• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Enemy of All Time

Slurgly

Smash Cadet
This location has been removed due to stalkers. An
I don't remember his name but on Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, at the end of the desert place before you reach the mushroom place for the first time. (It's been a while)

There's this boss there that's so annoying. It's not that he's so hard, he just takes so long. I was at it for hours at a time and had to keep my Gameboy on all day, and charging it just to keep the game on so I wouldn't have to start over.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
hmm my vote would be for Bongo Bongo from Ocarina of Time. He wasn't necessarily hard as much as he was very, very annoying with his drum and hands knocking you around every 2 seconds. he was a unique boss, but i just couldn't stand him

NukeA6

Smash Master
hmm my vote would be for Bongo Bongo from Ocarina of Time. He wasn't necessarily hard as much as he was very, very annoying with his drum and hands knocking you around every 2 seconds. he was a unique boss, but i just couldn't stand him
I remember when Bongo Bongo was so hard to beat. Hard to believe that now since I own that guy everytime.

Two of my most recent annoying bosses are Yiazmat and Omega MK. XII; both from Final Fantasy XII.

Yiazmat isn't hard at all if you're in the right levels. But this a long fight. It took me 3 nights to kill it (and no I didn't lose; you can save the game and it won't be in full health).

Omega mk. XII is a good mix of tough and annoying. All it does is stand in one spot and shoot lasers. Sure, it sounds like an easy fight but that's until you see how fast it can kill. You make one mistake and you will spend the rest of the fight reviving your characters while the spider robot knocks them down.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Most annoying common enemy is Zubats from the pokemon series. Anyone who has tried to trudge through a cave in a timely manner knows what I mean.

rhan

Smash Hero
One of the mist annoying bosses was Salazar's Monster form on Resident Evil 4.....

I just got pissed one day and pulled out a rocket launcher on him.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I just watched a video of Super Mario Bros. 3 which reminded me of Angry Sun. Now THAT'S one annoying enemy. In the desert world, you have to run through a whole level while avoiding it. It will swoop down on you, and then he will repeat the process on the other side of the screen, over and over again. The enemy can't be beaten as far as I know.

As a kid, I was SO afraid of Angry Sun, it was worse than Redeads from Ocarina of Time which are pretty annoying too, not to mention freaky.

So now you know, one of the baddest enemies from the Mario world. Anyone know if Angry Sun is just in this game or did he have a cameo in other Mario games? It would be interesting to know

Cha0s Finale

Smash Cadet
Ozma from FF9. Easily the hardest boss in any FF game.
Hah, so true. I remember the first time I went to take him on. I was using the FF9 strategy guide, and it was warning that Ozma was extremely hard. But, thinking that most guides exaggerate how hard some bosses are, I went ahead anyways.

I got owned something fierce. :laugh: ...I eventually killed him, but man was it tough.

Anywho, out of recent games i've played, Yiazmat is just annoying from FF12. I still haven't killed him, but mostly because I don't have the patience to do it. I got like, 1/2 way through his HP and died, and I haven't tried killing him since.

As for past games, Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 1 was annoying. :laugh:

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
The Fallen Angels from DMC3. Boy are these annoying. *And* they take too long to kill.

Edit: oh, and you can temporarily eliminate the Angry Sun from play with a turtle shell.

As far as "annoying enemies following you throughout the level" goes, the painter from Wario Land 4 takes the cake in my opinion.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Edit: oh, and you can temporarily eliminate the Angry Sun from play with a turtle shell.
Ah, I didn't know. In one video on Youtube, the player threw a koopa shell on Angry Sun, but it didn't do anything, except for him getting burned. But if that's true, I have something in hand to oppose that darn enemy ^^

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Armored Air Craft Carrier in Jet Impulse.

That thing fires 1 hit KO Balls of Energy. Kills you even with Invincibility on :mad:

Took me 20 times to kill it

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Tentacool and Zubat from the Pokemon series.
Come on, they always do Confuse Ray or Poison Sting, and in the game you'll ALWAYS be poisoned or confused.

WouW

Smash Lord
Various enemies in Metroid Prime: Pinball.

-Triclops: They just keep throwing me in the pit.
-Metroids: How many times have I bounced from them right into the pit...
-Space Pirates: Shoot homing missiles, sometimes right into the hole.
-That boss from Phendrana Drifts (don't know his name). When you get close, he'll turn into a big ball and squeeze you right into a wall, constantly damaging you. And far away from him, some Triclops wait to chuck you in the hole.
-The boss in Phazon Mines. He fires a circle of doom, stopping your momentum. Which may make you fall into the pit. And there keep spawning Space Pirates there as well.

Marth117

Smash Cadet
I would have to say that giant monster from the place of darkness in LoZ ALttP. If you are ready for him it's a nightmare, took me eight tries to beat it.

PipePlaza

Smash Cadet
Fission metroids from metroid prime.
They take forever to kill and then they split into two other who can only be harmed by one specific weapon, plus at one point in the game they spawn with no limit.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
Mine has to be the Zombie things for Ocarina of Time
They would just freeze you and try to like murder you!
I hated them with a passion!

Gaara♥

Smash Master
this thread is pure awesome! Lets see...
Demyx from Kingdom Hearts 2.... omg i wanted to destroy my ps2

Dark Nuts frim Loz TP.... they eventually got kinda fun to fight but ****... so much armor and then get can stronger and faster after all the armor is gone!

the ENTIRE SSE in brawl!... seriously

Abra from PKMN Red/Blue.... you either kill him in one hit or he just teleports away! Luckily he was for sale at Celadon city!
and lastly...

those **** Hunters from Halo 3.... enough said

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Trevelyan from the Cradle stage in Goldeneye.

STOP RUNNING! ARGHHHHH!

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. I truly loved this game, but never finished it because of this optional boss. I tried so many times, and got so close too many of them. He single-handedly defeated my will to play Kingdom Hearts. It's still unbeaten to this day because of my frustration.

Evee

Smash Rookie
Trevelyan from the Cradle stage in Goldeneye.

STOP RUNNING! ARGHHHHH!
Agree'd. Because even if you had Dual Uzi's on 00 Agent (I believe that was the hardest difficulty) it would take ten minutes of running around while trying not to be killed by other guards AND Trevelyan, only to go to the bottom of the cradle and face off to get knocked off to your death.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Metal King Slimes in Dragon Quest 8 are pretty annoying to kill..
Well, not really.

If you make the Hero and Yangus profess in Spears and Axes respectively, they can learn a move that can one shot Metal Slimes, Liquids, and Kings.

Plus, the experience points are godly. It's worth it lol

Dante X

Smash Apprentice
Well, not really.

If you make the Hero and Yangus profess in Spears and Axes respectively, they can learn a move that can one shot Metal Slimes, Liquids, and Kings.

Plus, the experience points are godly. It's worth it lol
Yeah, my spear skill never got too high if I recall correctly. I got bored leveling it up to start hunting them so I could learn Dragon Soul and quit.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
not THE most annoying but hes up there, dracula from the first castlevania, his first form was okay but the second was so weird, there was no pattern and he would usually crush you.

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
I feel that Orochi from the game Okami was just this tick that wouldn't ever die.

I mean, going through the tedious task of beating him 3 times was not fun. The first time, sure, but the rest just grew repetitive.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Omega pirate from MP on hard mode was pretty tough, I had to use the missile technique.

Also, in MP2, I was never able to beat Boost guardian on hard mode. The fact that your health slowly drained no matter what was bad enough, I only got him to 60% on my best attempt.

Top Bottom