• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I just wish I can draw that well.

...Seriously. I like drawing, but my shading sucks. Especially if I'm using pencil.

On a side note: I'm hyped for SSF2. The original 12 is finally complete. Can't wait to drop Marth and Falcon for Luigi!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just wish I can draw that well.

...Seriously. I like drawing, but my shading sucks. Especially if I'm using pencil.

On a side note: I'm hyped for SSF2. The original 12 is finally complete. Can't wait to drop Marth and Falcon for Luigi!
I have never realize that Luigi was missing lol...

TriTails

Smash Lord
I have never realize that Luigi was missing lol...
No offense to you, but I never get the whole 'I didn't even notice Luigi isn't in the game'.

I mean, sure, he's an unlockable from 64 to Brawl. Sure, Mario looks similiar to him (And iirc there was even a green Mario alt). But a Smash Bros feels incomplete if Luigi is not in.

I mean, he's probably the 2nd most popular Mario character (Second only to Mario himself). He appeared in almost every game Mario is in. Gained his own personality. Gained his own games. Gained his own year.

Kinda feel impossible for people to not notice his absence. But I myself is a Luigi fan so I view this from Luigi fan's perspective so IDK.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh, I really don't care about Luigi being in SSF2. As a matter of fact, I really don't care about SSF2 in general because I'm not a big fan of computer games. It's so boring now these days compared to video games.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Meh, I really don't care about Luigi being in SSF2. As a matter of fact, I really don't care about SSF2 in general because I'm not a big fan of computer games. It's so boring now these days compared to video games.
It's way to play Smash while also using your computer.

But I'm pretty sure at least one of you want her to be in.

I mean, she's already in...

Just as a flipping background character.

And there's no way she's that short.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

SSF2 is literally a Smash game through and through. It's a flash game you can play in your browser or you can download it. It plays very similarly to Smash 4 though, so I can't see why it being on a computer would make it more boring. It even has an online mode and you can always hook up a controller.

Sure, it doesn't have many of the characters in Smash 4 (including Rosalina, who is only in it as a background character, and they've already said they won't change that as her Smash 4 moveset would be too difficult to program for them anyway), as it started development when Brawl came out, and even characters who did make it to Smash 4 eventually like Mega Man, play completely differently to the Smash 4 incarnation. But it's still really fun to play, and of course, they have a few fan favourite characters that most likely aren't ever gonna make it into the official series. For me personally, I adore playing as Black Mage, and if I get back into it, I will likely make Sora one of my mains too, since I am really getting back into Kingdom Hearts lately, and I recall him having a very fun and technical playstyle in the game.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Mega Man got a moveset revamp. He now has similiar moveset to his SSB4 counterpart.

Luigi also got a moveset that is directly taken from SSB4. Straight taken, if I recall right. But with Melee physics I wonder how he'll fares?

SSF2 is literally a Smash game through and through. It's a flash game you can play in your browser or you can download it. It plays very similarly to Smash 4 though, so I can't see why it being on a computer would make it more boring. It even has an online mode and you can always hook up a controller.
Actually, SSF2 plays a lot more like Melee. The gameplay is much faster than Smash 64, Brawl, or 4 while also having hocus-pocus techs that are similiar to Melee's (Pseudo-wavedashes, automatic L-cancelling, edgehog, spikes and meteor smashes being different things, etc).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It still doesn't mean I'm interested in the game though, no matter how fun people say it looks or whatever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man got a moveset revamp. He now has similiar moveset to his SSB4 counterpart.

Luigi also got a moveset that is directly taken from SSB4. Straight taken, if I recall right. But with Melee physics I wonder how he'll fares?

Actually, SSF2 plays a lot more like Melee. The gameplay is much faster than Smash 64, Brawl, or 4 while also having hocus-pocus techs that are similiar to Melee's (Pseudo-wavedashes, automatic L-cancelling, edgehog, spikes and meteor smashes being different things, etc).
I've played it and it feels way more like Smash 4 than Melee IMO.

Automatic L-cancelling isn't really L-cancelling either...that's just less landing lag on moves.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No offense to you, but I never get the whole 'I didn't even notice Luigi isn't in the game'.

I mean, sure, he's an unlockable from 64 to Brawl. Sure, Mario looks similiar to him (And iirc there was even a green Mario alt). But a Smash Bros feels incomplete if Luigi is not in.

I mean, he's probably the 2nd most popular Mario character (Second only to Mario himself). He appeared in almost every game Mario is in. Gained his own personality. Gained his own games. Gained his own year.

Kinda feel impossible for people to not notice his absence. But I myself is a Luigi fan so I view this from Luigi fan's perspective so IDK.
Um... that's because I'm kind of with Tino, I don't really care much about SSF2, if I have paying attention on that game, I might notice.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
does anyone think that Geno does fit in Super Mario Galaxy better than Mario does and make more sense? maybe we can have more epic story than the one that we got and better gameplay? this game is about space and stars seeing Mario breathing in space is weird.

WOW...JUST WOW

Seriously, Rosalina gets some of the highest quality fan art.
look like Pokemon aime.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean Super Mario Galaxy doesn't make sense to happen plot wise to begin with because it literally should have been impossible for Bowser to get away with stealing the Power Stars from Rosalina, as she could have handled him herself the moment she noticed them being pulled away from the Observatory.

But I see what you mean, it makes more sense for a being of the stars such as Geno, to be like Rosalina's equivalent to Palutena's Pit, than it does for Mario to be that. It's a popular fan theory that the "higher power" who sent Geno to help Mario, was Rosalina. But that obviously can't be canon since Rosalina wasn't conceived when Super Mario RPG was made, and that game and all of it's original characters were created by Squaresoft, who had nothing to do with Super Mario Galaxy's or Rosalina's creation.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I mean Super Mario Galaxy doesn't make sense to happen plot wise to begin with because it literally should have been impossible for Bowser to get away with stealing the Power Stars from Rosalina, as she could have handled him herself the moment she noticed them being pulled away from the Observatory.

But I see what you mean, it makes more sense for a being of the stars such as Geno, to be like Rosalina's equivalent to Palutena's Pit, than it does for Mario to be that. It's a popular fan theory that the "higher power" who sent Geno to help Mario, was Rosalina. But that obviously can't be canon since Rosalina wasn't conceived when Super Mario RPG was made, and that game and all of it's original characters were created by Squaresoft, who had nothing to do with Super Mario Galaxy's or Rosalina's creation.
Not like pit to palutena because Geno is in a higher level than this because he is able to do a lot of things that rosalina is unable to do it, but she could help Geno to find the place that He wants faster and maybe creating "something"
but I really don't understand why a lot of fans thinks the "higher athority" would be Rosalina she has nothing to do with the star spirits she only controls luma

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Uh, so e of the planets had an atmosphere, and anyway, and he as well sustained being twisted by several different gravity forces in few seconds, going between completely different temperatures, running infaticably and finally being able to wall-jump endless times, while most of the time a human can perform Tic Tac only once, so it's not that far off that he doesn't need to breath im the space.
On the top of that, the developers probably thought would be frustrating having the Air mechanic there, some level are completely in the outer space.

For what concerns SSF2, I certainly am not going to drop Fox for Luigi, mainly because of his traction stuff, and it's not like SSF2 completely took Melee's mechanics, I'm pretty sure that staling didn't affect the hits of the same attack.
Also the PC is pretty much the easiest platform to develop games, he simply has the highest chance of getting good indie/flash games. In fact I have come into contact not only with SSF2 but as well as RPGs inspired to Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Zelda 2 with great effort into them.
Thinking at it for a life-long fan of Metal Slug is quite frustrating.

Edit:uh, "controlling Luma" isn't at all the correct sentence to explain what she is capable of.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not like pit to palutena because Geno is in a higher level than this because he is able to do a lot of things that rosalina is unable to do it, but she could help Geno to find the place that He wants faster and maybe creating "something"
but I really don't understand why a lot of fans thinks the "higher athority" would be Rosalina she has nothing to do with the star spirits she only controls luma
Rosalina is a literal goddess. Technically, nothing in the Mario universe exists without her, Geno included.

And no, she doesn't rely on the power of the Lumas. Rosalina doesn't ever use Lumas to her advantage in Mario games. She only uses Luma in Smash because they needed a puppet fighter, and Rosalina & Luma make sense as they have a strong bond.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
It's pretty likely that it's the other way around, since Lumas can use Gravitokinesis only on themselves, Rosalina can do that on others as well, if Rosalina borrowed their power, Lumas would be able to use gravity on others themselves, same goes for Cosmokinesis.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is a literal goddess. Technically, nothing in the Mario universe exists without her, Geno included.

And no, she doesn't rely on the power of the Lumas. Rosalina doesn't ever use Lumas to her advantage in Mario games. She only uses Luma in Smash because they needed a puppet fighter, and Rosalina & Luma make sense as they have a strong bond.
And just like what Palutena had mentioned before, Lumas will do anything to protect her, that means they have a strong bond together.
So , returning to the hacking scene , I was able to port Mario Kart 7 Standard Kart (Size L) currently , only Rosalina's.
Tha kart's texture is still like DS...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Oh that?

Ages ago :laugh:

She always appears in place of Waluigi

I even made a texture hack of Wario's unused Kart so Rosalina can have an unique Kart

Awesome. You probably did a better job adding an extra character into the main game than Sakurai did! Is there footage of this?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Awesome. You probably did a better job adding an extra character into the main game than Sakurai did! Is there footage of this?
There's footage of Rosalina in MKDS in my youtube channel.

However , not as CPU since im playing as her , lol

Also , i need to update since the model used in the videos is a low poly model from MKWii ; Currently i was able to update it and use MK7 model instead.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
There's footage of Rosalina in MKDS in my youtube channel.

However , not as CPU since im playing as her , lol

Also , i need to update since the model used in the videos is a low poly model from MKWii ; Currently i was able to update it and use MK7 model instead.
Since you hacked MKDS, how do the COM (I like this word better) karts race? Do they use rubber banding? I heard that the 1st place COM has a maxed speed stat no matter what the kart.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since you hacked MKDS, how do the COM (I like this word better) karts race? Do they use rubber banding? I heard that the 1st place COM has a maxed speed stat no matter what the kart.
Well , based on experience (i play a lot since i test a lot of things)

I could notice that CPU's in MKDS rubberband considerably , however sometimes they slow down so you can catch up. But overall they can get a big adventage at the star. You can notice , much like in many Mario Karts that 2 or 3 (usually 2 in DS) CPU karts are faster than the rest , as in a rival way , however it's not pre-set as in MK7. The 2 or 3 leading CPU at the start of the race will start with a super boost but sometimes , the ones behind will do. Also , the Fastest CPU will most likely choose the Kart that matches yours (If you select the Kart with Small tires they will choose theirs ; if you choose the Standard Kart they will choose that too)

There's really nothing special in MKDS CPU to be honest ; Just the usual , 2 are smart and fast and the rest are not , and 2 others are really bad , placing in last regularly ; It's all random.

On a side note, i been noticing that in any game Rosalina appears as playable (Mario Kart games) her CPU is terrible. Always placing in lastest places and rarely is taken as a ''rival cpu'' , unless you are playing Mario Kart 7 as a character with a pre-set Rosalina rival , such as Toad. And while i know that this can vary depending on the race or CPU set , i couldn't help but notice that everytime im playing with Rosalina as CPU , hers is really bad.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Kart DS was quite a tricky one when I played it. Whenever I played the higher engine classes, the rvial CPUs became so fast that it was nearly impossible for me to get a 3-star ranking for a GP.

Of course, I don't own the game, as this was before I got Mario Kart 7.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Mario Kart DS was quite a tricky one when I played it. Whenever I played the higher engine classes, the rvial CPUs became so fast that it was nearly impossible for me to get a 3-star ranking for a GP.

For me, with every Mario Kart game except the first one, I always struggle in the higher CCs until I beat it. Then when I leisurely go back to them, I manage to just about always beat the harder CPUs almost effortlessly. Super Mario Kart is really the exception to me because unlike the others, even Super Circuit, the controls in the first just feel so weird to me like I just can't get around adapting to them the same way.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For me, with every Mario Kart game except the first one, I always struggle in the higher CCs until I beat it. Then when I leisurely go back to them, I manage to just about always beat the harder CPUs almost effortlessly. Super Mario Kart is really the exception to me because unlike the others, even Super Circuit, the controls in the first just feel so weird to me like I just can't get around adapting to them the same way.
I guess the main problem with Mario Kart DS was its over-reliance on snaking. Even Double Dash!! didn't require you to always snake all over the place to win GP races.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I guess the main problem with Mario Kart DS was its over-reliance on snaking. Even Double Dash!! didn't require you to always snake all over the place to win GP races.
Not really.

It's not like the CPU uses ''snaking'' or it's insalnely hard.

Having a solid score on DS is easy , but the star rating it's pretty random like in MKWii , so there's that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I get used to 100cc on Mario DD and MKWii, and 150cc on MK7, I somehow feel 100cc slow when playing MK7.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

Geno and the star spirits does live in star heaven and watch over the world and grant wishes, rosalina can't grant wishes she doesn't have ability to do it
And why do you think rosalina is a goddess? I played Mario galaxy she never said that.
She is a very powerful figure, as her duty is to watch over and protect the cosmos, while also serving as the adopted mother of the Lumas, and commanding the Comet Observtory that doesn't mean she became a goddess she is still a human but with power
I feel the "higher athority" is someone that's in a higher level than Rosalina

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm so sorry.

But

Citation needed , like really.

Rosalina is really special , but it's rather unpleasant to put her in a pedestal , it's just not working , for any character.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
i want to share this video to Rosalina fans its never gets old even if 5 years has already passed
Rosalina in these videos all look great!

And the keychain that acestarthe3rd got at the end of this video is so cute. And what do you guys think of this recent tier list?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Geno and the star spirits does live in star heaven and watch over the world and grant wishes, rosalina can't grant wishes she doesn't have ability to do it
And why do you think rosalina is a goddess? I played Mario galaxy she never said that.
She is a very powerful figure, as her duty is to watch over and protect the cosmos, while also serving as the adopted mother of the Lumas, and commanding the Comet Observtory that doesn't mean she became a goddess she is still a human but with power
I feel the "higher athority" is someone that's in a higher level than Rosalina
Rosalina literally created the universe multiple times over, which would include the Star Heavan, and she has lived for an uncountable amount of time.

She's a goddess. Gods and goddesses tend to have the role of authority and responsibility over something and carry out that responsibility with unfathomable powers. That's exactly what Rosalina does, down to a tee, not to mention outright creating the universe multiple times over. She doesn't need to say she is a goddess, because her role in the game is exactly what a goddess is.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Rosalina literally created the universe multiple times over, which would include the Star Heavan, and she has lived for an uncountable amount of time.

She's a goddess. Gods and goddesses tend to have the role of authority and responsibility over something and carry out that responsibility with unfathomable powers. That's exactly what Rosalina does, down to a tee, not to mention outright creating the universe multiple times over. She doesn't need to say she is a goddess, because her role in the game is exactly what a goddess is.
still saying Rosalina is a goddness is not a canon.

lets see what Rosalina said in the game:
"Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday. When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way.... So...you'll see."
"Yes... All new life... Carries the essence of stars... Even all of you..."
"I will watch over you from beyond the stars."
"This planet... It's very dear to me. I looked forward to visiting this planet with the Lumas every one hundred years... The Luma that's been traveling with you may also grow up to become a star someday. Some Lumas become planets...some become comets...and a few become Power Stars. I'm traveling with them while they look for a place to be reborn. But I never thought all this would happen..."
"Mario...so you were the one who collected all of the scattered stars...I want to thank you...your deeds will live on in the memory of the cosmos..."

she didnt say "i created the universe" and all of what happend at the end of Mario galaxy was because of Star/Sun and the Lumas not because of Rosalina, she werent the one who created the universe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom