• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most broken/strongest moves

kingPiano

Smash Ace
History repeats itself on these boards quite often, even down the the Zelda Down-B jokes. Classic.

http://smashboards.com/threads/best-moves.337028/

The recent Favorite / Least favorite matchups thread too. Done to death.

Also you can edit your post so you don't have to double post and reply to your self....there's an edit button.

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Lets make the most broke character In the game (taking the best parts of all characters and making them one)
Let's start with the basics
Pichu's size
Puff's crouch
Puff's air speed
Fox's fall and fast fall speed
Falco's full hop
Fox's SHFFL
Yoshi's double jump
Puff's amount of jumps (yes this means 5 Yoshi jumps)
Bowser's weight
Marth's walk speed
Captain Falcons dash and run speed
Luigi's wavedash
Yoshi's shield (if jumpabable Bowser's shield if not)
Marth's grab

Now onto actual moves

Specials:
Down b: Shine (either one)
Up b: Quick Attack
Side b: Falco Phantasm
Neutral b: Falco' lasers

Honorable Mentions:
Rest andTurnips. While objectively rest is probably the best move in the game and stitch faces I feel like Shine has must more usability than the two and is less punishable if whiffed and isn't nearly as random

Sheik's needles for obvious reasons

Aerials
Nair: Link
Fair: Falcon
Uair:Falcon
Bair: Puff
Dair: Falco

Honorable Mentions: Fox's Nair due to combo ability but a 30 frames lasting move is a bit ridiculous
Marth's Fair Incredible at comboing and walling but the knee is too irresistible
Sheik's Fair is a bit ridiculous. . . that Is all
Fox's Uair amazing kill move but is lacking in it can be SDI'S out of
Pikachu's Uair ...those weird hitboxes.

Tilts
Sheik's F-Tilt (Tilt knee kreygasm)
Marth's D-Tilt
Marth's U- Tilt

Honorable Mentions
Roy's D-Tilt: incredible combo starter, excellent poker, but lacks in Gimping and securing grabs
Kirby's U Tilt sad to see a great to move to something so awful. But it also lacks in range so Marth wins

Smashes

U-Smash: Fox (obviously)
F-Smash: Marth
D-Smash: Peach

Because I couldn't find a better place:
Jab: Puff or Fox.
Puff for jab resetting or Fox for jab u-Smash you decide.

If I left anything out feel free to add on and tell me if anything should be changed
How about just take Captain Falcon, give him another viable approach option, and give him the same amount of jumps as Puff. Most broken character in the game.

Honorable Mentions:
Rest andTurnips. While objectively rest is probably the best move in the game and stitch faces I feel like Shine has must more usability than the two and is less punishable if whiffed and isn't nearly as random
Fox and Falco hit with shine pretty reliably. It might be worth the possible rest punishes. What's the worst that could happen? Rest kills at like 0% with no/bad DI and at like 50% at most before the hit

kingPiano

Smash Ace
The best moves are the ones shown to Falcon.

lol Cool you b trolling? :troll:

On a related note I would love to see Kirby with Falcon's air and ground speed. That would look hilarious, beware the pink flying puff ball of death.

Last edited:

Cool

Smash Journeyman
lol Cool you b trolling? :troll:

On a related note I would love to see Kirby with Falcon's air and ground speed. That would look hilarious, beware the pink flying puff ball of death.
I thought it was pretty good. :troll:

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
Lets make the most broke character In the game (taking the best parts of all characters and making them one)
Let's start with the basics
Pichu's size
Puff's crouch
Puff's air speed
Fox's fall and fast fall speed
Falco's full hop
Fox's SHFFL
Yoshi's double jump
Puff's amount of jumps (yes this means 5 Yoshi jumps)
Bowser's weight
Marth's walk speed
Captain Falcons dash and run speed
Luigi's wavedash
Yoshi's shield (if jumpabable Bowser's shield if not)
Marth's grab

Now onto actual moves

Specials:
Down b: Shine (either one)
Up b: Quick Attack
Side b: Falco Phantasm
Neutral b: Falco' lasers

Honorable Mentions:

Sheik's needles for obvious reasons

Aerials
Nair: Link
Fair: Falcon
Uair:Falcon
Bair: Puff
Dair: Falco

Honorable Mentions: Fox's Nair due to combo ability but a 30 frames lasting move is a bit ridiculous
Marth's Fair Incredible at comboing and walling but the knee is too irresistible
Sheik's Fair is a bit ridiculous. . . that Is all
Fox's Uair amazing kill move but is lacking in it can be SDI'S out of
Pikachu's Uair ...those weird hitboxes.

Tilts
Sheik's F-Tilt (Tilt knee kreygasm)
Marth's D-Tilt
Marth's U- Tilt

Honorable Mentions
Roy's D-Tilt: incredible combo starter, excellent poker, but lacks in Gimping and securing grabs
Kirby's U Tilt sad to see a great to move to something so awful. But it also lacks in range so Marth wins

Smashes

U-Smash: Fox (obviously)
F-Smash: Marth
D-Smash: Peach

Because I couldn't find a better place:
Jab: Puff or Fox.
Puff for jab resetting or Fox for jab u-Smash you decide.

If I left anything out feel free to add on and tell me if anything should be changed
You forgot 0 landing lag, short hop of bowser, and wall jumps.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: **** I forgot throws

D-Throw: Sheik
U-Throw: Marth
F-Throw: Marth?? Idfk does anyone have a good f throw?
B-Throw: Probably Sheik
The best f throw is DK's. He has a pretty amazing up-air too, better than Falcon's. Ness has the best back throw, and Pika's up throw is better than Marth's because it disregards weight and chaingrabs Falcon too. Also, Zelda's fair is stronger than the knee just saying.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
How about just take Captain Falcon, give him another viable approach option, and give him the same amount of jumps as Puff. Most broken character in the game.
And a different recovery.

Also, Quick Attack is useful but requires a lot practice to use effectively because you can only sweetspot the ledge from above.
The best f throw is DK's. He has a pretty amazing up-air too, better than Falcon's. Ness has the best back throw, and Pika's up throw is better than Marth's because it disregards weight and chaingrabs Falcon too. Also, Zelda's fair is stronger than the knee just saying.
DK's U-Air can juggle a decent amount of the cast well, but I would still rather have Falcon's because it covers a lot of area, has a small amount of landing lag, and instant Uair would go really well with Pikachu's U-Throw. The knee isn't quite as strong, but it stays out longer and in my opinion, has better hitbox placement. Also, if you mess up the sweetspot, weak knee can still kill fastfallers because it has a decent amount of stun.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Uair(with the speed of Falcon's) and Flaco shine. Also, just having Flaco shine and 5 jumps makes shine a silly kill option. make the air up B quick Attack, but make the grounded up B either Doc's so they can up B cancel, or Bowser's so they can fortresshog and other crazy stuff.

Bismo Funyuns

Smash Apprentice
And a different recovery.

Also, Quick Attack is useful but requires a lot practice to use effectively because you can only sweetspot the ledge from above.
DK's U-Air can juggle a decent amount of the cast well, but I would still rather have Falcon's because it covers a lot of area, has a small amount of landing lag, and instant Uair would go really well with Pikachu's U-Throw. The knee isn't quite as strong, but it stays out longer and in my opinion, has better hitbox placement. Also, if you mess up the sweetspot, weak knee can still kill fastfallers because it has a decent amount of stun.
Oh I agree that the knee is better, i was just pointing out a fact. And also Zelda's has better range, but other than that i agree that it has a better hitbox, sourspot, and duration. Ganon's Up-air is better than Falcon's though. They come out on the same frame and Ganon's lasts longer.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Parry
Fox's Shine
Falco's shine
Item drops
All multi hit dairs

Jigs bair
Marth's fair
Sheik's Bair
Nana