• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Hilarious Bat Reflections

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
1. Pikmin Reflecting
There is absolutely nothing funnier than watching Olimar's own Pikmin beat him senseless.

2. Banana Reflecting
If you bat Diddy's bananas as he's throwing them they don't go anywhere but become yours so he trips on them and not you. MINDGAMES, SON!

3. Gordo Reflecting
Nobody likes fighting Dedede. There's not much better than sending one of his most powerful moves right back at him.

4. Grenade Reflecting
No more grenade stripping for you Snake. (Just don't try to bat them after they've bounced off something)

5. Egg Reflecting
Yoshi's annoying. Thankfully we can annoy him back.

Share your own favorite bat reflection stories!

Levitas

the moon
in melee I once reflected a ledgehopped fully charges samus shot ftw. It was amazing, and also happened the day before brawl came out.

Neb

Smash Lord
Lol, pikmin batting is hilarious, x3. But I'd have to say reflecting Samus's charged shot, ftw.

timandcarl

Smash Cadet
I like to bat back wolf's laser. Pretty good for ******* wolves who start the match by shooting one off. Batting Samus's beam back is pretty cool too. If you time it right you can actually kick her beam and cancel it. Same goes for a lot of things, like kicking away pikmin (it's hilarious to see them fly from a simple kick).

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Samus Charge Shots go without question, but Pikachu's Thunder takes the cake imo. Especially since there's no indicator that it's reflected until the rat takes damage. Too bad no one I know mains Pikachu. ;_;

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I liked the surprise Super Missile reflect I pulled on my friend when he still played Samus. I reflect all sorts of things, though. I think the funniest are probably Link's arrows. I never reflect Snake's grenades, I normally catch and throw.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Vs ROB

If he ever shoots a gyro at you and it ends up spinning in front of you, just hit it with the fsmash. ROB probably wont realize that it's yours now and run right into it :chuckle:

I do this all the time.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Hmm, I enjoy batting the occasional Pikmin. Batting Peaches turnips is pretty fun, and grenades. Thinking about it, if you can reflect Pikachu's Thunder, I wonder if you can do the same to ROB's Laser.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Reflect the white pikmin and they'll deal something like ~35% damage to him. Plus, they fly really fast.

@Levitas: Very awesome story. My last experience before Brawl was my Ness getting chaingrabbed by Shiek. Blaw...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Toon Link's boomerang is like the easiest projectile in the game to reflect, that is, if they throw it directly at you.

BTW, why is the title "bat" rflection?

Irsic

Smash Ace
Hm...I think just yesterday I reflected Samus' fully charged shot at point blank range. Hilarious.

And as posted above, always swing at the that Gyro..I hate playing against Rob so much as Lucas, he's seriously one of my hardest match ups. I do so much better as Samus against him. :[

Levitas

the moon
it's funny when you bat a gyro that's sitting on the ground and then the rob runs into it. Esp. if you're standing next to it charging a smash because you know that they don't know that the gyro is yours now.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
Exactly. It's even better when you release that charged smash on the ROB :chuckle:

Oh yeah! Once, a Link was recovering. He shot his boomerang at me while he was returning. I reflected it, and the wind pulled him to his doom :rotfl:This was with Ness though.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I reflected ROBs Laser completely by accident once.

Both myself and ROB stood still for a moment, in a "WTF" type manner.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I didn't know any of those except D3's fjdkslafjdsa. It's so obvious though... I should have tried them..

Yesterday I fought a pikachu who kept spamming thundershock so I reflected back just about all of them XD All except one hit.

bioniclekid8

Smash Cadet
i had 10 lives, lucario had one, and lucario was 305% damage (that's the strongest aura sphere possible, losing and 300 % power up cap) he shot a fully charged aura sphere, i reflected and hit him with the tip of a fully charged bat, overkill FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Samus missle spams, they go WAAAY faster...

wolf blaster spams are a fave o mine also,

but mostly

I LOVE PK FREEZE REFLECT

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I like to bat other Pk fires, and I'd rather psi magnet samus's charge shot. Also Foxs laser is just funny!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
i had 10 lives, lucario had one, and lucario was 305% damage (that's the strongest aura sphere possible, losing and 300 % power up cap) he shot a fully charged aura sphere, i reflected and hit him with the tip of a fully charged bat, overkill FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
<.<
Damage caps at 170% when two stocks behind.
Anything over that won't change anything.

Fully charged 148% Lucario aura sphere.

To reflect or absorb? ._.
Absorb it. A friend of mine reflected it straight into my Double Team and died. :D

Anyways, this friend also once started spamming PK Freeze with Lucas. I was Mario and stupidly fell for it a few times. Finally, we were on the last stock both at around 150%, and I caped a point-blank fully charged PK Freeze for the lulz to see what would happen. He shot up in a ball of ice for the KO. He later returned the favor in a Ness ditto. ;=;

...As for a Lucas hilarious reflection, he reflected my fireball for an early gimp early in the match somehow. I was fuming. D:

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Reflecting Snake's taunt. This is out of the question, but could you counter (Marth or Ike) Marth's Final Smash? Just random trivia, and my brother survived it on FD when he was Ike. W. T. F?

IDK

Smash Lord
i know you can reflect link or toon links final smashes with falco and i dunno about other furries but can you do this with the bat reflector? also, what CAN'T you reflect?

H!volt23

Smash Rookie
My friend uses ness alot, hitting his projectiles what ever they be is always hilarious PK Thunder? More like PK Plunder.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I love the pseudo PKT barrier also. When you use PKT and get hit with a bat or stick when you use it, you get hit by the smash then the thunder, but since the thunder is so weak, it cancels the kknockback of the more powerful smash :grin:

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
My friend t0mmy constantly plays ROB, and he starts the round often by instantaneously shooting ROB's laser. I just used the stick the second the match started and reflected it right back at him. ;)

Then there's Zero Suit Samus's plasma whip (forward B).

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
The plasma whip? Yes. I want to clarify that it's the special move that's covered in electricity, not the quick swiping attack. Zero Samus is a lot of fun to fight with Lucas, because you can reflect that, and absorb her projectiles and down smash. In all I've seen, she does pretty bad against mother kids.

Top Bottom