk, because of that fancy but completely impractical slow-mo effect he has with his counter.

CRDLumatech

Smash Rookie
I have been working on my rosalina and Luma all day and j found some awsome tricks
If u do a retreating fair close to the ground, the galaxies the still appear and luma will do the attack while Rosalina is able to move.
This gives her such an advantage against small players like kirby.
U can use this to get really close to Ur opponent and grab them.
Rosalina and luma can do this with any of the aerials except for upair.
It takes a lot of practice so make sure to master it

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I did this yesterday. It is fun. :p

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It's been a long time, but I think I may be ready to come back to the Rosalina threads and join discussions again. I know I missed my chance to give my input on the Rosalina VS Peach match-up, but honestly, I was very anxious to say anything because I felt my information would not be critical or analytical enough to warrant agreeable feedback (I know that barely makes any sense at all and I was just not feeling up to the task at that moment). Plus, I wasn't in the best condition to talk and share my info on Rosalina match ups, etc.

Now, I'm back and hopefully without long breaks in between...
Also, THAT
MAN WHO BOUGHT 100 ROSALINA & LUMA AMIIBOS IS CRAZY. Here's what he had to say (and I'm probably late on this anyways). Some pretty mild language said by the buyer of amiibos and the person giving criticism. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know I missed my chance to give my input on the Rosalina VS Peach match-up
Don't worry about it. The match-up discussion thread isn't really about objective evidence, and people have wildly different experiences anyway. It's a more a small survey of public experiences than it is based on objective information, and will become quite outdated in time.

That's not to undermine the information there, or the information you might have provided, but what I'm saying is, don't lose sleep over it. :p

Also yeah, that Rosalina Amiibo situation is quite depressing to the point where I have exhausted most of what I can say about it.

-------------

Here's another picture of the Rosalina Amiibo we will be buying:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : The match-up analysis thread will be covering each character more than once. Once every character has had his/her turn to be analyzed, we'll restart the analysis process for round 2.

In other words, we'll be analyzing the Rosalina vs. Peach match-up again at a later date.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
It's been a long time, but I think I may be ready to come back to the Rosalina threads and join discussions again. I know I missed my chance to give my input on the Rosalina VS Peach match-up, but honestly, I was very anxious to say anything because I felt my information would not be critical or analytical enough to warrant agreeable feedback (I know that barely makes any sense at all and I was just not feeling up to the task at that moment). Plus, I wasn't in the best condition to talk and share my info on Rosalina match ups, etc.

Now, I'm back and hopefully without long breaks in between...
Also, THAT MAN WHO BOUGHT 100 ROSALINA & LUMA AMIIBOS IS CRAZY. Here's what he had to say (and I'm probably late on this anyways). Some pretty mild language said by the buyer of amiibos and the person giving criticism. Viewer discretion is advised.
There are some old men who want to buy amiibos like Rosalina, ZSS, and Palutena
for some pleasure
if you know what I mean

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : The match-up analysis thread will be covering each character more than once. Once every character has had his/her turn to be analyzed, we'll restart the analysis process for round 2.

In other words, we'll be analyzing the Rosalina vs. Peach match-up again at a later date.
I'll try to give my two cents on the matchup when that time comes. I don't really play Peach in this game, but I do play a good amount of Rosalina, and I play a Peach quite a bit :>

Hopefully I can throw in some decent insight.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Is it weird that I've had the Wii U version for over a month, and that Rosalina was revealed more than a year ago... And I still, to this day, can't believe she was actually added? She was my most wanted character but I thought her chances were SO low. I thought that, if anything, she would be an Assist Trophy or at the very least a trophy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Forgot to post this here yesterday, but Rosalina is currently the bestselling Amiibo on Amazon Germany:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina continues to hog Mario Kart 8's spotlight here...

After a recent race, I basically had a nice screenshot opportunity to show.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I successfully comboed an autocancelled Luma bair into ftilt online today. First time I've ever done so in an actual match. I'd call that progress. Unrelated to Rosalina specifically, it's also a very good feeling when your opponent prematurely taunts, then you come back and finish them off.

That Mario Kart picture reminds me I need to play it more. Again. Something. I haven't taken it out of the case since the DLC.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I successfully comboed an autocancelled Luma bair into ftilt online today. First time I've ever done so in an actual match. I'd call that progress. Unrelated to Rosalina specifically, it's also a very good feeling when your opponent prematurely taunts, then you come back and finish them off.

That Mario Kart picture reminds me I need to play it more. Again. Something. I haven't taken it out of the case since the DLC.
Reminds me of this gif whenever that happens.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So, good morning. Start the (Nintendo Direct-containing) day correctly with some Rosalina screenshots.

WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg

And this is why I didn't give a like to that reply. •_•

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
As I skip my job today for the Nintendo Direct (don't judge me), the Rosalina avatars caught my attention for some reason...

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's calm looking Rosalina.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad 's star-gazing Rosalina.

My extreme close-up of Rosalina's happy/smirk face.

and of course, @ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 's ridiculous Rosalina insanity/surprised face.

We're a couple of Rosalina fans I see. Not a big surprise since she's our boss.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
As I skip my job today for the Nintendo Direct (don't judge me), the Rosalina avatars caught my attention for some reason...

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's calm looking Rosalina.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad 's star-gazing Rosalina.

My extreme close-up of Rosalina's happy/smirk face.

and of course, @ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 's ridiculous Rosalina insanity/surprised face.

We're a couple of Rosalina fans I see. Not a big surprise since she's our boss.
The Many Faces of Rosalina. And they're all spectacular.

And yeah, skipping work for a Direct is something I would totally do too. :T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom