• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
True, I really love her character, but there are other Mario characters that come first

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Assist Trophy for sure. Or at least a cameo in a stage. Rosalina deserves to be remembered somehow.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Rosalina is pretty forgetable imo
As a Mario character, she isn't forgettable. However, there are other characters who are more significant to the series than Rosalina, especially with her only appearances being Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and Mario Kart Wii and 7. She has made a pretty big impact all things considered, though whether that impact is enough to warrant a playable appearance remains to be seen.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As a Mario character, she isn't forgettable. However, there are other characters who are more significant to the series than Rosalina, especially with her only appearances being Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and Mario Kart Wii and 7. She has made a pretty big impact all things considered, though whether that impact is enough to warrant a playable appearance remains to be seen.

:phone:
Probably not, seeing as Toad and Bowser Jr. have higher priority over her. At least her priority is higher than that of Daisy and Waluigi, in terms of mainstream involvement.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
She was in Galaxy 2?

But seriously, her chances are really, really low. First there's the fact that a new Mario rep that isn't super likely, and then you have to consider the fact that there are several more popular Mario characters that people want in.

Fun With Knives

Smash Rookie
She was in Galaxy 2?

But seriously, her chances are really, really low. First there's the fact that a new Mario rep that isn't super likely, and then you have to consider the fact that there are several more popular Mario characters that people want in.
The only rep I'd put ahead of her in terms of likelihood is Bowser Jr. Daisy's got no basis for a moveset, Waluigi is better relegated to his role as an Assist Trophy for the same reason, and Birdo and Petey Piranha are far more obscure.

On another note, I'd also like to see her having a Luma present in the manner of Mario Kart Wii as you've said, and it could go further with palette swaps, with the options of all of the Luma colors available (Admittedly, I love Polari).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The only rep I'd put ahead of her in terms of likelihood is Bowser Jr. Daisy's got no basis for a moveset, Waluigi is better relegated to his role as an Assist Trophy for the same reason, and Birdo and Petey Piranha are far more obscure.
You're deluding yourself if you think Bowser Jr. is the only other viable Mario rep. Both Toad and Waluigi are contenders as well. Bowser Jr., Toad, and Waluigi are the "big 3" for potential Mario reps.

'Course, I doubt we'll get a new Mario representative anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While Rosalina is my favorite Mario character that's not a green dinosaur and my no. one choice for a female Mario Rep I'm not opptomistic about her chances of being added as playable.

I defiantly see her as a part of the game play as either an assist trophy or a stage element. There will be freakouts if she's not in the game in some semi-important way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Her chances as a playable character have decreased over the years...

But since there probably WILL be a Galaxy based stage, she will be in the game, at least as a sticker and trophy.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think Rosalina is more deserving of being a playable character than an assist trophy.But Even if she does get in as an assist trophy at lest she'll be in in some form.

volbound1700

Smash Master
You're deluding yourself if you think Bowser Jr. is the only other viable Mario rep. Both Toad and Waluigi are contenders as well. Bowser Jr., Toad, and Waluigi are the "big 3" for potential Mario reps.

'Course, I doubt we'll get a new Mario representative anyway.

Paper Mario and Dr. Mario both say "Hi."

Mario definitely deserves a rep, the series had more in Melee than in Brawl.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Dr. Mario was in Melee and had files in Brawl. I would say his chances are VERY LIKELY to be in at least some form or fashion.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I doubt Dr. Mario will be playable in the same way he was in Melee. The most I see happening is either a customizable move set for Mario (if such a feature is ever implemented) which allows Mario to use pills and the Mario Tornado, or a Dr. Mario alt. skin which gives Mario his doctor appearance.

That said, realistically speaking, yes, there are more qualified Mario reps, including Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Toad, but this isn't about them; this is about Rosalina, her chances of being in Smash 4, and a possible move set, stage, etc..

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To those who think Rosalina would be playable, why?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm kinda surprised we haven't seen any Mario Galaxy stage yet. I guess they are holding it off for now.

But oh well, this is off topic anyway.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
As for Music id like to be in smash 4 for Galaxy 1 & 2.

Super Mario Galaxy -Gusty Garden Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy-Buoy Base Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy-Boss - Final Bowser Battle

Super Mario Galaxy 2-Slide Theme

Super Mario Galaxy 2-Throwback Galaxy

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
While I doubt she's in, I really hope she is. She's by far my favorite Mario character, and the Mario Galaxy games are really enjoyable.

Though I'd settle for appearance as either an AT or on a Mario Galaxy stage. That second option doesn't sound too bad, with all the awesome music the games have. <3

I'd be interesting to see how she'd fight though. I doubt she'd want to use the Lumas because she's a mother figure, but I think the Lumas would want to fight to protect her.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have a feeling her chances are low, but I don't she's gonna be forgotten. When Nintendo put her into two Mario Kart games (and probably likely Mario Kart 8) it shows they truly do value her as a character to some degree.

I think she'll probably be assist trophy first though. I'd probably main her if she ever did get in though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, and I'd use Peach a little more even if Rosalina just became an alt skin for her.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I can't see her being a alt skin for Peach, Rosalina has a lot of potential and has a lot going for her shes been in 4 games.

Super Mario Galaxy.

Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Mario Kart Wii.

Mario Kart 7.

Mabe even Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo even created a back story for her,she could be a great fighter shes got a really good move set.

Heres an idea some one came up with of what moves she could use.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Rosalina feels so right for the next Smash that I have a hard time seeing her being left out. Only doubt is that Nintendo's not doing Mario Galaxy 3 (yet).

Steelia

Smash Champion
Rosalina is one of my favorite characters in Mario, behind only the Koopa King himself. She has a tragic backstory, a quiet yet authoritative personality, and just has so many things going for her to make her a unique fighter. It's a shame she's been so quietly tucked away by Nintendo, but at the very least she's shown up multiple times... so that's good.

Realistically, I'm expecting her to at least be an Assist Trophy (why she got shafted from SSBB I guess we'll never know). But having her playable would be amazing. Like in MKWii, she'd be one of my mains, no doubt about it.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Look what i just found.

Daisy made a cameo along with Rosalina in the 2012 Disney film Wreck-It Ralph at Game Central Station chatting with each other as Felix and Calhoun set out to find Ralph in Sugar Rush.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The SSB4 roster was already decided so it'd be too late for Rosalina to be in if she wasn't already chosen initially.

Maybe in the next game we might have her if she's not in this one. Would hate to see her as an assist trophy or something, but could see it happening.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
The SSB4 roster was already decided so it'd be too late for Rosalina to be in if she wasn't already chosen initially.
The thing is, Nintendo isn't the kind of corporation where everyone learns of everything at the last moment. We have already seen stage/level/whatever from Sonic Lost World, and this thing was not even developed by Nintendo. SM3dW on the other hand is, so if Rosalina is anything more than a cameo in SM3dW, I assume that Sakurai and other SSB4 devs were told about it far earlier than internet came up with it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dude, Sonic got that kind of attention with the Lost World material because he's Sonic. As a returning veteran was bound to happen since he wouldn't be a last minute addition like he was in Brawl. Rosalina's not even a veteran, and her popularity/demand/following, iconicness, etc. is nowhere near Sonic's, so... Bad example there bud.

Yeah, am aware of Sakurai and the team knowing about things like that with games before the internet does, but how much that will really help Rosalina's case is still debatable, regardless of what her role in the game ends up being. If how the speculation for Toad has changed after Peach's reveal is any indication, I still wouldn't get my hopes up for Rosalina that much. Hell, her colors could simply be another palette swap for Peach like Daisy, which I could see happening if she's not an assist trophy, much as I'd prefer her to be her own character.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Dude, I am in no way trying to claim this is a huge boost for Rosalina or anything. Your previous post did basically imply (to me) the opposite of what you just said, "it would be too late". They could know about this far before we did, or even it could technically work in the reverse with SM3dW team including Rosalina because she's in Smash or something. So I was simply focusing on the "roster setup time" argument, not on anything else, specifically noting the stage (supposing it is the stage, given recent Sakurai comments), not the character.

I agree one hundred percent that Rosalina remains unprobable to end up as playable character.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, I guess I could've worded my earlier post better as far as that. Saying too late was probably going a bit too far, but even though Sakurai and the team would obviously know of certain things in SM3dW before the rest of us, it's questionable how much he would prioritize Rosalina in Sm4sh even if she was playable in that recent game, which was what I was ultimately getting at and was why I found the Sonic example kind of irrelevant, but see where you're coming from on it more now.

Meh... Maybe she'll be a last minute semi-clone of Peach if we're lucky? :awesome: If no form of Toad is playable at all (no blue Toad or nothing), I'd be content with that at the very least.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If that we're to happen, I could see her being more of a mix of Zelda & Peach, or even having a little Luma partner for some of her tilts or aerials.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
Seriously an obscure Mario character? She has no importance to the series, She never fought or been directly in danger and has no moveset. She doesnt really do anything are you running out of characters

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Seriously an obscure Mario character? She has no importance to the series, She never fought or been directly in danger and has no moveset. She doesnt really do anything are you running out of characters
You can easily say the same for Villager & Wii Fit Trainer, both of which showed zero fighting capability but still had enough source material from their games to warrant a unique moveset. Hell you can say that about Zelda who doesn't even use the magic she was given in Smash in Ocarina of Time, so whos to say they can't create an original moveset for her? They never had any trouble with Pit.

Plus how is going to the center of the universe not helping? =P

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom