• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just found out that one of the best Smash 4 players in Ireland is a Rosalina player. They were first on the power rankings last month, though they have been knocked down to second (by a Peach player) for this month.

Here is a set with the two players. Video is dated back to May.

And here are the current Power Rankings:

I also have played against that Koopa there online a few times, and I can back the statement up, he's amazing, barely leaves ANY openings. Last time I played him I seemed to match him well with my Rosalina, so that makes me feel a bit more confident about my Rosalina play. That was a little while ago though.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I just found out that one of the best Smash 4 players in Ireland is a Rosalina player. They were first on the power rankings last month, though they have been knocked down to second (by a Peach player) for this month.

Here is a set with the two players. Video is dated back to May.

And here are the current Power Rankings:

I also have played against that Koopa there online a few times, and I can back the statement up, he's amazing, barely leaves ANY openings. Last time I played him I seemed to match him well with my Rosalina, so that makes me feel a bit more confident about my Rosalina play. That was a little while ago though.
Hey, I remember that Peach player! I sub his Youtube channel for a long time.
I also had noticed Youtube play bar has change as well.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh hey, one of my favourite Rosalina fan artists came out with another picture again, after a long hiatus.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Back with some more Rosalina pictures :p I'll post a bunch at once this time!

Bonus: The Angry Luma

Also, just out of sheer curiosity, are there any alt costumes of Rosalina you guys would have liked to see? I'm surprised (and kinda disappointed) that we didn't get the Cosmic Spirit from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Like, it wouldn't have been too hard, either...would it? The underside of her dress is already a similar texture to this--it would just have to be upscaled and applied to her whole body, almost like the effect from a metal box.

...Am I alone on that thought?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Also, just out of sheer curiosity, are there any alt costumes of Rosalina you guys would have liked to see? I'm surprised (and kinda disappointed) that we didn't get the Cosmic Spirit from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Like, it wouldn't have been too hard, either...would it? The underside of her dress is already a similar texture to this--it would just have to be upscaled and applied to her whole body, almost like the effect from a metal box.

Nice pics that takes a good look at Rosalina's facial expressions!

You are absolutely not alone, @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku had share this idea to us too before. I think it's a great idea.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I remember I once said that they should've given her the Little Mac treatment by not just having 8 different colors but also giving her 8 different colors for her Cosmic Spirit alt as well.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hey guys, I just found out that Rosalina has 184 voice files in Super Mario 3D World! That's so many voice files! I don't even know why there are that many when you barely get to hear a few of them. Also, some of them sound a little inconsistent. Like sometimes her some voice clips reminds me of White Mage's voice from Mario Sports Mix (who was voiced by Deanna Mustard, the voice of Daisy). Sometimes, there are weird sound distortions (not like her usual echoey voice) within some voice clips and I think it's because of how it was recorded. Other times, it's like she gets a very low tone of voice or an off-pitch kinda voice compared to the rest of her voice clips. That's how it kinda sounds, at least to me in general.

Oh hey, one of my favourite Rosalina fan artists came out with another picture again, after a long hiatus.
It's a very nice drawing! The only critique I'd give the artist is that the hands could have been drawn a little better, the wrist made a little thicker, and the breast line shorter.

From the shoulder to elbow (or upper arm), her arm looks like an average width, but from the elbow to the wrist (or forearm) it gets rather thin. It's probably just fine as it is, but her upper arm sleeves give off the impression that her arm is thicker in general. As for her hands (mainly her right), I think it could have been drawn with smoother edges. It's really great for the most part (it's even anatomically correct!) but her hands feels a tad masculine with those sharper edges on her right hand. It feels like one hand is more feminine than the other, so it's more of a comparison between the two hands than anything (but that's how I perceive it). Lastly, her breast line reaches a little to far above. It should be a little shorter, being slightly closer to her underarm. That way it looks like the dress fits her body properly and so that it looks like it supports her body better. This is probably only thing that should actually be worked on.

Overall, it's still a very nice image, especially with some of its vibrant yet soft colors and its nicely done shading. Plus, Pikachu is pretty cute on Rosalina's lap. :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to your video sonicbrawler182! Make sure to take your time with it.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku
where did you find all of those voice clips for Rosalina? I'd love to hear some of those to hear what they sound like. Your description has made me pretty curious.

Also, it feels weird to me, going back to play Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Kart 7, and hearing almost all of Rosalina's smash 4 sounds.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey guys, I just found out that Rosalina has 184 voice files in Super Mario 3D World! That's so many voice files! I don't even know why there are that many when you barely get to hear a few of them. Also, some of them sound a little inconsistent. Like sometimes her some voice clips reminds me of White Mage's voice from Mario Sports Mix (who was voiced by Deanna Mustard, the voice of Daisy). Sometimes, there are weird sound distortions (not like her usual echoey voice) within some voice clips and I think it's because of how it was recorded. Other times, it's like she gets a very low tone of voice or an off-pitch kinda voice compared to the rest of her voice clips. That's how it kinda sounds, at least to me in general.

It's a very nice drawing! The only critique I'd give the artist is that the hands could have been drawn a little better, the wrist made a little thicker, and the breast line shorter.

From the shoulder to elbow (or upper arm), her arm looks like an average width, but from the elbow to the wrist (or forearm) it gets rather thin. It's probably just fine as it is, but her upper arm sleeves give off the impression that her arm is thicker in general. As for her hands (mainly her right), I think it could have been drawn with smoother edges. It's really great for the most part (it's even anatomically correct!) but her hands feels a tad masculine with those sharper edges on her right hand. It feels like one hand is more feminine than the other, so it's more of a comparison between the two hands than anything (but that's how I perceive it). Lastly, her breast line reaches a little to far above. It should be a little shorter, being slightly closer to her underarm. That way it looks like the dress fits her body properly and so that it looks like it supports her body better. This is probably only thing that should actually be worked on.

Overall, it's still a very nice image, especially with some of its vibrant yet soft colors and its nicely done shading. Plus, Pikachu is pretty cute on Rosalina's lap. :)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to your video sonicbrawler182! Make sure to take your time with it.
184 voice files? You're kidding me right? I hope I can hear those soundclips. I bet they are amazing, even are just short tone it would be nice.

And if you see behind the bush, some people are being jealous lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aside from Cosmic Spirit, the only other one I see being feasible is Fire Rosalina with the pony tail, but we aren't getting that.

If they could make Biker Rosalina and Cat Rosalina work then fantastic, but I don't see it happening.

If we're critiquing, my only real issue is the chest seems weirdly flat. It looks like they were trying to give her more of a bust (especially based on previous drawings they have done, including a nude one), but they failed to nail the perspective, and so it just looks like it's flat with lines drawn on. Her chest area just lacks any sort of definition, I guess, in this image, which looks odd as due to the lines, there is definitely supposed to be something there.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Aside from Cosmic Spirit, the only other one I see being feasible is Fire Rosalina with the pony tail, but we aren't getting that.

If they could make Biker Rosalina and Cat Rosalina work then fantastic, but I don't see it happening.

If we're critiquing, my only real issue is the chest seems weirdly flat. It looks like they were trying to give her more of a bust (especially based on previous drawings they have done, including a nude one), but they failed to nail the perspective, and so it just looks like it's flat with lines drawn on. Her chest area just lacks any sort of definition, I guess, in this image, which looks odd as due to the lines, there is definitely supposed to be something there.
Her chest being flat? Only a little bit in my opinion, but overall the artwork looks fine.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The artwork looks fine to me. It doesn't have to be perfect but it's still fine work.
How do you think about Megaman in that artwork? Are there any things that needs to improve?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How do you think about Megaman in that artwork? Are there any things that needs to improve?
I just said the artwork looks fine even though Mega Man does look a little childish. He must be feeling really comfortable sitting right next to her.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Please remember to "not" bring up sexual topics here.
I knew you are gonna say that...

If female users don't feel uncomfortable about this, I think it's okay to just slightly criticize her chest. @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , if you feel uncomfortable be sure to tell us, we will stop.
I just said the artwork looks fine even though Mega Man does look a little childish. He must be feeling really comfortable sitting right next to her.
Who doesn't? lol

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I knew you are gonna say that...

If female users don't feel uncomfortable about this, I think it's okay to just slightly criticize her chest. @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , if you feel uncomfortable be sure to tell us, we will stop.

Who doesn't? lol
The moment they brought up that...well..."that", it was only a matter of time.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku
where did you find all of those voice clips for Rosalina? I'd love to hear some of those to hear what they sound like. Your description has made me pretty curious.

Also, it feels weird to me, going back to play Mario Golf: World Tour and Mario Kart 7, and hearing almost all of Rosalina's smash 4 sounds.
I got them here:
http://www.sounds-resource.com/wii_u/supermario3dworld/sound/4728/

All her voice clips are from number 2424 to 2607. Go ahead and take a look if you want.

By the way, does anyone still play Mario Golf: World Tour online any more? I feel like no one does because everyone moved on. The only reason I still play that game is to get the character themed gear from tournaments and to finish the Moon Coin challenges (which I still haven't finished).

184 voice files? You're kidding me right? I hope I can hear those soundclips. I bet they are amazing, even are just short tone it would be nice.
Go ahead and check out the link I posted above. Just know that it's a very large file, 96.61 MB.

Your critique is pretty spot on. To add to that, I think the dress cutting off at the shoulders could have been higher, but it still wouldn't change what you mentioned It could help though.

Her chest being flat? Only a little bit in my opinion, but overall the artwork looks fine.
The artwork looks fine to me. It doesn't have to be perfect but it's still fine work.
It also looks pretty good to me too.

Please remember to "not" bring up sexual topics here.
Don't worry. It won't ever reach that point since it's a simple critique. If it ever does cross the line, I'll cease talking about the topic and move on.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario Golf never interested me much. I love Rosalina's portrayal and animations in it (the other characters have great ones too), but the game doesn't interest me as a whole. Even if Rosalina was enough to make me want the game, I'd still be forking out extra money for her since she's DLC, and she costs as much as a Smash DLC character, which isn't justified in hindsight, IMO. I know she comes with courses, but that's not as much as getting say, Ryu, Suzaku Castle, and the Ryu trophies, for BOTH versions of Smash, for the same price as Rosalina and some golf holes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got them here:
http://www.sounds-resource.com/wii_u/supermario3dworld/sound/4728/

All her voice clips are from number 2424 to 2607. Go ahead and take a look if you want.

By the way, does anyone still play Mario Golf: World Tour online any more? I feel like no one does because everyone moved on. The only reason I still play that game is to get the character themed gear from tournaments and to finish the Moon Coin challenges (which I still haven't finished).

Go ahead and check out the link I posted above. Just know that it's a very large file, 96.61 MB.

Your critique is pretty spot on. To add to that, I think the dress cutting off at the shoulders could have been higher, but it still wouldn't change what you mentioned It could help though.

It also looks pretty good to me too.

Don't worry. It won't ever reach that point since it's a simple critique. If it ever does cross the line, I'll cease talking about the topic and move on.
Okay, I'll go check it out soon.

yeah, I also think the artwork left her shoulder bare a bit too much.

Nah, I personally think that kind of topic shouldn't appear too often.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have not touched Mario Golf: World Tour in a long while. I remember I did finished the Star Coin challenges but not the moon Coin challenges. I might consider picking the game back up, play as Rosalina and attempt to finish the remaining challenges again. As far as the online, I have not played it online since the day I bought it. I do love how Rosalina was portrayed in this game. Her animations is just amazing.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Mario Golf never interested me much. I love Rosalina's portrayal and animations in it (the other characters have great ones too), but the game doesn't interest me as a whole. Even if Rosalina was enough to make me want the game, I'd still be forking out extra money for her since she's DLC, and she costs as much as a Smash DLC character, which isn't justified in hindsight, IMO. I know she comes with courses, but that's not as much as getting say, Ryu, Suzaku Castle, and the Ryu trophies, for BOTH versions of Smash, for the same price as Rosalina and some golf holes.
I used to like Mario Golf (well the only one I liked was Toadstool Tour), but Mario Golf World Tour didn't interest me at first. However, when I heard Rosalina and Toadette were gonna be in it as DLC, I gladly bought the game beforehand. I knew what I was getting myself into since I played previous installments and looked up current gameplay videos/ info. I gotta agree with you there on the price/content she comes with. It's pretty much why I went with the bundle instead of buying them individually, even though it was kinda pricey.

I have not touched Mario Golf: World Tour in a long while. I remember I did finished the Star Coin challenges but not the moon Coin challenges. I might consider picking the game back up, play as Rosalina and attempt to finish the remaining challenges again. As far as the online, I have not played it online since the day I bought it. I do love how Rosalina was portrayed in this game. Her animations is just amazing.
I'd say don't bother with playing online (aside from tournaments) because nobody is there anymore. Plus, you can't even play as DLC characters online unless others have the DLC too. It's such a really stupid and dumb thing to do.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd say don't bother with playing online (aside from tournaments) because nobody is there anymore. Plus, you can't even play as DLC characters online unless others have the DLC too. It's such a really stupid and dumb thing to do.
Heh heh heh...That really is stupid. And of course nobody is online in that game anymore especially with Smash Bros. 3DS out. If I ever find the time and effort, I'll play that game again just for the hell of it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The first time the person who uploaded them missed Many of them , i remember since i checked like 5 times. Lol

I could actually hear them straight from the Files since a friend got into the game files but he didn't know how to rip the clips , unlike me , like i did with MK7.

As for the other part, to me it sounds like it's just a variation to give her different emtions as there are just that many voice clips.
Sometimes she is just '' Yah....'' , other times she is more enthusiastic and goes ''Whoohooo!'' and other times she is just like ''Here i go!'' but overall this is hands down Laura's best performance , as well as the most pleasant to hear. Deanna didn't voice White Mage , i think it was Bianca Allen as listed in the wiki (and IIRC the credits too) meanwhile a different voice actress was in the DS Basketball game.

Finally i find odd you got a sound quality issue , since all of the clips sound perfectly find to me.

Fun Fact: Out of the 5 playable characters , Rosalina has the least voice clips. As all the others have title screen and the first cutscene voices , while Rosalina lacks those.
And Toad has the most , if we count Captain Toad. Moreover , Sam Kelly was the VA with more voice work than anyother in this game just because of this. Kinda Funny only 3 actors where needed to voice 5 characters.

And some Rosalina screenshots:

And this to change a bit ... lol

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Heh heh heh...That really is stupid. And of course nobody is online in that game anymore especially with Smash Bros. 3DS out. If I ever find the time and effort, I'll play that game again just for the hell of it.
There are still people play Smash 3DS, but sometimes like 4 player matches I do find some time that I can't find players.

The first time the person who uploaded them missed Many of them , i remember since i checked like 5 times. Lol

I could actually hear them straight from the Files since a friend got into the game files but he didn't know how to rip the clips , unlike me , like i did with MK7.

As for the other part, to me it sounds like it's just a variation to give her different emtions as there are just that many voice clips.
Sometimes she is just '' Yah....'' , other times she is more enthusiastic and goes ''Whoohooo!'' and other times she is just like ''Here i go!'' but overall this is hands down Laura's best performance , as well as the most pleasant to hear. Deanna didn't voice White Mage , i think it was Bianca Allen as listed in the wiki (and IIRC the credits too) meanwhile a different voice actress was in the DS Basketball game.

Finally i find odd you got a sound quality issue , since all of the clips sound perfectly find to me.

Fun Fact: Out of the 5 playable characters , Rosalina has the least voice clips. As all the others have title screen and the first cutscene voices , while Rosalina lacks those.
And Toad has the most , if we count Captain Toad. Moreover , Sam Kelly was the VA with more voice work than anyother in this game just because of this. Kinda Funny only 3 actors where needed to voice 5 characters.

And some Rosalina screenshots:

And this to change a bit ... lol
How did you make the last pic? Is this a hack or something?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
There are still people play Smash 3DS, but sometimes like 4 player matches I do find some time that I can't find players.
Apparently, I've been falling back from using my 3DS as I've been finding myself using my Wii U more often during the work week, which I can use to finish some of the games I yet to finish.

And on a side note:
Today is my birthday! :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Apparently, I've been falling back from using my 3DS as I've been finding myself using my Wii U more often during the work week, which I can use to finish some of the games I yet to finish.

And on a side note:
Today is my birthday! :)
I'm still playing my 3DS because, well...it's my only console to play.
My brother is gonna get Wii U this week, sadly it's a Japanese Wii U so I can't put my NNID. But I can still play Smash online with my brother's ID.

Happy birthday Tino!

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Witchcraft? You mean you photoshop it?
No. This is the future. The future is very bright.
I came back from the future to show you all the future roster of Super Mario Kart 8.

12 Rosalina's are Cruiser Weight , the other 12 are Medium Weight and the last 12 Are Heavy Weight.

The Medium weight Rosalina's are voiced by Laura Faye Smith

The Cruiser Weight Rosalina's are voiced by Kerri Kane and the Heavy weight Rosalina's are voiced by Iggy Azalea.

The 48 tracks in the game are variations of Rosalina's Ice World.

And it's set to be released early in 2016. :secretkpop:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No. This is the future. The future is very bright.
I came back from the future to show you all the future roster of Super Mario Kart 8.

12 Rosalina's are Cruiser Weight , the other 12 are Medium Weight and the last 12 Are Heavy Weight.

The Medium weight Rosalina's are voiced by Laura Faye Smith

The Cruiser Weight Rosalina's are voiced by Kerri Kane and the Heavy weight Rosalina's are voiced by Iggy Azalea.

The 48 tracks in the game are variations of Rosalina's Ice World.

And it's set to be released early in 2016. :secretkpop:
Just tell me that it's a hack...
This can just be called Rosalina Kart then LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom