• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Yeah I used to look up to Luma Shot before Smash 3DS got the 1.0.4 update. But now, it's less useful with the fact that the Luma has no hitbox when it stops, and its uncharged travel distance is shorter as well; it used to travel as far as Luma Warp.

Also, because Luma Warp is almost instantaneous, you can do it in the air, and follow-up with a down aerial at will.

It's glorious when it works, isn't it?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
You guys aren't caring about my last post....................
Online is simply quite a different beast from offline play. A lot of things you can otherwise punish become safe because of lag, it's harder to time shields and dodges, etc. Also I struggle with good Link/Toon Link players too so I'm not sure how much I can really help.

My best advice is to abuse nair, it seems very few people know how to deal with it.

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
So recently, I feel like I've taken my Rosalina to a new level by "discovering" her jab and Star Bits. This discovery has improved my Rosalina to the point that I have about a 97% For Glory win rate with her, and am able to win games off against top level Smash 4 players.

I don't know why I didn't realize the full power of Rosalina's jab until recently, it's simply incredible (with Luma attached, of course). The 3-jab combo basically does a very safe 8% from long range (it can also kill at high %s). There is no reason not to use the 3-jab combo over and over again. And it's easy to convert the jab taps into the full jab combo when your opponent is right next to you. This jab is safe against both shield and spot dodges. You just need to be sure that you don't go into the extended jab and miss with it. But since you don't have to commit to the extended combo until you know your opponent is next to you, there's really no reason to be messing that up very much. The extended jab combo does 20-ish% damage, and can kill pretty early. It's insane how good her jab is overall.

The 3-hit jab combo also has the utility of moving Luma forward, allowing you to catch your opponent from a distance with an additional Luma attack. And this is completely safe, and since Luma is still attached, you won't have to bother calling Luma back.

Star Bits are also quite good. Simply put, when Luma is in front of Rosalina, Star Bits have more range than F-Tilt (which in turn has more range than D-Tilt). It's also much safer to use than F-Smash. So more and more I'm finding that I can use Star Bits very safely if I have the proper spacing, and when it lands it puts on a solid 8% damage.

These 2 little things have honestly changed my Rosalina completely, and I've never felt more in control of her and Luma than I do now.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So recently, I feel like I've taken my Rosalina to a new level by "discovering" her jab and Star Bits. This discovery has improved my Rosalina to the point that I have about a 97% For Glory win rate with her, and am able to win games off against top level Smash 4 players.

I don't know why I didn't realize the full power of Rosalina's jab until recently, it's simply incredible (with Luma attached, of course). The 3-jab combo basically does a very safe 8% from long range (it can also kill at high %s). There is no reason not to use the 3-jab combo over and over again. And it's easy to convert the jab taps into the full jab combo when your opponent is right next to you. This jab is safe against both shield and spot dodges. You just need to be sure that you don't go into the extended jab and miss with it. But since you don't have to commit to the extended combo until you know your opponent is next to you, there's really no reason to be messing that up very much. The extended jab combo does 20-ish% damage, and can kill pretty early. It's insane how good her jab is overall.

The 3-hit jab combo also has the utility of moving Luma forward, allowing you to catch your opponent from a distance with an additional Luma attack. And this is completely safe, and since Luma is still attached, you won't have to bother calling Luma back.

Star Bits are also quite good. Simply put, when Luma is in front of Rosalina, Star Bits have more range than F-Tilt (which in turn has more range than D-Tilt). It's also much safer to use than F-Smash. So more and more I'm finding that I can use Star Bits very safely if I have the proper spacing, and when it lands it puts on a solid 8% damage.

These 2 little things have honestly changed my Rosalina completely, and I've never felt more in control of her and Luma than I do now.
Jab is too good, it's true. Oddly enough though, it's not Rosalina's fastest attack, dtilt is. (Luma is another matter entirely, I'm not sure what its frame data is like.)

I've been neglecting Star Bits. After getting used to Floaty and Shooting it just seems so meh.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Online is simply quite a different beast from offline play. A lot of things you can otherwise punish become safe because of lag, it's harder to time shields and dodges, etc. Also I struggle with good Link/Toon Link players too so I'm not sure how much I can really help.

