• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most broken/strongest moves

Noodles n' stuff

Smash Rookie
Hey just wanted to get the comunities thoughts on what they think are some of the most broken/strongest moves in the game. Wether its a smash attack, nair, special attack etc. The strongest moves that come to mind are jiggs rest, falcos side smash, and various others. What are your thoughts?
(Btw Im new here so sorry if this thread has been made already)

dietsnapple89

Smash Apprentice
Peach's downsmash is pretty OP. Even though it will teach you not to crouch cancel, 80% off one downsmash is a little excessive of a punishment, IMO. And Fox's Usmash is obviously another that comes to mind, considering Fox has the best moveset in the game. He could have atleast had that move nerfed a bit, which I think they did in the PAL version.

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
Shine in general. Fox's Usmash, Uair, and IMO his laser. If you want to be technical with OP moves, Marth's and Falco's Dair, Falco's Laser (if not powershielded), Puff Rest, Peach Dsmash, Peach Down B (lol, not all the time), Puff Bair and Uair, Sheik Dthrow, Fair, Bair, and Needles, Ice Climbers Grab and pummel (of course combined with something else), Marth Fair, Dtilt, and Grab, Falcon Dthrow, Uair, Bair, Knee.

Fox's shine, NTSC usmash, uthrow
Falco's shine, laser, fsmash, dair
Sheik's NTSC dthrow, ftilt, fair
Jigglypuff's bair, rest
Marth's grab, uthrow, fsmash
Peach's dsmash, turnips, nair, float (if it counts)
Captain Falcon's Knee, uair
Ganondorf's fair

Also, Peach's dsmash only does up to 64%, uncharged

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
As a more serious answer I think Link's Nair is pretty amazing

It's active on frame 4 and the hitboxes lasts from 4-39
The whole move animation ends on frame 39 and has a SAF of 36 and autocancels on frame 32, it's hitboxes stay out longer than it's SAF and autocancel! SAY WHAAAAA?! It's the Bee's Knees kiddos. Too bad he has a slow a** jump...

Last edited:

RetroGamersGuru

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroGamersGuru
As a more serious answer I think Link's Nair is pretty amazing

It's active on frame 4 and the hitboxes lasts from 4-39
The whole move animation ends on frame 39 and has a SAF of 36 and autocancels on frame 32, it's hitboxes stay out longer than it's SAF and autocancel. It's the Bee's Knees kiddos. Too bad he has a slow a** jump...
I wouldn't qualify it as broken though. It's a great move, but it's not like it's all Link can do.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
I wouldn't qualify it as broken though. It's a great move, but it's not like it's all Link can do.
No I didn't say it was broken, the OP was asking about broken OR strongest moves. I think Link's Nair deserves a mention for the latter category. It definitely has very unique stats.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Zelda's Down-B. It makes her jump 16 spots on the tier list.

Haha yes Zelda's Down-B is the most broken move xD!
But it's only good because Sheik's moves are good. Sheik does the same thing and it's bad because Zelda's moves are bad. In a vacuum, both of their down Bs are kind of useless

Squire

Smash Apprentice
Actual useful moves: Sheik's f-tilt, Sheik d-throw, Fox shine, Falcon knee

Everything else: Zelda down-B, G&W taunt, DK's face when he spot dodges.

EDIT: Technically the strongest move possible in the game is G&W's bucket after catching 3 PK Flashes, I believe. It will kill you at 0% every time, or break your shield if it's at full. Don't know how you measure something stronger.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
EDIT: Technically the strongest move possible in the game is G&W's bucket after catching 3 PK Flashes, I believe. It will kill you at 0% every time, or break your shield if it's at full. Don't know how you measure something stronger.
What if MG@W catches 3 Ness PK flashes
He releases it
1 Roy counters it
Then another Roy counters that counter

That's 2.25x more powerful than the initial bucket spill. Actually, vZakat has the same idea shown in his post, just with 1 Roy. It might be impossible to get the chain reaction I posted, maybe

Last edited:

Squire

Smash Apprentice
What if MG@W catches 3 Ness PK flashes
He releases it
1 Roy counters it
Then another Roy counters that counter

That's 2.25x more powerful than the initial bucket spill. Actually, vZakat has the same idea shown in his post, just with 1 Roy. It might be impossible to get the chain reaction I posted, maybe
Now we're onto something.

D

Deleted member

But it's only good because Sheik's moves are good. Sheik does the same thing and it's bad because Zelda's moves are bad. In a vacuum, both of their down Bs are kind of useless
I was speaking about Zelda alone, even though Sheik has a similar move I was only talking about Zelda.
Jokes aside I would say Peach's Down-Smash because I watched a match that you were in and you Down-B'd a guy from 0 to about 70 in less than 4 seconds...

EDIT: Vegetable farming xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Squire

Smash Apprentice
I would say Peach's Down-B because I watched a match that you were in and you Down-B'd a guy from 0 to about 70 in less than 4 seconds...
Down B is vegetable farming. You mean down smash.

Last edited:
Jokes aside I would say Peach's Down-B because I watched a match that you were in and you Down-B'd a guy from 0 to about 70 in less than 4 seconds...
Peach's uncharged dsmash can do up to 64% in 1 move. The opponent has to crouch cancel or not DI up under a platform for that to happen, and probably need to have the right weight, falling speed, and size

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If you actually mean strongest, then nothing can compare to Roy's fully charged neutral B.

50% damage, OHKOs Bowser from the center of Final Destination.

If we're talking about just OP moves, Peachs dsmash and Jiggly's rest come to mind.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
G&W firing a bucket full of 3 PK Flashes at Roy who counters it into a second Roy counter.
You can counter Roy's counter, so what about countering the counter of the counter of the neutral B?

EDIT: And don't do the full hold for the neutral B, do the optimal frame 210 release.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You can counter Roy's counter, so what about countering the counter of the counter of the neutral B?

EDIT: And don't do the full hold for the neutral B, do the optimal frame 210 release.
.....I'm sorry? O.o

What happens on frame 210? Is it more powerful? Or does it just not damage you?

And of course, this is unrealistically speaking, because unless you break a shield, there's NO way your opponent should be able to be hit by his fully charged neutral B.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
.....I'm sorry? O.o

What happens on frame 210? Is it more powerful? Or does it just not damage you?

And of course, this is unrealistically speaking, because unless you break a shield, there's NO way your opponent should be able to be hit by his fully charged neutral B.
Yeah, Roy's Flare Blade charges for 211 frames, but they messed up the damage scaling so it does more damage if you release on frame 210 than if you held it the full 211 frames and it doesn't hurt you. Also, I agree that this is very unrealistic. Because of the unrealistic required setup, I'll go back to Zelda's Down-B being the best move in the game.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Have you never faced a level 9 Ganon? All they do is use up B (well they jab sometimes to your credit)

Also it works way more than it should which was my point

Last edited:

kingPiano

Smash Ace
Have you never faced a level 9 Ganon? All they do is use up B (well they jab sometimes to your credit)

Also it works way more than it should which was my point
Nah it's way to easy to punish and avoid. Just dash at them and WD back or jump at them and air dodge down, they will always throw it out and miss.....then you have enough to time to do any number of insanely powerful slow moves on them.

Same goes for CF, both are some of the easiest to take any number of stocks off without taking a single hit.

Still though I hear ya, I used to hate that move so much when I first started :hulk:

Last edited:

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised to see no one has mentioned falcos down air. It can combo into almost all of falcos attacks(even a shine), and it will spike as long as it has a hitbox.

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Lets make the most broke character In the game (taking the best parts of all characters and making them one)
Let's start with the basics
Pichu's size
Puff's crouch
Puff's air speed
Fox's fall and fast fall speed
Falco's full hop
Fox's SHFFL
Yoshi's double jump
Puff's amount of jumps (yes this means 5 Yoshi jumps)
Bowser's weight
Marth's walk speed
Captain Falcons dash and run speed
Luigi's wavedash
Yoshi's shield (if jumpabable Bowser's shield if not)
Marth's grab

Now onto actual moves

Specials:
Down b: Shine (either one)
Up b: Quick Attack
Side b: Falco Phantasm
Neutral b: Falco' lasers

Honorable Mentions:
Rest andTurnips. While objectively rest is probably the best move in the game and stitch faces I feel like Shine has must more usability than the two and is less punishable if whiffed and isn't nearly as random

Sheik's needles for obvious reasons

Aerials
Nair: Link
Fair: Falcon
Uair:Falcon
Bair: Puff
Dair: Falco

Honorable Mentions: Fox's Nair due to combo ability but a 30 frames lasting move is a bit ridiculous
Marth's Fair Incredible at comboing and walling but the knee is too irresistible
Sheik's Fair is a bit ridiculous. . . that Is all
Fox's Uair amazing kill move but is lacking in it can be SDI'S out of
Pikachu's Uair ...those weird hitboxes.

Tilts
Sheik's F-Tilt (Tilt knee kreygasm)
Marth's D-Tilt
Marth's U- Tilt

Honorable Mentions
Roy's D-Tilt: incredible combo starter, excellent poker, but lacks in Gimping and securing grabs
Kirby's U Tilt sad to see a great to move to something so awful. But it also lacks in range so Marth wins

Smashes

U-Smash: Fox (obviously)
F-Smash: Marth
D-Smash: Peach

Because I couldn't find a better place:
Jab: Puff or Fox.
Puff for jab resetting or Fox for jab u-Smash you decide.

If I left anything out feel free to add on and tell me if anything should be changed

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Lets make the most broke character In the game (taking the best parts of all characters and making them one)
Let's start with the basics
Pichu's size
Puff's crouch
Puff's air speed
Fox's fall and fast fall speed
Falco's full hop
Fox's SHFFL
Yoshi's double jump
Puff's amount of jumps (yes this means 5 Yoshi jumps)
Bowser's weight
Marth's walk speed
Captain Falcons dash and run speed
Luigi's wavedash
Yoshi's shield (if jumpabable Bowser's shield if not)
Marth's grab

Now onto actual moves

Specials:
Down b: Shine (either one)
Up b: Quick Attack
Side b: Falco Phantasm
Neutral b: Falco' lasers

Honorable Mentions:
Rest andTurnips. While objectively rest is probably the best move in the game and stitch faces I feel like Shine has must more usability than the two and is less punishable if whiffed and isn't nearly as random

Sheik's needles for obvious reasons

Aerials
Nair: Link
Fair: Falcon
Uair:Falcon
Bair: Puff
Dair: Falco

Honorable Mentions: Fox's Nair due to combo ability but a 30 frames lasting move is a bit ridiculous
Marth's Fair Incredible at comboing and walling but the knee is too irresistible
Sheik's Fair is a bit ridiculous. . . that Is all
Fox's Uair amazing kill move but is lacking in it can be SDI'S out of
Pikachu's Uair ...those weird hitboxes.

Tilts
Sheik's F-Tilt (Tilt knee kreygasm)
Marth's D-Tilt
Marth's U- Tilt

Honorable Mentions
Roy's D-Tilt: incredible combo starter, excellent poker, but lacks in Gimping and securing grabs
Kirby's U Tilt sad to see a great to move to something so awful. But it also lacks in range so Marth wins

Smashes

U-Smash: Fox (obviously)
F-Smash: Marth
D-Smash: Peach

Because I couldn't find a better place:
Jab: Puff or Fox.
Puff for jab resetting or Fox for jab u-Smash you decide.

If I left anything out feel free to add on and tell me if anything should be changed
EDIT: **** I forgot throws

D-Throw: Sheik
U-Throw: Marth
F-Throw: Marth?? Idfk does anyone have a good f throw?
B-Throw: Probably Sheik

Last edited:
Top Bottom