• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Addictive Game

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) Parappa the Rapper 2: any time, any place, any level. I can pick up this game and just have FUN!! The lyrics are catchy and I love to try remixing the songs in totally new ways everytime I play!!

2) Samba De Amigo: As long as you have a working pair of peripheral maracas this would be the only game in my DC. Sadly the maracas have a life span of 1 week before they die out (and for $40 a pop, that not to good of a deal, but the KICK ARSE)!!!!

3) Bangai-O: Ahhhhh!! This 2D Shooter game is soooooo fun!! The main character [Riki] is so funny!! The gameplay is like Smash TV but with more firepower and kick arse visuals. Plus the plot so horribly written (and translated) it's to die for XD:
random scene when Riki and Mami enter one of the boss chambers
Riki's Father: Riki! Mami!
Riki: Fa-father? Why are you here in such a place?
Riki's Father: Listen to me with your purest heart! What do you think of my new marriage?
Riki: Father? In the middle of the battle for world peace, you've got married again?
Riki's new mother: Today appears to be a day of great joy for the two of us! I'm very happy for the both of us!
Riki: Mama? Mama, is it you? Well! Not bad, Father. Congratulations!
Riki's Father: We are celebrating our new life! We must now kill you!
Riki: I've wanted that! I'll destroy you!

para trooper

BRoomer
BRoomer
My most addictive game was rollarcoaster tycoon. Man i just couldnt get enough of that game. I remember when i first turned it on and could control anything. YOu could find any specific member in the park, you could watch them throw up or piss them off. I remember the christmas i got it, i played it for like 8 hours strait. Each park was different and unique so there was always a different challenge. i think im goign to go play it now...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Goldeneye didn't set presidence, Half-Life did. All FPSes are gonna be compared to it, which is unfair because it was too superior.

My most addictive game was Half-Life. Was, is correct as I have stopped playing it after playing it since it came out till about last summer then again this summer. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, and the MANY mods made this game so awesome. Other games, such as Unreal Tournament have gotten mods like TFC and CS, but HL seems to have the best.

Another extremely addictive game was Deus Ex. That game revolutionized Story the way Half-Life revolutionized Gameplay and Multiplayer. Deus Ex had a deep story that shocked the player at every twist and turn. It had deep gameplay with skill points a la RPGs, but wasn't a true RPG. I suggest everyone should give it a try. Replay value is VERY high.

Jango Fett

Smash Lord
^ this guy is fool , seriously .

1 ) GoldenEye . Truely a great game . Who doesnt like killing people ?
2 ) StarCraft . BackStabbers will be botted and will be added to my hate list . It is a game of skill .
3 )Smash Bros. Melee and Original .

Smashman

Smash Champion
Portland, Connecticut, U.S.A., Earth, Milky Way Ga
Eric_the_Red ignorantly avoids anything that even remotely has to do with Nintendo. Why? I have no clue.

HalfLife... hmm, never played it. Goldeneye and PD ARE excellent though. Undeniable. Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom were great. Myst, Riven, and Exile compelled and engaged me for years!

Kilgard

Smash Cadet
here we go

1. Final Fantasy 7 (All the little extras add to the replay value)
2. Metal Gear Solid (I've beat it tons of times)
3. Wild Arms (I just started playing this one, but I can't put it down)
4. Pokemon (Red and blue were very addictave, Gold and silver didn't do it for me)
5. Gran Turismo 3 ( I played this game 24/7 for a full summer)

Kilgard

Smash Cadet
I missed one

I forgot to mention the sims. That game was addictive! I never wanted to leave my family!

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Let me see.....
1)Pokemon Silver
2)Advance Wars
3)Super Metroid
4)Chronotrigger
5)Diablo 2
6)SSBM
7)Mario Sunshine

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hhhm...games that I've found most addictive...

- Final Fantasy X
- Mario Party 1, 2, 3
- Super Smash Bros.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Pokemon (Can't wait for the next games!)
- Golden Sun

And yeah, that concludes my list ^_^

ECVlion

Smash Ace
Lol, i know, even my mother was hooked on it.
Ha! MaverickZero, once my brother told my mom to play SuperMario64, and she kept bumping into walls. She actually went forward though. It was the first race-course. Whatever it's called.

L33tM45t4

Smash Rookie
Addictive Games

:goomba: SuperMarioBros. 3 :goomba:
SSB and SSBM
Tribes
Perfect Dark
Halo
THPS3 for PC
Tetris and Dr.Mario
and finally Dance Dnce Revolution
these are addictive,i still like to play SMB3...Tanooki Mario rules!!

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
The Sims, SSB, SSBM, and Ultima Online had me in front of the computer/television for days.

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
For me id have to say StarFox 64. I just cant get enough of destroying stuff.

Plus you cant get enough of Animals in space ships telling you the controls half way into the game. AHAHAH. Plus they are pretty funny to lysten to.

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
1.Super Smash bros. melee
2.Goldne Sun
3.Tetris Attack
4.Animal Crossing
5.Super Mario Sunshine
6.Tekken 3
7.The Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time

P.S.: these are not placed in order of best to worst I like all these games all the same.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
uh.. let's see:

Pokemon Silver/Yellow
Legend of Dragoon
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Final Fantasy 10
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Xenosaga: Episode II
Shadow hearts : A new beginning
Street Fighter Alpha
Crash Bandicoot 2 (it's kiddy, but fun.)

basically those and almost any RPG that I see in general are addicting.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Mega Man 2
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Panel De Pon
6. Super Mario Bros. 3
7. Klonoa
8. Pokemon D/P
9. Street Fighter II
10. Street Fighter III

All of these in no particular order.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
1. Crash Bandicoot 2
2. Streets of Rage 3
3. Superfrog
4. Zool 2
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (16 and 8-bit)
7. Gauntlet Legends

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Paper Mario
Pókemon
(Any of them: Red, Gold, Ruby: Got mad at the series though when the lineup I had from Red/Gold combined couldn't be traded to Ruby. Was even more mad when Leaf-Green/ Fire-Red came out and basically made you have to start everything over despite the fact you already played these games and previously trained these Pókemon. Addiction ended there. Game is fun to play but it's ridiculous how your original lineup means nothing as the years go on.)

Risk

(I played Risk all the time, especially the North American map. I'd keep trying for days to get on a roll. Finally one game I did against 3 colors. I played for 7 days, 2 hours a night back in 2002. I'd likely still be playing it now if my PS1 didn't break.)

Super Smash Bros Melee (Think everyone knows why this one is addictive)

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball (SNES)
Twisted Metal 3 (PS1)

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, seriously, what happened?

1. Pokemon: I played Red, Silver, and Sapphire.
2. Animal Crossing
3. GTA 3
4. Smash Bros. Melee.

Pokemon ran all of our lives when it was at its peak. You know a game is too addictive when you are thinking up strategies while you are supposed to be paying attention during class.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Not an actual game, like those but Pyoro T, from wario ware smooth moves, it's so addicting you'll vomit

Puddin

Smash Lord
Replay value helps. You can't say your addicted to a game with no replay value, then your just fooling yourself. Games with DLC, or that make you go back to levels to unlock certain things, these are the games that keep people playing. Online is a big help as well. LittleBigPlanet.

Animal Crossing has become too mundane for me. But did anybody else notice IGN's AC:CF countdown?

It most certainly does not come out Monday.

And this as well. Looking back at a series with only two games and virtually no story? Seems kind of hard, somewhat impossible even...

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.im very poor only video game systems i ever own was a N64 and PS2(both are gone)
Currently Wii of course.
not much of addicting games.well i do but its in the arcade but whatever ill post it

1.Initial D Arcade Stage Series(Look at my sig to find out what is it well what it looks like)

Miss these 2 games for PS2 =(
2.Initial D Special Stage
3.Gran Turismo 4

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Animal Crossing series is so addictive, I mean since the game never ends and you can just goof off its a blast.

K64

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Sapphire was very addictive and I wished they kept certain stuff on the Sinnoh series. Melee 4ever people.

JDM

Smash Champion
Pokemon,MPH(I think I logged in over 600hours on that DS game) and melee that are the games most addicting for me.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Disgaea.Its the only game that I played that relied on addiction.
Thank you sir for stating that series, and for me practically anything that ATLUS makes for me is too good.

Obviously I'll state all the smashes...well as long as nobody actually tries to win in brawl its enjoyable...until a ROB or MK shows up.

and also...Left 4 Dead I've played that game for close to 12 hours straight in one sitting the versus is too good for me. It might be wrong to enjoy ensnaring the straggler and put them to a slow death of clawing

Top Bottom