My best advice is to abuse nair, it seems very few people know how to deal with it.
Yeah, my Wi-fi environment isn't good in my home for now. And if i am really that bad at 4 player Smash or even 1v1 Smash, I guess I will just need to train harder, and additionally I am going to take an important exam of my life. So recently I am out of Smash for a while (But not Animal Crossing!LOL!), so it's obvious that my Smash skills wear down.
I am seldom use Rosalina online for quite a long time, even though she is one of my mains, trying to stick with my 12 mains is quite a challenge, but I am not going to give up on any of them yet, since I still haven't touch the Wii U version.
Whenever I do air attack, I often miss, or they just dodged it. My air attack accuracy isn't good............don't know why.........

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Reverse B-Air, especially with Luma is so helpful to Rosalina. You have no idea how many times you can catch people with how fast Luma attacks, and best of all it covers Rosalina from below making safe.
Also, Fastfall F-Air near the edge. Me likey. :lick:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow, recently Nintendo a Super Mario Edition Puzzle & Dragon. For the ones who doesn't know Puzzle & Dragon. It is a bit similiar to Candy Crush but insted of shifting the candy to get combo, you have to take a gem and slide it around to get combo. And it is a RPG game. You'll know it after watching the trailer. (Just imagine it is like Dragon Quest but you have to use gem combos intead of solid attacks, your attack will be vary depend how many combos you made, and the gem's type)
Seems that Rosalina isn't in this game for now. But since it may only take place in the original Super Mario Bros, I doubt she'll be in. Probably as DLC quest? That you have to go to outer space again.
In Taiwan, this game, like many other 3DS games, isn't well known. But Tower of Saviors, a Made In Taiwan mobile game, is really hot to Taiwanese teenagers(But I don't play this game, since I don't even have a smartphone). But ironically, Tower of Saviors' battle gameplay style is adapted from Puzzle & Dragons. But in Tower of Saviors, you can use some kind of card in battle(Similiar to Yu-Gi-Yoh.)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Saviors

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've been playing a lot of Rosalina in Mario Golf lately and she is a very risk/reward character in the game, similar to Petey from Toadstool Tour. However avoid using her on that awful water coarse, unlocking star Luigi was absolute pain.

Also I'm

Smasher89

Smash Lord
So recently, I feel like I've taken my Rosalina to a new level by "discovering" her jab .
Do note that it was one of the mpoves that did get the most significant nerf in the last patch, before the patch luma got back slower, which meant more control and range.

Prob going to europes first big tournament tomorrow been sick for likie 11 days but i feel i might be able to go even though the dayform for the game would ideally be better. Ive only 1 tournament of experience in the new games so im kinda thinking about counterpicks and stuff (rules havent been annouincet, but i kinda expect apexrules) but i guess the practice during the tournament will influence alot even though i have some stuff up my sleeve. FIrst time we use brackepools here though so thats gonna make it tough and interesting from the get go.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This Friday I had finally had a chance to spend my time in Smash 3DS.
I only play Smash run since it is fun. I use Rosalina, and I found out that I had poor accuracy in air, of course in Smash run with stats. It sometimes make you hard control.
After Friday I won't have time playing Smash 3DS, so looks like if I want to get good with Rosalina, I might have to wait.
And Rosalina is in the Conquest mode again! This time is Burmly Boys vs Kooky Kids vs Lively Ladies

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So some good news, and some bad news.

Good news is that Rosalina is part of a conquest right now, and that Nintendo may have just confirmed Rosalina as a sexually active woman:
http://sonicbrawler182.tumblr.com/image/107614294582

Bad news is this:
http://www.nintendonuggets.com/?p=1427

Well I could sit here and lie and hide my true reasons behind this but I won’t do that I will give you the full truth…..

With the money I make I simply put it off as extra for any merch I collect myself to spend on or more amiibos. This isn’t the only reason though call this a vengeance against the people who ridiculed me, insulted me, and are fans of stuff I hate. I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date this is pissing me off. Lets see… Mk8, Mario golf on 3ds as Dlc, 3dworld as a secret character, Smash bros 4, and more recently Mario Party 10. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting. I hate her fans too I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular which is why I took the time to wait and preorder over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy I hate Rosalina as a character and I will enjoy selling her for big bucks. I will also do the same for Lucina(loose in ya),Palutena(Pootytanga),Robin(Throbbin) and Zero suit samus(Zero suit Slunt) When they are announced. I really hate these characters and it just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this **** for character designs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Good news is that Rosalina is part of a conquest right now, and that Nintendo may have just confirmed Rosalina as a sexually active woman:

Bad news is this:
The second URL doesn't work, but I'm probably guessing that whoever said the stuff in that quote must be very dissatisfied with Rosalina.

Me, I was once heavily dissatisfied with the attention that Ghirahim was getting a couple years ago, but that eventually subsided some time after I got the moderator job. Now, I'm mostly indifferent with him.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Bad news is this:
I already post it in my last post LOL.
and that Nintendo may have just confirmed Rosalina as a sexually active woman
Uh.............really? In the America Region, they are called "Lively Woman" "Burmly Boys" and "Kooky Kids",probably just means they are energetic. Don't really take the name that seriously. It seems that each of the meaning of a groups conquest varies in each region.
Feisty means "of a person, typically one who is relatively small or weak) lively, determined, and courageous." according to Google translate. What does this have to do with sexually active?
Yep, looks like the they pulled it off since it may cause international outcry.
I don't get it with the first line that why this writer hate Rosalina:
With the money I make I simply put it off as extra for any merch I collect myself to spend on or more amiibos. This isn’t the only reason though call this a vengeance against the people who ridiculed me, insulted me, and are fans of stuff I hate.
I will hat this writer even more if he thinks that Bowser Jr is a more better and legit newcomer than Rosalina. Even though you thoroughly dislike this character, you shouldn't say it outloud.
Just what is with Nintendonuggets? This website seems similiar to mynintendonews.com , posting news about Nintendo stuff. But this website seems a bit unmature compare to other gaming news website. So I'm not that surprise there's a article railing a character......
And it seems that he hates most of the Smash's females.........what a weirdo.....
I will also do the same for Lucina(loose in ya),Palutena(Pootytanga),Robin(Throbbin) and Zero suit samus(Zero suit Slunt) When they are announced. I really hate these characters and it just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this **** for character designs. <<WTF?!

Remember that thread about Rosalina being broken?It gives the Smash user to brag about Rosalina in any negative ways .Well, this may not be related to this post, I just don't know why now there is even someone who even shames it's fans. Just like don't like Bowser Jr but I got my reasonable reason, and I never insult them.
Would anyone wanna play? Add me at macchiato94. I'd like to learn the Rosie MU
Welcome! Just as long you stick with her in Smash and like her! She had a lot of fighting potentials!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That article I linked to earlier was basically about infamous troll mariotehplumber ordering a bunch of Amiibos in order to prevent people who like the characters from being able to buy them at a reasonable price.

Rosalina is his biggest target, as he really hates her. He has apparently ordered over one hundred Rosalina Amiibos already, in order to prevent her fans from being able to buy her at a retail price. He will sell the ones he orders, but only at ridiculous prices.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Bad news is this:
They reeeeeaaaaaallly need to stop putting Rosalina up against Little Mac. >.>

As for the amiibo situation, yeah I'm really mad about that. I wouldn't have been able to do anything anyway, but this guy didn't need to make things harder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

ASDFGHJKL

The guy who got these has unboxed the other three and taken close ups of them, but he said he's gonna do Rosalina in about 2 hours.

I can't wait she looks so beautiful. They actually made her colours more accurate compared to the prototype.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Is Rosie already released?

Should I preorder or is it too late?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is Rosie already released?

Should I preorder or is it too late?
She's not released yet, Nintendo are just sending out small preview parcels to various blogs and gaming journalists.

You can't pre-order her from Target anymore and they won't be re-opening pre-orders for her, but if you are willing to pre-order from elsewhere, I fully recommend you pre-order her ASAP. She has only had one month of production so far, and to make matters worse, EVERYONE seems to want her, AND you have that mariotehplumber guy trying to buy up as many Rosalina's as he can because he hates her and is going to try and make her fans desperate so he can make money off of her.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*sigh* Well folks, here's to hoping the Rosalina Amiibo isn't our Marth of Wave 3.
Unfortunately, she might be.

The holy trinity (WFT, Marth, Villager) only got two months in production, and look how fast they got rare.

Rosalina has only had one month in production. Normally, I'd say that's not TOO bad because in the US, only Target is getting her, meaning loads of stock should be available (since Target normally stock high on exclusive toys), but with that maniac trying to buy all of the Rosalina Amiibos he can, on top of the sheer, genuine demand for her, thinks are looking rough for Rosalina's Amiibo. She might even end up worse than Little Mac at this rate.

EDIT: Visualisation of what I said above:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

AAAAAAAAAAAH SHE'S PERFECT

This is like the first time where I think I can say the final figure looks BETTER than the prototype!

I absolutely cannot wait.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Unfortunately, she might be.

The holy trinity (WFT, Marth, Villager) only got two months in production, and look how fast they got rare.

Rosalina has only had one month in production. Normally, I'd say that's not TOO bad because in the US, only Target is getting her, meaning loads of stock should be available (since Target normally stock high on exclusive toys), but with that maniac trying to buy all of the Rosalina Amiibos he can, on top of the sheer, genuine demand for her, thinks are looking rough for Rosalina's Amiibo. She might even end up worse than Little Mac at this rate.

EDIT: Visualisation of what I said above:

well. I guess i'll be stocking my local target then. And to think I was planning on getting 2. (one to keep in the box and one for usage) I suppose the good thing is that I have about 4 Targets around me. Man, this going to be tough guys.

This is like the first time where I think I can say the final figure looks BETTER than the prototype!

DEAR GOD SHE'S BEAUTIFUL I LITERALLY GASPED WHEN I SAW THIS SFKLDJSKL;D

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She looks like the real render.

Like if it was against better lighting I'd nearly think that was just her render from the game.

I swear Rosalina is like a succubus trying to consume my thoughts right now.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

That is perfection. <3

Really, the only thing off looking is how Luma has to be standed but that was needed so I don't mind.

Totally going to import her when my mom gets home. Hopefully though, I don't get one of those defective ones. That would ruin my day. ;_;

I hear ya, I totally can't wait either. <3

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
That is perfection. <3

Really, the only thing off looking is how Luma has to be standed but that was needed so I don't mind.

Totally going to import her when my mom gets home. Hopefully though, I don't get one of those defective ones. That would ruin my day. ;_;

I hear ya, I totally can't wait either. <3
If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me where you are getting it imported from? I need to get my hands on this ASAP. Thanks ^-^

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me where you are getting it imported from? I need to get my hands on this ASAP. Thanks ^-^
Amazon Italy and Nin-Nin Game should still have her.

And if it's really necessary, I'd be willing to buy Rosalina Amiibos for people who can't find them. You can't import from Ireland, but our stock for the holy trinity was really good up until the new year.

I doubt the Rosalina's in stores over here will sell fast as she might not be as well known here. So'd be willing to pick her up for people so long as they give me the money (and at most, I'd maaaybe make a five euro profit because I am kinda strapped for cash). I've tested out shipping Amiibos to US already with a friend in New York.

That's assuming she even arrives to Ireland though. Little Mac seemingly didn't, which is why I'm still importing Rosalina. Don't want to risk losing her (especially not after seeing THAT beauty of a figure).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't live very far from a Target store, and I can easily just walk over there. However, it's very troubling how an amiibo that's been advertised for many weeks will never see the light of day at any retail store, all because some person literally hates the character, and doesn't want anyone to have him/her.

Whoever this guy is has to have a massive amount of cash, because each amiibo costs $12.99 without the tax; the tax was $1.04 for each amiibo that I've bought. Buying 100 would cost you $1403 in the end.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't live very far from a Target store, and I can easily just walk over there. However, it's very troubling how an amiibo that's been advertised for many weeks will never see the light of day at any retail store, all because some person literally hates the character, and doesn't want anyone to have him/her.

Whoever this guy is has to have a massive amount of cash, because each amiibo costs $12.99 without the tax; the tax was $1.04 for each amiibo that I've bought. Buying 100 would cost you $1403 in the end.
He has already spent $4,000 on Amiibos, and has $35,000 in reserve for his cause.

EDIT: More images!

https://twitter.com/GohanBlog/status/554020511634968577

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can think of characters who are way more obscure than Rosalina. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would probably be the biggest offenders of the bunch, but their amiibos haven't even been announced yet.
His exact problem with her is that she is as popular as she is.

He hates her because she has statuesque design featuring a desirable body with slight anime influence, and finds her deep character layers pretentious and out of place in a Mario game.

He hates the qualities that actually make her an amazing character, and since she is an amazing character, she gained popularity. And he hates that as it means she shows up in more games. So he's trying (and failing) to change that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His exact problem with her is that she is as popular as she is.

He hates her because she has statuesque design featuring a desirable body with slight anime influence, and finds her deep character layers pretentious and out of place in a Mario game.

He hates the qualities that actually make her an amazing character, and since she is an amazing character, she gained popularity. And he hates that as it means she shows up in more games. So he's trying (and failing) to change that.
Rosalina is one of the very few Mario characters who are not RPG-exclusive to have a real backstory. Most other franchises that are represented in Smash 4 actually have characters with backstories, such as with Ganondorf being the only male Gerudo, and is the incarnation of Demise's hatred toward the goddess Hylia and her chosen hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom