• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That's why we love Sakurai, he might already knew about Nintendo keep adding her in many Mario games. Like I just hate that everyone think that she's in Smash as a surprise. That's why I don't really like Bowser Jr. ,and Dr.Mario(As a totally individual character) in Smash, I was really hope that she is the only newcomer in this new game. And just who knows which Mario game will she appeared in?
Sometimes it seems that one's opinion of Sakurai
depends on the performance of said person's favorite character
in Smash.

Your character does well? Sakurai is great.
Character got nerfed? Sakurai is an idiot.

Just look at the Zelda social for some pages of bashing
his menu designs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll probably be weird for me to still post Mario Kart 8 screenshots, but I just had some that I just felt like showing...

Paradox0

Smash Rookie
Weird glitch I noticed in Smash Tour with Luma (unfortunately it was too late for me to take a pic by the time I realized it). Rosalina selected the Metal Box, and after the effect wore off on her, Luma still had the metallic texture throughout the rest of the fight.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hi everyone! Rosalina is one of my mains and was one of my top three most wanted newcomers (I kind of flipped out when she was revealed, lol.) Maybe I should have introduced myself here earlier, but better late than never. Anyways, I hope I'll be able to help progress Rosalina's metagame as well as become friendly with everyone here. :)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Weird glitch I noticed in Smash Tour with Luma (unfortunately it was too late for me to take a pic by the time I realized it). Rosalina selected the Metal Box, and after the effect wore off on her, Luma still had the metallic texture throughout the rest of the fight.
Did you notice if Luma remained heavy in addition to being metal-textured?

Hi everyone! Rosalina is one of my mains and was one of my top three most wanted newcomers (I kind of flipped out when she was revealed, lol.) Maybe I should have introduced myself here earlier, but better late than never. Anyways, I hope I'll be able to help progress Rosalina's metagame as well as become friendly with everyone here. :)

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Is this even a thing? I admittedly haven't explored items much beyond surviving Classic mode, but I wouldn't actually expect Luma to become heavy when metal.
not sure but on a semi-related note, when shrunk by a lightning bolt or poison mushroom rosalina can launch luma waaaay further than she can at normal size

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's not 3D World, it's Captain Toad. Rosalina doesn't need an Easter Egg in 3D World since she is a playable character I'm that game.
Oh, I was going to say it's Captain Toad, oh well, since I didn't Captain Toad........
Sometimes it seems that one's opinion of Sakurai
depends on the performance of said person's favorite character
in Smash.

Your character does well? Sakurai is great.
Character got nerfed? Sakurai is an idiot.

Just look at the Zelda social for some pages of bashing
his menu designs.
I'm not that kind of petson.
My opinion just comes from my personal ideal of Smash Bros. Not because the performace of my favorite character(I'm okay that Rosalina got nerfed a bit, but that dosen't mean I hate Sakurai)
I just think that this roster has too many Mario characters again, ever since Brawl seems that Super Mario characters dominates over 1/7 of the roster, making you doubt if Smash Bros is still a Nintendo all star game?
Bowser Jr has never been my most wanted newcomer list, and heck Dr.Mario is back as an individual character?(Of course that Sakurai dosen't want to make people think that he took Project M's idea), and I'm one of the people who didn't believe the leak, and I kept railing all over Smashboards threadduring the first week after that leak.
And I my ideal Smash Bros is actually that ever elements(Like Story Mode Cutscenes),characters,and other. This could be a chance that Sakurai can put all of these things back, at least on the Wii U.
I still think Sakurai is great, even though he sometimes say things that might made us rage or disappointed.
Wonder what appened if that crown was real.

Agatha stated that this cosplay was based on a fanart she saw in the end of 2014 about "nintendo chicks with a black dress.
So where is that fanart? I'm quite curious to see it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The fan art in question doesn't actually have Rosalina in it. I saw it on Facebook.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just think that this roster has too many Mario characters again, ever since Brawl seems that Super Mario characters dominates over 1/7 of the roster, making you doubt if Smash Bros is still a Nintendo all star game?
Well the title of the game itself is an allusion to Super Mario Bros.
so...

There being a lot of Mario characters goes back even further,
even in 64 Mario was one of the only franchises to get two reps
(excluding characters with their own logo like Yoshi and DK) along with
Pokemon (you'll also notice Pokemon is a close second in terms of reps
throughout the series). Melee added Dr. Mario, Bowser and Peach, so that's
5 characters now out of 25, 1/5th.

Kirisamee

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-3757-2156
so...

It makes sense though, since Super Mario and Pokemon are the best-sellers when it comes to Nintendo franchises. Still, it does look like a bit much to me.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
so...

In Melee both Mario and Zelda git roughly five characters, but this time a bit overloaded, seven! The first franchise to have seven characters! Supposed I hate Mario series but love Smash Bros, you know how I might feel.
Overall of course nobody is 100% satisfied with this roster, so I guess we have to get thruogh with it...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
For reference, in Australia the only Wave 3 amiibos that can still be preordered on the EB Games website is Bowser and Rosalina. Either she is not as popular here, or she's stocked plenty for being a Mario character, you decide.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looked this up some more after reading the comments. Apparently, there are a bunch of news outlets saying either she isn't coming back for pre order, or she is. It's pretty 50/50.
The ones saying she is are incorrect. The source for that is Target's "AskTarget" Twitter account. The source for the statement she isn't coming back comes direct from the top of their PR team.

PR team is higher up, so naturally, their information is more accurate. The Twitter account likely just didn't have access to the information and made an assumption. Or their information is outdated.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
After watching Dabuz vs. Nairo casuals at Collision yesterday, I came to conclusion that the :4metaknight: match-up, in a nutshell is like this:
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
SHIELD DIMENSIONAL CAPE
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
Juggle
Juggle
Juggle
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
Jab
Edgeguard
Stock
Profit
Jab with Luma eats the world and half, he cannot approagh from the air or he gets juggled, and Dair edgeguards him effectively.
He can juggle, combo and egeguard for nasty damage, but that's never going to happen as long as there is Luma, and his only option that can beat the afermentioned Jab is the dimensional cape, wich is surely buffed from his Brawl self but is far from unpunishable.
I can't tell if those matches were like this because of Nairo or because of the character, but they were fun nevertheless.
On a side note, it looks like not rarely The Great Finale from Bowser's Inside story is a prominently favourite sountrack on Mario Galaxy stage.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
It's been a while. I use Rosalina's black dress now.

I don't use Star Bits enough. Any suggestions on how?

Also, lol @ the Cosmo under Rosalina's gown.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's been a while. I use Rosalina's black dress now.

I don't use Star Bits enough. Any suggestions on how?

Also, lol @ the Cosmo under Rosalina's gown.
I haven't use her for quite a long time, so does playing Smash...
Gosh, I had own Smash 3DS for months( But not frequently), and yeah I still don't have a Wii U.
I am quite down on my Smash skill these days....
I haven't use Rosalina for quite a while, not to mention using her online. I use Mario, Toon Link online. And these days, I've found out that even though some players suck but I hate the ones who uses same annoying moves again and again and helping other win...... and play 1v1 I just somehow can't KO people. My air attack ability sucks, can't hit opponent so accurately....
Yep, I just want to release the depression of my experience online. I just kept wondering, is it because I am suck? Or it just because I am on 3DS?(No C stick) "Sigh" Can anyone give me suggestions and advice? Or just try to confort me a bit.....:c:c:c

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I'm starting to think that Luma Warp is better than the normal Luma Shot now. Because the range of an uncharged Luma Shot is shorter now, it just doesn't seem to work as well as it did before Smash 3DS's 1.0.4 update.

With Luma Warp, thanks to the Wii U Pro Controller's right Control Stick, you have a good amount of quick attack options that you can do.

And of course, you don't have to worry about Luma Warp being reflected right back at you. The only real con is the set travel distance, but it's not like you'd use Luma Shot much anyway.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Lately, I'm starting to think that Luma Warp is better than the normal Luma Shot now. Because the range of an uncharged Luma Shot is shorter now, it just doesn't seem to work as well as it did before Smash 3DS's 1.0.4 update.

With Luma Warp, thanks to the Wii U Pro Controller's right Control Stick, you have a good amount of quick attack options that you can do.

And of course, you don't have to worry about Luma Warp being reflected right back at you. The only real con is the set travel distance, but it's not like you'd use Luma Shot much anyway.
With customs not allowed where I play the most, With Anyone, I prefer not to mess with them. I should probably change that now that I've been adding and playing with more friends lately.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
@ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101 Star Bits is literally a physical disjoint from Luma, so it can't be reflected/absorbed/what-have-you. That said I generally see it as inferior to Floaty/Shooting Star Bit (which are projectiles and can be reflected/absorbed/what-have-you) with the exception of raw damage. (And maybe startup speed? Floaty's definitely slower but IDK about Shooting.)

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I'm a Luma Warp fan myself but there are times I miss the ability to control the distance Luma travels. That's an aspect of Luma Shot that I don't think should be underestimated. (Luma Shot is also a kill move when charged but we can't count on people disrespecting it forever.) Warp does much better against zoning IMO since you can just teleport Luma behind any hitboxes, but maybe Shot is preferable against some other archetype?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I'm a Luma Warp fan myself but there are times I miss the ability to control the distance Luma travels. That's an aspect of Luma Shot that I don't think should be underestimated. (Luma Shot is also a kill move when charged but we can't count on people disrespecting it forever.) Warp does much better against zoning IMO since you can just teleport Luma behind any hitboxes, but maybe Shot is preferable against some other archetype?
Yeah I used to look up to Luma Shot before Smash 3DS got the 1.0.4 update. But now, it's less useful with the fact that the Luma has no hitbox when it stops, and its uncharged travel distance is shorter as well; it used to travel as far as Luma Warp.

Also, because Luma Warp is almost instantaneous, you can do it in the air, and follow-up with a down aerial at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom