• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Enemy of All Time

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
What do you considor to be the most annoying enemy of all time? Please also post...

1. The game they were in.

2. Why they are so annoying.

Personally, I'd say the Amazy Daizy from PPTYD. They put you to sleep and deal 20 damage each time they attack. I mean... dang.

mcpon

Smash Journeyman
The lightning-costumed dudes from Devil May Cry 1.
They have all of Dante's moves AND they could shoot thick laser beams AND they could turn into bats to fly into you. And they attack in a group.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gruntilda from Banjo-Tooie. During the final battle she would hide in tank that you could not damage (but she could still attack you with lazers and missles), and while you were dodging her attacks she would occasionally pop out to ask you a trivia question about the game, get it wrong and she will hand your arse to you, get it right and she will graciously only slow her attacks for a few seconds for you to switch to "first person mode," align her into your crosshairs and fire, deal her 2 - 3 damage (out of 100HP) depending on the egg projectile used, she pops back in her tank and will be more agressive until the next question. To this day I have yet to beat her (I wittled her down to 81HP once, but it took, like 30 mins)! I hear it only gets more complicated (you have to use your remote controlled robot eggs to enter her tank's exhaust pipe to blow up part of her tank, but even down to her final 1HP she still asks trivia questions about the game! WTF?!

HiddenElf22

Smash Cadet
How about the Snake puppet Ganon (if I can remember, my friend has the Gamecube)
All he does is spin around and around and you ahve to hit his tail with an arrow...I think...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
HiddenElf22 said:
How about the Snake puppet Ganon (if I can remember, my friend has the Gamecube)
All he does is spin around and around and you ahve to hit his tail with an arrow...I think...
... He was insanely easy to kill.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
OmegaWeapon said:
Like Like's from the zelda games. A monster that eats your equipment is always annoying no matter how you look at it.
That would be true, but after you hit it twice you get your stuff right back when it dies. Not sooooo bad..
My vote goes to Abyssion, an optional boss in Tales of Symphonia. You know how hard RPG optional bosses are, this guy takes the cake. He has the most powerful combat moves in the game and pulls them off in chains of about 5 at a time, shredding anyone who tries to melee attack him. He also knows insanely powerful spells that he pulls off with no delay whatsoever and are almost impossible to dodge. Plus, he can teleport anywhere he wants to, anytime, and his human size makes him a smaller target for spells and attacks. That, and he has more than double the health of the game's final boss. Hardest. Boss. Ever. Period.

SmashKing89

Smash Rookie
Master Brandybuck said:
That would be true, but after you hit it twice you get your stuff right back when it dies. Not sooooo bad..
My vote goes to Abyssion, an optional boss in Tales of Symphonia. You know how hard RPG optional bosses are, this guy takes the cake. He has the most powerful combat moves in the game and pulls them off in chains of about 5 at a time, shredding anyone who tries to melee attack him. He also knows insanely powerful spells that he pulls off with no delay whatsoever and are almost impossible to dodge. Plus, he can teleport anywhere he wants to, anytime, and his human size makes him a smaller target for spells and attacks. That, and he has more than double the health of the game's final boss. Hardest. Boss. Ever. Period.

You think that guy was tough????????? Try fighting the Living Armor (also Tales of Symphonia.) He has 2x the hp of Abyssion, and while Abyssion mainly uses physical attacks that, while tough, are blockable, the Living Armor instantly casts the strongest spells in the game, which can kill any character below level 80 in two or three hits. Abyssion may be tough, but he is nothing compared to Living Armor.

DarkMechJock

Smash Rookie
While we're on the topic of annoying optonal bosses, I'd like to bring up Rafflesian from Megaman X: Command Mission. Comparitively low HP, but she regained half of it every one of her turns, and increased in power as well. And she had two Belladonnas that attacked alongside her. Her Sunburst attack hit the entire party ten times at 200 damage each time, and that was a lot for that game.

Bahful

Smash Apprentice
DreamCaster said:
Gruntilda from Banjo-Tooie. During the final battle she would hide in tank that you could not damage (but she could still attack you with lazers and missles), and while you were dodging her attacks she would occasionally pop out to ask you a trivia question about the game, get it wrong and she will hand your arse to you, get it right and she will graciously only slow her attacks for a few seconds for you to switch to "first person mode," align her into your crosshairs and fire, deal her 2 - 3 damage (out of 100HP) depending on the egg projectile used, she pops back in her tank and will be more agressive until the next question. To this day I have yet to beat her (I wittled her down to 81HP once, but it took, like 30 mins)! I hear it only gets more complicated (you have to use your remote controlled robot eggs to enter her tank's exhaust pipe to blow up part of her tank, but even down to her final 1HP she still asks trivia questions about the game! WTF?!
Hm, I didn't think she was a particularily difficult boss. The aiming system mightn't have been spot on, but I always managed to whittle her down about 10 hp or so between questions using the regular eggs (or whichever one had that fastest rof).

I don't know if I'd call them THE most annoying enemies of all time, but those darn crows from Earthworm Jim were a pain in the neck. They'd always fly just outside of your firing range and start picking at your head giving other enemies (like, say, more crows) the chance to close in on you.

Kirby-Chao189

Smash Journeyman
SmashKing89 said:
You think that guy was tough????????? Try fighting the Living Armor (also Tales of Symphonia.) He has 2x the hp of Abyssion, and while Abyssion mainly uses physical attacks that, while tough, are blockable, the Living Armor instantly casts the strongest spells in the game, which can kill any character below level 80 in two or three hits. Abyssion may be tough, but he is nothing compared to Living Armor.
You're saying that Living Armor was tough? I beat him so easily! And at level 70! And Abyssion wasn't THAT hard. Photon+Lloyd's combo is great. I run until Raine casts Photon, and then, I go attack him.

But, the most annoying enemy must be Dullahan(sp?) from Golden Sun. Djinn Storm(or whatever the name was.. I haven't played in ages..) is SO annoying!

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spoilers from quite a few new games in this post(only spoiling enemies nothing else):

Rafflesian was annoying for sure to me, I died a good number of times vs her and the 2 other plant mavericks.. I still can't beat first Ninetails form even with X and Zero's most powerful forms, I guess I should level up way more, since I kinda rushed through the main story. Botos was a challenge as well, since he kept healing himself just like Rafflesian.

Another annoying boss is Ayame Blackburn from Killer 7, which is even worse on Hard Mode. It's pretty **** hard to hit her with most of the personalities, but I suggest to use Mask close ranged at any light location since most of the time Ayame will be hit then. Her 2nd fight is not that annoying as the first but it gets dangerous on Hard Mode once she's near death, she starts spamming bullets very fast and all of my personalities died to this except for Dan and the secret character unlocked in Hard Mode. Ayame also had way too much life on the 2nd fight IMO.

The Dark Pirates teleporting around in Metroid Prime 2 and having insane life and you could not run into other rooms annoyed me.

This metal spider boss in Pikmin 2 which I still can't figure out how to beat, and ultimately, let me stopped playing the game since it was such a cheap boss. But know I'm starting over again and hopefully i'll beat it now so that I can beat the game.

Some enemies in Blaster Master I can't remember now since it's been so long since I played that game.

Dr.Wily from Megaman 7, I think most who played it can agree with me on this one.

Sigma from Megaman X4, challenging.

This spinning thing in Ikaruga on Chapter 3 which you can either kill(it becomes much harder to dodge it's attacks then) or let it live. I've let it live most of the time, but if someone ever wants to have a good score on this Chapter, they should kill this thing too.

Wizzrobes from The Legend of Zelda.

Golem Twins from Chrono Trigger, died a good number of times here too.

Magnetman Version 3 in Megaman Battle Network 2

There's much more in my head, but this is it for now.

Master.Lord.Marth.

Smash Journeyman
I hate that wizard from Golden Sun lost age *if anyone remembers his name, help me out*. He had 5-6 *don't remember* sphere monsters *one healed him every turn around 500 hp, other attack you with thunder, other wiht water/ice other with earth, other with fire moves and one that put a shield up which cut any attack power by 3/4* And if you killed any of them he would just bring the back in a fwe turns. That was such a crappy fight

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Kurt Zisa, Kingdom Hearts.

Out of about 50 attempts, I have only beaten him 5 times. It always comes down to his stupid, near undodgeable Pinwheel attack. What is it with Kingdom Hearts and undodgable Pinwheel attacks anyway (The NeoShadows do it too)?

drcossack

Smash Ace
Hmm.

Phantom from Kingdom Hearts. Don't stop the clock countdown and he "erases" one of your characters, plus I believe his elemental weakness constantly changes.

Runner-ups?

Wizzrobes, LoZ version. On their own, they're not hard, but there's usually 5-10 of them, plus Like-Likes. I'll also go with the N64 Wallmasters in OoT and MM; if you've only had to deal with the NES version, I think they're only slightly harder.

ValiantDeftone

Smash Apprentice
either...

Like Likes from Legend Of Zelda series because they eat your shield!
Wall Masters also from Legend Of Zelda because they take you back to the entrance!
or Ruby Weapon from Final Fantasy VII because he'll knock out all your characters and leave you with only 1 character left

Smash Lord
Ok, shoot Like Likes with an arrow or just do a quick spin they're not that hard especially compared to the wallmasters (annoying ********)

The most annoying enemy is Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts. You have to fight him alone and his sword is so long you can't get in close enough and lasty he keeps jumping everywhere it's hard to get a hold of him.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Rattata from the Pokemon series is the most annoying enemy in all of gaming (IMO). They appear too many random battles that it just makes me go mad. That must be what repel was invented for.

RageNevermore

Smash Cadet
I have a few.

Sorceress Ultimecia and her GF in FF8. If all your characters are level 100, they get insanely strong and the GF (forgot its name) has some super death move that bugs me. And my Pheonix never helps when he does that move.

Metroid Prime from Metroid Prime. I don't know how everyone else does, but I can't kill the thing. Those darn Hunter Metroid keep on zapping me while I blast Prime with my Phazon gun. Only one more shot, but I died. Also, his annoying running across the arena and those energy shots that do so much damage.

Emerald Weapon from FF7. Ruby is harder (but was already mentioned) but this guy is annoying. His little orbs keep on blasting you, and I can't seem to get Knights of the Round ready fast enough.

Dullahan from Golden Sun: TLA. What really annoyed me was the fact that, after I tried the fight about 5 times, my friend, who had never played the game before, beat him in one shot.

Guildenstern from Vagrant Story. His ultimate move, Bloody Sin, is the hardest to block since its hard to predict when you have to block. Also, any weapon seems to do like 7 dmg to him, your attacks always miss after about 3 hits, he also moves really fast, and he'll stop all the way across the arena.

Fission Metroids. The fact that I can't freeze them, nuff' said.

Thats all I have for now.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I would have to say Ares from God of War. You really regret not updating your **** better.

Also a terrible boss was Baal from the Diablo 2 Expansion: Lord of Destruction. I mean come on, Diablo and Mephisto were harder than him and he came after both of them in the order. I wanted too try him on Hardcore but I would lose right at Mephisto and thus ruin that.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think a couple of people here forgot that this topic is of the most annoying enemies (not the toughest).

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Pidgey.........wether its in PKMN or real life or Zelda, there is ALWAYS a pidgey looking thing in the game!

Even "duck hunt" had duckish pidgey. i hate pidgey.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Osco316 said:
Usually the toughest are the most annoying. There the ones that you spend hours trying to beat and still fail (Cackletta, that *****)
Ok, just making sure.

Master Brandybuck

Smash Cadet
The Great Marth said:
Pidgey.........wether its in PKMN or real life or Zelda, there is ALWAYS a pidgey looking thing in the game!

Even "duck hunt" had duckish pidgey. i hate pidgey.
Oh my god, Pidgey. >_< (squeezes eyes shut and bangs head repeatedly on desk). They are the most annoying thing EVER!! Like when you're running along a Route trying to get somewhere and you have to go thru some grass you pray not to have to run into a Pidgey and waste your time, but BAM the screen blacks out and there you are. As a Pokemon vet I've probably wasted 3 or 4 hours just running from Pidgeys a tenth of my level.

You were right about every game having a pidgey like thing, too. Zelda 64 bats or evil crows anyone? >_<

NukeA6

Smash Master
Master Brandybuck said:
Oh my god, Pidgey. >_< (squeezes eyes shut and bangs head repeatedly on desk). They are the most annoying thing EVER!! Like when you're running along a Route trying to get somewhere and you have to go thru some grass you pray not to have to run into a Pidgey and waste your time, but BAM the screen blacks out and there you are. As a Pokemon vet I've probably wasted 3 or 4 hours just running from Pidgeys a tenth of my level.

You were right about every game having a pidgey like thing, too. Zelda 64 bats or evil crows anyone? >_<
For me, if I were to post that above message, I would replace Pidgey with Rattata. I hate those cockroach-like vermin. It makes me wish there was a chainsaw in the Pokemon series.

Oh, just let you know, I'm talking about Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. I forgot who was the annoying one in Red/Blue/Yellow.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Hmmm. This one is easy. The last boss of Mario and Luigi. Cackeletta. Beat it with no healing items and 2 hp on Luigi left, and that was after maybe 10 hours of practice. But really they just don't make games as hard as they use to.

Double Dragon and Ghosts n' Ghouls are still the most rediculous games ever.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Osco316 said:
Cackletta from Mario and Luigi: SS.

I still can't beat her.

You think you're close and then her moves last twice as long and just whoop you.
Ditto.

Also, Culex from Mario RPG. Mario RPG is tied as my favorite game of all time, and I have yet to beat him.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
Malboro from FF8, annoying as hell, you're just sitting waiting to recover while being hit with every possible status attack. Especially if one or 2 characters were accidently lvled too high, thus raising Malboro's lvls as it picks on your lower lvl characters. I think it was later i found out that Deathtrain was effective on Malboro? forget

The Empress on Hard Mode of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

stiill havent been able to beat her yet, takes too much life for the dmg you can do to her, and i run of out sand eventually

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
General Scales from Star Fox Adventures.

I had been looking forward to taking on this giant lizard. When it's time to face him, I get ready to see what moves he does. He walks right up to me and......jumps a little to th left. Then jumps a little to the right. And repeats. I go to attack thinking it must be some glitch where he wont attack until you attack first. I swing, then the cutscene comes up, shows what happens and YOU NEVER GET TO FIGHT HIM!

Very annoying.

NukeA6

Smash Master
McFox said:
Ditto.

Also, Culex from Mario RPG. Mario RPG is tied as my favorite game of all time, and I have yet to beat him.
Come on, Culex isn't hard. All you gotta do is level around the 20s. get lots KeroKero Colas and PickMeUps (some Red Essences help too). Give Mario the Lazy Shell Weapon; give Peach the Lazy Shell Armor, and give Geno the safety Ring and Amulet. Destroy the Wind Crystal and then the Water Crystal. Next, destroy the Fire Crystal and Earth Crystal. Now Culex has no other defenses and shouldn't be too hard. If you happen to beat Culex first, all the crystals die with him.

If you think Culex is bad, you do not wanna fight bosses like Omega Weapon, Shinnryu, Nemesis, Ruby Weapon, etc.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Which Omega you talking about? He's been a boss in FFV, FFVIII, FFX, and FF:DoS (GBA)

I personally think the FFV Omega was the toughest of them; the DoS version is modeled on that one and has the same weaknesses.

Shinryuu: Hrm. If you don't know how to kill him in FFV, you're as good as dead. He's about the same in Dawn of Souls :(

Never fought Nemesis, but I had to use my Gameshark to beat Emerald & Ruby Weapon (not so necessary for Emerald, but Ruby's really annoying.)

NukeA6

Smash Master
drcossack said:
Which Omega you talking about? He's been a boss in FFV, FFVIII, FFX, and FF:DoS (GBA)
FFV, the one that looks like a spider robot

Top Bottom